Newcastle Interested In German Left-Winger

There is news in the Mirror that Newcastle are interested in 27 year-old German attacking midfielder Aaron Hunt, who has played for Germany three times.

aaron hunt

Aaron Hunt – 27 year-old German left-winger

Hunt’s contract at his current club Werder Bremen runs out in the summer, so the left footed midfielder will be available as a free agent in the summer.

Hunt was born in Goslar, West Germany to an English mother, and has been at Werder Bremen since way back in 2001, and he has played 332 games for the Bundesliga side and  scored 72 goals, which is not bad for a midfielder.

Arron is left footed and usually plays on the left wing, and Southampton are another Premier League club said to be interested in the player.

Whether Newcastle will go after this player in January or wait until the summer, we don’t know – but he’s right on the borderline of age at 27 years old.

Aaron stands 6′ tall and played for all the German Youth sides, and he looks a very decent player, who may be available for a nominal fee in January.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Love how all our transfer rumours begin with
    ” current contract expires at the end of the season”!!

• lesh

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM

We need a German left winger?

Daniel Cohn-Bendit’s the man.

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Decent player mind

76toonarmydownsouth // Dec 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Ancient @ 53
    Wow talk about hearsay and getting your facts wrong!!!!
    “That’s it I’m off”…. For the night mate, not to put in a transfer request ffs!
    And those WHU fans you speak of, the ones he wouldn’t sign autographs for, that’s because it was during a dinner when the players were instructed by management not to, several players where then insulted racially, this was in the summer btw, a massive contributor to his decision to leave WHU
    It really couldn’t if been a Xmas meal seeing as he signed in late January and left in the summer
    Honestly mate who ever you heard that of throwing out more sh*t than a muck spreader

• Big Pappa Cissé

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Would rather have Marko Marin .

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM

way to bed
    how mamy fellow bloggers collected panini stickers…….
    great article on:

on the Panini brothers and their sticker cards – last brother just passed away

• Spoof

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM

TADS

” current contract expires at the end of the season”!!, in all honesty, if it didn’t start with those words would you believe the article, Ashley spending money ?, I think we both know better lol !

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Spoof
    Lol! Good point mate!
    Much more realistic than toon linked with £12 million winger!

• jimmysmith

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM

That training facility upgrade sounds truly great, but it does seem to indicate quite clearly that Ashley will only invest if he in turn quite clearly sees a return on his spend. Which is astute of course, but doesn’t exactly set the pulses racing. Sensible Newcastle – no one can actually quite believe it, nor really wants to.

• Spoof

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:15 PM

BPC

I have heard a few people mention Marin, I hate to admit it but I have never seen him play, all I know is that he is a left winger, could you fill me in about him, is he quick or dribbly, direct or a passer, can he play more than left wing, and importantly would he be of a standard who would come to us or would he be a CL only type of player, and more importantly again is he cheap enough for our most benevolent owner to bring him on board

• Ciaran

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Letch

The name switch was clever, picking a woman’s name to replace my own was ever so original.

As for who we might be after in the Jan window? I’d be surprised if we signed the 2 players we need. Would be more surprised if no one left the club in Jan.

• Spoof

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM

tads

when it comes to links to possible incoming transfers we have to thank Mike Ashley as he has made it easy for us to cut the wheat from the chaff, if the player in question has a long time left on his contract or is aged 28 or older then it’s chaff, if he is younger and/or in the last year of his contract then it’s wheat, it’s saved me countless hours reading about our alleged interest in certain players who we all know do not fit the criteria, that is possibly his only saving grace lol.

• jayphoto

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Aaron Hunt isn’t a bad shout! Works hard on the pitch and has good technical ability! Quite an aggressive player too though remember him in trouble for racism a while back?
    Hes one of those players that was expected to reach world class heights and didn’t quite fulfil the expectations!
    His grandad was a geordie too, maybe a bit of black n white blood filtered down?

• Big Pappa Cissé

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM

@ Spoof

Low centre of gravity, skilful similar to Messi in the way he moves and was once branded the “German Messi” before he was ruined sitting on Chelsea’s bench .

• Spoof

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Ciaran, I’ve made a post on your own site about Colo regarding the request about giving him a few games and look for the faults which I mentioned and also about the discussion we had about having some muscle in the side, have you had any thoughts based on what we are now seeing with our team ?

• Spoof

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM

BPC.

cheers m8, I will have to start looking out for him, however is he a realistic target for us, or would Tom Ince at Blackpool be more realistic, I do apologise as I am totally ignorant about Marin.

• JAMSHA

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM

would take this lad an replace with obertan or shola wen his contract runs out.. has amazing pace as well

• Spoof

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM

BPC

I have just had a quick look at Marin on transfer markt, they value him at £5.3m, I accept that those figures are at times way out but it can be a useful guideline, I also see that on average he gets approx 5 goals and 10 assists per season which is a good record and being with Sevilla we could be tempting for him, he sounds a good shout, but does Carr and Pardew feel the same ?

• JAMSHA

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM

• Ciaran

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Spoof

I actually replied to you but I can answer you here if you’d prefer?

I said that you seem to have called it pretty well with the physicality of Tiote, I must admit that I did not think he would find form again, but not only is he finding form, he is picking better options when on the ball, he is not dawdling or panicking. He is not lunging into tackles and if he can continue his recent form for an entire season I will gladly write a massive apology article for the lad.

Sissoko has shown in the last couple of games that he is more than capable but we need to see it consistently from him, he was anonymous up until the last 2 games where he was excellent. Hope he keeps it up.

I must agree that Colo’s time at the club seems to be coming to an end, although where you and I disagree is while you never thought he was a good defender, I reckon he was one of the finest centre halves we have had in years, but now I must agree that his place in the team must now be questioned and given how he is pining for a move back home, it would be best for all parties to simply let him go.

• Chris

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:17 AM

TADS @3

76toonarmydownsouth // Dec 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Ancient @ 53
    Wow talk about hearsay and getting your facts wrong!!!!
    “That’s it I’m off”…. For the night mate, not to put in a transfer request ffs!

—————————————

Fair enough, although it wasn’t just Ancientcoptic who got his facts wrong – the main culprit was Sports Direct News, because they got their French translation completely wrong. Demba Ba didn’t actually say “I’m off” – what he said, in French, was “Je n’y arrive pas” which translates as “I can’t do it” (by which he obviously meant “I can’t go/don’t want to go to nightclubs any more”)

Here’s a link to the original French article if anyone wants to check it:

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I hope we do get a stiker and a young winger on the verge of the first team after getting shot of Marveaux and Obertan, personally I don’t think we’ll be able to get rid of either as nobody will pay them more than we are currently paying them and they’re entitled to see out their contracts, unfortunately it will probably affect our bringing in upgrades while they are still here, people can say what they want about Matv not being given enough chances, he has been given a few and very rarely delivered, his training obviously isn’t good enough either or he would be in contention for the bench.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Mr Tuff,
    Good morning, I have downloaded a site called Express VPN at $ 12.95 a month, I was like a kid in a sweetie shop last night when BBC i player came on, MOTD was selected, the theme tune and Linekers smary face, then it went into the slowest stream I have ever seen in my life before packing in and saying it can’t work on this signal strength, the hotel wi-fi is pretty shit, at least I can get You tube, but couldn’t find the goals, some joker had put on ten minutes of highlights but all that came on was MUFC 1963. 🙁

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Jasper,
    If you are about, cheers for the info, I tried getting the Expat version but it wouldn’t let me on the site, I think I’ll download it before I come back out next month.

• Spoof

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Ciaran, sorry m8 but I can’t find your reply on your site, never mind no harm done, as for my thoughts on what we needed as a team it does appear as if I was pretty much spot on, but as far as upgrades go I feel we do both agree, bollocks to how brilliant some are making them out to be, that as we both no is rubbish, they just happen to be better than anyone else we have for the same job.
    By the way I had Man City to win the league, if not for Arsenal’s impressive start I would say that is on the cards, and I also said Palace and Fulham to go down and I had a bet at 5/1 with the sad bunch down the road to join them, they are now odds on, I only wish I had had an accumulator with the 3 to go down and City to win the league, it would look a decent shout as it stands now, but there’s a long way to go.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Spoof,
    Do you think our illustrious owner will prove us wrong in January and spend a few quid, at least on the very rare occasion he does prove us wrong it does the fans and the team good, unlike those that worship him, when they are constantly proved wrong it only brings sadness and pain.

• Mister Tuff

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:11 AM

jail -bit of a sickener -organising the VPN account -then getting poor results because of the weak WiFi signal. There are quite a few expat blogs in Hong Kong where there is a lot of chat about VPN issues but if you’ve got a crap signal -to put it mildly you’re shagged. Get yourself into the office where the router is and connect up with an ethernet cable?

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Mr Tuff,
    I had my own office until Monday when all the big wigs from Aberdeen turned up and moved me in with the common folk, now I’m comfy here I won’t get my own office back, although I might get away with it on a Sunday morning when there’s not to many about 🙂

• Santon03

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:55 AM

Not sure that Aaron Hunt is good enough, I used to watch Bremen a lot 2 years ago maybe now he has become much better player.
    Why do we need another winger? We still have HBA, Marv, Obertan, Sammy, Jonas and Gouffran.
    Unless we are planning to sell 2 players, I can’t see any use buying another one, even if you are planning to rotate 7 players for 2 positions are just impossible.
    I can only think of 1 position that we need to buy another player, that is a striker because we only have Campbell as next generation striker after Remy, definitely can’t rely on Cisse.
    Still have good potential youngsters for other positions like Vuckic, Streete, Fergie, Bigi, Sammy, Dummet. I would rather give them some games as subs to show what they can do rather than judging them not ready before given a chance. They might surprise us.

• jimmysmith

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:04 AM

I think Pards fancies hard running wingers. So do I. I’d swap Benny, Jonas, Obertan and Marv for James Milner in a heartbeat, given the chance. I’d have Aaron Hunt too and that’d still give leave us two vacant squad numbers to fill. Feel free to go ahead and do that Mike, and don’t mention it.

• cyprus

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Ciaran, good to see you accept you were wrong regarding Tiote. My mea culpa is Shola! I await for Obertan and Saylor to prove me wrong now.

• cyprus

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Jimmy,
    you are kidding right? Given up on some real good players there, for another team’s sub. My guess is 7-8 mill would buy him back.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Would probably fit much better into the style SOTON play! Might just be another player wasted here.

Wonder if we are going to be linked to every player out of contract 😉 lol

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Cyprus…I don’t think Ruddy was wrong about Tiote. He was by far our worse player last season and one of the main reasons for our bad season.

He been great so far this season, but to be fair this is the kind of performance I except of him if he is to stay here!

• Santon03

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Jonas not hardworking winger?

I haven’t seen Scott Sinclair since he moved to City, he might be a good buy if we sell Ober and Marv.

I think we still need Jonas at some point.

• Santon03

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:57 AM

We also have Raylor who can play as winger or right midfield. Good crosser and great set piece.

• lesh

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:59 AM

Ciaaran @10…….. touche!

• lesh

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:05 AM

@36……. ¥ Ciaaran should have read Ciaran.

Apologies C

• I-Am-Ahab

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Buhbye Fab & Jonas… Time for some young blood to get a chance… I read that Blackpool want to keep Gosling… Trade for Ince? Get Curtis Good fit and give him a crack off the bench….

• John Tudor

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:38 AM

if only more people were civil there would be more respect

• I-Am-Ahab

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Can anyone on here give more reasons as to why Marv doesn’t get any game time?