The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

I Have To Say Thank You To The Fans

9:15 am, Friday, December 6th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 8 Comments

All the fuss over what Fab Coloccini said in the Argentine press a week or so ago,  turns out to be nothing more than a regurgitated story that dates back to last January, when Coloccini wanted to return to the Argentine to be with his family.

fabricio coloccini 1

Fabricio Coloccini - committed to Newcastle

Fabricio has recently returned to the side, and his experience is welcomed at the back for Newcastle, and in June he said he was committed to Newcastle this season, and Colo’s always been a man of his word.

This is what Colo said in the Shields Gazette today, in what is an exclusive from the local newspaper:

“It’s nothing – it’s old news,” “The press sometimes say things I said months ago, not now.”  “I respect the fans.”

“When I go on to the pitch, I always give 100% for this shirt because they give me lots of love, and I have to say thank you.”

And there were stories circulated over the weekend about his wife and some of her tweets, but call us old-fashioned, but that seemed to pry too much into the personal challenges the Colo family are currently facing, and it seemed to us a little inappropriate that it was reported.

The Newcastle captain is facing some personal problems, no doubt, and the fact he has played so well this season is a statement of his professionalism.

But we also don’t know what happens in the summer,  and maybe even Colo doesn’t even know that either.

All being well we’d like to see Colo  see out his contract at Newcastle which runs through the summer of 2016.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Fabricio Coloccini · Newcastle News · Premier League

8 responses so far ↓

• 1 Our Toon // Dec 6, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Hatem

We play to counter teams threat rather than concentrate on strengths (especially when we take the lead)

I’ll go back on what I said earlier “colo ahead of willo” seeing as the majority believe Willo to be the better of the 2 would be interesting to see how he copes with the threat of Welbeck/RVP and Hernandez, One thing both Hernandez and RVP have is excellent movement and one thing Willo is limited in is movement!! I honestly think that if Willo starts tomorrow he will get found out and when he does the majority on here will turn on him (bit like last season where he stood trying to play offside and they scored what turned out to be the winner) we conceded 4 that day

• 2 asenski // Dec 6, 2013 at 9:22 AM

i missed the game on wednesday but can i ask you guys why pardew subbed willo ? if it was only to give him a rest , I am affraid that willo starts at old traford

• 3 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 6, 2013 at 9:24 AM

NUFC have lost every odd away game this season and won every even away game. Lost against City, Everton, Mackems and Swansea. Won against Villa, Cardiff and Spurs. So there is hope.

• 4 Our Toon // Dec 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Asenki

I think he subbed him to rest him up for game tomorrow but also because he just didn’t have the pace for their counter attacks

• 5 bishopblaize // Dec 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM

The Swansea game was always gonna be one of the harder tests for us, coming off a weekend tie @ home.

We haven’t had to do much of them this season BUT Swansea have (they preparing for League, Cup n Europa)

AND we couldn’t take advantage of! Same old .. WHY?

Anyway – Man Utd a cert :) HwTl

• 6 Transfer Sage // Dec 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I still think we need to go for mbiwa and willo.

We need a CB good in the air for long balls or for set piece defending.

We also need pace, which mbiwa has.

for me they are the only two we should be playing, I appreciate some will disagree, but i think that’s whats best for us

• 7 lesh // Dec 6, 2013 at 9:04 PM

There are obviously problems with Colo but he clearly does have a problem.

For goodness sake, what is it with people, in this instance Mrs Colo, who go out of their way to publicise their personal problems on Twitter?

• 8 Shadow_Shearer // Dec 7, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I’d rather have colo playing Def mid than central mid as he is to slow now but can still read a game. But Pardew doesn’t have da balls or da brains 2 think of anything like that. Same with moving Santon to right wing rather than sissoko. Him and Debuchy could work well together. At least HBA will play upfront rather than wing, not cause Pardew thought it would be a good idea but his lack of tracking back.

previous post: This is An Area Newcastle Must Improve