Newcastle Local Lad Shines For England With Six Goals

Adam Armstrong is having some great games for the England U17 side in the 2015 European Championship qualifiers, and today against Ireland he hit yet another two goals in their 6-0 win, and he now has six goals in three games in the qualifying rounds.

adam armstrong england armenia

Adam Armstrong – he resembles a young Kevin Nolan
But he’s a lot better than Kevin was at just 16

We had profiled the 16 year-old number 10 a few weeks back,  and he is certainly raising some eyebrows with his top performances for the England U16 side, and he has scored braces in each of three qualifiers against Armenia (4-0), Gibraltar (8-0) and now Ireland.

England have won all their games in the group, and have scored a massive 18 goals and not conceded any in their three games, but of course there will be much tougher opposition in the Elite rounds to be played next March.

And Adam was taken off at half time in the game today, after complaints from the Irish coaching staff,  that the Geordie lad was just too good.

Armstrong has also been starring for the Newcastle U21 side, even though he is only 16, and he’s scored five times in seven Barclay’s Under-21 Premier League appearances for Newcastle this season.

This lad could be the real thing, and his idol is not only Wayne Rooney, but he resembles Wayne in stature, and Adam is also a natural number 10, and he scores goals  just like Wayne too.

And yes, I made that up about the Ireland coaches complaining he was too good – but it sounded good. 😀

• John Tudor

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM

sell him to man u ashley you toe rag

• magscar

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM

REPOST

Mister Tuff

I see your point on Sports Direct News but what I was aiming at was for Ashley to just comunicate with us if necessary through a media source/channel he trusted and which wouldn’t manipulate or edit what he was trying to say.

Surely he could trust his own internet news outlet or is it that far out of control !

• BandB

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Rotonda,

So as not to misreport, re: the relationship between NUST and Time4Change.
    The NUST statement on the matter was previewed by a blurb which said Time4Change was supportive of NUST’s aims.
    The actual statement itself doesn’t explicitly endorse the march. But it attempts some vaguely-supportive mood music.
    Maybe there was a handshake on it.

• Ashton

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I bet he can do a better job upfront than Cisse.

• BandB

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:23 PM

magscar,

The evidence so far is that Sports Direct News is not recruiting from the very top of the journalistic gene-pool.
    What else would you expect?

• Mister Tuff

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM

magscar – your original post was certainly an honest an reasonable effort to knock heads together. I think you’ll find you’ll probably not get a reply. Keep us posted if there is a response from the Toon.

• BandB

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Desperate for a trophy Pardew to rest Remy and Cabaye for cup clash.
    They’ve made that up, haven’t they?

• GeordieTwo

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Another up and coming player but what has happened to young Campbell? A lot of young players seem to rise then fade quickly at our club. Let’s hope this isn’t another case.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I’ll stick with my prediction of us finishing somewhere between 11th and 14th depending on injuries mainly. There is no sign that the club have turned a corner in a positive way. We have some decent players but they don’t play well as a team for Pardew often enough. There are several up and coming clubs as well as the top 6 so I can’t see us finishing in the top 10. Whether a 14th place finish would get Pardew sacked is not clear to me as the owner is a complete fool when it comes to football.

• BandB

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM

That’s from the well-informed Ian Murtagh, Look North’s man-with-the-inside-line of choice.

• mindshaft

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Play him against Chelsea

• GeordieDan

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I actually met the other little Adam at our club, Adam Campbell the other day at the derby game in the away end.

I thought he’d be a really decent young’un and wanting to chat with everyone but I couldn’t be more wrong.

I said to him casually “Well done for getting in and around the 1st team, you’ve done really well. Will we see you playing in the derby next year?”

He couldn’t even be arsed to look in my direction and just stared into space with a smarmy smirk on his face.

Ignorant little ****. Honestly I just felt like (gently explaining) to the aloof little git that he’s still done nowt to get such an over-inflated opinion of himself and he shouldn’t be so bloody ignorant!

I know footballers usually need to have a bit of arrogance to believe in themselves but I hope young Adam Armstrong isn’t such an ar$ehole if he gets his 5 minutes of fame!

If having a stupid wage and 5 minutes of fame turn you into a person like that I’d rather be skint!

• Charlietoon

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Put him up against Man City for fun. He cant be any worse than CIsse

• mindshaft

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Here’s a few managers that Ashley should seriously think about replacing Pards with.

Paulo Bento,
    Vincenzo Montella
    Viktor Goncharenko
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

All young managers who play an attacking style and have turned mediocre teams into good teams rather than pardews style of turning a good team into a mediocre one.

I’m sure they wouldn’t be that expensive and Ashley could load their wages with bonus incentives

• Pardews Prolific Boys

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I am gonna agree with your prediction Geordietwo. 10th would be very good the way we’re playing atm

• GeordieTwo

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Sounds like Mr. Campbell has an over-inflated opinion of himself GeordieDan @12. Let’s hope he doesn’t go the way of Ranger mate. If he already has a head that big it doesn’t bode well for his future. Maybe that’s why we’re not hearing much of him anymore.

• lesh

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM

This lad’s doing well and we need to get him signed up before he goes elsewhere.

But by the tine Kinnear gets his rs out of his pit and fannys on playing negotiating games, the lad, young Armstrong’ll be off.

• ToonDarnSarf

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Another player for us to build up as the next big thing and then complain if he doesn’t make it…

People slate Ameobi and Saylor yet we need solid local lads. They don’t all have to be world class.

• BandB

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Mindshaft

Send that list Joe.

A quick call Mr Monticello, Mr Gonorrhea and Mr Bento and we’ll be sorted.

• ToonDarnSarf

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Campbell has done nothing so far. Time for him to come good but there’s been no good reason to big him up so much. Some fools demanded he should be in the first team this season an even starting! He couldn’t even get into a League One side! Give him time and we’ll see…

Reminds me of Chopra…

• John Tudor

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:53 PM

they just have to have some class

• BandB

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Arrgh!

Send that list TO Joe.

A quick call TO Mr Monticello, Mr Gonorrhea and Mr Bento and we’ll be sorted.

• magscar

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Mister Tuff

I will let you know if I get a response but I am not holding my breath as you no doubt realise.

My intention was to start a ball rolling but it seems that my wish has fallen on deaf ears. A lone voice in the wilderness is easier to ignore by NUFC.

I had hoped some of the energy posters on here exhibit in raging against Ashley etc and other posters might be redirected at the club’s sites somehow.

BandB

Hope my earlier reply to Mister Tuff covers what I was getting at re SDN

• BandB

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Masgar,

It was a considered and good read.
    You can blow out a candle, but you can’t blow out a fire.
    For folks of our generation.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM

A cup run would endanger our remaining in the Prem. If we field our best 11 against Man City we will probably have less chance to get a point against or even play well against Chelsea. That will be the thinking. Scrape a point wherever we can and stay in the Prem even if we end up 15th, 16th, or 17th. It’s the mindset of the owner. He has stopped even pretending he has any football ambition. After the 5th place finish Ashley, Llambias and Pardew were full of themselves and Pardew used to constantly go on about winning a cup. Now that we’ve returned to reality with the Ashley method it won’t be mentioned again. Instead we’ll get excuses and whining from Joe about how unfair the world is and how poor our owner is. No effort to increase our commercial income whatsoever. Maybe it’s time to lay off a few more staff.

• G

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Regarding other managers for the toon gig. Sean Dyche. Seems to be able to do miracles without any discernable budget. Ticks all MA’s boxes.

• magscar

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM

BandB
    Apt quote

• GeordieTwo

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:09 PM

• Himanshu Dhingra

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Honestly Believe Pardew would struggle to get this NUFC squad promoted to the premierLeague, if we were there with this squad.

He is that poor.

My Opinion.

Don’t Hurl abuse

• John Tudor

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM

hed struggle to get out of div2

• GeordieTwo

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I always thought Pardew would be an average Championship manager Himanshu mate. He might be able to lift a team for a season especially if many of the players were home grown. I’m convinced he would do better if we had 4 or 5 British players in the first 11 (if they were decent of course). He doesn’t handle international players well. Look at the mess Cisse, Sissoko, and frequently Ben Arfa have turned into. And Cabaye has been very up and down as well. He may manage to Pardew the talent out of Remy next.

• Ian Toon

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Geordie Two—- It’s old news. It appeared in the programme for the Liverpool game. Mr Tuff commented a while ago that Kinnear was not responsible. You destroy your credibility if you just frantically look for anything and everything to condemn Ashley, Kinnear and Ap with.
    You’ll be saying that were going to get annihilated by SandS- my mistake I forgot you did say that on the Friday evening before the game!

• Himanshu Dhingra

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:27 PM

G2

Well said, it is not a coincidence that

Perch, Shola, Sammy and Taylor are the kind of players he has trusted.

His level of player? may be? don’t mean to disrespect.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I thought with the players we have that we would have built a very good carpet football team, especially up front. I just find it hard to believe that a top manager couldn’t find a way to get Remy, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Gouffran, and probably even Cisse playing some brilliant attacking football. With an in form Sissoko and Tiote in behind them and a well organized defense we should play much better than we do. I know who that makes me think is at fault in large part for the actual on field results. We have bigger problems higher up the club as well.

• John Tudor

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:27 PM

ashley

• BandB

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Ian

Wouldn’t it be lovely to have some credibility to destroy?

• GeordieTwo

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Steady on Ian mate @31. I just saw the link on another blog today so I apologize if it is old news, but isn’t it his most recent whinge anyway? I don’t understand the reference to SandS?

• stuart no9

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:31 PM

geordie@27—— for a start , jfk didnt write that. That piece came from an intelligent source. but yeah , avery odd write up in a match day prog. but they had to get it out somewhere. also , pards must sit at home in the evening wondering how the bloody hell he still has a job . amazing absolutly amazing.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Don’t understand your point either BandB @36? I have no credibility because I don’t always agree with you and Ian? Strange I thought this was a discussion forum. Possibly I’m wrong about the meaning of the word discussion?

• John Tudor

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:32 PM

all i want for christmas is you lot gone

1 2 3 6