Newcastle Now Interested In Algerian Striker For January

There is news today that Newcastle are interested in 21 year-old Inter Milan striker  Ishak Belfodil, as they look to bring in a striker in the January transfer window.

Ishak Belfodil

Ishak Belfodil – frustrated at lack of playing time

The two times capped Algerian International  joined Inter-Milan in July, but he has had little playing time in Italy, and he is said to be frustrated with not playing regularly, and in fact he’s played only 10 times with one goal this season, after signing a five-year contract with Inter in the summer.

Ishak stands just less than 6’4″ tall, so he’s a big lad, and while at Parma last season he scored 8 goals in 34 appearances and he has played for all the French Youth sides through U20, since he qualifies to play for both France and Algeria, although his preference apparently was to play for Algeria at full Intentional level.

The striker is now worried about making the Algerian squad for the World Cup next summer in Brazil, and it may even be possible that the striker is loaned out in January.

This is what he has said about his situation to Le Buteur.

“I obviously would like to play more often. The World Cup is coming up and I have to be in good shape.” “The transfer window is approaching, so I will talk with the Directors and see what’s happening.”

“I am happy at Inter, but Algeria coach Halilhodzic has made it clear that I have to play.”  “That’s why I’m considering my options. The transfer market could throw up a solution.”

Newcastle have  a host of French-speaking players on Tyneside, so Ishak would fit in very quickly oat Newcastle, and maybe the best way to go for Newcastle, would be to bring him in on loan next month, and then see how he does in a black and white shirt.

If Belfodil does well, he could become a transfer target for Newcastle in the summer.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Hatem's better than Messi

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:36 PM

What and spoil our balance sheet … no way.

• swemag

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:44 PM

No idea if he is any good. Luuk de Jong on a permanent deal maybe?

• Mister Tuff

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Seems to be one or two of these stories now surfacing ahead of the January window/World Cup -with international players who are not getting selected for first team football worrying than they will not be going to Brazil with their international team mates. The solutions in one ore two stories I’ve read is for those players to be loaned out from January to the summer to places where they are assured of first team selection.
    Whilst I dot not particularly like loan deals I would not be surprised that we would be interested in such deals.

• Ted Bundy

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Dream signing without being completely ludicrous would be Dzeko from Man City. We’d be as good as in Europe next season.

Dunno if he’s one of these happy with being on the becnh and playing in the domestic cups, picking up his wad every week, which is another dose of reality, he’s probably on around 100k there.

Recoup what we paid for Cisse by selling him to a stupid top Turkish team, as they take has beens and misfits, then sign Dzeko.

Would be perfect in tandem with Remy, although I’m one of many that said the same about Ba and Cisse.

A striker of that calibre is all we are away from being genuine challengers for Europe, regularly, in my opinion.

• SuperShearer

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

@Ted Bundy…..how is that not ludicrous mate? Dzeko cost City close to £30 mil do you really think a) we can afford that and b) he’d want to come to a club outside the CL?

• Tsunki

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Know nothing about this guy but a few problems seem to present themselves here. One is the idea that we would have two loan strikers on the team, 2nd is the goal tally of this guy, 3rd would be him suddenly becoming a goal machine in a half season of the PL.

It’s a bit like me going to the gym after a days work. A non-starter. 😐

• Tsunki

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I’m still gutted Chelsea handed the mackems a win. I just hope that Hoots and his boys can knock them down before they are properly stood up.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Ted

A good CB to go alongside Mbiwa and as you say a really top calibre striker.

It seems Cabaye is still on his way out though.
    SD News is trying to swell the list of those interested again.
    PSG, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs … Man Utd … Roma

• AaranD

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Okay with Cabaye leaving, he is Champions League quality and he obviously knows that we aren’t going to invest to get it anytime soon. Just thought he’d handle it better but that’s NUFC for ya :D.

• Ted Bundy

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:19 PM

He’s very much a back-up there, he cost them £30m some years ago now and due to lack of playing time his value has depreciated by anyone’s judgment. Clubs that are flush with cash not only pay a premium for players, but also tend to let their fringe player’s go for reasonable, realistic prices.

As for Europe, as I said, I don’t know if he’s the type to want the challenge of helping a team move up a level and be a ‘star’ in that team, or is just content with his current situation.

Anyway, as I said, not ludicrous from my perspective, just extremely improbable, on account of many factors. Ludicrous would be suggesting we buy his teammate Aguero, or somebody like that.

• 89Norcal

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:25 PM

We need a winger more than a another center back IMO. Except for those odd debacles like Sunderland & Swans, our defense has looked pretty solid (without Colo that is). I know everyone is probably worried about Saylor getting back in the team, but I’m more worried about who will get in if god forbid Gouffran gets injured….or when Remy finally leaves and the front 3 get shuffled.

I think you all know who I’m talking about….

• croftus5678

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM

tricky one this as he seems a very good talent he’s very much a target man good with his head pretty good on the floor and very very strong at the perfect age imo but can he score ??? if we sign him i have faith he will turn out to be awsome if we dont sign him i’ll be glad we never 🙂

and yes i’d personaly go for luuk

• AaranD

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Dzeko, not within our reach. Price would be at least £20million and his wages would be way to high. Plus with Aguero injured pretty much no chance.

Really need to get a striker though as Cisse just isn’t cutting it. De Jong hasn’t done great in Germany but I’d take him would complement Remy well.

• 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:54 PM

watched the fayc via nufc .com barnsley fc the full match,as ihad not seen kemen play or armstrong other than short clips. newcastle were quite a bit better but struggled to score .imo all the team played well but armstrong kemen and satka showed why they are internationals. armstrong is skillfull and works hard as well as scoring ,kemen worked hard passed the ball well and also had a number o shots satka is a very assured defender .i also give credit to barnsley players for not giveing up to score late. kemen looks another good signing. both sets of players deserve praise for playing with the right spirit and no diving also.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Great news today lads!

…my phone works again 🙂 thanks to everyone for helping out yesterday! Still cannot grasp I droped my phone in the toilet – I was not even on the toilet lol

• JackButler

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Not what you would call prolific is he?

Surely there are better options out there?

• GeordieTwo

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Jesper mate as long as someone else wasn’t using your toilet when you dropped your phone in then everything is excellent and above board.

• JackButler

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:28 PM

jesper

The thought that you actually post comments on here while sitting on the toilet is rather troubling!…………..not sure if I can ever take you seriously again 🙁

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM

JB…haha 😉

…like I said last night I still don’t quite understand how I could drop the phone in the toilet when I wasn’t even on it!

And it happened at work!

• GeordieTwo

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Haven’t been on much due to computer problems and home improvements but the blogging appears to be most excellent. I haven’t even had time to spot gondoliers lately. My chest hair is drooping with fatigue but I must carry on! Stiff upper lip and all that mates.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM

GT…the coast was free mate 😀

• GeordieTwo

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Very disturbing indeed JB. Jesper the Danish Dazzler fishing for his phone. I hope you rolled your sleeve up first mate! 🙂

• JackButler

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM

jesper

Well, YOU may have not been on the toilet but taking pic’s of your work mates when they are in cubicles could get you in serious legal trouble 😀

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM

…or is the word clear? :-/

GT…lost your chest hair you say?

• bills-son

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Of the forwards we’ve linked with Kostas Mitroglou of Olympiakos is the one I’d go for.

Big, strong, quick and an excellent finisher. I think he’d take to the Prem like a duck to water. Unfortunately Arsenal and Lpool are supposed to be interested.

• JackButler

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:35 PM

GeordieTwo

Disturbing indeed…….it seems that the lemon crew captain has a perverted side to him 😀

• GeordieTwo

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:35 PM

You mean the coast was clear Danish? I would certainly hope so. I do have on offer now Manly Man phone retrieval gear including goggles and rubber gloves for those hard to find phones. Our Manly Man snorkel can also help with extended efforts at retrieval.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:35 PM

JB…so they have told me 😀 lol

…people are so sensetive these day!

• JackButler

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM

bills-son

To say that I’ve been seriously unimpressed with the payers we have been link with so far would b a massive understatement.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I would never lose my chest hair Jesper mate. Mine is permanently attached in a most manly way. No, it was a lack of time for proper chest hair maintenance recently. Horrifying really. It was getting all tattered and tangled. I even found some fragments of crisps in there. Shocking really.

• Ian Toon

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Mr Tuff- @3
    Good insight. I have also thought that the loan deal could well strongly feature in January. With Arsenal looking for cover for Giroud they are reportedly lining up a loan deal for Fernando Llorente from Juventus. With Llorente looking for a Spanish World Cup place it could well happen.

Another striker being strongly mentioned is Antonio Sanabria, the 17-year-old Barcelona so called wonder kid who is being courted by both Arsenal and Chelsea. Whilst we might well be frightened off by the buying power of Chelsea and Arsenal they are looking to take advantage of the fact that Sanabria, who came through Barcelona’s youth system, has yet to agree a new deal with the Spanish giants. Not so far fetched for Ashley to be attracted given the potential re-sale value. Mind, wages could prove difficult.

Sports Direct wasn’t the only media outlet to take note of Juventus president Andrea Agnelli’s comments about Paul Pogba yesterday. The Guardian, a paper rarely taken to wild transfer speculation, picked up on his veiled suggestion that the former Manchester United trainee could one day be on his way to the Premier League with Arsenal being favourites. Well we allegedly model ourselves on Arsenal!!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:40 PM

GT…they might come in handy mate!

*a disclaimer for all you State side Toon supporters- our very own Ibiza is in California the next couple of week so be aware 😉 lol

• Ian Toon

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Kostas does look good on You Tube- but haven’t we learnt that lesson from the poisoned dwarf- Wise.

• Ian Toon

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Jesper- good to hear word of Ibiza.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM

@ bills

Yeah Mitroglu is the best striker we have been linked with IMO . Him & Remy could do some serious damage together .

• GeordieTwo

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Yes they were somewhat stale but still quite nourishing Jesper mate. Mainly sour cream and onion I believe. What’s this about our beloved Spanish Stud Muffin? He’s touring California? Are they prepared for that? I hope he’s bringing his extra chest hair and the Manly Man throat lozenges. The ladies will be most pleased.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Perhaps we’ll be surprised by a couple of signings from the Championship?
    Wasn’t that why JFK was employed?
    To look for home grown talent?

My expectations have been lowered to zero so an actual signing that could challenge for a first team start would be unexpectedly welcome.

Scrooge or Santa. Bills which is going to be?

• GeordieTwo

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I hear news that Pele is thinking of making a comeback with us. Ashley and Kinnear are very excited. A Brazilian in the squad with the World Cup coming up. He is willing to play for peanuts as well. Lovely bit of player spotting from Joe.

• GeordieTwo

Dec 18, 2013 at 7:08 PM

The Championship seems a bit ambitious for us. I think Joe is scouting some none League teams as we speak. Some real diamonds in the rough down there. And very inexpensive. No more brilliant young foreign players like Xisco for us!

• Big Pappa Cissé

Dec 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I know a lot of people on here want to see HBA back in the team (including me) and although Shola does his best he is not chipping in with any goals which I feel Benny would add .

I think Ben Arfa did well defensively when he came on against Man U so I would give him another shot playing out wide, and if he doesn’t graft as hard as Gouffran has then drop him .

I still think Gouff is one of the first names on the team sheet and has had a great return of goals for playing out wide . I would like to see this team against Crystal Palace :

—————————–Krul—————————–