The Newcastle United Blog

Tim Krul Interview After The Game Yesterday – Video

8:26 am, Monday, November 11th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League · Tim Krul

9 responses so far ↓

• 1 yo-yo // Nov 11, 2013 at 8:27 AM

He’s ” over the moon” not sick as a parrot

• 2 Lilongwe Geordie // Nov 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Bills,
    I don’t think there are many, if any, that go in to a match hoping we lose – possibly Catchy, i think I remember seeing him post something along those lines last season. I do agree though, that some people have been overly negative despite good recent results.

I’m over the moon with 2 wins, credit to Pardew definitely for the Chelsea game, I thought he got it tactically spot on there, and I’m more than happy to praise when it is deserved. As good as the result was yesterday, Pardew didn’t get the game right – evidenced by Spurs having 31 shots, and 14 on target. We were lucky that Krul put in an inspired performance.

I am looking forward to the Norwich game, although it isn’t being shown out here. It will be very interesting to see how we set up in that game. We should be looking to take the game to them, that is when Pardew has been at his weakest tactically in my opinion.

I have always said that I will be happy to be proved wrong. Two home wins against Norwich and WBA and a strong performance away at Swansea and he will start to show evidence that he has improved. Alternatively, this could be another false dawn.

• 3 TorqToon // Nov 11, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Bills – Have to agree with your post regarding the blog. Some in here seem more happy after a loss than after a win. Probably so the anti pardew crew can let rip. It never used to be this bad and I’m not sure what it will take to turn things round on here.

So many people (myself included) have been subjected to insults and name calling and it is unnecessary.

Nobody here ‘likes’ Mike Ashley, and that I understand, but pardew is doing a good job at the moment. Selecting shola up top was the correct call and has identified our need for a big powerful striker to partner Remy.

Match days on here are atrocious. Thank god for the weekdays. :-)

• 4 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 11, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Ffs Ed slow down man!!!
    toonarmydownsouth // Nov 11, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Well worth a repost from lilo!
    20Lilongwe Geordie // Nov 11, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Thing is with HBA, he has played in a slower paced league, and he has played under better managers. The results though have always been the same. He has not had a single good full season in his career. His career stats indicate that his spell at Newcastle is the most consistent in his career in terms of goals and assists.

He isn’t a bairn anymore, so can’t be afforded the excuse of still developing and learning his game. This is his 10th season playing professional first team football. He has all the ability in the world, but hasn’t got the attitude or aptitude to become the player he should be.

Spot on
    HBA has flopped under bigger and better managers than pardew in less competitive leagues
    He has never had consistency, to blame this on pardew is bordering on ridiculous!
    He simply doesn’t have a team ethic nor work rate suited to the PL
    It’s laughable when people compare this lad to Messi, he’s closer to Taarabt, bags of potential but at what,26? That potential should be talent by now and it’s not
    I would love Benny to step up and ram this statement down my throat, but can’t see it happening, not at NUFC anyway, he’d be great in a slower league so expect him to move back to ligue 1 or serie A

• 5 jackostoon // Nov 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Bils,
    I’m with you bonnylad.
    Torq,
    Welcome back.

• 6 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM

On Pardew
    I fully admit that I would of more than happily seen him replaced, last season regardless of circumstance was not expectable, but it was abundantly clear he was going nowhere!
    As I said at the start of the season, I don’t think he’ll ever move us massively forward, but the main thing I wanted to see from him is for him to address the issues rather than stubbornly keep going with what wasn’t working
    Full credit to him, he’s doing that, still on the fence as to whether or not I’d like to see him replaced but it’s great to see him being proactive this season rather than reactive

• 7 lesh // Nov 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Bonjour matelot!

Sunderland winger Adam Johnson revealed his friendly relationship with former Manchester City team-mate Sergio Aguero by giving the Argentine a cheeky pinch on the backside before their match at the Stadium of Light.

• 8 Scottiedog // Nov 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Well done Tim and lets hope we can keep this great run going!!

• 9 Phil K // Nov 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM

…”false dawn” – it’s true. It’s happened so many bloody times (EVERY time) we EXPECT it.

previous post: Tim Krul Gets Highest Poll Rating Ever