Demba Ba – That’s It – I’m Off

Chelsea striker Demba Ba has said he doesn’t go to nightclubs any more, after the experience he had when he was at Newcastle, where he would go to nightclubs, but he said he was never happy about it – because  it was not in line with his Islamic beliefs.

demba ba a wave

Demba Ba – while at Newcastle he didn’t like night clubbing

Ba has been interviewed in the French publication So Foot,  and he talked about his stay at Newcastle:

“My behavior was never bad but let’s say it was not what Islam teaches.” “Nightclubs, for example.” “People would tell me it was fine, but I don’t go any more because there is alcohol, loud music and scantily-dressed girls. It’s a dangerous cocktail.”

“At Newcastle my friends wanted me to come out with them after the last day of the season.” “I went into the club, turned my head from left to right and said to them: ‘That’s it, I’m off.’”

Demba Ba had a terrific eighteen months on Tyneside, and he scored one goal in every two games for the Magpies, scoring a fantastic 29 goals in 58 total appearances, but he’s found his time at Chelsea  to be much tougher.

And since signing for Chelsea in early January.  he has eight goals in a total of only 31 appearances, with nine of those appearances being this season under manager Jose Mourinho.

We would welcome back Demba Ba to Newcastle tomorrow, because he could still do a great job for us – and we couldn’t care less if he doesn’t go to another nightclub in his life.

He was a great striker for Newcastle, there’s no doubt about that – and he’s being wasted on the bench at the top London club.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM

No need for that like ed

• Graeme

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Ba left for a “Bigger, better Club” the chance to win things – whats he got to show for it – apart from a callous on his arse from sitting on a bench?? Not a lot, lets be honest!!

• 70TWO

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Wasn’t his behaviour in the dressing room also questioned?

• Ciaran

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM

How about you do an article about how Aaron Hughes wouldn’t eat Yorkshire pudding because it was contrary to his Northern Irish upbringing about roast dinners…

Completely irrelevant article Ed.

• 70TWO

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Highlights the need for a player to replace Shola, but this guy isn’t it as he plays best as a lone striker.

• Mister Tuff

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM

what Ed does not mention is that this story is being pushed by that well known, well informed sports news reporting service – Sports Direct news.

• Graeme

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:36 PM

If the source of an article is listed as “Sports Direct News” I wont open it on principle.

• 70TWO

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:40 PM

“Children used as ‘flare mules’ at Premier League matches”

Did they saw them in half to determine their age?

• 70TWO

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Sorry copied wrong part of report-

“A survey commissioned by the Premier League has revealed that eight-year-olds have been detected serving as “mules”, smuggling flares and smoke bombs into games on behalf of older relatives.”

• yo-yo

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Ruddy

What would be ‘relevant’ then ?

No reason why Ed shouldn’t put up these little human interest stories.
    It’s voluntary – you don’t have to read it – you can just skip to the comments if you want to.

• kilcline

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:56 PM

We need a better version of shola, i would go for Ba or show some ambition and give Chelsea 320m for Lukaka and give him the number 9 shirt!

Also need Ince in Jan to boost our goals and of course sign Remy!

• kilcline

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM

*£20m

• Ted Bundy

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM

yo-yo

It’s just another attempt of his to try and defame and disrupt Ed’s blog. He’s a renowned arsehole.

• Scottiedog

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:59 PM

@10
    I think the comments on this story is that the Title is hugely misleading!!

• Himanshu Dhingra

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM

come on palace!

• valle

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Not knowning the story, I clicked this link because it seemed like Ba was leaving Chelsea and we might be linked (Since this is after all a NUFC blog?!?) yet its another non story by that sensationalist reporter Ed… You say you dont earn much from clicks Ed? Well you are certianly trying hard enough to get them.

• valle

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Im sorry if it seems a bit harsh… I respekt that this is your blog, but stuff like that makes it seem dishonest and I dont apreciate to be conned into clicking a link that didnt really have anything to do with what the headline suggested.

• Ted Bundy

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I’m sure you know what to do if you don’t like it, Valle.

• AndyNUFC

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Valle, use a bit of logic here – Ed gets without fail in excess of 1,000 comments a week – with that in mind would he really need some sort of ‘click con’ to pay for his site?

Fair enough that’s what I thought when I read it but any good journalist will use the ‘headline / punchline’ of a story to catch attention, in this case a quote about Ba in a nightclub but clearly also relevant to Newcastle fans hoping to see him come back.

Ted, totally agree, for all his sharp wit and critical analysis, he seems to whinge and self promote on here more than concentrate on his own blogging ability!

• bills-son

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Valle,

I know these headlines are misleading but Ed doesn’t earn money when you click an article link but only when you click one of the ads that takes you to another site.

What really pi$$es me off is the pop ups for app download sites. Other bloggers are brassed off about this as well.

• DokToon

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:24 PM

gmorning all,

being on the dark side of the pond, i dont mind any story ed puts up, this is one of my few sites for information about ANYTHING nufc….

if you dont like the stories, go start your own blog… oops, sorry ciaran lol 🙂

• DokToon

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM

bills ,

i do know there is a good adblocker, but damned if i can remember the name…

• bills-son

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Ted Bundy,

I’m not bothered about the headlines or the on page ads but I think pop ups might have driven a good few away from this site. I’ve installed ad blocker and I still get the bloody things sometimes.

• ToonDarnSarf

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Yes, I hate these damn pop-ups. Especially on my iPad when I sometimes get diverted 3 or 4 times in a row to another page or to the App Store without even having the option to say no. Then I just give up.

Anyway, sure the article is misleading. Criticism can only be levied by people who do not read The Sun, The Mirror, The Daily Mail or any similar rags.

• yo-yo

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Dok

Are you Stateside ?

So is that you’re in the Boon doks like ?

• yo-yo

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:43 PM

The worst thing is the bloody ads with sound you can’t turn off and the ones that keep replaying even after you’ve turned them off.
    I can live with the other ads

• Toon Tang

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM

boon doc. now thats a crafter of the finest beats if ever i heard one

• Jeff from Benwell

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Ciarin
    Is that TRUE
    REALLY
    Bog Trotters don’t like Yorkshire pud.
    Whoda thunk it
    Must be why they are such ignorant rude feckers

• DokToon

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM

yoyo,

yes im in the usa… texas to be exact…

• John Tudor

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM

ad block plus

• yo-yo

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Dok

That’s what I like about this blog – it attracts fans worldwide

• Ciaran

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Renowned arsehole? Well at least I’m renowned 😉

• Ciaran

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM

As for human interest stories in players who no longer play for it, not exactly relevant to Newcastle United at all is it?

Find it funny that he never once mentioned the protest march in the days leading up to it – something very relevant to the football club and the owner, yet he chooses to write a ‘human interest’ story about Demba Ba – a player who left us nearly 12 months ago.

I am sure you are smart enough to know the meaning of the word relevant though…

• valle

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM

As I said, it might be harsh, but I reserve the right to get good old fashioned piss*d about it!… As to the comments in the line of “just leave if you dont like it”, they are getting a bit boring and dont hold allot of value for debat.

• Ciaran

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM

that should read “no longer play for us” – duh

• DokToon

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM

yo,

exactly, some of us are not fortunate enough to have the dealing of the toon in our nitely news coverage….

ciaran, i was joking with you…i do read your blog as well… whenever i feel too good about the toon i can go to yours and come back down to reality 🙂

• Ian Toon

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I’ll try later- football light!!!

• Ciaran

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Dok

You know I can’t take you seriously so no offence taken 😉

As for providing you with ‘reality’ – well that might be stretching it. I have been increasingly positive about things on the field, as we are beginning to play some good stuff. Now if only that could be backed up with progress off the field…another topic for another day haha

Now where is this infamous table that I will be drinking you under? 😛

• Ciaran

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM

At least the apostrophe is in the right place.

• Ciaran

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Thoughts about the game tomorrow night? Bit of a debate to be had about team selection – do we go for the win with a strong team tomorrow and rotate the team for this weekend against Man U? Or do we rotate the squad tomorrow evening to keep legs fresh for Saturday?

Personally, I would keep the winning formula we have in order to keep momentum running into tomorrow night against a ragged Swansea team who are missing their two top strikers. Ideally I would see M’biwa slot back in for Colo but the chances of that happening are slim to nil.