I Need Performances Worthy Of The Best Fans In The World

Alan Pardew has talked in the local press today, and said that his job is to get performances out of his team that are worthy of the best fans in the world – well if we read that one correctly – doesn’t that mean we have to have a team close to the best in the world – or are we missing something? 😀

alan pardew man city home

Alan Pardew – needs to get the best out of his team – for the fans

This is what Newcastle manager has said in the local press today:

“I’m the manager of the football team, and I need to get performances that are worthy of our fans,” “We have the best fans in the world. ”  “They set off at 6.30am, and it was a tough old day for them.”

“We now have two home games, and we can look forward to them.” “Loic’s in red-hot form,” “I thought he’d score the first one. You just don’t expect him to miss.”

“For the second one he was calm and went round the goalie. He gave us a platform to win the game.” “I thought in the first half, for an away team, we deserved the lead,”

“We hit them on the break. We had a few chances. I don’t think they caused us real anxiety, apart from a few shots from the outside of the box.”

“The second half was different. We got a little bit too deep, and they turned up the heat.” “They passed it very, very well, and we had to ride our luck a little bit thanks to a fantastic goalie and two centre-halves who are bang in form.”

“We ended up getting a clean sheet, which is a marvellous, marvellous result.”

It only takes two defeats in a  row for there to be talk of relegation in Newcastle, and it only takes two successive wins against top six teams to send Newcastle fans into orbit, and that’s what’s happened in these last two games with our lads giving simply magnificent performances for the team,  let’s give credit where it’s due.

And we have often praised those loyal fans who follow the team around the country – they are the salt of the earth as far as Newcastle United are concerned, and it’s something my father did when I was a toddler.

We have two successive home games against Norwich City and West Brom, two games we won last season, and the key for the players is not to get carried away by success, but approach these two games as another couple of difficult games, which they certainly will be.

if we can win the next two games, things will be looking very good indeed in the Newcastle garden, and that’s probably an under-statement right there.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• G

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM

It’s begining to get quite annoying how you all but give up on AP, then he goes and pulls out 2 results like the last 2. I still have a funny feeling that assuming hoots in still in charge at Norwich they will do the business over us. I hope I am wrong though.

• catchy in norway

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM

TADS

sorry, and I know its all about opinions, but I don’t see remy thriving along side shola, I have not seen any flick ons , any one 2s, nothing,
    remy is playing well with both cabaye and goofy,
    remy is the perfect guy to lead the line under pardews defensive tactics, because he is quick, plays on the shoulder and is a good finisher

SN87

you are a little numpty arnt you,,

how is it negative, to want us to play more positive ?? im totally lost with your logic
    yesterday, we had a super hero in goal, if it had not have been for him, we would have lost the game , and the only thing in doubt would have been by how many,,

now in football its easier to defend than attack, stick 11 behind the ball and try and break us down, that’s what we do,
    we pass the ball side ways, not forwards,

we have the players to do it,

that’s is being positive

• Laurent Robert 32

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Sean, amusing.

I go to all all the home games, away when I can, have played some football for teams and coached and studied coaching as well.

The post-match comments are my opinion on what I see, just like your positivity for mediocrity is yours, you are welcome to it. I haven’t asked you to go away have I? No.

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Catchy
    Sorry mate but shola has played some lovely passes, played a few yesterday and yeah he’s played flick on’s
    I know it’s not the brand if football you want to see but that’s not reason to hammer the lad, he’s been given a role, and he’s carrying out that role well

• south coast toon

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:48 AM

we,er 3 points behind man u id of took that anyday of the week any time of the season it just sounds good with 25 percent plus of the season gone 3 points behind man u, and we,ve played man city, liverpool, chelsea and spurs and got 7 points out of them id of took 3 points on agood day out of that lot,now we just have to play the same against the so called lesser teams. cant believe i doudted them so much, willow playin well debs gettin to the player we brought, even poeple praising shola, toite back to form even cabs deciding to play, kruel unbeatable at times again and yang clearing off the line and giving his all,……..lets hope they dont get drug tested lol…..com to think of it maybe i should …is this real……if we get 6 points from the next to games i,le run up and down the road naked

• catchy in norway

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:50 AM

TADS

again,, sorry, but I have not seen it from shola

• toonarmydownsouth

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Catchy
    Stop watching games through your fingers then mate 😉

• BuckLuck

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I have to correct my self. Yesterday i wrote that Pardew missed bigtime with his tactics, but i regret that a bit. A good initial setup got us the three points, even though Tottenham outplayed us badly the second half.

Anyway. Haven’t been this hyped since we played 433 in the 2011/2012 season. Under the circumstances I’ll take it.

• martoon

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Anybody noticed that even though Shola has played quite well he is always subbed after about 60 mins. I’m starting to wonder if these days that’s all he can manage. I think the idea yesterday was to beef up the midfield with Anita but I think it backfired because we had no out ball to somebody who could hold the ball up. I’m not critcising because I’m thrilled with the win but just an observation.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM

We won yesterday.

Yes I am pleased as punch. Hope we can make Europa or UCL. 😉

But this does not take away from the fact that pardew is a Terrible terrible manager and I will not shed any tears if he gets the chop.

• Malta Mag

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM

It’s funny how people see different qualities in people? I have been Shola’s biggest critic from day one. Nothing personal, I just don’t think he’s good enough. I have liked Alan Pardew since his days with Reading and though he did well at Westham until he was undermined by the owners and the two Argentinian signings. I was also a huge fan of Tino yet some still blame his signing for losing us the title while I wasn’t a great fan of Shay Given as in my opinion he was a shot stopper but never dominated his area.
    One thing people should learn however is not to be fickle. One good or bad game is in every player or manager and people should look at the bigger picture. I think the one player who will make all of the doubters eat their words is M’Biwa. As Tiote, Goofy and Debuchy have done, he will prove to be one hell of a signing even though he was chastised on these pages by those that, let’s say, see the game “differently”.

• wolfshead@toon