Ben Arfa – His Attitude Has Surprised Me

When Ben Arfa was introduced in last Saturday’s game against Norwich City after 83 minutes, the Frenchman was able to offer some threat up front and help take some pressure off the Newcastle defense, and we managed to get over the line with our third league win in a row, thanks in part to the 13 times capped French International.

ben arfa

Ben Arfa – still a valuable player for Newcastle

And surprisingly Ben Arfa has not been in the starting line-up now for a while, simply because players like Yohan Gouffran and now Shola Ameobi,  are in great form for the Magpies.

Alan Pardew is going out of his way to praise the Frenchman’s attitude and character during this rough period for the mercurial winger, and the Newcastle manager had this to say about the 26 year-old:

“I think he has shown how good his attitude has been when he came on against Norwich last week.” ‘He changed the emphasis of the game. He made us more dangerous and gave us a bit of pace.”

“He changed the fact that Norwich were constantly at us and that helped us get over the line. He is in a great place and he could be significant against West Brom today.”

“‘His attitude has come as no surprise to me. I’ve been with Hatem now since I have been here, three years almost, and I would like to think he respects my decisions.”

“I certainly respect his. I think that helps in his mind. He is a character who is going to have a big impact on our season.” “He has got to hope an opportunity arises.”

“At the minute, the players are not giving him an opportunity. That is good news for me but not so good news for him.”

We may well need Ben Arfa in the second half tomorrow afternoon, in the late kickoff home game against West Brom.

It will definitively be a tough game, but a win would simply be fantastic and give is our fourth league win in a row.

Maybe Hatem Ben Arfa can help us get that victory tomorrow?

Hope so.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Yohan Kebab

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:40 AM

would anyone offload cisse to qpr as part of a remy deal?

• beddersmag

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Magoo

Try the bridge hotel by the high level bridge. Always a great pint and decent crowd. Have a good night 🙂

• danuneek

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:44 AM

There is so much negativity on this blog right now. Unbelievable Geoff!!

I was always dead against people that said Newcastle fans were deluded and fickle, well I’m starting to believe those sentiments now.

For whatever short comings Pardew has, he’s definitely a decent man manager and for me that is half the job.

• beddersmag

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Yohan

In a second but harry is not that daft surely

• beddersmag

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Danuneek

He certainly is mate. More than decent. Amazing that there was no internal unrest last season considering. Really does speak volumes as to what the players think of him. And they should know. Flies in the face of the opinions of a lot of fans who think he is useless but your right man management is fundamental to his role

• Yohan Kebab

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:02 AM

bedders

probably not, but remy isnt going back to qpr anyway, and they are unlikely to get a better striker

the challenge of getting cisse back to his best may appear to harrys considerable ego

• GeordieDan

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Ok Yohan (and anybody else I’d be interested to know)m how much would you sell Cisse for?

Balanced with:

A) He’s done nowt at all this season for us and very little else the season before(despite occasionally looking like he might be up for it)

Against

B) He was absolutely lethal for us in his 1st few months here for us and before that…?…before he was ‘coached’? Out of form and therefore confidence?

I’d be very interested to know what everyone on her would value Cisse at if they could get the cash tomorrow?

• Transfer Sage

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:25 AM

dan

honestly don’t think we’d get our money back selling in the prem, maybe 7 max…not sure.

abroad he had a better record so might get around 10.

but it depends on how much a club want him really, thats just my best guess.

• sachin toondulkar

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:31 AM

I think Ben Arfa will be the difference today.He will have to work harder for the team if he wants to go to the next level which every football fan knows he can and he will surely show his full potential, commitment and hardwork and will definitely win a place in French squad to make it my 3rd Fav after Spain and Brazil

• Himanshu Dhingra

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Last week I had a feeling that we will score from a corner, Did not Post.

This week I think we will get our first penalty.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:47 AM

• ballerfan2

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:27 AM

So along with his many other faults, Pardew is now credited as the reason for Cisse’s lack of form. Hmm….

• Himanshu Dhingra

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Of course

Pardew wants Cisse to play like Ameobi. two different players who have different strengths

P.S
    In case of Ameobi I use the word Strength Loosely

• bobby mango

Nov 30, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Danuneek – those sticking to the guns and being negative, despite a few wins, are not being fickle. They’re being consistent, the opposite of fickle.
    Those who hate Pardew one day and then wax lyrical about him a week later are being fickle. Some would also argue deluded.

Personally I think he’s evolving and improving. Wouldn’t say he’s good yet, will take a lot for me to forgive him for last season’s catalogue of horrors. Giving the man a chance though. Pleased to see us getting a few wins and changes to his tactics and choices but staying realistic.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Nov 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM

@3: Danunek.

I echo your sentiments entirely but i am still a fan of the Club and also this Blog!

Unfortunately, like i,ve said before, on here there are a minority who seem to think we are a club of the same stature as, for example, a Barcelona or a Real Madrid or even, Manure who have all built up their prospective clubs over a number of years and have literally Millions to enable them to outbid other clubs to sign players wanted.
    ( 100Mil for Bale ).

We have problems bringing a striker in for an extra 25000 a week wage, which is the amount reported in the press around the move of Remy to QPR instead of us. I don,t particulary preportion any blame towards Remy as much as i blame QPR,s trainer and owners!

The negativity on here is one of the main reasons why i don,t comment on here as often as i used to. Also the fact that if i make a comment or react to anyone or anything said, not alone by me or see reactions by other bloggers.

These reactions, can sometimes be agressive or Brute to say the least?

Still i am on here and always try to be neutral and respect the opinion and comments of others, you included.
    There are exceptions to the rule, on here and they are the reason why i,m still on here even if no reraction comes at all to something i,ve written.
    Always wonder if somone is going to react, quite often no-one does which brings me sometimes to think:
    “Why have i bothered to say anything at all”?

So you are not alone with you sentiments Danunek!

Getting back to Ben Arfa, i think that, on his day, he is one of our most talented players and i am pleased we still have him, he could of been sold by now.
    I wuld use him in the last half hour of any game, especially if we look at our present run of form?
    Hope we continue it with three more points this afternoon?

• toonincheek

Nov 30, 2013 at 11:03 AM

NEWEXPAT –

Yeah, there is a strong tendency to ignore sensible posts at the end – too many people just move on to the next topic
    (and, so often, ignore the new topic, just re-posting what they have posted before)

Don’t desert us just because of that.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM

@16 :

I love the Club and the banter far too much to desert anything mate!

Blood is thicker than water, Sticks and stones and all that .

You never ever, ever, forget your Roots.

Plus by the way, there are a small group ( 1 Feyenoord fan, 1 Ajax fan and me ) coming across on the Ferry from Holland on 4th April to watch the Manure game at home on the 5th at home!

I can,t wait coz i will be coming home and i just wander what position we will in in April !