Newcastle Players Happy – Can They Get Another Upset?

Tottenham played last night in the Europa League and beat FC Sheriff ,  and they have already qualified for the last 32 of the competition, with a perfect record of four wins out of four so far, and they still have two games to play in their Group K.

moussa sissoko chelsea

Moussa Sissoko – players are happy

Maybe the fact that Tottenham played on Thursday night could give Newcastle an edge in the early kickoff game on Sunday afternoon at White Hart Lane?

And even though Tottenham are doing well this season, there have been some negative vibes from manager Andre Villas-Boas, and after their 1-0 win against Hull City at the end of October he had this to say about the fans:

“We looked like the away team. We played in a difficult atmosphere with almost no support,” “We have a wonderful set of fans but they can do better. We don’t need the negativity of today.”

Those comments are not really what will get the manager strong fan support at Tottenham, just let’s leave it at that.

Newcastle will have a chance of getting something out of this game, but only if we can defend well and play somewhere near our best form.

And Moussa Sissoko has said things are upbeat in the squad at the moment:

“All the players are very happy, but this is another game. We have to train hard,. “Tottenham are a good team, but if we play hard together, maybe we can win the game.”

It should be a good and close game on Sunday, but if Newcastle can take the spirit they showed against Chelsea into the battle, we’ll have a good chance of taking something from this tough game.

Let us know how you think things will go on Sunday.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Tottenham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• John Tudor

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM

i thought the sheriff striker was a canny player in the first game brazilian i believe

• John Tudor

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM

i now say win and win well

• Graeme

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Just have a sneaky feeling its going to come good on Sunday, just like it did against Chelski. I have gone for a win, hopefully we will try and exploit their game yesterday and get after them from the off.

We CAN get something from the Lane for a change!!

• Burni

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Its good to see that most fans seem to be a bit more grounded by voting for a draw, as did I.

Still, I will say, a really REALLY tough fought draw if anything

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Line up:
    yattatatatta,
    Do anyone of our actual long term readers think there are plants on this blog, Bills son is my favourite Ashley supporter as least I know he is a genuine fan and loves the club as much as I do ,but there are a few others that I am suspicious about

• Ciaran

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Jail

I’m suspicious of 1 in particular. Luckily he has shown himself up time and time again, so much so that I wouldn’t even need to mention his name and people will know who I am on about.

• Tsunki

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Ha Jail yes just got back in and caught your reply you are correct its cobbled cantonese. A stay in Heung Gong and Gau Lung (nine dragons I think) and all I got was counting, saying m’goi or m’goi sai if I really was thankful and saying Doh for whatever road I was trying to get a taxi too. Typical insular expat ha ha.

Anyway I am going for a 3-2 win to us even though the NUFC form manual says we should lose 2-0.

• Tsunki

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:46 AM

OK lets wrap it up there it looks like we’ve lost the patient. Nurse, switch off the monitor, time of death called at 12.44 am.

• Laurent Robert 32

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I was talking to a Spurs fan this evening and he thinks they will win 2-1.

I just don’t know anymore. Improved second half against Chelsea, although the first half was more disjointed play in the final third and generally not-so-good.

Crowd was very quiet first half we thought.

That after failing to beat a Sunderland side who had only 1… yes, you know the rest.

The score could be anything. Set pieces have been giving us some luck of late along with our usual reliance to pick up points through individual goals.

• dcdick

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Pardew out !!!

• toonincheek

Nov 9, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Me Broon short is in the wash
    ready for th morra

• cyprus

Nov 9, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Jail man,
    Now we’ll be looking at one another, trying to find MA’s ‘plant’! For instance, I wouldn’t look for the obvious candidates. MA would be more clever than that… I’d suspect someone that no one would suspect… someone like you! 🙂

• ToonMauritius

Nov 9, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Good morning Lads

Can anyone give some info about that striker “Kostas Mitroglou”. Is he that good?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 9, 2013 at 7:51 AM

ToonMauritius,
    I’ve just seen him linked with a big money move to Liverpool on the BBC gossip thing. He has had an absolutely storming start to the season, which is why people are talking about him. Prior to this year he has a very average record in a very average/poor Greek league. He has 18 goals so far this season in 14 games, which is a cracking record, but 9 of those goals have come in 3 games against poor opposition.

He is 25/6 now, and should really be hitting his peak. He is a physical player, as for his all round game, I have only seen him play a handful of times, so would be unfair to say too much although the games I saw he seemed to lack a bit of awareness, but having not seen him much unfair to judge.

I’d let Liverpool splash big bucks on him if they want to. Personally I think anymore than 4/5million and you are overpaying for the lad.

• ToonMauritius

Nov 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM

LG
    thanks amigo

• cyprus

Nov 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM

ToonMauritius,
    Yep, Lil has given you a good account there. The Greek League is, frankly, in a mess. Following the crisis, virtually only Olympiakos remains standing with Panathinaikos (an ex ‘Champs League’ finalist) a shadow of its former glory and AEK Athens relegated.
    Then again, some Greek players do well in the UK: e.g. Dabizas (NUFC), Karagounis (Fulham), Samaras (Celtic) etc.