I’m So Proud Of My Players – Our Fans Changed The Game

Our next game is at White Hart Lane on Sunday, and if we can get a result there, it will keep the momentum going from the fantastic 2-0 win against Chelsea on Saturday, when the Newcastle received kudos from all over the place,  for their fighting and skilled performance, including Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

alan pardew jose morunho at end of game

Pardew and Mourinho at end of the game Saturday

Of course what we really want to see is a win, and although all 3 points wont see us move up the league table it does put us closer to the top side.

This is what Alan Pardew said in the local press today:

“We’re not going to win the league, but we’re a team that can upset other teams. We’ve done that, I’m pleased. I’m so proud of the players. They deserved it.”

“I’ve been in the game long enough for  things to roll over me at times.” “I can take the punches but it was great for the players.”

“It was brilliant for the fans, and I thank them because they got involved and changed the game for us.” “I said on Thursday that the team’s been playing well, and I stand by that.”

“I was proved correct. I don’t always get proved correct, but I was proved correct on Saturday.” “We’ve got an honesty in the group, and we’ve got quality.”

As the second half progressed Newcastle came more and more into the game and created the chances, and the nearly full house of just less than 52,000 sensed the game was changing in Newcastle’s favor, and they did their part alright – as per usual.

And it’s been really interesting to see how Mourinho has used the Newcastle game to berate his players for being out fought by Newcastle, with our players wanting the win much more.

Chelsea players will now know they cannot be out fought by any team from now on, and it will only get them to be even more committed to winning every game.

For Newcastle, it showed that at our best we can beat any team in the league, but we already knew that.

Now we need to do that again at Tottenham on Sunday – and prove we are consistent.

Howay The Lads!!

• yo-yo

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:26 AM

So the unwashed did to us what we did to Chelski. That’s always going to happen in football

• elpaso_geordie

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Bloody hell it was ONE result

what about performances at man City , Everton, Hull at Home etc…..
    and Pardew says we over react to a win and a defeat .. Hate his bloke

• cyprus

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Sorry lads,
    Not a fan of Bigi. In his last game vs. Morecambe he was outplayed, or he found his level. Hope I’m proved wrong!

• elpaso_geordie

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yet Cyprus you rate Vuckic who in the same game was absolutely minging …
    Bizarre mate

• Ibizatoon

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Cyrpus…What about the games before that? I think for his age, he has generally shown a lot of promise and fight.

I expect good things from the lad, obviously not the finished article yet.

• JackButler

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM

cyprus

Biggie stepped into the side to cover Tiote and more than held his own. Of all our youngsters only Dummett and Biggie have done anything to this point

• Ibizatoon

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Elpaso…

I don’t think he’s claimed to have any sort of consistency, he is talking our effort against City in the cup and then the Chelsea game.

• cyprus

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:34 AM

AP,
    we are not going to win the league but I want Europe mate. Preferably the Tuesday-Wednesday sessions, but I’ll take Thursdays too. Not too much to ask 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:34 AM

JB…I think that Shola lad has shown some promise lately 😉

• JackButler

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Ibiza

You’re right mate, 52 goals in 13 years……………the lads flying 😀

• cyprus

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Hold your horses. I want him to do well. Just don’t think he’s NUFC level, whatever that means. Elpaso, I accept your point regarding Morecambe 🙂 In fact, Vuckic was also terrible in other games (e.g. Liverpool)

• Ibizatoon

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM

13 years? Is he not a young up and comer then?

• cyprus

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM

JB,
    I read you. It just feels like we’re scraping the bottom when i see him in the line up. Same with Obertan…

• Transfer Sage

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM

the main problem with the club is consistency….pardew has had us play great stuff and awful stuff during his time here, we have battled and fought hard and we have surrended without a fight.

There is no logic to it either, sometimes it’s due to too many changes through injury, but other times we just change the set up for no reason….it’s baffling.

Hopefully, as I can’t see Pardew going, he manages to get the right setup and move us forward to being consistent.

• JackButler

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM

No, not exactly an up and comer, but thankfully he’s passing all his knowledge on to young Sammy 😉

• cyprus

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Ibiza,
    Hope Bigi proves me wrong!

• Ibizatoon

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM

TS….We could use some consistency and logic at the club for sure.

JB…My mistake then, but thank god Sammy is getting all of his useful know how 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Cyrpus…Me too mate. We shall see.

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Cyprus
    Bigi stepped in to the first team in many many games last season and slotted in seemlessly, in fact he had more first team appearances in his first season than vuckic in his toon career

Bigi is a top young player, yet you’ve written him off after one game in which the whole team was sh*te, if your going on that logic we should be looking to move Marveux on to Accrington Stanley!

Yohan Kebab
    Great article you’ve posted on Williamson there mate, I’ve said over the last couple of seasons the stick he got was not warranted ( even remember one lad blaming a loss on him and he wasn’t even playing!!) and personally rate him higher than Taylor

• JackButler

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Transfer Sage

It ill be very telling on Sunday as if he leaves Anita out the man is a fool as the lad turn the game on it’s head as he seems to be the only player we have that can actually link our play in order for us to have a real threat

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Sage
    Think that’s all anyone wants, a level of consitency!

• Transfer Sage

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM

jack

depends what we want to do, we might go there and play to keep it tight and hope for a draw or a set piece winner/counter with remy…i could understand that even if it’s not the way i would go.

• Wayayman

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM

@JackButler, couldn’t agree more.

• cyprus

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM

TADS,
    No, I just used that game as an example. I’ve seen him in all his appearances, I assure you. Maybe I’m missing something in him… Not a fan of Vucic btw, somebody just mentioned them together, hence the comparison. Do you feel that Bigi will ever dominate a MF? I’d love him to mind. Anyway, had no intention to pick on the lad. Now, Obertan, that’s another story 😉

• JackButler

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Transfer Sage

Spurs are offering very little threat so we should be going there confident of getting the win and not sitting back and trying to keep them out of the game we should be going there to impose ourselves on them.

We need Anita in the starting 11 to have that link.

——————–Tiote

Sissoko – Cabaye – Anita – Gouffran

—————-Remy

Thats how we should be setting up on Sunday imo

• cyprus

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Marveaux? Please refer any questions to Ketsbaia 🙂

• Transfer Sage

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM

jack

possibly

i’d personally go for

tiote, cabaye, sissoko
    gouf, shola, remy

• Ibizatoon

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Doesn’t Marveaux have the second best footballing brain after Messi?

• wolfshead@toon

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:57 AM

tuff

me and rover have tea at 4pm every afternoon with the pixies and fairies at the bottom of my garden 🙂

• stuart no9

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM

sorry ed- but iv’e got tp have a pop at you here,

First , you have got to get over that chelsea game . Its tuesday and you are STILL ranting on about . ITS OVER ED, That just shows how bad we are when we win a game in our ‘OWN LEAGUE’ and 4 days after it STILL IN SHOCK.

Second, in an earlier post , you are surprised fans are still having a pop at pards even though he got it right ‘ once’ against chelsea- ONE GAME , and all should be forgotton? not likely .- one season , maybe, not one game. ED i didnt realise you were so gullible and naive to think everything is ‘ok’ now – it isnt.

• cyprus

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Ibiza,
    don’t knock Ketsbaia. He predicted Man U demise (at least for now)! Something tells me he’s the real Ketsbaia 🙂

• JackButler

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Transfer Sage

After his last two performances I simply can’t see a reason to leave Anita out, we need to stop trying to simply contain side’s and go out there to impose ourselves on the game

• Malta Mag

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Totally disagree with assessment of Bigi, the lad is class for his age and once again I will mention Obertan? I think he’s got all the attributes to fit into this team and can’t accept that a player who Sir Alex rated so highly has suddenly become a bad player. Give the lad a chance as most of you have done with, first Perch and now Williamson.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM

@ Sage

Why Start Shola over Anita ? .

We only started playing decent football in the second half and stopped kicking it long when he came off . Anita totally changed the game and drove us forward, should never have been dropped in the first place .

I agree with JB in using the 4-1-4-1 :

—————————–Tiote—————————–

–Sissoko——–Cabaye——–Anita——–Gouffran–

—————————–Remy—————————-

Tiote is playing well lately so deserves to be in the team, and Remy showed against Chelsea he is more than capable of a central role running at the oppositions defence .

I would still like to get HBA in the team somehow (maybe for Gouffran) but only if he shows he can work hard in defence as well as attack .

But at the minute I would keep the majority of the team that played in the second half at Chelsea with Tiote coming back into the team .