The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Swan Song – From Walker To Rio – It’s Now One Step Closer

4:54 pm, Saturday, November 16th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 103 Comments

Shola Ameobi was included in the Nigerian squad for the home game against Ethiopia today, which was the second leg of the two game tie, after Nigeria won the first leg 2-1 in Addis Ababa last month.

And the game has just finished at the U.J. Esuene Stadium in Calabar, and Nigeria won by 2-0 with a penalty from Victor Moses after just 20 minutes, and a goal from substitute Victor Obinna Nsofor after 82 minutes, and that means that Nigeria, the African Cup Champions have won 4-1 on aggregate, and they go to the World Cup Finals in Brazil next year – and there’s a chance that Shola Ameobi can be there as a swan song to his career as a Newcastle United player.

shola ameobi nigeria

Shola Ameobi in Nigeria’s colors

In January Shola Ameobi had to pull out of the Nigerian squad for the African Cup of Nations, and in fact they went onto win the tournament, but Shola had given his word to his boss Alan Pardew that he would play for Newcastle if  Demba Ba left and of course Papiss Cisse was off with Senegal to the African tournament also.

And it seems after that Shola thought his International career, as short as it had been was over, but he wrote a letter to Nigerian coach Stephen Keshi, and it seems that Stephen was understanding, and Shola is back in the Nigerian squad this season.

Shola explained in the Newcastle Journal this morning he though he would never play in a World Cup – but now that seems a possibility:

“It is not something I thought was going to happen. I always thought I would be sat in a bar watching it,” “Everything that did happen I had to explain,” “I basically gave my word when I signed my contract that when Papiss and Demba had to go, that meant I couldn’t.”

“Did I feel the fact I missed the African Nations Cup would cost me the World Cup? Well Newcastle didn’t want me to go. I gave my world about the African Nations and nothing else. I was disappointed not to play in the African Nations Cup but I am a man of my word and I had to stand by what I said. Everything is fine now, life goes on and I am pleased I have this opportunity.”

“I might get a chance to play in it now.” “I know nothing about being at a Championships of that magnitude, and it is refreshing at my age to get that chance. I am experienced enough to know I might not get that chance again. I will be doing everything I can to get there.”

“I  was a player who always wanted to play at the highest level.” “That is all I ever wanted to do. I wanted to play international football. When you watch it you want to be involved.”  “I thought my chance had gone. When you look at what has happened with Rickie Lambert it is inspiring to know you can never write anything off in football.”

“There are players in squads you never thought would make it who did. In that respect it is very inspiring. It just shows you what hard work can do. It has been great to think the Nigerian coach has recognised what I can bring to the squad.”

Shola turned 32 last month and he has played well in our last two games as he has partnered Loic Remy, with Papiss Cisse being completely out of form at the moment.

And this is Shola’s final year of his contract at Newcastle, as we don’t think his contract will be renewed, although it maybe it could be for say one year.

But Shola has become a big and positive voice in the dressing room, which is why we think at some time in the future Shola will join the Newcastle coaching staff, although he could still play a few more years in football as a player.

And with Nigeria qualifying for Brazil next summer, it would be great if the lad from Walker makes Rio for the World Cup next summer – and today it is one step closer.

Now Shola has to keep playing well for his home town club – Newcastle United.

Ian Begg is a reader who recently found out that his Mom was very ill, and he has to return to Australia. Ian has a Platinum Club season ticket that has £700 left on it, and he is willing to sell it for £550 or a best offer.

Please see if you can help Ian out, and you can contact him by email at ian_s_begg@hotmail.com – thanks.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: African Cup Of Nations · Premier League · Shola Ameobi · World Cup 2014

103 responses so far ↓

• 1 KevinHann // Nov 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Hey there, guys!

I see with the lack of Newcastle related news during the international break the usual stall to anti and pro Ashley discussions is in place again

Do you think if France don’t make it to the World Cup it may actually have some positive influence though? I’m as concerned about the drop in motivation in our French camp as much as each one of you but it may also allow us to keep hold of the core of the team beyond the next summer and if Pardew can channel the frustration the lads may actually perform better than we expect after the initial disappointment (as we are currently in a pretty good position when you think of it).

It is way too early to get excited but our schedule gives us a wonderful window of opportunity to at least make December a very, very passionate month once again and while most of you are slating Pardew I can’t completely ignore the fact he is the first since sir Bobby Robson to replicate the emotions I experienced in the early 2000?s.

I am enjoying your banter even though I don’t post here often. As a matter of fact these very discussions have inspired me to look for a fan-based angle while writing my own FM14 story. I would be curious to hear if you feel I have managed to catch the general North-East sentiment surrounding our beloved club – if you don’t have anything better Newcastle related to discuss right now, please take a look and let me know how you find it

• 2 Bucks mag // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I’d be over the moon to see Shola representing the city in Brazil, I hope he makes the squad. Get in son!

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Fatty will be very cross and unpredictable if France don’t make that WC.

• 4 ONLINE GUY // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM

KevinHann..Just read that thing you directed uz to, got to the bit about Newcastle United..cant help thinking its just childish Piss taking ..No humour in it If your a Newcastle Fan ..Seems like we are a target ..an easy target for childish piss taking attempt. Grow up.

• 5 croftus5678 // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM

nigeria has motivated shola more than we have ever done imo so i really hope he goes as long as possible.

he’s acttualy playing well for us (even though he’s still not scoring) and you never know these internationals may mean he will have some sort of value when he is sold.

• 6 Tsunki // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Ah! The irony!

Remy, Cabaye, Debuchy, Ben Arfa….just a selection of international class players who are unlikely to see a world cup for at least 5 years. But never mind, the elderly Shola Ameobi will come back and tell them all about Rio. Its funny in a mean-spirited kind of way.

• 7 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Deschamps deserves the world of hurt coming his way if France don’t qualify. Sad to see classy players like Debuchy, Cabaye, and Remy miss their once in a lifetime chance of a Brazilian WC.

Just read the previous article about our finances. If Pards or the Joke come in 1 more time and tell us we still can’t afford to spend money I’m going to be sick.

• 8 ONLINE GUY // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Hull city about to change their name to Hull Tigers ..got to thinking what name could we give the likes of Sun*erland , Boro ? ..

• 9 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM

@Tsunki

It’s like some kind of cruel reverse-karma

• 10 Tsunki // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM

KevinHann – I really really hope you have a day job, that is desperate stuff. Just my honest critique. If I were you I’d consider sticking to reading the Ashley Wars on this blog, and give satire a wide berth.

• 11 KevinHann // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:33 PM

@ONLINE GUY
    It’s not supposed to be funny; quite the contrary it is striving for realism (as much as possible given the medium and the basic demands of a setting). I take it you didn’t get into it after the initial post or it just isn’t your poison – which is fair enough.

Although you should appreciate there is a lot of effort and attention to detail in there for it to be merely “childish piss taking” – and I’m not some 16-year old trying to wind you up. If that’s how you feel about it I’m sincerely sorry.

• 12 Tsunki // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:37 PM

89Norcal – I think Indian Magpie is too angry to even type a response to the news his beloved Shola is a World Cup International Striker. :)

If the mackems were renamed I was thinking along the lines of roadkill – what about the Flat Cats?

Boro SmogMonsters.

Hatepool Monkeys? Just saying….

• 13 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM

@Tsunki
    Well at least BAD karma is working in the case of Indian Mag :)

• 14 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Didn’t even bother reading the link when I saw it was related to a computer game! Biggest issue with those games is making armchair fans think they know about football!

I’m really bored of talking about Ashley, I’m much more interested in how this team is going to move forward.

• 15 Ciaran // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM

You’re the one who constantly defends him. While many of us have our complaints about Ashley and air these complaints on a regular basis, no one is forcing you to counter these arguments. You could simply not join in. Or is that contrary to your need to be centre of attention?

• 16 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM

@TDS
    Unfortunately even when we want to look forward that fat man rears his head again.

• 17 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Bloody hell Ciaran, are you on here 24 hours a day??

I have been countering them because it’s frustrating that people like you are constantly spouting rhetoric because you want to be the rebel.

I used to think that we just had different views, but your total lack of openness to others’ views makes me think you’re just an a***hole. I hope for your sake it’s just an online persona, not that I think that’s an excuse.

• 18 KevinHann // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:55 PM

@TDS
    Come on, mate, it’s not like I come out of the blue and act I-know-it-all or something. Even if I rarely engage in discussions here I’ve been a regular on this blog for years, and I’ve been a proud Newcastle fan for approximately two thirds of my life even though I’ve taken a lot of stick for it (and no, I’m not 22 or less).
    As for taking the club forward there isn’t much more we can expect under the current regime. This is a good season to make a surprise breakthrough as a lot of the conditions match those from two seasons ago – the big dogs are in some forms of transition and with the fierce competition they will lose a lot of points and the table will remain pretty tight. Although the emergence of Southampton will make it harder.
    We were really close to something big two seasons ago – a lot could have been done if we played Champions League instead of Europa League last year and this season would have been an excellent opportunity to build on.

• 19 Douglas // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:57 PM

ToonDarnSarf:

Regarding my posting earlier today. I was not accusing FMA of illegal practice. There are many legal relationships / contracts which can be used to benefit Sports Direct. Perfectly legal. I repeat: FMA has almost certainly set up (legal) contracts which result in less revenu for NUFC and more for SD. That way he makes more money for SD. Dont forget SD represents all that FMA is: its his life, it is him.

• 20 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

89Norcal

He doesn’t need to mate. I know it’s frustrating with things like the media ban and NUST getting kicked off the fans forum, but neither will be 100% Ashley’s fault. I just wish the pettiness would end on both sides.

People didn’t say as much about the c**p that Shepherd and Douglas Hall got up to, yet we had years of mediocrity with some shocking managers.

• 21 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Might stick a cheeky tenner on Shola for the golden boot ;)

• 22 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM

KevinHann

Then I don’t get it, why make a blog post on a computer game site? At least Ciaran set up a NUFC blog about the club itself. What do issues around our club have to do with a computer game?

Simple fact is that our finances are miles behind the top 6, it will take some excellent progress over the next few years to climb into the mix. I’m not going to whinge until then, I’m hoping we’ll get 7th or 8th this season.

• 23 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Douglas

Then they appears the accounts.

And like I’ve said before, Ashley owns 100% of NUFC and only part of SD so it doesn’t make sense to divert say £10M that he owns to SD. If he owns 62% of SD, that money effectively becomes only £6.2M of his assets.

• 24 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:14 PM

@TDS
    Fair point on Shep n Hall, it’s just maddening how close we get to a breakthrough and how our club shoots itself in the foot soon after. I guess the only positive is back then we played some great football, whereas now SJP is a billboard for the Fathead’s corporate banners and he only cares about profit.

• 25 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM

TDsarf,
    The only credible argument people have to defend Ashley is “look how much money Hall and Shepherd took”. Shall we say Stalin wasn’t such a bad bloke look what Hitler done or Pol Pot was a canny bloke look what Mao Tze Dong got up to, I suppose you could defend Harold Shipman when compared with Peter Sutcliffe. We all know what Shepherd and Hall took, the major difference is they wanted tl profiteer while trying to make Newcastle a major player where as that fat seller of tat wants to profiteer and couldn’t give a flying fusk whether we succeed or not.

• 26 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:17 PM

BPC.
    Don’t.

• 27 bills-son // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Tds,

Ruddy @ 15 says you only counter the anti Ashley comments because you want to be ‘the centre of attention’.

Interesting.

So, obviously it’s alright for Ruddy to call anyone deluded, blah, blah, blah, when they come up with anything other than Ashley slagging – but when someone disagrees with Ruddy’s point of view they are an attention seeker.

Guess why Ruddy is a world authority on attention seekers. …

• 28 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Fight night.

• 29 yo-yo // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM

If France do not qualify then Ashley’s French assets may well lose their relative value as players showcasing at any international finals tend to see their wonga quotient rise dramatically. So the big man won’t be able to cash in if they don’t qualify. If Cabs had a great World Cup what do you think that’d do for his tranfer value – add £5m+ ?

So all the Anti-Ashley camp ought to be shouting for Ukraine on Tuesday….

• 30 JackButler // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM

yo-yo

With a good world cup Cabaye’s value may well go up but is there anyone out there who would realistically hand over close to £20 million for the lad?

Personally I think anyone willing to spend that much on him must be off their heads

• 31 croftus5678 // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM

ashleys profits last year = £0 nufc (unless he took some out we dont know about) £26mil sd.

so he could have made maybe £2mil from advertising (no idea how much it really is) but the fans ect would be looking at accounts saying the greedy so and so he’s took money out ect expecting that money to go on transfers or he could get advertisement for nothing on his actual money earning business which must far more than make up for the 2 mil lost when sd would have had to pay prob more for that type of advertising in the first place imo.

he’s not daft he’s just playing us all like he’s always done. its just he has solicitors and accountants that can take advantage of things like this where most of us wouldnt think of it.

• 32 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM

@ JFA

No faith :) .

• 33 Ciaran // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Our accounts are deceptive, and most of us would not bet that he is using legal loopholes to ensure that he makes as much money as possible. Whether that includes outsourcing NUFC activities to his other business interests including SD with merchandise.

What we as a fan base need to do is to challenge him every step of the way, at the very least demanding for more clarity and asking the pertinent questions as to why we are unable to challenge other clubs who are similar, if not smaller, in stature than ourselves in the financial aspect of the game.

• 34 Big Pappa Cissé // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I just hope I get a decent team in the sweepstake at work . I got Cameroon in 2010

Fingers crossed for Germany or Spain ;)

• 35 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:44 PM

89Norcal

We played some great football under cavalier KK and some great football under world class Geordie legend SBR, but I remember some garbage from the others despite some amazing attacking talent. Granted, scintillating football is rare for us these days, but I hope for more!

• 36 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM

JFA

You’re comparing Mike Ashley to Hitler? Oh dear…

• 37 JackButler // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Ciaran

We all already know why we can’t compete with club of a similar stature or those who are smaller than us and thats because Ashley doesn’t want to do anything with us other than survive in this league.

While we are in this league he gets FREE global advertising for SD and at the end of this season he see’s a massive increase in the clubs income which no doubt will not go to improving our squad, we are now the cash cow he always wanted

• 38 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Yo yo,
    I think France not qualifying could turn out pretty bad for us, I think the only thing that kicked Cabayes ar$e in to gear was making that WC squad, I don’t what else there is for them to play for, the club have announced the FA cup is not a priority and with Shola having to start games a top seven finish is surely unrealistic.

• 39 Ciaran // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM

No he’s not. He is saying the lesser of two evils is not necessarily good. If that sentiment is lost on you then you clearly have no grasp of analogies.

• 40 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Bills-son

Spot on. I wonder who really has the agenda…I just want people to get behind the lads that matter. Those who are trying hard to get us results.

• 41 ONLINE GUY // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM

KevinHann

Your attempt at satire and taking a rise out of Newcastle United is ok for the casual observer to read and the neutral, or even any other clubs Supporters ..they might be happy with the ridicule that is constantly put our way

..My take on it after reading it is the constant feeling that the piss taking will never go away towards Newcastle United ..

We seem to be a target of all media involved in football and some who are not ..I also thought ..the air is seemingly clear now at Newcastle .

Any trouble or internal politics at the club is always amplified more than any other club by our Voracious media ..and you just seem to be adding to it at a time of relative calm . will it never go away ?

Even in Jest it’s not good to read methinks. It just keeps it all going round. See my point? .

Good luck anyway..you did put a lot of work into what went before as regards the other clubs ..you were serious about their chances ..then took a rise out of the Club you Support ? ..

We cant get off the roundabout . This type of thing just perpetuates the bite’s people take out of our Beloved Newcastle United.

Saying all of that ..there are worse things in life

.Good luck . .

• 42 JackButler // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM

ToonDarnSarf

You must get dizzy with the amount of spin you try to put on thing’s

• 43 Mister Tuff // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I see the authority on etiquette, manners and how to conduct oneself has turned up.
    Bills -what about when someone disagrees with you – your only argument is to spout “you’re not a true supporter” and to falsely accuse me of wanting the team to get beat. Which is totally fabricated -you then choose not to apologise as I had had jokingly said you needed a good thrashing.
    You sir -cannot lecture anyone.

• 44 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Ciaran is actually Dave Whelan’s love child…

• 45 Ciaran // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I’m not, I’m the product of poor judgement, too much alcohol and parents with a Catholic propensity to breed like rabbits. Don’t think matters surrounding my conception are relevant to this discussion though.

• 46 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Croftus,
    Could you explain your comment on the previous thread, that we’re getting stronger every year aftef we finished fifth one year and nearly got relegated a year later.

• 47 Ciaran // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Also, I’ve never hid the fact that I have an agenda that would ideally see Mike Ashley leave this club. My support for the team however is completely removed from that agenda.

• 48 JackButler // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Ciaran

You know, if you where actually Dave Whelan’s love child it would answer a lot of questions ;)

• 49 Ciaran // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM

JB

It would, but I’ll not have the notion spread about that my mother had coitus with Dave Whelan.

• 50 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM

This blog has already degraded to its typical, polarized nature I see.

• 51 JackButler // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM

89Norcal……………..get used to it as under Ashley the bog isn’t gonna change in the near future :D

• 52 Ciaran // Nov 16, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Can’t wait until Ashley leaves so we can get back to enjoying the high quality content of the blog.

• 53 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Norcal,
    It’s better than posting line ups for the Norwich game :)

• 54 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM

@JB

I’m actually convinced that if we had a Sheikh owner and Pep Guardiola as our manager; the readers of this blog would devote the free time between victories to squabble over hypotheticals in an attempt to validate their footie knowledge.

I would win of course. I’ve already won 5 straight European Cups on FIFA.

• 55 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM

TDsarf,
    A more accurate likeness would be describing you and Ian Beale.

• 56 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM

@Jail

lol true that, I’ve seen enough poorly formatted posts with lines and dashes for one lifetime.

Not to knock those that do, I see the fun in it of course :)

• 57 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Just seen Vettel win pole.

The future of F1 really is as bright as ever.

• 58 ONLINE GUY // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Ciaran/Ruddy

Were you born out of Wedlock ? …Sorry …where you though…Sorry …where you born to ….Sorry ..

I’m done.

• 59 JackButler // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:04 PM

89Norcal – The banter will always be here as will the arguments on team selection, tactic’s etc etc but the sooner our dastardly owner has slings his hook the sooner we can get back to having fun on here and not focusing on the way he takes the p**s out of us

• 60 Ciaran // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Online

Stop.

• 61 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:12 PM

@Jack
    I understand and I enjoy some banter, but when it so quickly degrades to personal attacks…You would think we are enemies at times.

If I see any more “…and if you don’t think so you’re an idiot/deslusional/a tw@t…” I’m going to vomit into a box and promptly mail it to all of you.

• 62 ONLINE GUY // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Ciaran

I just cannot find it in my heart to forgive Ashley for tearing down the St James’ park name with filthy dirty old crowbars without thought or care for our history ..He did’nt give a F**k…

A wicked act, spiteful, nasty, put us in our places agenda.

He lost me that day.

Moving the singing section smacks of dictatorship .

The day he changed the name of our ground and tore it down tells you how his spiteful mind ticks.

Never forgive that one act .

• 63 JackButler // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

89Norcal

When it turns into personal insults I simply sign off and go do something else, not interested in play ground antic’s of name calling or other ways of trying to get one up on whoever you are engaging with

• 64 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Norcal,
    “Make no mistake” as he scratches his nose or “trust me” as he pulls on his ear lobe would be seen by a body langage expert as a pathological liar.

• 65 Toon Tang // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

norcal

“I would rather listen to Pards saying “the lads was tired” on repeat “if I’m honest.””

hahahaha classic

• 66 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Online guy,
    I won’t ever get over him almost winning back my trust then sh!tting on us that summer, only to spend in January purely because we would have went down otherwise.

• 67 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM

See Toon n Jail you guys understand my pain :)
    @JB I’m with you there.

@Jail – Pardew does remind me of a politician at times.

• 68 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:26 PM

btw what did we think of the England v Chile game? It’s nice to see more SA squads gain some respect.

• 69 ONLINE GUY // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Aye Jail…

There is a lot of twists and turns with Ashley and Co’ and some strange decision making ..Profit above all else it seems ..My thought’s are that football is a Bizz where you need to speculate to accu…..

Ashley has that little childish streak in him it has manifested itself a few times …Singing section ..broke it up , its all about divide and conquer and he just didnae like the composition of some of the songs ! hah ! What other reason could there have been ?

• 70 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Norcal,
    I think him and Blair in a sincerity lie off would be a very close affair.

• 71 ONLINE GUY // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Ciaran ,

I am not questioning your parentage really and just a joke ..based around what went before ..I say that but … sorry …jesting again

No I say it in Jest because I do enjoy the way you make your point and wont be beat .. I say a lot of stuff to stir it up … but you and Bills are something else ..always entertaining ..

Iv been out Mid West for over a month and getting back to the banter is canny ..thing is once you log in on here one cant seem to get off . I’m off for a pint .. Make my escape early . all best.

• 72 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Online,
    Mid West being somewher in Lancashire ?

• 73 yo-yo // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Okay – so the jury’s out on what’s best for the Toon – but Ashley’s pocket would certainly be hit by a failure of France to overcome their 2 goal deficit – and given England’s performances against Ukraine I’m not confident they’ll get anywhere near it.
    I think Cabs could well be motivated by a move to the Gooners or equivalent anyway. Career ticking down – maybe 5 more years at the top ?

There’s a lot of mutual Ruddy / TDS bashing going on but I don’t find it remotely amusing, entertaining or interesting to see a battle of egos between two supporters with different views. I have different views to a lot of guys on here but still enjoy their posts (there are obvious exceptions mind). And I try to ignore the spouting of diaorrhea from the neggers. Can I make a premature list for Santa Pardew that includes a slightly less attack dog approach from our most aggressive posters ? Message each other on FB or Ruddy’s own blog but get yer stupid disputes off here as it’s a total pain in the a*se tbh. Please try to ignore each other – others with a strange antipathy have managed it before now

• 74 ONLINE GUY // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Aye Jail

Coronation Street !

• 75 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Online,
    Do they sell pints there ?

• 76 Ciaran // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Online

I know you were messing.

Yo-yo

Unfortunate that you are not entertained, I didn’t realise that there was a a standard that had to be adhered to before posts were accepted on this blog. I agree that the petty disputes achieve nothing, however his is an opposing view that in good conscience is unfathomable in my mind so I challenge it. His disposition is such that he chooses to personally attack me on a regular basis, which sometimes sees me do likewise.

I am afraid if it is a battle of egos, his will win out every time. However, if it were a battle of wits…

• 77 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Yo-yo

That is fair. I’ve tried to just ignore him before, but it’s tough when ?I’m posting and discussing with others and he’s posting his rhetoric to try and contradict me. Especially when it’s often laced with mistruths. I’d love to talk on a blog with people on here (definitely including those who disagree) without the extremes.

• 78 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM

TDsarf,
    You are one of the extremes !

• 79 Ciaran // Nov 16, 2013 at 8:14 PM

It’s not hard to contradict manipulative rhetoric when one has evidence and facts to back up one’s argument. His issue stems from resorting to wild speculation and sheer hope that people will lap up some of what he is saying in order to relieve the growing pressure on Mike Ashley.

His mantra would be ‘throw enough sh**, hopefully, some of it sticks’

• 80 yo-yo // Nov 16, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Ruddy

I was requesting that peace broke out or at least an armed truce – but you just don’t have that personality do you ?

How come you manage to employ sarcasm in answering a well meant plea to avoid stupid personal vendettas ?

How tall are you by the way ?

• 81 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Ruddy

I love how you fancifully construct your statements as if we are having some sort of heavyweight philosophical discussion. I can just feel my IQ rising to the genius level as I read them.

• 82 croftus5678 // Nov 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM

@46 jail for ashley

i can buddy but i hate going over the same subject over and over again as its been covered a million times already on the blog for both why we are and why we arnt.

personal opinion is from the “squad” that finished 5th we are as a team better as of today but if we was to debate it would go on forever again ^^

they was wrong not to sign anyone after we finished 5th but saying that we (inc me) was saying they have not learnt from mistakes in doing the same this season so go figure i guess its all down to motivation in last season we wasnt and this season and season before we was.

• 83 pottsclock // Nov 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Is this the right room for an argument?

• 84 Mister Tuff // Nov 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

pottsclock @83 – I think somehow you must have the wrong blog if you are after an argument. In the meantime please accept my greetings card:-

• 85 89Norcal // Nov 16, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Tuff :lol:

• 86 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Croftus,
    We was ? Did you go to the same school as Pards.

• 87 Ciaran // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Norcal

Just can’t help it. I know people would rather I use monosyllabic words, or simply grunt as a method of communication but I do love the power of words. Seemingly intelligence and arrogance are two concepts that have been muddled.

Yo-yo

Oh please, there was a faint whiff of sarcasm present, don’t be so sensitive. Also I’m 5 ft 11, so no I do not have small man syndrome/Napolean complex (although research has shown that Napolean was average among his peers for the time)

• 88 croftus5678 // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM

@86 jail for ashley

not as far as i’m aware.

and was the “we was” part nitpicking and the slight way i worded the post ?

if so i suppose i can pretend you didnt understand and explain in a way that everyone understands and can not be mistaken in any way for something else that it has the slight chance at being confused by me saying …*sigh*

I refraze the comment “we (inc me) was” as “the mojority (inc me)

acceptable i hope ?

• 89 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Croftus,
    Yes it was nit picking, please accept my apologies.

• 90 yo-yo // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Ruddy

If your attitudes can’t be explained by wee man syndrome (which is not dependent on height by the way – its more disposition) then its just pure and simple anger management.

Oh – and if you speak to people face to face the way you post comments I’m surprised no-one has decked you. – and I’m not easily offended (having bindipper fans in the family)

It seems only a matter of time.

• 91 croftus5678 // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM

@89 jail for ashley

accepted lol and sorry for being a tit myself.

i dont think ashley is good or pards or even 1 or 2 of the players tbh but i’m a toon supporter and we must take what positives we can because tomoz ashley could sign joke kinear and upset the lot of us …..oh >.<

• 92 pottsclock // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Mister Tuff
    You reputation for fisticuffs precedes you. There may be an occasion in the future where my man makes arrangements with your man, but at this time I simply ask the question “Does no one on this blog know their Monty Python?”
    Seriously, the petty arguing on here is getting me down a bit.

• 93 yo-yo // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:23 PM

croftus

Was you over the moon or sick as a parrot ?

• 94 Laurent Robert 32 // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM

It’s been a good read on here today.

Ashley’s advertising vessel, Newcastle United, is moving forward for him, however it may as well be Usain Bolt in quicksand for the supporters.

He’s just lucky that Carr can maximise his little to no financial outlay to keep us afloat. After all, that is his goal. Minimal outlay whilst the profits soar for S%#*ts D*@#$t. Money, money, money… greed, greed, greed.

• 95 croftus5678 // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM

@93 yo-yo

at what buddy ?

• 96 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Mr Tuff,
    Good evening, will you come round to a certain greengrocers in the heed and help me remove some turnips.

• 97 Ciaran // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Yo-yo

You’ve a chip on your shoulder that says more about you than it does about me pal. Shine the spotlight in the right direction.

• 98 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Laurent Robert,
    Always a fan of his posts, do you know Beattie25 personally ?

• 99 Mister Tuff // Nov 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Jail -evening -I’ve heard on the grapevine (no fruit and veg pun intended) that there has been foul play at the mad greengrocers shop (hand barrow) in the Heed. The owner has been decapitated and the police are appealing for witnesses. The police have released an image of the poor fellow:-

• 100 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Mr Tuff,
    Exactly how I’d pictured him although I thought he looked quite happy there, which is a bit strange, maybe it’s not him after all.

• 101 Brutooon // Nov 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM

he wont make it to the final squad.

• 102 Laurent Robert 32 // Nov 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Jail, I don’t know him personally, no. I enjoy his posts though.

• 103 Quasimodo's tailor // Nov 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM

No names, no pack drill, but I find it quite ironic when we have a certain poster criticising another poster’s grammar when he himself uses the term “I have went”. Behave.

previous post: Newcastle’s Financial Picture To Improve Dramatically