Newcastle Manager Not Worried About Star Player

Loic Remy hasn’t scored now for five games, and he missed a couple of gilt-edged chances against Southampton on Saturday, but Alan Pardew – who is known as an excellent coach of strikers – isn’t too worried about the QPR player on loan at the club this season.

Soccer - Barclays Premier League - Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United - White Hart Lane

Loic Remy – after scoring at White Hart Lane
Yoan Gouffran has chipped in while Loic has been on his dry spell, and Yon has a goal in each of the last four games, and Moussa Sissoko scored his first goal recently too – a fantastic striker against West Brom that gave us the win.

Alan Pardew doesn’t seem too worried about Loic recent lack of goals:

“We spread it around reasonably well, but it would be nice to have goals from all sorts of areas of the pitch.”  “But I don’t think we are over-reliant on him, if I am honest. He’s just at the pinnacle of our attacks, mainly.”

“Being a natural goalscorer, he gets the bulk of the chances.”  “He is playing very well and we have just got to hope that continues.”

It remains to be seen if Newcastle can somehow persuade the French International to sign a permanent deal in January, much like fellow Frenchman Ben Arfa did three years ago, when he was also on loan – from Marseilles.

If his good form continues then Loic will likely wait until the summer, to see what other options he has, but he did the dirty on us in January, and maybe he will look at his situation – and realize he’s in a very good place at Newcastle.

It would be fantastic if he signed for us permanently next month.

For the record Loic has played 14 times for Newcastle with 8 goals, and you cannot complain with those numbers.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Slank

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM

theartfuldodger @ 79

‘It would be absolutely amazing if Willo went to brazil’

Nutty comment

• DokToon

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM

“Yon has a goal in each…”

we should sign his younger brother Hither Gouffran 🙂

• spitfire_

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM

When Pardew say ” if I am honest” … he is probably lying.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM

As long as we are scoring i don’t mind if it’s remy or krul, as long as we win.

• Magpies-till-d3ath

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM

So apparently we need a striker….hmm?

1. Seydou Doumbia
    2. Abel Hernandez
    3. Kostas Mitroglu
    4. Bafetimbi Gomis
    5. Cheick Diabate
    6. Alfred Finbogasson

All would provide that extra bit of pace/strength and goals. Doumbia is the perfect age, lightning quick and has scored goals his entire career. Only worry is that he has been playing in Russia. Hernandez is fairly similar except he creates more chances for his team-mates, although he’s only really begun scoring goals this year, in Serie B. Mitroglu would offer more strength and not so much pace, but this lad has proven he can do it at the highest level(UCL). Gomis, I think we all know all about him by now ;). Diabate would be my least preferred of all six but isn’t all that bad. Would be like a Shola with much more goals. Finbogasson, has tore the Eredivisie apart for two seasons now in a Herenveen team that isn’t particularly good. Quick, agile and good in the air given he isn’t the tallest.

C’mon guys! I could be a scout no bother. 😉

• 70TWO

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Que 4231 with Shola up front and Remy on the bench.

• Spoof

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:51 PM

croftus

I don’t think that Willo has had too many games with Saylor, not that that matters, but with Colo as you say he is the leader, but he tends to lead the lambs to the slaughter as he is that bad, whereas with Mbiwa who is far better than Colo you have a genuine partnership, I agree with what you say apart from Willo being the more vocal or being the leader if you prefer, Mbiwa was the Cptn at Montpellier when they won the league, he is a natural leader and organiser which brings the best out of Willo, but when Mbiwa is playing alongside Colo Mbiwa is being lead by a clown which makes Mbiwa look bad, at the end of the day the common denominator is Colo, who is so obviously the weak link, but sadly he is still Pardew’s first choice.

• Spoof

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Magpies

don’t give up your day job m8 lol, what we need above all else up front is power, someone to unsettle the opposition and hold the ball up, the nearest we have to that is Shola, he is poor, forget all this Nigeria has brought the best out of him nonsense, our system has brought the best out of him, now just imagine what an upgrade of Shola could do for us, and you missed the best of the lot Konstantinos Mitroglou, he plays for Olympiakos, is 6tf2″ tall and is superb with both feet, he is just what we need, look him up, you will be impressed.

• ethiomag

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM

transfer sage
    i completely agreeeeee wid u ,as long as we win games,it doesn’t matter who scored who.but we definitely need atleast one more striker alongside him.Remy’ll continue scoring sooner or later,it’s the nature of football sometimes,messi didn’t score for 5 or 6 games since he return from injury remember.
    ts
    can u tell me how many times a club make training/prepare for the next game in a week??

• Spoof

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Magpies

I do apologise as you did have him on your list, well done you’ve got the job lol

• Transfer Sage

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM

ethiomag

I honestly couldn’t tell you. It depends entirely on the manager.

Some do a single training session a day for 3/4 days a week. Some do double sessions 5 days a week. It’s up to the manager, not sure what pardew does.

• scottoon

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Remy will be fine. He is getting into good spaces. He does need to learn to give it up some more…play for some nice little touches around the box…but overall his movement is good and his chances will come.

Anyone with any news on his rape charges? I can’t find anything, but thought he was supposed to appear last month.

• Spoof

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM

TS

how did the points versus placings debate end up, did they eventually realise that you were spot on or did they try to squirm out of it.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM

spoof

I have no idea, I had to leave as had things to do. I just didn’t see why points were more important.

But not getting into that again, sure nobody wants to read it all.

• G

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM

@13 / 14, I take it those points refer to a few ‘individuals’ who keep jacking the blog? Kind of why I don’t get on here that much these days.

• scottoon

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Spoof – Regarding Collo….are you having a laugh? Is your view the same as your name…a spoof? What is it about him that you don’t like, or that the rest of us don’t see.

• Spoof

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM

TS

I have to say mind, that it was a good debate, it started with me and you against each other and then I was on your side as the debate evolved into a different debate, another thing which I must say is that on so many occasions I have found myself with a totally different view to yours, but you have never got personal or childish, always just commented in a good manner with good grace, for that I am thankful, it’s how it should always be, I just wish others could take your example.

• ethiomag

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:40 PM

TS
    there is no way pardew’ll leave for spurs
    there is no way Remy ‘ll leave for QPR again
    there is no way Gomis ‘ll sign for othere english clubs but us
    there is no way s taylor ‘ll replace williamson

• Transfer Sage

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM

ethio

Agree on pards
    Remy i am unsure, he will go where he gets the best offer, not just money but football too
    Gomis will go where he gets the best offer also, possibly us
    Taylor is too injury prone and won’t replace anyone

Spoof

I always think it’s best to try and discuss things, why bother posting if you don’t want debate, might as well just say things to myself if i won’t want others to comment or disagree.

• Spoof

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM

scottoon

we all remember Colo’s first season which was very poor, even his biggest fan will admit to that, his second season in the Championship was very good, but in fairness we were men in a boys league so was that season a true reflection of his abilities ?, since we have been back up Colo has had some fantastic games, I could not argue, against Sunderland he was immence, but Colo at his best is when we are far superior to our opponents and Colo can put his footballing skills to good effect, but he is a defender, a defender at his best should be when we have to defend, and Colo cannot defend, he is slow generally, very slow off the mark, weak in the air and he is too easily pushed off the ball, Willo is Willo, with Colo he is poor, with Mbiwa he is now getting talked about for a possible England call-up, that says it all for me, I cannot understand why so many rate him as highly as they do, to show the ignorance of so many, they would say Colo v Sunderland where he was so majestic was probably his best display for us, how pathetically ignorant is that, he is a defender not a creative midfielder, the best performance which I have seen from Colo was the week before last against Man U where I saw Colo do things which I have never seen him do before, things like rush out and make himself big even though he could get hurt by doing so, putting his head on a ball knowing that a striker could possibly kick him in the head, generally he was brave and he really did impress me for the very first time ever. To little too late, unless he really has now realised that to succeed it may well be painful.
    Without any doubt whatsoever Colo’s best performance in a B&W shirt was against Man U because he done his job of defending and he done it bravely and effectively.

• cyprus

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

‘Alan Pardew – who is known as an excellent coach of strikers’

? 🙂

• Spoof

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM

If Pardew could leave us for Spurs then I am sure he would, based on the fact that Pardew has sold something like £20m more than what he has spent and has currently got us into the top six then he must wonder what he could have achieved if he had a bit more backing which he would get at The Lane, if I was him it would be a no brainer, Spurs here I come, and could you blame him

• Transfer Sage

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM

spoof

fully agree, but i don’t see him being offered the job

• Spoof

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM

TS

no neither do I, and I have to say fortunately as well as I feel that Pardew has done wonders with the restraints which he has had placed upon him.

• Transfer Sage

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM

spoof

i don’t say wonders but he has done a reasonable job…i think this team is getting the points it should be really

• scottoon

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Spoof – interesting take. I recognize his limitations, but I also see his reading of the game, and his ability to calmly bring the ball out of defence. I see him glide into coverage which allows Santon and Debuchy to press forward more. As I see it, if Willo has blossomed of late, it is because he had to. As much as I like Mbiwa, I still see some rash decision making. He has much to learn, and I think he learns it from Collo. This is the intangible role that Collo plays. He steadys things. He brings the experience. Have to say, I think you underestimate what he brings to the side. No question about his first two seasons….you are spot on there….but for me he is the rock at the back and with Willo’s heading ability, they are our best partnership.

• scottoon

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Agree Pardew won’t see a job offer from White Hart Lane. Not sure I buy the fact that this side has got the points it should. What I am not seeing (apart from Man U and Chelsea) is the side putting in 90 minutes. Too often it is a tale of two halves. I have no idea why there is the tactical shuffling when it seems unnecessary. If it ain’t broke…….

• ethiomag

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM

spoof/TS
    it’s important to have experienced player/s in our squad.i know colo struggled to find himself for 3 or for yrs.it was pardew that makes him find himself,make him good cdf and so on.we ‘ve 2 give a lot of c to padew b/c he is excellent in man management.why did chris hughton sacked?b/c he was weak in m.mgt,no experience to settle coaching staffs so on.if he wants to leave i don’t mind b/c he was not irreplaceable.striker is nowadays difficult to replace if u think around.so it’s important moments we as a fan to keep support the club,the manager and players b/c if we get good result agst cp,stk arsenal b4 the new year,i’m confident we’ll finish in top 6 or even more
    it’s toon’s world..

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Has there ever been a worse Premiership player than Shola to somehow play 272 premier league games (with 41 goals/ penalties).

Shola symbolises everything that is wrong with English football. He has now played 374 games for Newcastle solely down to the fact that he is big and strong. He has probably stood in the way of superior players all his career because he occasionally wins a header and can hold the ball up.

In youth football he would have been a handful to play against. I always struggled to play against strong or fast players when I was younger due to being a thin. In England these guys are fast-tracked ahead of far superior players who can pass or have great technique for the ones who are tough to play against. Only problem is when it comes to a higher standard these big stupid clumsy players are getting tore to shreds by the slight technical players from abroad and their weight is no longer an advantage. In England you only have a chance to succeed if you are a) big b) fast or c) a ferocious battler. When you look at our national team they are all really stupid thugs. But the bulldog spirit will win us no world cups. Also when we don’t encourage clever players is it a surprise we can’t produce good managers. I actually like John Terry and Wayne Rooney. They are good warriors, but they haven’t got the brains to manage.

• Spoof

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM

TS

why do we judge a manager solely on what we perceive his squad to be capable of, what I mean is that since Pardew took over his net spend/income is ludicrous, by rights we should be now relegated, but we are top 6, but what so many fail to realise is that Pardew brought these players in and he has got them playing his way, without Pardew we would have by now gone down as history has proven that if you weaken your squad you do drop down, with Pardew we have weakened our hand in monetry value but on the pitch we are much stronger, so is wonders really that extreme.

• DokToon

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

pards is nowhere near the second coming… but ill give him credit, hes got us in good form lately, may he keep it up!

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Pardew did not buy those players. It’s Graham Carr & Mike Ashleys policies (including keeping faith with pards & only buying younger hungry players) that are responsible for us doing well.

If Pardew had been given the choice of who to buy we’d have players like Matt Taylor, Hooper, Defoe, Bent, Downing. We’d still be buying Man U’s cast offs on huge wages.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I dropped my phone in the toilet today; don’t ask me how or why 🙁

…I am just really bumed uot today!

• Thump

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM

@29: I always struggled to play against strong or fast players

I guess you are the next Mike Williamson after all! 😉

• Rotonda heights

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM

the next mw

very good point.
    we are doing well now but with half the French national team we b…y well should be!!

• Rotonda heights

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM

jesper

does it still work?

• Spoof

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM

scottoon and ethiomag

I appreciate your views, only a fool couldn’t, but experience seems to be the common denominator here, Colo ceretainly has it, but having it it useless if you don’t use it, attack could can be a free for all which causes mayhem, defence has always got to be one, I do not see that with Colo, what I see with Willo with Mbiwa is if the ball is in row z we will not concede within the next 15 seconds, that is vital, quick free kick or throw in and your caught, Colo is and always has been a hindrance, but against Man U it must have been his better and braver twin

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM

haha. i could have been the next mike williamson 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I have left it on the radiator to dry!

…it’s wouldn’t start 🙁

• Thump

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM

@jesper: One of the worst things you can do with wet electronics is to turn it back on. Put it on it’s side and leave it on a windowsill or something for 24 hours. If you can pull the battery/sim/etc. out do it. Don’t put it in direct heat (ie: on the radiator) and whatever you do, don’t listen to anybody telling you to put it in a bag of rice.