The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Four Frenchmen Head The Man Of The Match Poll

9:17 am, Sunday, December 22nd, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 13 Comments

One of the reasons Newcastle are doing so well this season is because so many of our French players have now adapted to life in the Premier league, and it’s the best we’ve done at this stage in the season since Bobby Robson was managing the club and had us in first place at this time way back in 2001.

yohan cabaye socres palace

Yohan Cabaye – after scoring yesterday

Mathieu Debuchy has been excellent this season for Newcastle, and Moussa Sissoko keeps improving and set up another goal for the great Yohan Cabaye yesterday, and Yohan looked superb for Newcastle.

And don’t forget Ben Arfa, who came on after 79 minutes and in the two or three minutes after that, he had set up a great chance for Yoan Gouffran, who hit the bar, and the Ben Arfa himself forced another excellent save from goalkeeper Speroni, who saved Palace from a drubbing in that second half.

And then Ben Arfa topped of a great cameo appearance by blasting in a penalty after big Shola Ameobi had been brought down in the box.

And one of the TV commentators we had for the game yesterday was former Charlton (and West Ham) manager Alan Curbishley, who was full of place for the Newcastle side’s display yesterday.

Alan did mention it was something when Newcastle could bring on a player of Ben Arfa’s class late in the game, and the Frenchmen created at least four chances that we counted.

But our best player yesterday was Yohan Cabaye, who has 42% of the vote, and who is again looking excellent for Newcastle, and he almost scored with a free kick from just outside the box in the second half,  and then late in the game was straight through on goal, but Speroni saved again.

Here are the results so far in our poll and there’s still time to vote.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Crystal Palace?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Hatem Ben Arfa · Mathieu Debuchy · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League · Yohan Cabaye

13 responses so far ↓

• 1 Greebol1892 // Dec 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I see “Reny” has least votes.

Wait until after xmas & new year when we are all suffering from over-indulgence. Then “Rennie” will get a lot of votes.

*chortle*

• 2 santonthenewmaldini // Dec 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I went for Debuchy in this poll he is playing fantastic!

Sissoko is playing well because he is being played in his correct position everything about him screams modern day winger to me pace, power, hard working, can cross and bully full backs and he also needs a little time and space on the ball which you dont get in a packed middle which is why he sometimes looks a little lost when played there he is averaging creating a goal every game which is a great ratio

I like Gouffran on the left wing but I would actually like Arfa to play left wing and try Gouffran or Remy up front as the striker cause we need a left footed winger

Santon looks jaded as well could do with being dropped for Haidara for a little while

• 3 davetoon // Dec 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM

@jesper. I use Chrome on my Galaxy and never have an issue with ads or redirects

• 4 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Cabaye 1st, Sissoko 2nd for me, all the players played very good apart from Remy who looked absent.

also during the match iv’e never seen Newcastle looking so comfortable when playing against Palace.

could it of been the weather for Palace playing poorly? who knows! but all i know is Newcastle always have a rainy day maybe this was our biggest advantage?

HWTL

• 5 Black and White with an army lol // Dec 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM

i said yesterday that we should play a 4-3-3 to over run the midfield and put Palace under a lot of pressure.

cheers Pardew for reading my post ( tongue in cheek ;) )

• 6 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM

dave…i use opera on my mobile and I am alright, but on my pad nothing works on this site.

…problem in both opera and chrome :(

• 7 John Tudor // Dec 22, 2013 at 9:50 AM

look here

• 8 davetoon // Dec 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM

i know i had an issue with one of my laptops when i had an older version of firefox on it. Could be your browsers aren’t up to date?

• 9 sweendog // Dec 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I’m using chrome with nexus smartphone .. I’ve only ever had a problem with this config . my PC etc are all working well ..note this problem is just popup redirects so you either need to install some software like adblock or just live with it .. Not much else you can do unfortunately .. Its a feature of blogs allowing http embedded links

• 10 sweendog // Dec 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I think you can change round http header info in Firefox which may help ie change user-agent header.. But I’m not sure how to do this on android as I usually only do things like that on my pc and I don’t know if Firefox on android has these full settings .. Again simplest way is adblock imo

• 11 sweendog // Dec 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM

By the way Ive worked as a secure software developer for the last 20 years

• 12 bro56 // Dec 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM

lol ben arfa 8%? he only played 10mins

Anita for me. again neat & tidy with a decent pass

• 13 LeToonARMY // Dec 23, 2013 at 4:39 AM

This will be the team against Stoke
    __________________KRUL_________________