The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

My First Shot Was Good – The Other One Was Terrible

9:33 am, Thursday, November 28th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

You may have noticed that Cheick Tiote has been taking a few long shots on goal recently, as he seems very keen to add to his goal tally of one goal, since joining Newcastle United over three years ago.

cheick tiote 321

Cheick Tiote – goes crazy after scoring sensational goal against Arsenal

And of course what a goal that was against Arsenal,  just before the 90 minutes was up, when he rifled the ball on the volley with his left foot into the corner of the net to get a 4-4 draw against Arsenal,  in that still memorable game.

And Cheick has talked today in the local press about trying to score for Newcastle again, although as a defensive midfielder, not too many goals are expected of the Ivorian.

This is what the 27 year-old 41 times capped Ivory Coast International had to say today:

“My goal against Arsenal was a long time ago. I have been trying to create the same thing,” he said. “People have forgotten about my goal.

“I tried to score against Norwich but it didn’t happen.”  “I have to practice on the training ground. My first shot was good but the other one was terrible.”

We don’t think Newcastle fans have forgotten Tiote’s sensational equalizer against Arsenal that got us the 4-4 draw, with four goals in the last 26 minutes after we had gone 4-0 down in the first 26 minutes of that simply sensational game at St. Jame’;s Park.

And it was a memorable game to, because I even had my wife Madeline watching the last 15 minutes of the game – maybe for the first time ever.

But I still had to tell her – they are the ones in the black and white stripes. :D

Just watch that goal one more time.

Wow.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Cheick Tiote · Newcastle News · Premier League · Video

9 responses so far ↓

• 1 Lew Davies // Nov 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Don’t worry Cheick that was a truly unforgettable goal.
    :lol:

• 2 Lew Davies // Nov 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Good to hear he is practising we could do with a few more goal scorers in the team.

• 3 Lew Davies // Nov 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM

loved that tombstone celebration too
    classic

• 4 mindshaft // Nov 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM

One of my fave goals and celebrations ever

• 5 Transfer Sage // Nov 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM

i don’t think anyone will ever forget that goal

• 6 Blaydon-Toon // Nov 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM

His shooting is terrible ! Should stick to what he knows best and leave the long range stuff to Cabaye … Against Norwich the crowd encouraged him to shoot but after his 3rd effort I was shouting NO NO not again

• 7 sachin toondulkar // Nov 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM

It was a special goal, for a special occasion.The goal and the celebrations gives me goosebumps.One more celebration which is still fresh in my memory is that of Jose Enrique’s goal when we were in the championship.I think the match was against Notthingham Forest.

• 8 Malta Mag // Nov 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Tiote is our key man. When he plays the whole team is allowed to play.

• 9 Sav // Nov 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM

We’ve had second most shots from outside the box of any Prem team. I don’t think its entirely good – we hardly have the goals to show for it – and must work that bit harder in training to set someone up in better striking positions in the final third. We are wasting some decent opportunities to put teams away. Either that, or take some shooting practice!

previous post: Deschamps Must Watch This Top Newcastle Player