Coloccini Hints He’ll See Out His Contract at Newcastle

There’s some good comments coming from Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini, who has hinted he could see out the next two and a half years of his con tract on Tyneside.

Fabricio Coloccini mike Williamosn Southampton+SMQ81_yjnnil

Fab Coloccini and Mike Williamson on Saturday

This is what Colo has said in the Daily Star today:

“At the beginning of the year, due to some personal problems, I had the chance to return to Argentina.” “It was spoken about playing in San Lorenzo because I support that team.”

“I am currently very happy at Newcastle – I have three more years on my contract.” “While I keep on being useful for my team on the pitch, I will keep on playing.”

“I am currently very happy at Newcastle – I have three more years on my contract”

Well, there you have it, Colo is very happy on Tyneside, and he has a contract that runs though the summer of 2016, and we could see the Newcastle captain see out that contract.

That would be great.

For the record Colo has so far played 197 times for Newcastle with five goals and he’s been the captain ever since Kevin Nolan left in the summer of 2011.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• jimmysmith

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Collocini hints that he’s gaining the upper hand in domestic politics.

• Graeme

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I’m sure he is very happy indeed. he’s on a substantial salary, yet isnt delivering the good the way M’biwa is. The problem is he is rapidly becoming not good enough to be a 1st team starter. The starting pair, on merit would be Mbiwa and Williamson – they complement each other and would seem to work very well together.

• NOVA2967

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Collo hasn’t been at his best so far. Decent but not the player we are used to. I think Yanga and Willo is our best partnership. The goal against southampton proved that with no pace between the two.

• swemag

Dec 16, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Hmm..wonder how Spurs fans are doing.

Exactly how much did thy invest in that squad? Was that all the Bale money gone in one window? For their sake I hope it is like our French signings in January, they just need time to settle.

Or was Bale really that good? He left and that was it, Spurs mid table?

• Sav

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Oh good. Has our captain been on a course of reality pills? The whole San Lorenzo saga with his Dad sticking an oar in for good measure has gone on long enough. NUFC has been more than fair. Glad he’s put this to bed but it would be even better in an English-newspaper. How’s about it Colo?

• Mattoon