The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle In A Good Place – The Owner Is Really Pleased

9:11 am, Monday, December 23rd, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 112 Comments

Alan Pardew has revealed in one of his many interviews today that Mike Ashley – the Newcastle owner – is really pleased with how the team is performing at the moment, and that’s hardly surprising since 30 points from the first 17 games in the Premier League, is the best we’ve ever done since Ashley bought the club in the summer of 2007.

mike ashley  -6208247

Mike Ashley in deep thought – hey – I’m really pleased

This is some of what Alan has said today in the local press:

“I just think we’re in a good place as a club. I know we’ve some strange opinions about us from outside but we’re working well together.”

“The owner is really pleased, I’m really pleased and the players are, more importantly,  also really pleased.”  “If the players aren’t happy, you can’t get those sort of performances.”

“We sit down, we discuss and we make sure we make the right decision for the club.” “The finance comes out of course but also a selection of what I need and with Joe’s knowledge of football he knows that the manager needs certain things.”

Newcastle now have a terrific opportunity to bring in a couple of good players in the January transfer window, and we should do that – if the right players are available.,

Then in the summer we can unload a few players and bring other better ones  in – so that hopefully we’ll have an even stronger squad for next season.

And if we do manage to qualify for Europe, we should do an awful lot better in the league than we did last season.

Note – One of our readers Shaun is a season ticket holder, but is not in Newcastle for the holidays – he has a spare ticket for the Stoke game and can be contacted at s.borland@ncl.ac.uk and on twitter at sean4eva09.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours

112 responses so far ↓

• 1 70TWO // Dec 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Very pleased to be where we are, but lets not get too carried away. Another 11 games and then lets see where we are before forecasting another season in Europe.

• 2 70TWO // Dec 23, 2013 at 9:48 AM

If we were particularly hoping to be in Europe next season, we need to be achieving 2 points per game. When we have 10 games to go at the end of the season, beginning of March, we should have around 56 points. That is another 26 points in the next 11 games, 6 wins 5 draws and 0 loses. That would be superb and well worth excessive celebration, at the moment lets enjoy Xmas.

• 3 cyprus // Dec 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Let’s not get carried away.
    CL football here we come again :)

• 4 70TWO // Dec 23, 2013 at 9:53 AM

cyprus – nice one :-))

• 5 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM

i think we are as much in the mix for top 4 as everton and spurs…we have some very very good players.

Will be interesting to see Jan business…could be crucial to all the teams battling, see if one can edge ahead.

After last season where every game was a grind, it’d great to have everyone playing well, knowing their roles and pulling their weight.

• 6 70TWO // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I can’t help feeling the ugly duckling at the bottom of the table should be with the other teams beginning with ‘S’ grouped in the middle of the table. “Nahh”, aesthetics can loose out to supremacy.

• 7 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Sage
    I think 1st and 2nd is between Arsenal and Man City
    3rd and 4th Liverpool and Everton favourites to me, but anyone from Chelsea, Spuds the Toon and Man Utd could make 3rd or 4th.
    Could be edge of the seat season

• 8 mindshaft // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I can’t see that much happening in the Jan transfer window unless we get a real bargain – would be good to get at least 1 in and pref 2 just to keep the current first 11 on their toes

League is wide open this year and although ultimately I think Man City will win the league, all other places are up for grabs

Just got to keep winning, we can’t afford to let the gap to 5th get any bigger especially with Spurs / Manure right behind us…. (I never thought I’d be saying that at xmas at the beginning of the season)

• 9 mindshaft // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Personally I think Arsenal will need to buy a striker in Jan to keep in contention, an injury to Giroud or Ramsey and they are pretty much stuffed

• 10 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Lads n lasses
    Mind you if we are still up there at the end of the season our run in is tough bloody tough -
    Man utd H
    Stoke A
    Swansea H
    Arsenal A
    Cardiff H
    and last day A at Liverpool

• 11 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM

charlie

the good thing about that is that we have an easier run in before so could get points on the board which adds pressure to the others chasing us

• 12 Ben3arfa // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM

The owner is pleased he wont spend any money in January .

• 13 BuckLuck // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I must say I’m enjoying my self as a Newcastle fan these days. I didn’t think Pardew was able to turn us around, but I was dead wrong. Good job Pards, and shame on me for being too pessimistic.

On Ashley; I think he’s managing the club like it’s suppose to be managed a few years down the line, but we’re not quite there yet though.

To begin with he must invest in 2-3 quality players on top of the squad we have already have(add a new one for every sale). Until then we’re very vulnerable. If only he could see that and act!

If he does the unthinkable and improves the squad the next two windows I’m satisfied and pretty optimistic.

• 14 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Transfer
    Hopefully !!!!!!!!!!!

• 15 davetoon // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Last game reminds me of 2003/04 when from memory we pretty much played Liverpool for the final Champions League spot in the second last game and lost. Ended up 5th

• 16 jazzyp // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Morning all
    Charlie- if that would have been our run in last season we would have been playing championship football this term. What a sobering thought to bring everyone back down to earth

• 17 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Really hope Moussa can avoid a yellow against Stoke. our right side can do real damage against Arsenal.

• 18 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM

i think any of the 4 teams…arsenal, liverpool, chelsea and city can win the title…none are that far ahead of each other, each has players who can win games.

I think it’s shaping up to be the best season for a long while. And all it took was sir alex leaving…who’d have thought getting rid of that miserable guy would be good ey.

Has anyone seen the messi to man city news? Zabaleta says he asked about them all the time, aguaro and toure want him to join them. They have former barca technical directors and also messi has fallen out with barca and their club president. I really hope he comes to the league.

• 19 NUFCarter // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I think we can stop looking behind us in the league and just look forward. Its a shame Everton had won yesterday and ideally a draw tonight would be a good result for Newcastle.
    We are only 6 points off the top, so we cant have these teams winning above us if we want to push on in the league, hopefully the evertons, Chelseas and liverpools lose their for pretty soon.

I believe with our current team and form we can challenge that top 4. Just need to keep doing what we are doing, no big changes and hopefully we can avoid any injuries.

• 20 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Dave toon

It was the last game. second last game was against Southampton, drew 3-3

Had to win both to qualify drew both. :(

• 21 NUFCarter // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I reckon the their will be a few yellows from each team against Stoke. Stoke are bottom of the fair play league so with their disciplinary record the game could get quite heated. Is Sissoko the only player with 4 yellows?

• 22 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I can understand people being excited about the up and coming window but you’re just setting yourselves up for a fall, a push for top four would probably need a 20M investment without a guarantee of even making EL, nothing short of disaster will see us outside the top ten and that won’t require any investment at all, not suggesting by any means that Ashley doesn’t want us to do well, but he’s not bothered if we just hover about that mid table.

• 23 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

jail

I don’t know…i don’t think he has places in mind for targets, other than being comfortably safe.

But what I think he will do, is add one or two a window to improve the squad. We now have depth and decent bench so don’t need the mass 5/6 players signing…can just do with one or two quality ones.

• 24 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM

jazzp
    yeah
    last season I was predicting the scores and worrying how many points we needed to beat the drop!
    This season
    Could it be predicting the scores and worrying how many points we need to get in the Champions League!

You can only dream.

And
    At the beginning of the season it was all DOOM and GLOOM and the Mackems rubbing or faces in it and how many more points than us they were going to get than us!

• 25 Rotonda heights // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM

jail

if that was the case surely he’d want us to finish 6th, more prize money but no Europa

• 26 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I am with JFA

• 27 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Rotunda,
    I’m sure he’d like us to finish sixth every season but what Im saying is he’s not going to spend 10M in January to get the extra few million for finishing sixth when he could invest nothing and finish 10th.

• 28 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Every one can see UCL is a real if not a remote possibility.

Ashley should do at least a small investment. to test the waters.

You can see other teams doing business.

• 29 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM

It’s best to wait and see what happens, it might be a bad or good window, the last two januarys have been good.

• 30 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:15 AM

HD

brilliant test match just down in south africa wasnt it

• 31 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM

TS

It was great.

I was rooting for SA.

I hate Dhoni

• 32 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM

HD

haha why don’t you like him, sure you told me once but its been a while.

It was a great end, seen dhawan not done much in the game though, i want to see him kick on a bit more in test cricket…had such a high on debut

• 33 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM

TS

any titbits for Jan? in or out?

England have all to do to avoid a whitewash.

• 34 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM

TS

yeah great debut against AUS. broke his finger in that match.

I am surprised he has done this well?

SA at Jo’burg can be tough.

I personally think he will do well in one dayers and T20 but just above average in tests, abroad particularly

• 35 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM

HD

yeh will be hard to avoid it now, been outplayed and never taken advantage when in a good position…and now swann has retired.

and just the bit i posted a month ago….links with gomis, matuidi, younes kaboul, then some talk of valbuena too

• 36 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Been
    England chasing 4 hundred plus would of thrown the towel in.

See Borthwick has just been called up into the England squad.

Should of been there at the start with Onions

• 37 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM

HD

I agree with that, don’t think he will go down as test great but can see him averaging mid 40′s…he’s a good player and even when with us in an amateur set up would train so hard.

• 38 Rotonda heights // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Cook is a dour, defensive slow scorer and his tactics kind of mirror that.

Clarke is a far more positive player and captain.

We need a clean sweep. we had a good run but time to move on. Would love Tom Moody as coach.

• 39 Rotonda heights // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM

charlie

so true england would never go for it.

• 40 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM

charlie

onions should have been there 100%, he is a class act…borthwick is good but think he needs a bit more time to develop his game, leg spin is hard to get right at an early age. also the way england play, very conservatively, I don’t think they are brave enough to go for leg spin as even the greats like warne would go for a good few runs.

• 41 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Rotonda

I thing ECB will give the job to giles,

I will go for Tredwell instead of Swann at MCG

Don’t you love the boxing day as a sports lover.

• 42 Rotonda heights // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM

HD

the boxing day test was always a real highlight but I can’t get any enthusiasm for this one. England have been an absolute shower.

• 43 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM

HD

apparently tredwell wont be there in time for the game they say, so will be panesar or borthwick to play.

I think flower will go, which is a shame, but quite like the idea of giles taking over

ps. sorry to those who don’t care for cricket, just it’s quiet here

• 44 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM

rotonda

the good thing is they all have something to prove and one or two will make way as well, expect them to fight back but don’t know if they will do enough.

The players we have, although out of form, still are world class

• 45 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Transfer
    Borthwick – Not just a could bowler he is also a very good batsmen. scored over 1,000 runs in last years County Championship.
    I would of taken a chance instead of Panasear as he cannot bat.

• 46 Rotonda heights // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM

sage

I was brought up on the exciting west indies teams of the 80′s : Greenidge, haynes, king Viv Richards, Holding et al.

At the same time england opened with the thrilling Boycott and Brearley with tavare coming in at 3. You wouldn’t see a boundary for 45 mins !!

• 47 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Boxing day in India

5.30 am – boxing day Test match AUS V ENG
    2 PM Big bash league/India V SA
    6.15 PM Premier league

• 48 dcdick // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM

“We sit down, we discuss and we make sure we make the right decision for the club.” “The finance comes out of course but also a selection of what I need and with Joe’s knowledge of football he knows that the manager needs certain things.”

Why does that statement fill me with dread………….

I can’t help wondering where we would be with a GOOD manager

I don’t like the way this man runs the team, still schoolboy errors being made we are where we are in spite of Pardew, not because of his good management skills

Pardew out !!!

• 49 Ted Bundy // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Sell Cisse to one of these emerging flush, dumb markets like the Russian clubs, for 10m+. Bring back Ba, with the challenge he helps fire us above the club that has treat him like a schmuck and watch us ride this wave all the way into the top 4 come the end of the season!

• 50 Ted Bundy // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Cricket ranks up there as one of the most mind numbingly tedious sports. Can’t believe it’s so popular, much like American Football across the pond.

• 51 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM

charlie

yeh he is a good allround cricketer and one for the future no doubt, just think when we use only one spinner he has to be the best spinner, the batsmen should be getting the runs. I think borthwick just needs another year in championship cricket.

Rotonda

Boycott was before my time but as an opener he was very very good, the problem was that it’s just dull to watch isn’t it at times.

• 52 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Ted
    Mind you I have seen some tedious mind numbing football matches too!
    Most likely a few of this summers World Cup games will be

• 53 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM

ted

it’s a good game, all three formats are good to watch I think…but not for the casual fan, it’s definitely a sport what takes a lot of time up.

On cisse, I’d agree providing he is replaced straight away

• 54 spitfire_ // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Thank f*** the owner is pleased… now I can take a good sleep.

• 55 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM

charlie

I’m looking forward to england in the world cup…players like rooney, barkley, wilshire, gerrard, walcott, carrick, sturridge…we look decent going forward.

I just hope we use rooney as an out and out striker, we have players like barkley to do the number 10 role…..rooney had one season for man utd as a proper forward and he got 36 goals.

• 56 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM

TS/Rotonda

Ian chappell always tells a great story that Boycott failed to hit a boundary batting whole day at Perth. a screaming fast outfield an outside edge could get a boundary.

Boycott also cost England 1979 WC. with terribly slow batting.

• 57 Rotonda heights // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Ted

I know where you’re coming from but 20/20 is pretty entertaining with no possibility of a draw, well very rarely

• 58 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Don’t really like Demba Ba but I suppose I’d take him back, can’t knock his goals record here, even with that barren spell.

• 59 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I am not getting carried away with Champions League talk until after January .

If we are still in and around the top 4-7 in January, make a few quality signings and let nobody leave then I may get excited .

For example:

Remy (permanent)
    Mitroglu
    Left winger (Ince Maybe)
    another creative midfielder (Rodwell ?)

Then I may start to get excited . Also does anyone else think the PL should be allocated 1or 2 more CL spots ? . England might not have the best teams in the world but the overall quality is better than most leagues for sure . The top 7 in our league as it stands all have quality whereas in Germany, Spain there are at most 4 top quality sides.

Thoughts ?

• 60 Rotonda heights // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

HD

The man was horrendously painful to watch. just played for himself and bored me to tears.

Not so much this aussie team but previous ultra successful ones always used to score quickly at 4 an over and put pressure on the opposition.

I think we missed a trick not playing Finn and Tremlett especially at Perth. Broad and Anderson look in need of a break. Tbh not much time for Broad after his no walking antics.

• 61 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Rotonda

Draw can only happen in test matches.

Technical word is a TIE

• 62 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

big pappa

yeh be good but then either need to add more games or take some places from other leagues…i think if the prem league continues to grow a lot of continental teams might want some of the action and european league could form.

• 63 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM

rotonda

i don’t mind broad not walking, the aussies dont, so dont see how they can complain. Broad is unplayable on his day but may only have 1 or 2 of those in a series.

Tremlett was poor, bowling 78-80mph is useless when you do nothing with the ball….finn needed to play.

• 64 true toon // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM

we are not good enough for CL places. i predict 6th – 10 th

• 65 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Rotonda

I am a big fan of Finn, can’t believe he is not the 3rd seamer. I know bresnan can bat but I would always go for Finn.

• 66 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM

HD

he had a few problems with form..pace down, accuracy all over but he takes wickets which is what you need…especially when have anderson and broad who keep it fairly tight.

• 67 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Rotonda

in 2008 Michael clarke edged a ball to Dravid of Kumble. did not walk. Thankfully umpire gave him out.

Aussies had wasted their reviews so I am okay with that.

• 68 Rotonda heights // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Sage

I know but when it is so, so blatant, it’s embarrassing and just leaves a really bad taste. Just because one lot cheat do we have to be as bad as them as well ? 2 wrongs don’t make a right and if that is commonplace we might as well all back up now.

• 69 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Has the quality of this blog degenerated so much that we have to discuss Geoff Boycott.

• 70 Rotonda heights // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM

HD

What I don’t understand is how Root was given out.
    It was referred to the 3rd umpire, replay evidence on tv, hot spot and snicko suggested he hadn’t touched it and yet he was still given out!!!

• 71 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Rotonda

Umpire’s ego I guess.

Similar incident happened at old trafford when Usman Khawaja was given out similarly.

But I agree was not out.

• 72 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Ffs, ASHLEY OUT.

• 73 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM

rotonda

it was only a small edge though, looked huge as the keeper knocked it to first slip

could argue that should be given by the umpire and the ones with minimal deviation are worse for not walking as a good chance to deceive the umpire.

I don’t mind players not walking, i know people get given out when they shouldn’t be so fine for them to wait on the umpire decision.

What annoys me more is people claiming catches which aren’t out, as that is going out of your way to deceive the umpire.

• 74 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Luuk de Jong (on Loan)

and Tom Ince (P e/x with Gosling and 2-3 million)

I am Content.

• 75 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM

HD

that would work for me…ince is a good player, would prefer matuidi as he is possibly available, only 6 months to run on contract i think.

• 76 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM

TS

the news regarding matuidi was that he had changed agents that is why he had not signed his new contract.

Where would you play matuidi?

Good player mind. Best french player playing in France IMHO

• 77 DokToon // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM

if cisse goes out, and bring shane long in…. ill be happy… plus remy on permanent… be a good window to me

• 78 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM

HD

would have him in the middle with tiote and cabaye…but i suppose that’s not a critical position as we have players there already….good option though.

Menez is meant to be available too, he could be worth a shout for the wide role.

• 79 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM

dok

For me Remy will wait til the summer so he can assess all his options, he knows we will wait and he might as well see if he can get better. Not good for us but makes sense for him.

• 80 Munster Mag // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM

can u stop talking cricket? its a shit game for dull poms. signing? ba pleeeeeze

• 81 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Luuk de Jong on loan would be good but our Director of fusk all would have to have a clause that if it worked out we could buy him.

• 82 DokToon // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:48 PM

TS,

agree with you… but its xmas and i can wish :)

one thing about the match saturday, call me insane, but when the ref pointed to the spot for the penalty, i was hoping shola would take it, lol…

• 83 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM

dok

i thought he would, he takes a great pen…never seen him miss one.

• 84 roy // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Hopefully a few decent players sign in January and keep the momentum going. As it really pisses the southern press off when we are sitting pretty above Spurs.

• 85 Blofal // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Just imagine where we would be if we hadnt dropped Hull and Swansea.

The only team to annihilate us this season was Man City… but they have done that to everyone.

• 86 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM

TS,
    This trial is dragging out, he wants to hope he has more options than playing for Wormwood scrubs.

• 87 pottsclock // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Has this turned into a cricket blog? ! I’m not complaining, just think it’s funny

• 88 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Did you know? Barkley has successfully dribbled past 44 opponents this season. Only Andros Townsend and Eden Hazard have done so more often.

• 89 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Bayern asking for 20 million Euros for Mandukic next summer. Crazy. they get lewandowski for free. FFS

• 90 Tsunki // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM

…and with Joe’s knowledge of football ….

So confidence-inspiring. :)

• 91 Transfer Sage // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM

jfa

yeh but you never know, he hasnt even been charged yet, so can’t be much evidence there

I think this baron patch in front of goal is good for us, might turn teams off him and we are still winning so all is good.

• 92 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM

…and with Joe’s knowledge of football ….

May be its a clue ;)

• 93 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I wonder how many clubs JfK thinks he turned down to join us.

• 94 JAMSHA // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Himanshu Dhingra

any of our match live??? this week?? oh ausi will trash eng.. 5-0

• 95 roy // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM

With our midfield we can give anyone a game, its just the two pedestrian Centre halves that are the weak link in the team. Hopefully Pardew, sorts this out soon.

• 96 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Jamsha,
    That’s a very bold prediction considering they’re already 3-0 up.

• 97 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

JAMSHA

Arsenal game live on Sunday. at 7 PM
    Not the stoke Game.

• 98 pottsclock // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Looking forward to the Chelski Arse game tonight. Hoping for a tough battle, lots of bookings, a few injuries and hopefully Arsenal will be all the weaker for our forthcoming match…
    Really impressed with how we managed in the conditions on Saturday,

• 99 JAMSHA // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Jail for Ashley

at 1st i tought ausi would nt win a single match… but now i think the old ausi are back…an i holpe newcastle play like the keegan era

• 100 JAMSHA // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Year 2018 – Newcastle Wins EPL

Year 2014 – Aus back to no1 spot in cricket

year 2022- india qualifies foe Fifa WC

• 101 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Yes Jamsha, well thanks for reminding us we’re being humped, that’s very thoughtful of you !

• 102 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I honestly think Jail is too good for Ashley

• 103 JAMSHA // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Himanshu Dhingra

hmmm dats insane.. i jst want starsporta band from india .. we need skysports hea .. any idea wat time does our nxt game start??? atleast i cn watch in the cyber

• 104 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Jamsha

8.30 PM, IST on Thursday.

• 105 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Jamsha,
    I would laugh my arse off if Pakistan beat
    you 10-0 in a two legged play off in Kashmir.

• 106 JAMSHA // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM

tnx man il watch the 2nd half

• 107 Himanshu Dhingra // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM

JFA

That is never gonna happen.

• 108 jazzyp // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Wonder how long the luuk de jong link is a ploy to bring in big brother Siem de jong.
    doesn’t it frustrate the hell out of ya that we can all see that a little bit of investment in the squad and we could truly be a force in the pl rather than just a top ten team that maybe one day we may win a cup ????

• 109 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM

HD,
    You want to hope not !

• 110 Jail for Ashley // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Jazzyp,
    The crucial word in your post is investment.

• 111 bills-son // Dec 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Jail,

Remy had a sell on clause if QPR got relegated which meant he held all the bargaining power. Nobody would sign him in the summer because of the rape case and if he refused to agree to a transfer if and when he is cleared we either backed out of the loan deal or took pot luck. Not the usual loan deal and no fault of JFK’s.

• 112 toonincheek // Dec 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Can’t undestand why so many people keep saying “sign Remy in January on a permanent basis”.
    The next hearing on his rape case is currently scheduled for February.

Now, in other circumstances, maybe we could do a permanent deal with a get-out clause should he get time.
    But
    I suspect that his deal with QPR does NOT include such a get-out clause
    So
    He would be taking a risk if he signed for us on a deal that DID have a get-out clause.
    Unless he was totally confident that he would be found Not Guilty.

previous post: If We Keep Winning – Anything Can Happen