The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

It’s All Good At Newcastle – There Are No Issues

10:26 am, Tuesday, December 10th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 34 Comments

Mathieu Debuchy is becoming a great player this season for Newcastle, and he is fast becoming one of the best right backs in the English Premier League.

Mathieu Debuchy against Leeds

Mathieu Debuchy – one of the best right-backs in the Premier League

The French International had another good game at Old Trafford on Saturday, and is behind only Cheick Tiote in our Man of the Match poll.

Debuchy talked about the spirit in the dressing room today:

“It’s true that in the dressing room we talk a lot of French.We have a big group of French people.” “But we try to avoid staying together all of the time.” “We aim to speak in English with the other foreigners and the English players.”

“It’s all good – there are no issues.” “Remy can bring a lot of things to us.” “He’s a fast-paced player who can run through defenses.”

“He has a good balance with the ball and is clinical in front of goal.” “Since he joined Newcastle he’s given great things to us.” “I think he would give a lot to the French national team.”

It would be great if Newcastle can somehow persuade Loic Remy to sign for us in January, and not wait until the summer, and of course if we are high up in the league table come January, that will only help.

The permanent signing of Loic Remy would give Newcastle a big boost, and hopefully we can bring two or three more players into the squad next month.

That would be great.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Loan Moves · Loic Remy · Mathieu Debuchy · Newcastle News · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours

34 responses so far ↓

• 1 Our Toon // Dec 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Yo-Yo

Things went wrong from day 1 last season, Ba came out and stated he didn’t want to play on the wing so rotated with Cisse which I firmly believe destroyed Papiss ‘s confidence, the manager buckled to the demands of a player who had a clause in his contract and could have been off at any point in either window, we never even tried to renegotiate Ba’s contract which I find astounding, the reason 4-2-3-1 didn’t work is down to Cisse unfortunately, the lad doesn’t bring much to a team unless he is scoring but Remy’s play overall is better. Give pards credit for changing though & also I give him credit for coming out & saying that he got it wrong as a manager (first time he’s actually come out with a viable reason) he’s the best we can hope for under the current regime though!!

Cestriasteve – I know Pards won’t get it right all the time but what annoys me is the bitterness afterwards, he finds reasons to blame the defeat on all other things except his inept tactics. Credit to him though he did change it and rightly so gets praised for it, but just as he gets it wrong he is rightly castigated for it. It’s a shame you had to walk out of that game last season, this also highlights just how bad things were last season though.

Fergie will never return to management because Man Utd can compete financially with other clubs and he knows this, he retired just in time to keep his domestic record intact!! Debate is healthy on this blog as there are times where I’m reminded of things I have missed when making judgements. My opinions do change and that is down to fellow supporters who have strong cases to make to justify their opinions but a small minority are just deluded. Every man and his dog could see how horribly wrong Pards got it against Swansea so he had to change it up but Anita, Cabs and Tiote are definitely the way forward as most games will be won and lost in that area of the pitch, he now needs to learn to react to a situation during the game.

• 2 jayphoto // Dec 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Didn’t rate Debuchy in france and didn’t expect him to be a success at newcastle! Delighted to see i’m wrong though, hes fast becoming the best right back ive seen at nufc! (Before that it was Habib Beye who for however mad he was once he left us was a quality right back for us!)

• 3 martoon // Dec 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Jayphoto @2 – I would agree about Right Back although it maybe before your time but David Craig was probably the best before Beye.
    Off topic who would have thought it 2 Newcastle CB’s in Garth Crooks team of the week

• 4 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM

most likely one of the few who have liked Iron Mike since he came yes he has had some ‘mares’- not the best most gifted ‘footballer’ but puts his head in where it hurts and keeps it simple – maybe Steven taylor could learn a few lessons from him.

best Debuchy moment Saturday -
    Mike Williamson interception when it bounced of his boot into he air two yards in front of goal and Debuchy cushion heads it back to Krul

• 5 cyprus // Dec 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Our back four, paradoxically despite the occasional spanking, is looking pretty good. Our best ever? That’s maybe too much but in truth we haven’t ever been outstanding in that area.

• 6 cyprus // Dec 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I’d love to see a proper ‘partnership’ up front! Maybe I’m a bit old fashioned, it’s generally 1 these days.

• 7 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM

cyprus
    Said the same last week if we could find someone up front to partner Remy- Like the ‘Sir’ Les and Shearer partnership – both big strong good in the air could shoot hold the ball up dribble pass and score goals – what more could you ask for.

Maybe that is why they are still looking at getting Gomis – don’t know much about him.

• 8 ilovetoon8788 // Dec 10, 2013 at 11:15 AM

He IS the best right back in the league based on statistics.

And i’d trade him for no one.

• 9 AmericanMagpie // Dec 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM

He has definitely improved greatly. I remember him not looking the part for a long time when he first arrived.

• 10 Slank // Dec 10, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I believe the moment Debuchy became a top class defender was when Sissoko, and not Ben Arfa, was alongside him on the wing. He knows that if he can get forward Sissoko will be there or thereabouts to cover his forward runs and / or Tiote.

• 11 Slank // Dec 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Charlie @ 4

Yep, that was pretty cool nodding it back to Krul especially as he had a forward on his back.

To me one of the highlights of recent games was the legal shoulder barge by Sissoko. I would like to see more of that from him as there can’t be many opposition players big and strong enough to withstand a full force Sissoko.

• 12 70TWO // Dec 10, 2013 at 11:57 AM

martoon

Surprised a Stoke CD didn’t get in as I thought our good defense was more due to 2 holding midfielders. But Williamson has best performance rating of any from either club.

• 13 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM

What I have noticed a lot, sing barca got a thrashing off bayern munich is that the love for tika taka is dying out. spain no longe favourites for major tournaments, barca not favourite for champions league…and other styles, quicker paced are praised.

I always found the barca style very very impressive but even a 5-0 win wasn’t particularly enthralling.

I think there has been a lot of variety in formations in teams not just in the prem, but around europe…433 isn’t the ‘best’ or only way to play these days. Liverpool have success with suarez and sturridge up top. Man utd go for rooney and rvp, arsenal and chelsea just use the one to decent effect.

This is shaping up to be the best prem league season for a long long time.

• 14 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Slank
    Could have a top ten of cool moments
    I’ll add Mbiwa off the line clearance at the spuds

• 15 Our Toon // Dec 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Cool Moments….When Ben Arfa annoyed David Moyes on Saturday at Mau Utd throw in, they tried to take it quick and Benny would let Moyes throw the ball back!!

• 16 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Out Toon
    Cool moments the lads playing piggy in the middle head tennis with Nanni I think it was him

• 17 Toon Tang // Dec 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM

cool moments – sissoko shoulder charge on ridgewell

• 18 Our Toon // Dec 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Haha yeah I think it was Tiote and Cabaye

• 19 Our Toon // Dec 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM

playing piggy in the middle, Sissoko was a beast against Ridgewell

• 20 DokToon // Dec 10, 2013 at 12:35 PM

best moment.. seeing the stands empty, except for our supporters singing their hearts out, with the scoreboard reading 1-0 toon :)

• 21 Toon Tang // Dec 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM

doktoon . amen to that brother hahah

• 22 Toon Tang // Dec 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM

cool moments – ameobis little flick/turn to get the attack started before gouffrans goal v norwich

• 23 DokToon // Dec 10, 2013 at 12:44 PM

when cabs scored that goal, i woke my neighbors up, they asked me later that afternoon what happened and was everything alright, i said all was right in the world :)

• 24 Transfer Sage // Dec 10, 2013 at 12:54 PM

dok

you’ll have to start screaming touchdown….might convince them everything is ok and not to call the police haha.

• 25 DokToon // Dec 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM

TS,

very true, my neighbors have no clue when it comes to nufc, but over the years theyve grown accustomed to me yelling early on saturday or sunday mornings… their house is about 20 feet from mine lol….

• 26 Our Toon // Dec 10, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Repost from earlier:

I’ll repeat what my sentiments were yesterday seeing as Tequila etc. think pards is doing a fantastic job. We are in exactly the position we should be at come the end of the season, no surprises there….the only reason CERTAIN fans are getting carried away is because they are comparing us to last year. Last year Pards (the 2nd coming for some on here now) got it horribly wrong with his tactics, his negligence had us fighting relegation. This season We’ve won against Man Utd (worst MU team we’ve in a long time) got lucky against Spurs (thank you Krul) and played well against Chelsea but why are some hiding behind those results to justify how good pards is? We lost to Hull at home and lost to the Scum bottom of the league and recently lost to striker-less Swansea 3rd game in 6 days, let’s have some realism!!

I know CERTAIN individuals will refer to me as a negger but I believe in realism and I feel what I’m seeing is realistic, I wish I could be as deluded as some. Ask yourself before praising Pards….is this a top 7 side? If not then who is better? He’s performing on par for what is expected of this team, we aren’t in the top 4 if we were then by all means jump on the bandwagon and praise the man for overachieving. He’s done a good job so far but has achieved exactly what is expected from us. We all have differnet expectations from our team for this season but as great as results are against teams that should be competing in top 4 we are dropping points against the lesser sides. I managed to give pards credit for Saturday because he played the formation which was required against Swansea 4-2-3-1 works so much better because we have Remy up top rather than Cisse, I credited pards for the 1st season where we certainly did over achieve, but last year I rightly had a go at him because we underachieved (massively) and this year we are on par for what the squad should achieve that’s called being realistic and not a negger perspective!! So the delusional bunch are we a top 7 side?

• 27 DokToon // Dec 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM

our toon,

im just enjoying the ride, team is in great form right now, especially after how rough last season was…. take a deep breath and enjoy… were nowhere near relegation (knock on wood), mackems are going down, we beat manure, and the sun is shining, birds are chirping and god is in his heaven and alls right int he world :)

• 28 tequilamag // Dec 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Our Toon if we are exactly where we should be why were you not forecasting that we would be 7th at the start of the season ?
    For the record I have never used the term “neggar”.
    I can think of a few other adjectives that suit though.

• 29 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Debuchy fast becoming my favourite NUFC player, and if he keeps this up one of our best ever right backs .

Can’t believe some people were wanting Simmo back on here :) .

I always said judge him after a year and in the space of 11 months he is in the top 3 right backs in the league with Zabaleta & Ivanovic .

• 30 martoon // Dec 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Our Toon – I love the way you are realistic and everybody else is deluded :) We all know there are still some deep rooted problems within the club and there are better managers than Pardew but most of us are just trying to enjoy this good spell while it lasts. If 7th is the position you would expect then presumably when TDSarf checks our early season predictions that will be yours?

• 31 Our Toon // Dec 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Tequila,

You know that a lot of what I said stems from yesterday’s debate, you are very staunch in your support for AP which is good because not many are, however I asked for some AP bandwagon fans to take a step back and be realistic, do you think we shouldn’t be in top 7th – 9th finish this season with the squad we have? You haven’t answered my question, a bit like yesterday when you tried to justify AP being a better manager than AVB, but then couldn’t back you argument up so sidestepped the question

By all means have a check and get TDS to check (can’t remember if I was on the blog at the point of predictions) I certainly didn’t make a prediction but how many of those ppl that made predictions based their forecasts on the manager rather than the squad?

I think the majority on here have stated that this is the best squad we’ve had since Sir Bobby Robson’s time. The realism I called for Martoon had a lot to do with certain individuals coming out & praising AP for the fantastic job he’s doing, I’m just pointing out that we are on par performance wise & in league table for where a squad like ours should be, I did praise him for Saturday just as I crucified him for Wednesday when he could and should have changed it within 20mins/25mins. Certain individuals hid behind Shelvey head-butt/none head-butt and referee decisions for the loss, refusing to blame AP because of their love for mediocrity (AP), the realism I ask for is don’t be afraid to criticise when he gets it horribly wrong (you won’t be a negger)!! Spurs, Chelsea & Man Utd fantastic results, losing to Hull, Sunderland & Striker-less Swansea bad results.

• 32 tequilamag // Dec 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Our Toon If you think we are at the level in the league we should be then just what is your issue with Pardew?
    Seems to me you are having a twist because you have an agenda.

• 33 Cool Hand Luke // Dec 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM

RE Sissoko, there was a photo of him with Ashley Cole alongside posted, he made Cole look like a little boy, the guys a tank!

• 34 Constanstine // Dec 11, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Our Toon,

I’m pretty much sure all of us would agree that Pardew isn’t among the top tactical manager but I’d rate him as one of the best in terms of man management. It may seem legit based on statistic to say that the team has done a lot and AP has little to do with all the success but that is where you are wrong. If that’s the way you rate a manager then Pep Guardiola is probably the worst manager on this planet. I know how frustrating AP can be but looking back on the other options last time, Jol, Oneil, Curbishlet .. I’d take AP anyday.

previous post: Newcastle Top Youngster To Go On Loan Next Month