Pardew – Win Is For Ashley And All Our Fans

Alan Pardew had one of his best ever wins as a Newcastle manager this afternoon, when against all odds Newcastle came out in the second half and attacked Chelsea after holding on resolutely in the first half as Chelsea hit the cross-bar twice.

yoan gouffran chelsea

Yoan Gouffran after scoring brilliant first goal

And it’s hardly surprising that Alan Pardew has said this win is for the fans – and that includes owner Mike Ashley too – because he’s a fan too.

This is what Pardew told BT Sport:

“We’ve got a great spirit in the group and I think we’ve played well,”  “We are together and this win is for Mike Ashley and all Newcastle fans, because believe it or not, he is a fan.”

“I’m pleased for the fans. This was a message today that we are alive and kicking.”

The goals came from Yoan Gouffran and Loic Remy, two of our French players, and both were well taken goals.

And of course this win comes after a lot of turmoil caused by the owner after he banned the local journalists from the Newcastle media facilities.

But hey we’ll enjoy this win – the lads did us proud this afternoon – very proud!

• 89Norcal

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Well its unfortunate we have to come to the brink before we produce a great performance these days. I just hope the Frenchies keep showing some consistent fight and understand just what it means to the fans.

• FrankfurtMag

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Happy with that overall performance. I thought Debuchy was excellent and the whole team looked like they were playing for each other.

We need to find a way to get Anita in the team. He makes a big difference.

The best thing about the early game is that I can now drag myself to the Waldstadion and watch the Eintracht against Wolfsburg.

A great start to the weekend.

• Transfer Sage

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM

don’t bring ashley into this…just say the team played well and he’s happy for the fans…why single out ashley…more crap PR spin.

not wanting to rubbish todays performance as the result was great and by all accounts deserved, so well done to the lads and manager.

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Lol just like that Pards you’ve gone from winning over some fans to p*ssing them off!
    Wonder if Wendy Taylor was holding up cards for him to read off 😉

40toonarmydownsouth // Nov 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Torq
    Yup were the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde club mate

Yeah still haven’t changed my opinion on Pards, he’s an ok manager, full credit for today but he gets wrong more than right, but when he gets it right were fantastic!
    Not sure about the positivity though mate, still a lot of bad feelings between the fans and Ashley and one result won’t change that!

• Tommyy

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM

stupid and unnecessary comment by Pardew, keep Ashley out of the footballing side he causes nothing but trouble.

• 89Norcal

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Losing to scumderland was definitely a massive blemish on an otherwise promising run in this string of difficult games. At least our club has showed some effort. Just a striker away form being a solid team now that willo and mbiwa are gelling and Debuchy is improving.

• yo-yo

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Would anybody have exchanged today’s three points for three against the unwashed ?

I mean at least we were up against a quality outfit today, but a hungrier and luckier one last Sunday

• Transfer Sage

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM

yo-yo

yeh probably…but that derby defeat might have given the lads the kick they needed so who knows.

just need to give sunderland a thumping at our place

• Transfer Sage

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM

yoyo

how were sunderland lucky?

we were both crap and offered little in chances.

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Red card clattermole

• Ted Bundy

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM

😆

Clattermole sent off!

Didn’t take him log after being reinstated! What a walter.

• Edd Case

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Win was for Mike Ashley?!?!?!

AP what a suckarse!

On a positive note, Cattermole sent off, hahaha

• manxpie

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM

transfer from last thread the thing that annoys me is people like rotunda n catchy is from the team sheet they slag the manager off regardless of who we’re playing even beforer the game pardew said we’re gonna try and hold them 1st half
    and against chelsea thats a good tactic and a good team that he put out
    and where’s catchy he’s been on continuously since sunderland but surprisingly after a great win and performance from everyone!!
    he’s nowhere to be seen!

• Mister Tuff

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I must say I did not get the Percy dedication to Tubbs -other than crawling – would have been better not to mention him.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM

All this side needs is Anita & Marveaux to make it tick.

From now on I would play :

———–Sissoko———–Anita—————-

——–HBA——–Cabaye——–Marv——–

————————Remy————————-

• Ted Bundy

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Hahahaha

Scum down to 9 before half-time!

• numba9

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM

What a creep @rse leave the fat dictator out of it parsnip the win is for winning sake much needed as is some ambitions please

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Yo yo
    Shouldn’t be a question of which 3 points would you prefer though, this was a fantastic result but the derby game is a game you have to be picking the points up from to finish top 10

Hopefully though this has kick started our season!

Oh btw Dossena sent off 9 men Mackems

• 89Norcal

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM

@BPC

Would rather have Remy on the LW and Gouffy up front personally. But i’ve been wondering where Marv has been.

• Transfer Sage

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM

manx

Exactly…I still like to offer a threat but got to be clever sometimes, can’t just go for every game….we aren’t a good enough team to attack everyone.

I don’t mind us playing defensive at times…got to accept that chelsea have better players and will dominate parts of the game. People need to realise that.

Also good news, sunderland have scored an own goal, keeper off injured, cattermole and dossana both sent off.

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Jeeeeezzzzz Dossena’s tackle sounds absolutely horrific

• Big Pappa Cissé

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Well the scum’s high hasn’t lasted long hahahahaha 🙂 .

• low fell mag

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Just back from the game and what a game.
    Just been flicking through the blog , and a few lads should hang their heads in shame.
    Please try going to a game and giving the team a little support rather than slagging them ,its amazing what true support does for the team !

• Transfer Sage

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM

89norcal

I wonder on marv too…i get why he doesn’t start as pardew likes people to put a shift in.

I think he is a good bench player to unlock the defensive of a team hanging on…like the mackems the other week with everyone tight around their box.

• Transfer Sage

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM

low fell

how was the atmosphere….it’s been a lot quieter when i was last there.

Think there is anything fans/club can do to organise a more vocal section?

• Uncertain Toon

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I wasn’t going to bash Pardew today, but why the need to lick Ashley’s arse?, clown!
    On a lighter note the mackems are down to 9 men!

• NUFCarter

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Haha my day gets better. Sunderland 1-0 down at half time with 9 players! Oh the joy!

• manxpie

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

thats it transfer the constant critisism is wrong and boring lol
    did you see the scums challenges i’ve heard the dessanna one was nasty?

• Ted Bundy

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

tads

It was. Disgusting – completely deliberate and vicious.

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Ted
    You watching it? It sounded horrific and Mersin pulled what I can only describe as a stroke face when he saw it!

• TorqToon

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Low fell – echoed my comment earlier, my friend. Just glad there is more true fans than other.

• Transfer Sage

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM

manx

not seen but heard jeff stelling reaction…doesn’t sound good.

I haven’t seen the match execpt the last 10/15 mins so no idea how we played but chelsea are 3rd and have good players so got to expect them to dominate the game.

For me the result is key in these games….in games against teams around and below us thats where we want to see a bit of domination….but today is all about the 3 points.

• bob52

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Great win, lots of positives in selection defense and attack but still people on this site want to concentrate on what they perceive as negatives, we’ve got great supporters who follow whatever the result, but bloggers on this site!!!!

• Transfer Sage

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM

bob52

I’m still no pardew fan but my main concern is newcastle united…therefore i will enjoy a win no matter how it comes and who is in charge

All the other stuff can be put to oneside for today and just enjoy a big win.

• Ted Bundy

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM

tads

Aye. One of the worst in a loong time.

• catchy in norway

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM

manxprick

I’m right here you ass, I watched the match left a few comments and now I’m off out to stavanger for a meal with friends

make no mistake about it , I think this was a fantastic win , more than I dreamed of

for me there are only 3 things pardew did wrong ,

ameobi , I thought he was a statue the whole time he was on , much worse than cisse

he should be starting with Anita in MF , the guy has energy and drive , instead he chooses sissoko ( who I thought was great today ) to start ahead of him , but on recent form should not be starting

and obertan , how he gets near this team is way way beyond me,

from a plus side , our defence was a rock today , honest an fought for everything

was impressed by goofy today , I new he was on the pitch

manx, it’s not what we do against the big teams that defines us , even last year we played fairly well against them 7-3 against ars , I thought we were mint until pardew tried to shut up shop , players want to play well against the big teams
    it’s Pardews inability to get them to play against the poor teams that are playing poor , we always like last week sit back

that team showed today that we are a quality side ( not top 4 ) but good enough to compete, it’s twits like you who don’t see it

• Malta Mag

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Watched the whole game here on the rock and we were great. Forget Mourinho’s comments as they didn’t bring one single save from Kruhl in the 1st half and Pardew “out witted” him in the 2nd half. Ameobi is not my favourite but with that target man to bounce passes off works with our midfield. Anita has always been one of my favourite seven when the normal suspects on here we’re slagging him off however who do you drop to accommodate him. I also thought bringing on Obertan was a terrific ploy when everyone else would have opted for Ben Arfa. His part in the second goal should not be understated. I think he has a future at the club and I’m sticking my neck out by predicting he has a future in this 4-3-3 formation Pardew likes to play?