The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Newcastle Player Has Improved A Lot On Tyneside

12:40 pm, Monday, December 9th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 14 Comments

With Yohan Cabaye in the news after scoring the great winner against Manchester United on Saturday, the Newcastle midfielder is being interviewed in the foreign press, and as usual he is being asked some leading questions.

Yohan Cabaye scores against ManU_3047906

Yohan Cabaye – after scoring the winner at Old Trafford

This is what Yohan told BeIN Sport, when asked if there had been any contact with PSG:

“Contact with PSG? Not to my knowledge.” “‘I know that in January the rumors will start all over again. I’d like to know who does not want to play for Paris Saint-Germain today?”

“I feel great, confident, especially compared to last season.” “It was the first time in my career I played to avoid relegation.”  “This season we are well placed, we have taken points.”

“I feel very good, I want it to be a big season, to try to finish as high as possible while thinking about the World Cup next summer.”

Yohan has improved a lot since he arrived on Tyneside just over two years ago, and he has become a French International regular, and that’s because he is playing in one of the vest football leagues in the world.

France is not a top league which is why a lot of French players move elsewhere, and at the moment the French league us rated number six in Europe with England rated number two behind Spain,  , although the Premier League is the most competitive of any league in the world.

So before Yohan thinks of leaving Newcastle, if in fact he is, he should think of how well he has done on Tyneside in a short thirty months – and think what kind of player he could be if he stays on Tyneside in another thirty months.

Yohan has so far played 87 times with 14 goals and 15 assists while on Tyneside – a good return for Newcastle United.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours · Yohan Cabaye

14 responses so far ↓

• 1 jayphoto // Dec 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM

@TS – theres no way Pardew would have the balls to throw a player like Deulefeu into our first team! Even if he was a toon player outright doubt pardew would use him because of his lack of physical presence!
    Think we’re favourites to take Zaha in loan with the option to buy in january tho, be a good move for us, hes got alot of potential!
    I’ve got a feeling that HBA is gone in january, most likely arranged already! Rumour in france is to Liverpool! Its interesting hes not in the first team in a WC year that he desperately wants to play in yet hes not being disruptive and is laughing and joking from the bench….

• 2 G // Dec 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Playing in one of the vest league’s in the world eh Ed? That’s pants spelling (sorry, I’ll get my coat)

• 3 AndyNUFC // Dec 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Jayphoto – deulofeu, like Ben Arfa, would be judged on input to a team effort.

He won’t be off to Liverpool though, he’s stated PSG is his boyhood team, fancies the move and in his time ‘recuperating’ over there he most likely is conducting a deal with his agents to make it happen. I can imagine a rich club in France would want a highly rated homegrown star in January before they need to prove themselves for a world cup – he would absolutely shine there.

• 4 Transfer Sage // Dec 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM

jay

I don’t know, we have used marv at times, sammy, both players not massively physical…and delefou is much bigger/stronger than say campbell who isn’t trusted. But i think you’d be right. Martinez has been much better than i thought, but he has 3 key men on loan…lukaku, delefou and barry…do well to keep even one of them next year.

I think ben arfa just accepts he wont be playing for france no matter how well he does for us, so why complain.

On zaha, decent player but i’m not a huge fan of his, think he was massively overrated…good but not a world beater as the media made out. I think regular football could help him though, that’s what he needs.

• 5 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 9, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Jay

To LFC, would he get there ahead of Moses, Coutinho?

He may well be away, liverpool does not make sense for him atleast.

• 6 Our Toon // Dec 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM

HD

Moses can’t even get into there team and Sterling has fallen out of favor but still preferred ahead of Moses now Sturridge is injured!!

• 7 jayphoto // Dec 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM

@tS – yea martinez has impressed me too!
    I didn’t rate him particularly at Wigan but Everton are alot better side than last season without really breaking the bank! hes rejuvenated Barry, and McCarthy looks a top player, not to mention Barkley wasnt anywhere near the first team under moyes and looks a huge prospect!
    Saying that, im not sure they’re anywhere near as good without Lukaku whos possibly a 25m player that everton will never be able to afford!
    Thing im liking about martinez is his bravery in decisions! Be it to attack against the top teams or trusting youngsters to come in and play

• 8 rwpoynter // Dec 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Following Alex Ferguson was the sort of job most people would have avoided. The chances of anyone succeeding at his level is very small anyway after that record. There is inevitably going to be a transition period when expectations are going to be too high. For those of us who remember the last icon there, Matt Busby, who saw them through the post Munich period and won the European Cup as it was then in 1968, there were a succession of managers Wilf McGuinness, Tommy Docherty,Frank O’Farrell, Dave Sexton, Ron Atkinson and Man Utd were in that time relegated to the old second division and then came along a completely unknown quantity in Ferguson. He didn’t turn it around overnight, but as with Pardew, he showed with some belief he could do a good job. The rest is history. Discard David Moyes now, and there will be few takers for that hornet’s nest. Personally , I think the sooner Ferguson disappears from Old Trafford for good,the better, because no new manager will relish him there.

• 9 Shola Pure Legend // Dec 9, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Playing in vests in the vest league in ze world. A wee bit french that like.

• 10 ethiomag // Dec 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM

transfer sage
    how about marvin martin from Lille as cabaye replacement,he is currently out of picture there.besides Gomis ‘ll b great aquisition,he look sharp on sunday.if not i recomend mousa sow or that icelandic hitman

• 11 lesh // Dec 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM

G: if you’ve nowt better to do than check Ed’s grammar, well, pity help you.

Get a grip man!

• 12 lesh // Dec 9, 2013 at 7:38 PM

And, if Cabaye’d like to know who does not want to play for Paris Saint-Germain, then one must assume he does.

As far as HBA to the bindippers is concerned, surely not..

• 13 Sgt. Heagerty // Dec 10, 2013 at 5:14 AM

Alot of people have seen to take to my post man ure speech so I will repost in case any have missed it.

I have been a regular on this blog for 6 years now, since I first discovered it in a hospital in Germany after getting blown up for the last time in my army career….I have been a newcastle supporter since a young Iraqi kid I met on patrol in Baghdad who was wearing an Allen shearer strip told me all about the legend and newcastle united and the greatest supporters in the world the toon army. ( Ed did a story on me back in 2009 if you care to hear the whole story I’m sure it’s in archives) my point is I am an American from little rock arkansas who has been in love with newcastle and the Geordies for ten years and in those ten years I’ve seen the ups and down, mostly downs… Lol but hey that’s the toon and it makes the ups that more special…. I didn’t marry newcastle for the trophies lol…. I know there are lads on here who live on tyneside and have spent 30 or 40 years following the toon, and new fans just in the courting fase wih newcastle from all walks of life and all parts of the globe… I used to post on here everyday but now I mostly just read eds greats stories because I can’t take the Man U like fans that come on this site, right now everyone is soaring and rightly so I’m 30,000 feet me self!!! But go back and read the comments from the match on Saturday…in the first half you had dummies calling for the gaffers head, bashing colo our flipping capo and one of the most consistent players we have bad since the drop, you had some horrible stuff being said about our lads who were bleeding black and white at old trafford and spilled their guts for a glorious 3 points that was worth 41!!!!! The point behind all this is criticism is fine and getting upset is expected during rough patches, but there is a line… Some of you lads need to take a long look in the mirror and remember what makes are club so special that a dumb ya I infantryman instantly fell in love wih it at first sight!!!! It wasn’t just sir bobby, or shearer, or the blue collar roll up your sleeves attitude of not only the team but the city, the people the supporters, mixed with the flair of ginola, tino, the class of shearer and wor Jackie…. The fire of Keegan and the entertainers!!!! Man it was combination of it all that goes in a pot and makes a Geordie stew so strong and potent and intoxicating (and lethal to mackems) that a dirt floor poor kid like myself thought, man, this is what a football club is suppose to be!!!! So lads please just think about some of what I’ve written and maybe take a trip down memory lane yourself and remember what it means to be a Geordie. Ever wonder why players like Carroll and ba can be giant slayers in the black and white and utter rubbage anywhere else, there is just something special about newcastle united that you can’t even whisper a word for what it is for fear of losing it!!!! Howay the lads!!!!

• 14 Sgt. Heagerty // Dec 10, 2013 at 5:20 AM

I think there is quite a bit of through to that interview…. I think last year took a toll on cabs if I’m honest and for a lad who is used to competing for titles in France not playing to avoid the drop and with the shananigans and horrible summer window from our owner he probably thought like the rest of us that this season may be more of the same when we got started…. I think he was down and got his head turned by Vanger the biggest hypocrit who is the first to cry foul if somebody does something to arsenal, but he waits until the day before the season opens to rattle cabs in hopes we would rid ourselves of the trouble and let him to on the cheap… He is as bad as the bloody bindippers!!!! I think now that cabs sees we have a squad fit to compete and we have something to play for and how well he is doing with France he will at least see the season out!!!

previous post: Newcastle Player Grew Up Dreaming Of Games Like Saturday’s