Newcastle Manager Inducted Into Hall Of Fame

Some good news today about the Newcastle manager Alan Pardew, as tonight in London he will be inducted into the Show Racism the Red Card Hall of Fame.

alan pardew man united win

Cheick Tiote – Show Racism The Red Card Hall of Fame

We are big supporters of this movement, although it does seem that some racism is starting to creep into the game of football again, which is a little disturbing.

Four managers are being inducted tonight, and it’s a way of thanking people for the work they have done for the Charity, and this is an honor for Alan Pardew, and also reflects well on Newcastle.

In fact Newcastle will be well represented tonight as one of the other managers being honored is Lee Clark, the former player and coach at Newcastle, who is currently manager of Birmingham City.

Former manager Sam Allardyce, now managing West Ham,  is another manager being honored tonight. and the fourth manager is former Birmingham City and Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish.

Ged Grebby is the CEO of Show Racism the Red Card and had this to say:

“Our charity is celebrating its 18th year as a campaign and the support of football clubs is invaluable in enabling us to educate tens of thousands of young people across the UK about the dangers of racism.”

“The Hall of Fame ceremony will pay tribute to those involved in the campaign. We have a whole range of people, from comedians through to footballers, who act as role models in the community.”

“This night is our way of thanking them for their contribution and all the work they have been doing to educate children over the years.”

The Hall of Fame event is at the Speaker’s Residence in Westminster tonight.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Ian Toon

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:06 AM

298Ian Toon // Dec 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Well it was why I chose not to post yesterday and doubtless is largely accountable for the decline of so many bothering to contribute.

Re Post -277county down magpie // Dec 17, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Been away for a while and the 3G was shiite so could only read without replying. Most fun things to read more this week center mostly with that biggest of trolls (apparent internet slang for one that creates negative opinion about oneself to create further interest in said person or their business intetests) Ciaran/Ruddy/Regardless. He came out with the news, exclusive I would think, that Remy, Collocinni, Cabaye and Shola will be gone come the end of the season so we should buy replacements for each of them in january otherwise we, or rather Ashley, are gambling with our futures based upon something that has not nor is likely to happen. I could and probably should go on to recount more of his scurrilous claims but I, quite simply, can’t be bothered. I would guess, and its a reasoned guess as a follower and contributer to this blog over the years, that Ciaran/Ruddy continues in his posts, that provoke arguments or ill feeling, to try to promote his own blog of 6 or 7 regular contributors, including himself. Please everyone on here make your own mind up and dont take what I say as a certainty or a PRO ASHLEY/PARDEW viewpoint, as I am just an nufc fan nothing more nothing less, but look into the posts before Ruddy had his own blog, he was alot more pleasant and open minded and has such changed his views to suit his pocket. Again, check it out, dont take my word for it.

This is Eds blog and we all came here based on a mutual love/respect/affinity/feeling for Newcastle United and long should that, along with a reasoned debate as to our future and hoped for success, continue.

HWTL

• Ian Toon

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:07 AM

n Toon // Dec 17, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Good Morning Lilongwe- I enjoyed reading your contribution yesterday I hasten to add!
    I look for contributions to meet the BBC test of inform,educate and entertain. I didn’t realise you had such first hand knowledge and experience of the academy/ youth side. Although I recall reading your input into a match programme.

Enjoy.

• Santon03

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Well Ian, just do like I do. dont read his posts or respond. He is able to continue because people mostly responded with arguement and he will argue more.

• Rotonda heights

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:16 AM

County down magpie

Ciaran possibly does have a point about Remy, Cabaye, Colo and Shola not being here past the summer. I think there’s a case for all 4 of them being on the move so maybe not quite as unlikely as you may think.

• county down magpie

Dec 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Maybe so Ro, but to me it looks more likely they or the bulk of them will stay. If Arsenal wouldn’t pay the asking price in the summer past, and since then Cabaye has probably been one of our top 5 peformers since, then why would they pay it next summer when, dependant on a storming wc performance, it could be more? Collo will stay partly down to a lack of funds from san lorenzo. Shola will prob be offered a one year extension after which he’ll retire. Remy is the only doubt in my mind and I actually think we’ll sign him.

Glass half full maybe but sureky a a better viewpoint than doom mongering no?

HWTL