The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

I Told Him He Was Fantastic

2:47 pm, Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 94 Comments

Tim Krul put in one of the best goalkeeping displays seen in the Premier League for a long time, and but for the magnificent form of the Newcastle goalkeeper, there’s just no way Newcastle would have come away with a win or even a point on Sunday.

krul

Tim Krul – his best save on Sunday
Flicking a header from Soldado header behind for a corner

Tim also made the most saves of any goalkeeper ever in the Premier League – 14 saves – although in that second half he seemed to make even more of that – and as Tim said after the game it was his best performance fever or Newcastle.

And acting captain Cheick Tiote didn’t mince any words at the end of the game either, and  he went up to Tim and he told him he was fantastic – yes – that’s close to the mark.

This is what Check told the local press today:

“I think that’s the best I’ve seen Tim play since I came,” “He was fantastic and the best player on the pitch by far.”

“I hope he can continue to play like that because we will win many more matches. We also defended well as a team.” “When you play against a top team you need to be compact and that’s what we did.”

“I think at the moment we look very strong on the pitch and we look compact. It is not easy to come and win at Spurs. It was difficult but if we stay as a team and have that togetherness we can win.

“I told him he was fantastic. There’s nothing you can say apart from thank you because he was the best player on the pitch and I think he will continue to play like that.”

“For me he is one of the best in the Premier League. He is a top, top goalkeeper and we are lucky to have him in our team.”

It’s almost unbelievable that after drawing at home to Liverpool and losing at Sunderland, in the first two games of what Alan Pardew said would be a vital four games for the side – the lads ended up beating both Chelsea and Tottenham.

So 7 points from those four games was good, but losing to Sunderland was terrible.

Now we need to keep the winnings streak going ,and try to extend that run to three against Chris Hughton’s Norwich City a week on Saturday at St. James’ Park.

Maybe we can even equal the six game winning streak we accomplished last year,  in the season before last, that ended with that 4-0 defeat at Wigan.

If we can do that – win six successive game that is – then the spirits of Newcastle fans will be soaring again. :D

Howay The Lads!!

Ian Begg is a reader who recently found out that his Mom was very ill, and he has to return to Australia. Ian has a Platinum Club season ticket that has £700 left on it, and he is willing to sell it for £550 or a best offer.

Please see if you can help Ian out, and you can contact him by email at ian_s_begg@hotmail.com – thanks.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Cheick Tiote · Newcastle News · Tim Krul

94 responses so far ↓

• 1 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Lilongwe

I don’t get that stat at all. So that doesn’t include all the games that Sammy and Fergie played last year? Presumably they haven’t featured for our academy in the last 3 years. There has to be a lead time to transition.

• 2 estechco // Nov 13, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Looks like MA is angry with us all again…

• 3 Lilongwe Geordie // Nov 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Croftus,
    As I said earlier, I think the academy is okay, no real problems with it, it is what happens from 16/17 onwards which is where I say we fail.

These kids sit in our ‘development squad’ and U18?s being coached by a poor standard of coach. I agree, they shouldn’t, unless they are a one in a million type, be ready at 18/19. But this is why we should be working hard to get them game time elsewhere. The coaching at NUFC isn’t good enough to make up for the lack of game time.

For me, Ferg, Tav and Sammi will probably miss the boat. The 3 of them could easily be playing league 1 or lower in a couple of years because the club failed to give them opportunities elsewhere, or have a proper development strategy.

• 4 DokToon // Nov 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM

mr tuff,

i accept your challenge of fisticuffs at dawn, i feel certain i can both handle you and your butler, whilst drinking ciaran under a table, and also reviewing any bikini clad girls ibiza will bring to watch me thrash you soundly…

i demand satisfaction!! :)

• 5 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Ibiza

Stats can misrepresent of course. There were days when overly optimistic fans would be claiming that Dummett should play for England because he’s the best after Cole and Baines, that Armstrong will be the next Rooney, Sammy can be our Kanu and Campbell will break through like Owen did at Liverpool.

All rot of course.

I never believed those things just as I don’t believe the negative garbage that is being spread now.

• 6 Lilongwe Geordie // Nov 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM

TDS,
    The article was based on this season, as was that stat. Premier league minutes, 254 out of a possible 10,890. Hardly a resounding success for the current academy set up. Equally relevant, rather than just academy appearances it is a similar timescale since the current development coaching set up was introduced.

• 7 Ciaran // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM

He’s so level headed, always takes the middle ground?

Blames fans following Keegan was forced out of the club.
    Defends decision to rename stadium.
    Defends Ashley’s lack of investment.
    Slated fans who took action against Ashley.
    Defends Ashley’s decision to ban newspapers.

Sound like someone who takes the middle ground, or someone with an agenda?

• 8 Lilongwe Geordie // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM

That’s me done folks. Keep well, catch you later in the week.

• 9 Yohan Kebab // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM

even through the bad patches krul was always my favourite player, a true adopted geordie with a cracking accent

would love to see him become a world class keeper

• 10 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Lilongwe

Gotcha. But I don’t see it as a huge negative that kids aren’t getting many minutes for the club, after all we’re talking about players who have been playing for the academy within the last 3 years so presumably we’re talking 21 and under? This isn’t common for the PL when we bring in top players from all over the globe. I bet the likes of City and Chelsea are close to zero, while Man U have probably only got Januziy (however you spell it). How many Saints players have played in the academy in the last 3 years?

Look on transfermarkt and we also have one of the youngest squads in the PL.

• 11 Ciaran // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I understand there is what you are saying which flies in the face of my attempt to defend Ashley BUT….blah blah blah

Yawn.

• 12 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Ciaran

What you fail to grasp is that there is always more than one side to an argument. I have had very interesting discussions with people who don’t share my views and we have appreciated each other’s points and learned things. However, you have flipped from one side to the other and fail to have a balanced view.

You will never win your arguments unless you grasp both sides. Your latest post about my previous comments and consistent use of the word “agenda” is both pathetic and inflammatory, and you know it.

I want to see change at the club and that will never happen with random rantings, we simply need to understand why things happen so we can try to get them done better. Simply insulting Ashley for a decision is counterproductive, it helps to understand why and then address the underlying problem.

It’s a bit like the people voting BNP or UKIP because they are fed up with the major political parties when what they should be doing is getting involved in grass roots politics. It’s easy to rant and rave, but changes are made by people who truly understand how things are.

That means understanding the fans, the club history, the modern game and the owner or the club.

• 13 DokToon // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM

ciaran,

need a red bull? its help those ywans and we need you at your cracking best lad :)

• 14 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Owner OF the club.

• 15 Mister Tuff // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM

dok toon – you are clearly devoid of knowledge of the Gentlemans Rules. These must be understood or I could be subject to criticism at my Gentlemans’ Club in the Strand. You are not there to engage in the noble art with my butler, who will be my second -to assist me in such matters as supplying me with a liquid refreshment during the bout. You need to chose an able fellow to assist you – clearly he will be busier than Hargreaves my butler. I have instructed that all we need in our corner is a hip flask containing a suitable beverage. Your second will need to bring a drinking vessel, clearly lots of wound dressings and without doubt some smelling salts -useful to bring you round when dazed after I knock your block off.
    My plan is simple, follow the Marquis of Queensbury Rules, I will start with a couple of jabs to soften you up -then a couple of straight shots into your diaphragm -this will expel all your windbag air. I’ll follow up with a couple of left and right hooks upstairs -this will have the effect of tightening up your slack jaw. The referee will then step in to save you from further punishment. I’ll will then be able to nip back to my hotel to finish luncheon.
    I hope you will be able to take your thrashing like a man and not start screaming and wailing about being beaten up by a fellow blogger. I expect someone from the Colonies to be made of sterner stuff.

• 16 Ciaran // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Dok

I’m always at my cracking best. I find it humorous that he tries to portray me as the inflammatory one on the blog.

1st I’m a Man U supporter, now I’m a BNP/UKIP voter. He doesn’t have a high opinion of me, luckily the feeling is mutual.

• 17 Yohan Kebab // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:28 PM

whats wrong with UKIP?

• 18 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Dok
    I don’t normally do this, but that rapscallion El Tufferino needs sorting out pronto
    For one fight only i am willing to offer you my spare Butler

He’s possibly not as well equipped as Mister “tornado” Tuff’s butler “Hurricane” Hargreaves but he has a pack of plasters, a couple of tins of Irn Bru and some pork scratchings

• 19 Ciaran // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Kebab

I don’t follow UK politics closely. Some associate far right connotations with UKIP though, or a tendency to follow 1 policy to the extreme and not entertain alternatives. Perhaps that is what he was referring to.

• 20 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Not sure what to say on this thread or comments.

Dok & Tuff…Can I be the referee? Perhaps we could alter it slightly so I’m more like an umpire in tennis….I have this fence going to waste otherwise.

• 21 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Yohan

I don’t want to get into a political debate on here, it’s not the right forum. Suffice to say that
    I think there are better ways to address some of the club’s (and country’s) issues than just pointing fingers and complaining.

Sadly, sorting the issues out at our club relies on a certain person actually listening, but I think that should be the focus.

How about an alternative march demanding that Mike Ashley hears the voice of the fans?

• 22 Ciaran // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM

There are those who do and those who criticise. He firmly belongs in the latter.

• 23 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:40 PM

TDSarf…A while ago, I would have thought that a good first step.

Do you not think though that Ashley has made it absolutely clear that he doesn’t give a rats what the fans think?

He doesn’t want to hear any other view. Surely that should be a bigger issue than you thinking that of Ciaran?

• 24 DokToon // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM

missus tuff :)

i am unaware of gentlemens rules, as i am portrayed as a heathen from a colony who had won independence from yours… therefore, my good man, a second revolution is called for, to free us of the tyranny and oppression you seek to establish on this blog.. the line is drawn in the sand, come and take it!

i have no need for a second, or a butler, however, i will have reporters, who arent allowed in st james park and have loads of free time, to be there and take your apology and retraction statement that will indeed proclaim me to be your better.

and tads, i thank you for your offer, perhaps i will avail myself of him, should a more intense fight be needed in the future, but for this donnybrook, i choose to go solo, as it poses no challenge whatsoever.

• 25 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Ibiza

If he doesn’t care, what’s the point in protesting at all??

People should have protested when Wonga was appointed, like Bolton did, people should protest to demand our voice is heard. Instead a few hundred protested to demand a man ditches his £250M asset and accusing 3 key personnel of being liars.

• 26 Ciaran // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Ed should do an article about Dok and Tuff’s transatlantic bout. Couldn’t be any worse than the recent ‘articles’. I jest.

• 27 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Ibiza
    On topic yeah there’s not much to say other than hopefully every player told him that!
    I’m sure Timmy didn’t have to have to get his wallet out at the bar that night!
    Might of been a bit of a problem if Tiote was the dedicated driver though!

• 28 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Ciaran
    Interesting idea
    “Clash of the Titan………… No wait, clash of the age……………No no clash of…………….hmmm………Two geezers and a butler have a rumble in a car park”

• 29 Mister Tuff // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Ciaran – what do you mean “any worse than the recent articles”
    You are observing quality blogging of the highest standard. Interlaced with quality humour – although dok toon -will probably not think it’s amusing after I teach him a lesson -by administering to him “a damn good thrashing “.

• 30 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM

TDSarf…To try and bring change. I’m sorry, I just can’t understand the thinking behind that statement. Should we just sit and wait and say how wonderful things are? No. Should we just sit and whinge on a blog? No.

There isn’t much left to do but to take action.

I think the first protest went fairly well. It was peaceful which was my main worry. I do believe, that when the next march comes around the numbers will improve.

From what I understand, although the information is limited, they are planning more than marching. A plan is being put together to try and resolve the issue. This will be backed up with marches.

When you say “accusing 3 key personnel of being liars”, are you implying that they haven’t lied?

At best, we can say they simply avoid the questions they don’t want to answer. That isn’t right.

The situation is getting worse, not better. The club have kicked out the local press and the only true fans rep from the “fans” forum. Something is fundamentally wrong.

If they have bigger and better plans, explain them, honestly. I don’t think they can.

• 31 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Ibiza

What happened to the fans rep on the forum? I thought there were about half a dozen of them with different backgrounds?

• 32 Mister Tuff // Nov 13, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Ibiza -my good man – you can indeed be referee -I’ve noticed of recent times you have been able to decision make. Your referee’s duties will be simplified as all you will require is the ability to count to ten – and declare my victory by knock out.

• 33 DokToon // Nov 13, 2013 at 4:00 PM

mrs tuff,

nothing funny about the repairs and hospital bill you will incur when i am finished with the small job you will be… can you even fight bareknuckle for 115 rounds still at your advanced age?

dear fellow bloggers, if anyone has any extra money, invest in plaster of paris, and baby food, as mr tuff will need plenty of both, and if everyone profits well enow, feel free to buy NUFC for ciaran and let him run it…

that is all.

• 34 DokToon // Nov 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM

(( i must say, you can tell its international week by the quality blogging today pmsl))

• 35 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM

TDSarf…I may have the wrong information there. Internet in office is temporarily down, but will look in to it… Hate using my phone for Internet…bloody fat fingers and auto-correct.

An example, my phone wanted me to call you “tested” :)

• 36 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Tuff…Oh, I hadn’t realised counting would be an issue. Am I allowed to use my fingers?

• 37 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 13, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Ibiza

I nearly call some people all sorts of things! Often it’s my phone, sometimes it’s just the devil on my shoulder!

Off now anyway, meetings galore…

• 38 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Found this tested ;)

• 39 catchy in norway // Nov 13, 2013 at 4:09 PM

TDS

please go and hide under a rock ,

if you had not noticed , our club is being tan by loonies , it’s plonkers like you who would wake up when we end up in the 2nd div , and say how did we get here

your either really stupid or totally blind
    our whole set needs a good shake up, from the very top , greedy boy at the top , clueless clones under him pardew JFK, and Pardews clone footmen ( coaches ) , all NEED to go so we can push on

• 40 John Tudor // Nov 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM

i always liked the tan but currently leaning to ox blood

• 41 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Tads…Are you saying our current captain is irresponsible? Outrageous claims!

• 42 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Ibiza
    Is he though?
    How do we know this?
    How do we know he simply hasn’t obtained an arm band on the captains armband black market using someone’s identification?

• 43 Mister Tuff // Nov 13, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Changing the theme slightly – the next games to interest Toon fans should be the 2 legged France V Ukraine World Cup Qualifiers on the 15th and 19th of this month.
    I think it will be better for the Toon if France win as having the WC in the summer should make sure that 100% performances are given by those in the French squad – in the lead up to the summer so that they enhance their chances of playing/remaining in the squad.
    French defeat – might result in players minds wandering elsewhere.

• 44 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Mister Tuff
    Your spot on mate, as a club we have an awful lot riding on the WC not matter how right or wrong that is!

I actually think the results could determine whether or not cabaye stays until the summer, if they qualify and he’s playing I can’t see him repeating his summer actions

• 45 yo-yo // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I see Meulensteen has gone to Fulham to support Jol. Many of us feel our coaching setup needs a top-up too – including me. It was on the agenda for the summer – anyone know what happened or was Joke the alternative ?

See lots of squabbling going on today… Ruddy – are you always so aggressive ? Trouble is – it really does take away a huge amount of credibility from your more sensible comments and arguments when you just go for the jugular because it just makes you look immature and arrogant. We all have different opinions and the blog is surely a forum for debate. I see Catchy is still trying to con us his views are facts. (sad case). I hope you don’t want to be treated with the same low level of seriousness as the chief naysayer on here – we all want change remember. I enjoy reading many of your posts but a bit of avoiding personal disputes might be … well .. quite nice really. We have enough conflict with other fans and supporters don’t we ?

• 46 DokToon // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM

agree mr tuff, i have found since we signed all the french players, ive been watching their matches as well… plus them qualifying will undoubtedly make them compete all the harder for a roster spot…

• 47 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Tads…That is a very good question, Mr T wouldn’t lie though. I mean, just look at his face…

Tuff…You have forgotten the most important part. If France don’t qualify, our French players values wont increase and Ashley wont be able to sell them. Honestly people, please don’t get sidetracked.

• 48 Mister Tuff // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:17 PM

tads – I agree about Cabaye. Presuming France qualify – I just cannot see him wanting to move in January and have all the disruption that would entail. (Moving house,getting used to new club/style of play etc).

• 49 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:18 PM

How are we all doing today ?

• 50 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Have anyone seen this Domenico Berardi kid from Sassuolo? What a player :)

• 51 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Yo yo
    Tbf, on the other side the person he was arguing opened his debate by saying those questioning if the stats perhaps made the academy look better than reality as a bunch of idiots, both were extreme in there arguments no need to single one side out

Ibiza
    The lads such a cutie, if ever there was a candidate for a butter wouldn’t melt poster boy, he’d win it hands down!

• 52 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Jesper…We’re doing well (Yes, I’m answering for everyone).

We’ve been working out a plan to sort out the current situation at the club. Let me know what you think.

1) New Owner
    2) New Manager
    3) New Players
    4) New Fans.

We’re still debating whether we need a new stadium or perhaps city.

Kinnear is really the only thing that we all agree should stay.

• 53 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Tads…Only because he would beat the other contestants to a pulp.

• 54 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Ibiza…I am with you ;) lets start at #4 lol

• 55 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Mister Tuff
    It’s quiet sad that are season hopes have come down to us praying France qualify for the World Cup!!!

But hey, I’m going to try and stay positive, hopefully they qualify, we finish in EL spot on cabs will stay past summer!

And who knows maybe those pennies i planted will turn into the money tree just like the magical pixie promised me!

• 56 catchy in norway // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:24 PM

yoyo

I’m not big enough to ignor his insults towards me, him and a few others

I get very sick of being called negative, when if people actually read my posts , I’m asking for positive football, the game we play is negative and very risky,

I really don’t like the direction our club is heading ,

and sorry , facts are facts

• 57 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:24 PM

More excellent blogging on here today mates. Lovely bits from Mr. Tufties and the Spanish StudMuffin. We need some comments from jesper also. I can step in if necessary and improve the overall manliness.

• 58 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM

GT…just have to tuck in junior and I’ll be back with commentary lol

• 59 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Ibiza…it good you guys have been doing something constructive this afternoon, but what about JFK?

• 60 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Ibiza
    I’d say a new stadium and city are a must

If we want to stay localish may I suggest Fanny Barks FC?
    I’m open to stadium suggestions

• 61 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Jesper…What about JFK? Honestly, it’s like you don’t pay attention at all.

JFK remains. He will assemble a new Newcastle United. A new owner, a new manager, new players and new fans. It’s simple really.

It may even be that Kinnear fulfills all of those positions. He’s certainly up to the task.

G2…A manly evening to you *nods his head and flairs his nostrils*

• 62 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Tads…I’ve never heard one bark, I’d proceed with caution.

• 63 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I think we should keep the same city and stadium but with more manliness on display. I don’t like our owner but who does? Perhaps if I send him some free chest hair? I’m just not sure he’s worth the effort. We could change the name of the team to the Newcastle StudBunnies for all our lovely lady supporters?

• 64 pottsclock // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I would say free pie and chips for home supporters is a must. Gravy optional.

• 65 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Ibiza…sorry I didn’t get that memo ;-)

…it all sounds good and may I say it is about time!

• 66 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM

And to you Ibiza mate. Your nostril flare is coming along nicely. You can use broken tooth picks to improve the spread (watch for splinters when inserting though). Beautiful. How is your chest hair working out? The carrot colour is very manly. You must look a treat at sunset mate.

• 67 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM

G2…Ashley seems unsure about that suggestion…

Pottsclock…Free? FREE?

Right then fans of the NewNewcastle (future name pending) – Get him!

• 68 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I may send JFK some some samples made of squirrel hair. He’s not ready for the full manly mane yet. By the way Ibiza have you let any young barefoot ladies run playfully through your unruly yet magnificent manliness yet?

• 69 Ibizatoon // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Jesper…Clearly we still have work to do as far as communications are concerned.

G2…There is no other word to explain how it’s working out other than Manly. I appreciate your efforts.

• 70 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I like to give the old chest rug a ruffled look in the mornings with the Manly Men Hair Coiffer (available now, only 7 euros).

• 71 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:49 PM

You are a wonderful work in progress Ibiza mate. I have yet to introduce you to the Manly Strut. It’s part of the advanced course work.

• 72 coatesy17 // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Don’t know if any of you have seen this before, is so my apologies but https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/604014_436244349821011_82915013_n.jpg
    just taken off a fans forum site on facebook and most the comments are saying Cabs…. hahaha

• 73 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Jesper by the way your new chest hair is on the way. I’ve chosen a fantastic platinum blond look for you. If possible you should wear it with a massive Viking moustache and beard (all in platinum blond of course).

• 74 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Coatsey
    It’s abit of an unfair vote really, it’s like asking I’d rather be given Syphilis or Money

Ibiza
    The only down side to fanny bark is its in Durham, a bit to borderline to unwashed!

• 75 JAMSHA // Nov 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM

jst started manager mod in fifa 14 today n cabaye was sold by the board for 12mil in jan transfer .. without me getn involved :|

• 76 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Some key pointers for those interested in the Manly Strut:
    1. Only to be used when wearing your chest hair for full effect.
    2. Stand tall and proud and scan the horizon manfully.
    3. Suck in the belly and extend the chest in a manly way.
    4. You are now ready to strut.
    5. Move forward with a manly glint in the eyes.
    6. Each step requires the opposite shoulder and arm to come forward aggressively.
    7. The strides should be long and powerful with a slight in turn of each foot.
    8. Be prepared to come to the aid of any lovely ladies who faint at the mere sight of your manliness.
    Warning: do not attempt if not a fully qualified manly man.

• 77 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:01 PM

PS The Manly Strut is not to be confused with the John Wayne Strut.

• 78 JAMSHA // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:01 PM

• 79 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Geordie Two
    So basically you want us all to become Keith Lemmon without the accent?

• 80 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Nice piece on willo

• 81 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Similar tads mate, but I’m patenting the Manly Strut so not identical. There are of course many details I have not included as the complete Strut is challenging advanced work. Did I mention you have to rise up on the balls of your feet as you strut? No. See there is another vital detail. But the course work includes all of this. Only 7 euros for the application form.

• 82 Sir Erec // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:18 PM

This Manly Strut sounds like something out of the Ministry of Silly Walks

• 83 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM

GT…thank you for the new chesh hair; that blond look does look fantastic…very wooly indeed.

…the platium edition must be at least 15 Euro ;-) lol

• 84 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Geordie Two
    Hmm I’m not sold, not after I took your refereeing course the results didn’t work well….

• 85 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM

No, no, no tads mate @84. He’s got it all wrong. Sigh. You see what happens when you don’t complete the course? Where is his nostril flare? His jaw is all wrong. No, I can’t take any responsibility for that.

• 86 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Jesper @83. That item is actually 28 euros. You can make 7 euro payments though.

• 87 wolfshead@toon // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM

mr tuff denies being raffles the gentleman thug he even provides evidence > https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6493461760/h50317390/ however he has made a glaring error as it is plain for everyone to see he is actually clarence aka the third earl of burberry aka bezzy mate of raffles > http://www.flickr.com/photos/norbet/10324476933/ :-)

• 88 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM

GT…you send Ibiza the ginger one right? ;-)

• 89 wolfshead@toon // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:37 PM

geordie

i notice you do not favour the old school medallion nestling in a chest rug :-)

• 90 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Yes I did jesper mate. Extra thick pile. He looks very manly. He’s also making the 7 euro payments. My new commentary “Keith Lemon is not a real Manly Man” is also coming out soon.

• 91 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM

The medallion is optional wolfie mate @88. Some say those wearing one are trying too hard. I tend to agree with that. The Manly Rug and the nostril flare should be sufficient for any adoring lass. Of course the Manly Strut to the pub exit at closing time is the true finisher.

• 92 GeordieTwo // Nov 13, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Remember everyone: You’re Beautiful when you’re Manly!

• 93 blacknwhite yorkshireman // Nov 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Alright lads, long time reader of the blog, never commented but felt compelled to get involved! Been noticing recently that a lot of people seem to be jumping on the “Ben Arfa doesn’t work hard enough for the team” bandwagon. Whilst this is a part of his game that needs improving I think he is often an easy target (hauled off against Everton when the majority of the goals were down to defensive errors) when looking to portion blame. Imo he should be in the team every week either on the right hand side of a 4-3-3 or just off Remy in a 4-4-2 because I don’t think Shola or Cisse offer a great deal more defensively (as was proved against Spurs with Krul having to play the game of his life) and HBA undoubtedly offers more going forward even if he is at times frustrating. I still think Shola is a good “plan B” and hopefully Cisse will find his golden touch again but for me HBA has to play. I think the much more relevant selection headache atm is how to get Anita involved as he is looking a class act.

• 94 Sav // Nov 14, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Why say, ‘If we can win 6 games in a row it will be fantastic’. Its an oxymoron, for a start. It is also highly unlikely and only encourages the boom and bust, ecstacy or tragedy, bi-polar mentality Toon fans are trying to get away from. Pardew is a demon one minute, an idiot the next, Williamson should never wear the shirt again, errr…no he’s our best defender. For Pete’s sake, lets take it one game at a time. Optimism by all means but not at the expense of common sense, Ed. Let’s have a bit of stability…and sanity, for once.

previous post: Newcastle’s Academy One Of The Best – Here’s Why