The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew Unaware Of Coloccini Situation

9:55 pm, Sunday, November 24th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 57 Comments

Fabricio Coloccini was interviewed last week on an Argentine web-site, and in his comments he said he would like to leave Newcastle as soon as possible, once next summer rolls around.

fabricio coloccini looking depressed

Fabricio Coloccini – still wants to leave Newcastle

This is what Colo had said on the Argentine web-site Ole last week:

“We did everything possible to return to Argentina, but obviously Newcastle have the final say,” “They are the club that invested in me… and you have to respect that. The truth is I don’t want to get my hopes up. Hopefully it will be as soon as possible.”

And Alan Pardew seems not to have seen these reports, and admitted that he was unaware of Colo’s quotes  coming out of Argentina.

This is what Alan Pardew had to say, once he was made aware of the reports:

“I wasn’t aware of that, if I am honest.” “But it’s difficult when players go home and they are interviewed. You never know if there is any truth in it. I haven’t spoken to Colo about that.”

It would not be surprising if Alan Pardew doesn’t read the reports on Newcastle – maybe you need to be a masochist to do that – given the criticism the Newcastle manager regularly receives.

It’s one way for him to try to keep his sanity, in what is a very tough job for any manager.

But we do  expect Colo to keep his promise, that he will remain on Tyneside this season, and play the full season for Newcastle.

But what happens come the summer who knows – and we could even see Colo leave Newcastle United after six years at the club.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Contracts · Fabricio Coloccini · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

57 responses so far ↓

• 1 stuart no9 // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM

dosnt sound like there is a great ‘ togetherness’ to me when the manager dosnt know his captain still wants to leave at the end of season, and hasnt told him . mmm

• 2 valle // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM

One of the things I dont like about Pardew is the fact that some players just seem to stay in the team no matter how poor they play or what goes on. We have done well without colo, willo and M’biwa have kept two clean sheets and Tiote have done great as captain. Meanwhile Colo talks about his dream move to some small time argie pup team, and still walks straight back into the team and takes the armband back… Lack of balls AP, so start grow some!

• 3 kt97toonarmy // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM

29 Dec D
    13:30
    Newcastle 1
    Arsenal 1

• 5 kt97toonarmy // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Ian toon

I also think palace will turn us over. But i fancy us at old trafford

• 6 DG MAGPIE // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Tads – My predictions:

30 Nov
    17:30 W
    Newcastle 2
    West Brom 0

4 Dec
    19:45 D
    Swansea City 0
    Newcastle 0

7 Dec

12:45 L
    Man United 2
    Newcastle 3. (Coz I’m going ;) )

14 Dec W

Stoke City 1

29 Dec D
    13:30
    Newcastle 0
    Arsenal 1

• 7 valle // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM

kt97… I know that, but why not give young dummet a chance then? If not against bottom feeders Norwich at home when we have players out then when? Santon could have played on the right.

• 8 Ancientcoptic // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I am getting a bit sick of this.

The club at its own risk, gave this guy a lucrative contract, at a stage in his career when his value was dropping. I would not mind so much if he wanted to leave, but to be as brazen as to get into dealings with his own Father, and then for them to ask us to give him away for Free, is absolutely ridiculous.

Newcastle United Football Club < I do not see 'charity' written anywhere.

Are there any other clubs that would like to take players of our hands for free? Perhaps Cabaye would like to go to PSG, how about Ben Arfa to Monaco… hell why not.. maybe we could throw in the airfare while we are at it.

Colo can leave when a club makes a reasonable offer for him. End off.

• 9 stuart no9 // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM

valle– i think his (pardews)’ lack of balls’goes further than picking his captain or players who, to be honest , need to step up to the plate and prove there worth . It also reflects performances where, with a bit more ambition and bottle, 2nd halfs like yesterday would be a thing of the past. What was the difference between man citys first half performeance today against spurs , and their second, ? – nothing , they came out the 2nd half ‘still’ looking for goals – still hungry, still confident they could drstroy spurs. – what do we do ? not just yesterday but every week we play? we get ahead before half time , then come out the 2nd half a totally different team . When that happens every week, it goes beyond coincedence. its a tactic – a negative one at that, to try and secure the points at half time , hence the reason why we ever only play for 45 mins.- hence the reason why he has never won anything as a manager and never will- no bottle.

• 10 jimmysmith // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM

If Newcastle had just forked out for Collocini then I’d have far less sympathy for him, but he’s really on what amounts to a contract extension now, so surely the club can sort something out for him here if indeed he is enduring personal upheaval, and by the way, San Lorenzo are far from a two bit club, so if they want him and he wants to go then we can surely find a way to get that to happen. Loans, swaps, cash, feeder club arrangement, there are many options. If only it weren’t reliant upon Joe.

• 11 Ancientcoptic // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:51 PM

jimmysmith, I was curious myself why San Lorenzo did not make some kind of player exchange offer… there has to be 100s of different ways they could have made us a deal for Colo, anything is better than nothing, right?

This is a club that has a 45,000 seater stadium.

With Colo’s injuries, getting him off the wage sheet could be a blessing in disguise, but letting him go for free cannot for one moment be entertained, it is the principle of the thing.

Lescott would probably play for the same wages as Colo is on, and he would probably be available for next to nothing… may be worth a 2 year contract… he is around the same age as Colo too.

• 12 stuart no9 // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM

kt97— why do you fancy us at old trafford? – we havnt won there since 1972 with better teams, historically , we get a drubbing or at best – beaten , i cant see pardew breaking that pattern . You have to be brave to go to places like that and get something , thats why pardew will fail .

• 13 Laurent Robert 32 // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Stuart – 9, I agree.

• 14 jimmysmith // Nov 24, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Pardew may not be an elite manager, and he did make mistakes last season, truth is all managers do though, and he was also in unchartered waters with the added responsibilities of Europe and the further burden of a clueless ownership and yet we made it to the quarters of the Europa and were unlucky not to go further, and this on top of that remarkable 5th place finish and now punching hard at our weight, and further all achieved with what was, and even now still is, an incomplete squad. The guy has earned whatever respect and breathing EPL managers are reasonably entitled to now I think.

• 15 kt97toonarmy // Nov 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Did any1 fancy west brom to beat them at old trafford. Theyve lost there fear factor. I think we only need to worry about their front 2. Accept from that. Average.

• 16 yo-yo // Nov 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Mr T

I thought you had just had a bit of jocular banter with Bills and no handbags at dawn stuff. It all seemed to be quite jovial with the cod threats.. Sorry must have misread it altogether… Irony is harder online

I would only slate someone as “not a true fan” if they actually had said they wanted us to lose a particlaur game – usually that has limited to a very few people wanting to prove some point or other.
    I can’t ever imagine wanting us to lose any game at all.

There are a few aggressive d**heids on here who slag anyone with a different view to theirs, WUMS, and are bullying, patronising or condescending (or all three) but they are probably Toon fans of a sort – they just wouldn’t be on my Christmas card list.

I just don’t class Bills as one of them usually – though as I say his opinions are too defensive of Mashley for my liking. He has got a lot milder in this recently, mind

• 17 ToonDarnSarf // Nov 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM

The article doesn’t mean much. These things can easily be mistranslated and are sometimes just made up!

Let the mackems come up with reasons to be negative about our club, we don’t need to.

• 18 valle // Nov 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Stuart… Motivation, tactics, negative attitude… Whatever it is, we seem to have some problem staying dominant, thats true, but at least we are winning. Still annoys me that colo got his spot back though, it was even his marker who got away to score!.

• 19 Sav // Nov 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Pardew’s reply is realistic enough. When players go home they get asked ‘Would you like to play for your home-town club one day?’ Do they ever say ‘No way’? Same happened with Ben Arfa at PSG last year. Colo’s missus will be reading the reports, too. If she going to read ‘ I won’t be coming back full-time until 2016′, then Xmas dinner in the Coloccini household will be bread and dripping.
    The other part of this equation is whether Mashley is likely to be sentimental about writing off 3 or 4 million so Colo can play for the equivalent of Gateshead. (Sorry, Gateshead).

• 20 Owldman // Nov 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Dont think we’ll miss Colo as much as I thought we would the reason that Willo has stuck the words of his critics right down their throats! Nothing fancy about him he just gets the job M, bwia has also done a great job looked comfortable at right back on Saturday, not as progressive as Debuchy but solid what more do the fans want .

• 21 Mister Tuff // Nov 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM

yo-yo – thanks for the reply -at the time it was quite apparent that nobody on the blog talks about “administering a good thrashing” to another. The joke was continued further with a couple of other lads after I sent them my card:-

I thought it was a reasonable joke at the time and had some good exchanges with dok toon about going to the States and giving him a thrashing. But I suppose some folk are touchy and choose not to participate in humour.

• 22 jimmysmith // Nov 25, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I don’t think Collocini played badly at all considering he’s been out for some time, and he’s also good enough to still be in the frame for Argentina, and so has a realistic shot at becoming a World Cup winner this summer.

I think its fair to say he’s good enough to be in our side and still skipper, while available. He is a super player.

• 23 Ciaran // Nov 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Tuff

The ‘good thrashing’ was a lot of good banter. Particularly enjoyed your little piece giving a summary of your transatlantic bout with Dok, brightened up my morning when I read it.

The blog has gotten heavy handed recently, I’ve been partly responsible for having a supposedly extreme point of view (which I will not be relinquishing any time soon mind) but sometimes a little light relief can go a long way.

For whatever reason, this blog has dipped in numbers. On a weekend, hundreds would post. On matchdays, every single thread would be littered with 300+ posts. Sadly, it isn’t what it was.

• 24 Ciaran // Nov 25, 2013 at 12:40 AM

On the Colo issue, I actually wrote an article this morning stating that I think we should let him leave. He clearly does not have the heart for it any longer and it suits no party to keep him – except Ashley.

• 25 Mister Tuff // Nov 25, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Ciaran -yes it is noticeable that there are less posting on the blog -don’t know why. International breaks are partially responsible -that’s definite. It’ll will probably continue until JFK breaks cover again and does something daft or up to when we get beat next time.- or overdue news about Remy -he was reported to be re- bailed until Thursday 21st November.

• 26 Ciaran // Nov 25, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Tuff

Yes I read about Remy’s date being on 21st, was surprised to hear that there has been no word about it unless it has been postponed again, but even that would have made news. Well personally I find myself posting less and less often on this blog (unrelated to our recent good form, not that my detractors will believe that) and have toyed with leaving for good on a number of occasions but something always drew me back. Just happen to think that whatever that something was, is no longer present.

• 27 Mister Tuff // Nov 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Ciaran – it is well known principle in football (I think Shearer made similar comments recently) that if you are doing “well” or winning -there is not a lot to argue about and clubs can get away with lots of things. This will remain true until the next catastrophe. We appear to have the rub of the green at the moment -as always happens this will come to an end -when it does if the basic problems have not been sorted out Toon fans will not be happy and will blog more to show their feelings.

• 28 NUFC_LEAZES END // Nov 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I would love to see pardew to choose form over reputation and bring back in debuchy for collo and willo and m’biwa CB, I think it’ll give them a bit of a confidence boost if they know the manager has faith in them.

Other than that I hope we keep the same tactics as the previous games with big shola and remy up top in a 4-4-2 with sissoko on the right.

In the games running up to the new year I think these will be the results….

Sat 30 17:30 H WBA. Draw
    Wed 04 19:45 A Swansea City Draw
    Sat 07 12:45 A Man Utd Lose
    Sat 14 15:00 H Southampton Draw
    Sat 21 15:00 A Crystal Palace Win
    Thu 26 15:00 H Stoke City Win
    Sun 29 13:30 H Arsenal Lose

I predict us to be about 10th – 7th come new year, don’t want to get too carried away though.

Also I’ve got a feeling that we are going to sign a couple of players out of the blue in January, hopefully ola toivenen, or baftimbi gomis or someone equally as good, maybe even remy on a permanent deal…..who knows…. (:

• 29 jimmysmith // Nov 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I think that when things are going well it does seem petty to complain, but it does remain to be seen if this recent upturn in our fortunes represents a new dawn for the club and ownership. Frankly, even the owner may have earned a little respite as a result, but only so far as these things go and there are of course many cracks that should be not allowed to be papered over. Even so, this is a good period for a Toon fan, so it would seem mean spirited not too enjoy it.

• 30 Mister Tuff // Nov 25, 2013 at 1:34 AM

I think a lot of fans -whilst happy about three wins in a row, remain partially unconvinced that our obvious problems have been sorted out. I think the West Brom game will be very tricky – the are quite well organised. I fear a couple of tricky opposition forwards giving Willo and Colo the run around -turning them inside out. They both suffer from ball watching. I’m not 100% happy about Colo’s return -especially after recent comments about returning to Argentina -anywhere else he would be dropped -and kept clear of the first team squad. But it’s the Toon and we do things differently.

• 31 dcdick // Nov 25, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Pardew out !!!

• 32 kww // Nov 25, 2013 at 2:31 AM

dumbest comments from stu 9.

comparing ourselves to Man city?
    it’s a relative game, they invested hundreds of millions in their squad, all over the pitch and also on the bench, why are we obligated to be attacking for all 90 minutes when we are already leading 2-0?

the players naturally will shift to lower gear, and the manager will be requesting the team to defend properly which we did from open play. it took norwich a 5th corner after 4 consecutive corners to score their 1 goal, and we also had several counter attacking chances in the 2nd half.

some folks here just live in their own tiny bubble and refuse to accept there are teams out there with stronger squads, better players.

• 33 Himanshu Dhingra // Nov 25, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Pardew has put himself in a soup by bringing back COLO and playing MYM at RB.

he has to bring Debuchy back. simple as that. If he does not then he will get abuse.

For whom? Colo or MYM?

For me he doe not have the balls to drop COLO so MYM it is, which is poor management.

Not for the first time, may I add dropped Anita and Sylvain Marveux who had the highest assists last season. cannot get in squad ahead of obertan.

• 34 Himanshu Dhingra // Nov 25, 2013 at 5:34 AM

The amount of defending We have to do in the second halfs , no wonder the players get tired.

• 35 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 25, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Tuff/Ruddy…about the lack of postings and posters in general I can only say that ever since Christmas llast year coming on here has not been that fun!

…certain posters are really ruining the fun for some of us – there has been ups and down on here ever since, but the downs are occupying too mucg space these days :-(

Alot of the regurlars goes missing and sadly some of the don’t return the same. Ibiza doesn’t come on here much either for reasons that are his!

• 36 Himanshu Dhingra // Nov 25, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Season 2011-12
    Wolves (2)
    Blackburn
    Stoke

• 37 Himanshu Dhingra // Nov 25, 2013 at 5:47 AM

Jesper

The main reason is ASHLEY!

His appointments and lack of signings have made following NUFC no fun.

People have stopped going to games who would wanna post.

• 38 Santon03 // Nov 25, 2013 at 6:04 AM

I’m one of those who doesn’t like pardew but in this case I think his response is correct by saying he doesn’t know. What else do you want him to say if Colo does want to leave? Saying yes will unsettle the team since he is the captain and will add further questions that needed to be answered and more speculations that the team doesn’t need at this time.
    Saying no will also raise more questions and suspicions.
    I think I’m not aware of this is the correct response.

• 39 Santon03 // Nov 25, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Himanshu

I like what has been done to the club, as I said last time Norwich, Swans, Spurs etc. signed a lot of players and we only signed 1 on loan and we are in much better position than they are and we didn’t get beat 6-0 by City.
    Regarding JK, although he has many flaws he also has some positives. During his time so far he has hired Faye Downey, and I noticed many changes on how pardew approach the game.
    Even if many including you don’t want to admit that it was due to JK influence, the fact is we are doing well while he is Director of Football. The fact speaks itself.

• 40 Santon03 // Nov 25, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Even Everton has signed striker on loan.

• 41 Himanshu Dhingra // Nov 25, 2013 at 6:15 AM

JFK hired faye downey?

• 42 Santon03 // Nov 25, 2013 at 6:17 AM

who else? Every hiring decision has to have his permision since he is the director.
    If you are saying it’s not JK, then why hasn’t she hired previous seasons?

• 43 Himanshu Dhingra // Nov 25, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Santon

no chance JFK hired her. I think she has been working in other capacity.

The only person JFK has hired is a Chaperone to pick him out of a dumpster after he passes out in one.

• 44 thai-mag // Nov 25, 2013 at 6:39 AM

a win against West Brom and Pardew must get manager of the month, never thought in a million years I would be saying that this season

• 45 Toon-Prodigy // Nov 25, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Buzzing at the moment! What a position we find ourselves in.

Brilliiant, keep it up lads.

• 46 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Nov 25, 2013 at 6:52 AM

HD…I wouldn’t say Ashley is to blame for why I, Ibiza of some other posters doesn’t post on here that often anymore!

…personally I don’t let Ashley ruin my day – won’t give him that safisfaction ;-)

• 47 stan anderson // Nov 25, 2013 at 7:10 AM

The upturn in the Toons fortunes can only be down to the appointment of J F K.
    That is what we will be reminded of by the man himself when he finshes his stint at Billy Smarts Circus.
    Or maybe he has a spell as Santa in some Ponudland shop or similar HoHoHo.

• 48 lesh // Nov 25, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Sharon @24
    Of course he can go at any time as far as I’m concerned. As long as San Lorenzo or whoever, stump up a realistic fee. Or, Collo and/or his father care to buy out bus contract.

It’s not as if we owe Collo anything.

• 49 cyprus // Nov 25, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Yes, I agree, if we beat or even draw WBA, AP should get manager of the month. Also, interesting and sometimes very hopeful predictions for next 7 games. Most realistic, I think, was the guy who foresaw 9 points. Guys, Southampton is not an easy game! They’ve outplayed most teams and played toe to toe with Arsenal. Man U, now, they look like a mid-table team, although we all know they will be in the top 4, so there’s a confusing one.

Now, NUFC: I am not as critical as some vs. Norwich. If you watched the game, we played the ball on the ground, players were not afraid to go for the ball, hold on to it, and provide themselves as a passing option. What? We never used to do that :) And, Shola was a decent release point when we had to go long. btw, 70 minutes is too much for the big guy. I mean, he used to be Strolla in another life! Split the time with HBA, right down the middle AP.

• 50 bills-son // Nov 25, 2013 at 7:45 AM

The numbers posting on here have dropped hugely and I bet it is because most are brassed off with the constant moaning even after a win. Posters who are positive about Pardew, the club or our prospects are labelled delusional, brain washed or even closet Ashley PR employees.

Its like going to the pub after a win happy as larry and standing in a corner where most are negging away about tactics, players, the manager, the owner. You’d think we’d lost not won.

Most would get the hell out of that corner and into one where the fans were buzzing, happy and celebrating the win.

And that imo is why this blog has gone downhill.

• 51 bills-son // Nov 25, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Yo-yo,

The good thrashing that Tuff decided he wanted to give me only became banter because he realised he had over stepped the mark. He tried to turn a threat into a joke but it didn’t wash with me.

I can give and take banter with the rest of them but some of the abuse and personal stuff makes me question whether its worth coming on here. Plenty of bloggers have obviously decided it isn’t.

• 52 toonarmydownsouth // Nov 25, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Ian Toon/ DG / LEAZES
    Very mixed predictions!
    Probably reflects the concern that maybe we haven’t fully addressed the consistency issues!

Either way, looking at all the predictions many still have us down to have a fairly decent points total come January
    Hitting the 30 points mark come jan would set up very nicely for the second half of the season!!

On topic
    Fair enough to Pardew, he can’t be aware if every story and interview, but he’s aware now and should make it a priority to speak with Colo
    If it is the case he wants out ASAP then get JFK to work with Colo, his representatives and San Lorenzo to get a deal in place for Jan, free up the wages and bring in a young commanding CB, strip him of the armband until then and restore the back four that’s done so well lately

• 53 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Nov 25, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Bill-son
    More like, numbers are dropping off because we are winning and a lot of the antis ain’t got no-one to blame. To be honest I think some on here would like us to get relegated so they can get rid of Ashley his regime and Pardew.

As for Colo – thank him for his services and move him on.

• 54 Santon03 // Nov 25, 2013 at 8:10 AM

bills-son @50

100% correct, I rarely post here for the last 2 or 3 months. Most posters here are blinded by their negativity can’t see anything else other than that, they will find something to blame even when everything is doing well. I don’t like pardew that’s my personal point of view, but so far I have to admit he has done well, he is different than last season less excuses, makes the team work harder for a win, and has no favourites. He has dropped Jonas, HBA, and Cisse, he is now putting on a team that ready to battle for scraps. Banning media is very smart move, this is result business and they are putting positive results as far as I’m concern.

• 55 bills-son // Nov 25, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Charlie,

I think you are right about the anti’s staying off as well because we are doing ok.

Most have dug such a huge hole for themselves predicting calamity and a relegation battle all season and they haven’t got it in them to come on and blog positively.

Three successive wins, two against top 6 teams, only one goal conceeded, 4pts off 2nd with a third of the season gone – the blog should be packed with happy positive bloggers and posts.

And it isn’t. Sad.

• 56 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Nov 25, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Bill-son
    The vultures will be circling for the fall which usually comes in December a notorious bad month for the TOON.

• 57 Slank // Nov 25, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Question: Is Mike Williamson now our No1 central defender?

Discuss: