Pardew – I Tried To Bring This Player To Newcastle

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew was interested in bringing Adam Lallana, his former player at Southampton, to Newcastle over a year ago, but now with Lallana starring in the Premier League for the Saints and an England International, the opportunity to sign the player has gone – and he’s now just too expensive for the Magpies.

Adam Lallana _2807988

Adam Lallana – Newcastle were interested in the player

Lallana is an attacking central midfielder and has loads of skill, and he’s been outstanding for Southampton in the Premier League.

In his press conference yesterday Alan Pardew talked about a number of Southampton players he had while he managed the south coast club for 13 months, and Lallana was their best player even then:

“Obviously, Rickie Lambert I know, and Morgan Schneiderlin and Adam Lallana, who is their best player at the moment,”

“Not many people mention him, but he is the one player I fear out of their group.” “He’s somebody I’ve tried to bring here.”

“It’s someone we’re going to have to keep an eye out for.”

So it seems Adam is the danger man for Southampton and maybe somebody like the (very) in-form Cheick Tiote will have orders to mark the Southampton captain.

We’ve always thought the Saints have been extremely good this season, and new Argentine manager Mauricio Pochettino has done an excellent job since he took over the side from the sacked Nigel Adkins last January.

It will be no doubt be a tough test tomorrow against a very good side.

Note: South Shields local artist Robert Olley has a new painting out called “Derby Day Home” and it can be personalized so that any surname can be put on the striker’s shirt – the one scoring the goal – take a look.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:06 AM

If he was French and in the last year of his contact he’d be here now.

• Scottiedog

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM

FAO Ed – This blog keeps trying to put some really dodgy apps on my Android phone!!!!!?????? Can you look into seeing if this site is hacked

• Scottiedog

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I think we will start pretty much as we did last week except Benny in for Cabaye. 2-1 win …….. hopefully ………

• estechco

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Scottiedog – Set your browser to load the desktop version (via user string) will probably help?

Or try another browser. I use Dolphin and it’s fine in desktop mode

• TheToonKing

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Yes, same for me Scottie. Was planning to email Ed about it. The site is becoming unusable on Android.

• county down magpie

Dec 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Ive not found any problems when im on on the mobile theme and using my android phone. When I land on the desktop version I get bombarded with shiite. Ed, you need to do a system check pal see if you’ve been hacked.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Dec 14, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Now Mr Pardew, i don,t wish to know about the players that the club tried to sign?

The info is,nt really interesting, is it?

If we list all the players we have tried to sign, then that list would of names would be very big now would,nt it?

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Dec 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM

@2:

Know what you mean, had the same problems with my I-phone recently!