Newcastle Hero – I Will Continue To Work Hard

One of the things we said after last week’s 2-1 win against Norwich City, is that Moussa Sissoko can still improve his game at Newcastle, and one area of improvement was in scoring goals – and he missed a very good chance in the first half last week.

moussa sissoko west brom sizzler

Moussa Sissoko unleashing sensation strike for winning goal

Moussa showed us all he can indeed become an even better player at Newcastle, when he scored the sensational winner for Newcastle just four minutes after West Brom had equalized in that second half yesterday against a good West Brom side.

Sissoko has always been a modest lad and completely committed to Newcastle, since he arrived in the last week of January from Toulouse, where he had been a long term target of Newcastle.

This is what Moussa said after the game:

“I have been waiting a while for it. Now I am off the mark and I will continue to work hard, mostly to make sure I can keep putting in some great performances on the pitch.”

“Goals, when they come along, are always welcome, or the odd assist,  if I can get them in as well.”  “But the most important thing is the win. It doesn’t matter who scores.”

“As a team, we win together, we lose together. “If we score a goal, it’s always a goal together. “We all have the same objectives we are working towards.”

“The league position is fantastic, so it is up there as one of the greatest goals I have ever scored, probably, in my career, and I am really happy to have scored it.”

“As I have always said in the past though, it doesn’t matter how you score, the most important thing is to score and take away the three points.”

“That’s what we managed to do on Saturday, so we are happy. We will enjoy it, but we will go away and rest up. “We have got a difficult match away at Swansea on Wednesday.”

“But we will go there full of confidence and hopefully come away with three points.”

Newcastle are now 6th in the league after today’s games, and we are above Manchester United and Tottenham on points, and we are one point out of third place.

Newcastle face Swansea away on Wednesday night at the Liberty Stadium, and it’s a chance to get five league wins on the trot, and go even higher up in that league table.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM

He’s been an absolute monster the last few games for us he’s really starting to look like the player he was for Toulouse!
    The only thing I’d say about his last fee games is he needs to work just a bit harder on his passing if he gets that sorted he’ll be well on the way to being a top top player for us

• nufc7lad

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Mignolet

Johnson Sakho Agger Enrique

Lucas Cabaye Coutinho

Ben Arfa

Suarez sturridge

• Mister Tuff

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Another way to view this season would be if we had beaten Hull OR Sunderland – we would be in second place with 26 points. Which would have been superb – it would also indicate that we WERE ambitious and would clearly act as an attractor to potential new signings. Really it has to be said that so far this season we are doing OK and probably beyond what most had predicted, including myself.

• low fell mag

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Great to read Sissokos article.
    The confidence has been a big factor on this great run of ours,along with the team spirit.
    Smashing to see every thing is rosy in our black @ white garden.

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Mister Tuff

For me the Christmas run in could leave is looking very healthy come the new year IF we stay consistent, which with no other distractions we should be able to do

Swansea v Newcastle Wed 4 Dec
    Great time to play them, i think they are there for the taking 0-2 W

Man Utd v Newcastle Sat 7 Dec
    Once again good time to play them, but never an easy place to go 1-1 D

Newcastle v Southampton Sat 14 Dec
    A very tough game, but feel we have the pace, especially with our current counter speed to expose there high back line 3-1 W

Crystal Palace v Newcastle Sat 21 Dec
    Rout, end of 🙂 0-(insert as many as you like) W

Newcastle v Stoke Thu 26 Dec
    Stoke look poor, fully expect a home win, 2-0 W

Newcastle v Arsenal Sun 29 Dec
    Sadly can’t see us getting much but we do seem to raise our game against the big boys but sadly see this as a loss 1-3 L

West Brom v Newcastle Wed 1 Jan
    Tough place to go 1-1 D

Of course that’s looking at it solely on us carrying on our good for, a poor result early on in the fixtures could really hit us for six

• OhSholaAmeobi

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM

nufc7lad

what the heck is that supposed to be? liverpool already have plenty flair players without ben arfa and cabaye would be in direct competition with gerrard and henderson in world cup year. plus the fact they’re not in europe. never gonna happen.

• 89Norcal

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM

agreed tads @#1, I think Sissoko needed to get a solid role nailed down. That deep lying role in a 4-2-3-1 was Ok at first when we held the ball well and Sissoko had more opportunity, but lately he had gone missing a little.

He seem to have taken on to the wide role wonderfully, even if he’s not playing like an out and out winger. I’ve noticed him put in a couple great crosses even.

• 89Norcal

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Also Sissoko has linked up very well with Remy in the final third on a number of occasions. Love those silky passes he puts through.

• Ketsbaia9

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Santon and Cissokho are ahead of Enrique. Santon’s actually an exciting player to watch.

Debuchy is miles ahead of Glenn Johnson. We have the best keeper in the league. Tim Howard is the best kicker in the league.

Sissoko is better than Lucas.

Gouffran, Sissoko and Debuchy have been excellent signings. Mbiwa is starting to look good too. If we could make another 5 signings like that in the positions we need, then we could challenge for the title.

• John Tudor

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:02 PM

and a partridge in a pear tree

• Harley

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Nufc7

???????????

• Harley

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Tads

I feel you’re being a bit optimistic with those predictions.
    But hey so what, It’s great at the minute and I’m going along with them!!!!!!

• Ketsbaia9

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Krul

Debuchy Coloccini Mbiwa Santon

Valencia Anita Ben Arfa

Marveaux

Rooney Remy

It just shows you that we have better players than Man Utd. I’d take Kagawa, Rooney and Valencia from Man Utd. There’s more players that I would take from Liverpool than Man Utd.

• Ketsbaia9

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Newmancastle United reserve team would be:

D’Gea

Gutierrez Saylor Vidic Evra

Sissoko Cabaye Tiote Janazai

Van Persie Hernandez

Completely forgot about Janzai. I’d have him at nufc, so that’s 4 players that I would take.

• John Tudor

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM

hmm fm14

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Harley
    That i am mate, but let’s be honest no team has really hit form, those who had hit for seem to be on a bit of a come down barring Everton and Arsenal so it’s near on impossible to predict results atm!

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Have to say as impressed I’ve been with all the players especially Goofy Remy Shola Willo and Yanga the one who’s raised his game most imho is Debuchy
    The lad has found a whole new level and looks better and better every game, fast becoming one of the leagues best RB’s

• Ketsbaia9

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Who’s better than Debuchy at right back? I can’t think of anyone.

I also think Santon is one of the best left backs in the league.

• Tsunki

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM

On record as a santon doubter but of late he has stuck to his task and is only now really coming of age for me. His form is linked with our improvement of late, as is Sissoko who at last takes the play from deeper for his trademark field-slicing runs. Him and Debuchy have got to grips with the physicality of this league (witness fantastic clavicle-crunching barge from socks – this is what I like about the English game).

The way these play have released the responsibilty from our CBs hence their good form, also Cabaye now in a belated free role and absolutely bossed mid as usual. I would have just LOVED it if that 25-yarder he stole had gone in! all good signs. Subs – take note, this is how you do it.

• NUFCKingALLdWAY

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I think it willbe quite hard for us to get a win at Swansea but anything but a loss I will be quite happy with and a win over at Man U and I will be over the moon. They are much better than they were at the start of the season

• Tsunki

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Tads, what about Shola for game-raiser? 🙂

I see Indian still doesn’t get it, still using goals as a stick to beat Ameobi with.

• Tsunki

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Ketsy – Ivanovic?

• Big Pappa Cissé

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Zabaleta, Ivanovic are the only ones I can think of .

Debuchy was almost playing right wing for periods against West Brom .

• Tsunki

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM

BPC I was going to say zabaleta hes on my PL fantasy team

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Tsunki
    Tbf Indian isn’t the only one who’s bringing that up whilst ignoring the fact that he’s not playing a role where he’s going to bag goals!

I thought I’d shift on too Debuchy as I’ve bored the blog to death with my praise of Shola Willo and Goofy!

And agree, Santon is starting to mature in his role, the lad us still young and fully understand why people get frustrated with him, but i genuinely rate the lad and think he’ll come good but a lot of best form comes when we finally start playing a settled team which we really didn’t do at all last season, and to a degree the start of this season

• Ketsbaia9

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Ivanovic is more of a centre half. Ivanovic is good in the air. Zabaleta has a good engine.

Santon is good in possession and can take a good prod at goal. Anita deserves to be starting.

• JAMSHA

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM

my team

—————- Krul

Santon——–Mibwa—–Saylor——– Debuchy

—————Anita——Honda

——gianniotas—-cabaye——- gaitan

——————Gomis

currently 2nd with 2 games behind man u an 3 pts behind aswell in 2 nd season… hope mike n kinnear are lookn at wat i can do..that to without spend more dan 16 mil on new players B-)

• JAMSHA

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM

ohh saylor has jst scored his 12th goal lol more dan cisse dreamt of

• bills-son

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Debuchy and Santon are playing better because of the protection and defensive help they have had from Gouff and Sissoko.

When HBA was in front of Debuchy the oppo were getting acres of space in front of Debuchy and his weakness imo is defending when the oppo have a run on him. He isn’t the quickest but once he gets tight on a player he defends well.

Santon hasn’t been bombing forward as much recently which I am sure is a Pardew instruction. When he does though he is still slow to get back. I still see Santon as a potential weakness defensively but he is a very good footballer, of that there is no doubt.

• NUFCKingALLdWAY

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I still would like to see ben arfa to come on in the 60th or 70th minute so he can dominate the opposition when they have tired legs. He will have more of a chance to score those stunning goals he seems to get

• Harley

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM

My personal player of the season so far gas been willo.
    I never in my wildest dreams thought I’d be saying that but for me he’s made the most difference. Since he came on 2nd half at Everton he’s been a rock and the big, strong, dominant cb we’ve been wanting for years.

He deserves massive praise for staying focused while out in the cold and taking his chance when it came along.

Remy, debuchy, shola, tiote, goufran, sissokho and cabaye are all playing as well as I’ve seen them. But for me willo has been the stand out.

• Yohan Kebab

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM

we have to be looking at rakitic if we lose cabaye

• NEoffers.co.uk

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Car MOT – Only £14 (usually £54.85)

Get your car MOT service for only £14, we are even extending the voucher life span to an entire 12 months for all of those who have just (over) paid for their MOT. So whether your car has just passed its MOT or is due shortly this offer is for everyone, no one has to miss out.

• ToonDarnSarf

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Hehe. There’s no way I’m the opposite of the Ruddys and MacToons of the world while Kets is around! We’ll be in the CL for sure if he’s right!

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Boruc fractured his hand vs Chelski

• santonthenewmaldini

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I think because he has a similar build and look to Yaya Toure people just assume that is the role that he should be playing I dont think he has the close control and skill of Yaya but he has the same kind of power

He is perfect to play wide right because he gets space and can bully fullbacks plus his delivery is good does not try to do anything fancy just gets the ball in the box Cisse would love that kind of service he is built to be a modern winger and is playing well enough to keep his spot

I still would like to see Arfa eventually get back into the team as a no 10 or 2nd striker his days as a winger for us are over unless he learns to be a team player

• Ciaran

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM

“Ruddys and MacToons of the world” – would love to know what he thinks the definition of that is.

My definition of what the Ruddys and MacToons of the world would be – not an asshole.

So by that definition, TDS, you certainly are and equal and direct opposite.

• Ciaran

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM

*an

• bills-son

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Ruddy,

For someone who professes to want the blog kept free of name calling how come you are one of the most frequent abusers?

Was there any need to respond to TDS with your asshole comment?

• MacToon

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Strange quote from DarnSarf and namedropping users while they are not about is a norm for BS (and up he pops). Maybe the fact I see all our matches, know where Newcastle is as well as SJP and what it looks like 😉 would probably make me an opposite!! I’d also like to think I’m the opposite of a gobshite too…….. could split opinion though.
    How was the rugby Ciaran?