It’s All Set Up For Newcastle To Shock Us

Newcastle have had two defeats in a row, and Mike Ashley is again making his presence known at Newcastle in a negative way, by banning journalists from the Chronicle, Journal and Sunday Sun, because he didn’t much like their coverage of that March against him two weeks ago.

But Mike should know better, than you cannot control the press coverage, just as King Canute found out he couldn’t control the tides back in the 11th century.

alan pardew  -5317484

Alan Pardew – Newcastle manager

So Newcastle fans are not exactly in high spirits at the moment, and not many think we can get anything out of this game today at home to Chelsea.

So it’s perfect – its all set up for Newcastle to shock us and win this game – like we did back in February when we won 3-2.

And of course Jose Mourinho will be back on Tyneside again, and Alan has given him this warning as to his behavior on the sidelines:

“He doesn’t want to be jumping round me because I’ll give him a slap,” “I’m bigger than him and he knows that. He can jump around in the crowd or whatever he does.”

“The bottom line for us is not so much Jose, as what he does with his team, which I take my hat off to.” “I’ve got my own history with that so I don’t have a problem with it.”

We’d like to see Alan rush into the crowd today, as he did last season, because that would mean something good was happening.

Here’s how Newcastle fans think this game will finish today.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Chelsea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

So not many think we can win this game this afternoon, and therein lies the opportunity – over to you Alan Pardew and the players.

Shock us all – please.

• Belfast

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Cringe.

• JAMSHA

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM

get out pardew

• Marty-Toon

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM

5th wasn’t good enough then but Freddy was throwing crazy money at players too not like MA.
    One thing for FF is he was ambitious not like the twit we have now

• stuart no9

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Don’t worry Jose won’t be jumping about today , why . Coz the game is already in the bag , he will probably be organising his next game in his head – I think at 0-3 he will start making changes after half an hour to rest his players for next week

• stuart no9

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Funnily enough I don’t think it will be a high score 0-3 is my prediction . He will then try new things in the 2nd half to save time on the traing ground next week

• Marty-Toon

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Not sure I want to even find a stream to watch today,
    Although we played really well against City and AP actually put a good team out and they were well drilled for once.
    If they score early against us the flood gates will open and it’ll be embarrassing

• Ian Toon

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM

London’s top clubs together with Newcastle were in Brussels this week to watch Anderlecht pair Dennis Praet and Youri Tielemans in action.

Representatives from Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Crystal Palace and Newcastle were at the Belgian club’s Champions League fixture against Paris St-Germain which the French club won 5-0.

Praet, 19, is an attacking midfielder who has been involved with the Anderlecht first team since 2011, while Tielemans, who does not turn 17 until May next year, also plays in midfield.

Tielemans, and probably Praet, would both be considered too young to pursue in January, but if Praet continues to develop at his current rate, he is likely to become a target for many clubs next summer.

Tielemans broke into the first team only this season but he already has three caps for Belgium at Under-21 level. Scouts from Inter Milan, AC Milan and Juventus were also at the game with PSG.

• Edd Case

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

We’re going to get ripped apart today.

Honestly, I think we’ll do ok in as much as I don’t think it’ll be a ‘Liverpool 0-6’ score line but I can easily see Chelsea getting 3 or 4.
    Can we reply? Maybe, maybe Remy will chip in with one or a Cabaye free kick…

If we win today though,…wow, I think I’ll get very drunk later.

• Ian Toon

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:25 AM

What a negative bunch on here for a match day. The SJP crowd got behind the team against City and they will today.
    HWTL

• bzak12

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Only shock today will be if Fatman and the Joker turn up to help the boy wonder(Percy) in his hour of need in what will be a snakepit of hatred. Percy’s last day at the office?
    I live in hope!!!!

• JAMSHA

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM

ya an we will still loose

• Geordiedoonsooth

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Though I would love to I can’t see past a Chelsea convincing win probably by 3 or 4. Last two games have shown where we are struggling we can’t finish teams off when we are on top we just can’t score and with our defence we are always going to concede at least 2 goals. Long hard season me thinks.

• stuart no9

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Ian toon @ 7 ——-so what were we doing there then? did pards get some half price tickets on the eurostar ??

• stuart no9

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM

just shows how p//sed off the fans are ! matchday against chelsea and no one blogging ? wow .

• Ian Toon

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM

stuart no9- Given the positivity that your generating I am not surprised.

• fatman

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Ian Toon @9

yes we should all be full of confidence as we have won one of our last 7 premier league matches, and that was only by 1 goal.

• stuart no9

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM

ian toon – and you really think we are going to win then ?

• fatman

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM

this season its w1 d1 l2 relegation form. what I’m fearing is Pardew setting a new home record and i doubt it will be a positive one.

• ballerfan2

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Rather than the best fans in the country I’m rapidly coming to the conclusion we have the worst supporters in the world. So much negativity. What’s the point in going to a game with the attitude that everything is c…? How does that attitude transfer to the players on the pitch? If you feel so negative about things then I suggest you stay away and allow the real supporters to “support” the team rather than suggesting to those who wish to get behind them that they are somehow wrong to do so Stuart no 9. Things may not be as would would like them to be but do you really think you are helping?