The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

They Will Be As Fearful Of Us As We Are Of Them

2:14 pm, Saturday, December 28th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 229 Comments

Alan Pardew has talked about the big game tomorrow between Newcastle and Arsenal and the manager says the Geordie fans will be expecting the home side to win the game against the Gunners.

alan pardew palace

Alan Pardew – Arsenal are fighting to win the league

This is what Akan Pardew said today when told that Arsenal were in good form:

“Yes they are, but so are we and I think they will be as fearful of us as we are of them.” “We are at home and we will be expected by our fans to win the game.”

“We are looking forward to Arsenal as we have a lot of confidence. The spirit is very high and the team is working hard together. That’s why we are going the right way.”

“Arsenal are fighting to win the league. It’s good, because we have played well against big teams.”  “We try to play a similar way – we want to play good football. I think it’s going to be a nice game to watch.”

“Last year, it was difficult to try to find 11 players to play. At the minute, it’s difficult to find players to leave out.”  “We are in great shape and we take it into the next game. That’s all you can do in my experience of this league.”

In our poll for tomorrow’s game it’s almost split equally three ways that we will draw, win or lose the game.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Arsenal?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

As you might imagine the betting is on an Arsenal win – but anything can happen in this game tomorrow, and we could even beat Arsenal for the first time in quite a few seasons.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League

229 responses so far ↓

• 1 jayphoto // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM

@jazzyp – i liked Maiga in france! Allardyces tactics don’t suit him at all! Saying that i think our newly converted left mid Gouffran has shocked us all with his effort , attitude and form (refused to play wide for bordeaux) and id take him over maiga any day

• 2 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Good words Alan, now go out and put a side out with the effort, commitment and attitude that reflects those comments.

• 3 davetoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Time for a hilarious walk down memory lane with Fat Sam

“I’m not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Internazionale or Real Madrid,” said Allardyce. “It wouldn’t be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the Double or the league every time.

“Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn’t be a problem.”

• 4 jayphoto // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM

One striker i have always thought could be a decent player in a decent side is Bendtner! Still surprisingly young and would be very cheap!

• 5 jayphoto // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:21 PM

@davetoon – if only his name was allardycio, west ham would be 5-0 up today!
    Think malky mckay being available will heap pressure on fat sam now!
    For all the bad decisions ashley has made, getting rid of allardyce is the best decision ive seen from a toon chairman since Sir Bobby was hired

• 6 jazzyp // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Ruddy is it my turn for a bashing today !!
    What I meant was that cabs is our top midfield player and without doubt stands out from the midfield players we have. Whereas at Chelsea-city-arsenal he will not be as bigger player as what he is here and in my opinion will not be guaranteed an automatic starting position as he is here.
    Jayphoto
    totally agree on gouffy,Was one of his biggest critics last season,but im happy to say has proven me wrong.The guy has turned into a model pro for nufc and always puts in a shift for nufc which is all you can ask for in any player

• 7 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Jazzy from previous thread

No bashings being given at all. Bills and I have our own ‘special relationship’ …

Cabaye would thrive in Arsenal’s set up I think. If we were to lose him, the only club I would be relatively content to see him sign for would be Arsenal because they are a club tailor made for his abilities.

Cabaye is a player who left his home-town club who had just won the title and qualified for CL to sign for a mid-table PL club. He does not rest on his laurels, he has ambition. He doesn’t want to be the big man for a medium size club, he wants to test himself against the best.

• 8 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Jayphoto Bendtner comment is a joke right ? He is a waster and his ego is massive for a player with such limitations – I don’t ever see him as a 20goal a season man

• 9 jazzyp // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Ruddy
    I think its fair to say you and bills have a love hate relationship would you say lol

• 10 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Jazzy

I’ll not comment on it any further, before he comes back on and accuses me of being ‘obsessed’ with him… haha

• 11 davetoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM

my prediction would be that FS gets sacked and Bolton take him back where he belongs. He has a decent record getting them promoted after all

• 12 jazzyp // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Ruddy
    Now now we wouldn’t wanthim to think your copying his posts again……he he stir the pot !!

• 13 Transfer Sage // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM

fat sam is a poor manager for one reason

he only knows one style and it’s going out of fashion…for somebody who claims to be ahead of others with advancing sport science and the like he isn’t moving forward with tactics and seeing as carroll is out he hasn’t manged to find another way to play in half a season.

30 years ago he’d be a great manager, not he isn’t up to scratch….need to be able to adapt constantly in modern sport, things move so fast now that we live in a global world where everything is filmed, analysed, discussed….change takes place at such a quicker rate and people can know everything about you before you ever play them.

• 14 jazzyp // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Blaydon
    Agree on bendtner, Has the ego the size of Kim sung ho and quite frankly has never impressed me whenever I have seen him play.Much better players out there for nufc to approach than this guy

• 15 bills-son // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Unbelievable that Sland could be out of the bottom three if they win and Palace lose at City.

Just shows how bad it is at the bottom.

• 16 jazzyp // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM

It would be an interesting prospect if west ham were to be relegated this term,What financial affects that would have for the club in respect of them moving into there new stadium for the 2016/17 season as there already having to pay off a £70 million pound bank debt at present.

• 17 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:46 PM

West Brom have some decent players I really rate Mulmbu(spelling) ? And Amalfitano puts in plenty of crosses it’s very tight down the bottom glad we are not in the relegation mix and fighting at the top end of the table !

• 18 jayphoto // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Always thought Bendtner has the ability if a coach could change his attitude! He impresses for Denmark.
    West ham are a strange one! If the sack Allardyce theyll get relegated because most of the team (morrison and maiga aside) is set up to play direct and im not sure theyd cope with a more attractive style! With Andy Carroll playing and Fat Sam manager I think they are a nailed on mid table side, bit like Stoke! Very very risky to pin your whole seasons hopes on a proven injury crock though

• 19 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Big game tomorrow which is very tight one to call – if the Arse score first I think it will be a long afternoon chasing the ball. Having said that if we score first I think we are more the capable of causing an upset but first goal will be crucial !

• 20 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Never really post teams but here is what I would go with Krul Debuchy big mike Collo M’biwa Goofy Cabs Tiote Anita Sissoko Benny boy and Remy but pretty sure Santon will keep his place which really worries me … Think M’biwa played Walcott very well last season and would mean a much more solid defensive unit ????

• 21 swemag // Dec 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

We loose Cabaye and we are not the same team. It IS a BIG deal.
    People that think we will just continue as is might be basing their judgment on last season when he was injured for a long time and did not have a proper pre season. We are looking at the real Cabaye in his prime at the moment.
    He is a top class player and a leader that makes players around him look better and instill courage and belief in them.
    But ok, maybe Carr has another ace up his sleave. It will be interesting to see what happens.

• 22 Tsunki // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I called a draw but I think it’s optimistic. Midfield as ever the key, the likes of Arteta mixing with Cabaye seems a bit volatile. Both niggling dirty little monkeys, both liable to get sent off. And then there’s Tiote

They will pitch speed against our LB, so I hope Pardew selects the right man.

Indeed the game that will define our run-in.

• 23 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Tunski who would you deploy as LB for this game ?

• 24 davetoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

@swemag totally agree, we missed Cabaye when he was out recently.
    Doesn’t mean we cant be successful without him but would take a while to get a new MF working together

• 25 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Sorry Tsunki

• 26 Tsunki // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I think Haidara has been brought up to speed by Pards with a view to getting him a start for games like this. I’m not sure I would put MYM In as he hasn’t started lately. Unfortunately.

• 27 bills-son // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Arsenal will know all about Santon and I’ll be amazed if he isn’t targeted. There is a reason why Pards has brought Haidara on recently and he must be close to a start.

• 28 Tsunki // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Blaydon – I have been called worse :)

• 29 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Good shout but please no Santon – his positional play and ball watching would be a real concern for me I’m still to be convinced by him as some on here seem to think he is mustard but he has a long wag to go for me

• 30 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I’m sure you have cunski

• 31 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM

:-)

• 32 Tsunki // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I think its beginning to dawn on most that Santon has inbuilt limitations in his positional awareness. You either have it or you don’t. He don’t.

• 33 ilovetoon8788 // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM

It’s vital that Tiote comes back tomorrow. We looked completely lost and beaten without his presence there. Even Cabaye and Anita looked lost. We needed 2 red cards to set us up to victory. Up till then it was a painful to watch.

Arfa out with Tiote in should do just fine. We need his grit in the middle.

Would be sad to see Cabaye go though. Another 6 months before he departs. Hope we bring someone just as classy to replace as well.

• 34 jazzyp // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Willo granted is having one of his best seasons for us but if they put Walcott or anyone with pace this is where I worry and become concerned.On santon could become an excellent defender but his positional is shocking, Has a lot to learn does the lad

• 35 The True American // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:29 PM

We can do this.

We can win.

I’d love to see Hatem start and withdrawal Vurnon.

I’d love to have 36 points.

I’d love to love Newcastle even more.

• 36 Douglas // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Transfer Window:
    I suggest Pardew sells Santon, Gutierez, Obertan, Marveau. Hiadara is a better back than Santon with Dummet as back up. The other 3 are not getting a game.
    Buy: a back up right back, Remy plus another forward. Cant see us adding more players but the squad would still be small.

• 37 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Did anyone watch WHam vs. WBA? Had hoped WBA would have pilled more misery on fat Sam :(

Swansea is definitely in bad form; funny how luck seems to avoid you when you are down in the gutter (we know all about that :( )

• 38 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM

*and speaking of Swansea :) lol

…thank you Lamah

• 39 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Man City really struggling to make any headway against Palace.

• 40 jazzyp // Dec 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Jesper
    A cracking game it was, But anelka is in big trouble for some anti semetic hand gesture after scoring a goal ive read

• 41 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Santon will never make it as a defender. Unless he is coached into a new position he will never make it as a top footballer. Fancy with the ball at his feet but does little with it and even less without it. Had it not been for Haidara’s injury, Santon would have been benched months ago.

• 42 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Gotta go guys!

…talk to you all later :)

*Jazzyp…Anelka is a friggin’ idiot :)

• 43 roy // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Tskunki your football knowledge is laughable.

• 44 Lucky Les // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Blaydon Toon
    Have you named 12 players in your team at 20?
    One way of trying to get a win!

• 45 davetoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM

really looking forward to tomorrows game. Think Arsenal are there for the taking but we must start better than we did against Stoke.
    They have only had 1 win in their last 5 games and that was the only easy game against west ham

• 46 JP...from The Rock // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM

jayphoto – Bendtner?? You must be joking! He is awful and we could do way much better than him.

Not surprised to see that Arsenal are rumoured to go for Remy when his loan deal ends at the end of the season.

We should do our upmost to make sure he signs for us long term. He has been the difference this season. Without him we would be mid table. I know there are other strikers out there but Remy is fast, talented, French, has gelled well with our team, has EPL experience and is one of the top scorers in the league ahead of Van Persie.

I would be gutted to see the likes of Arsenal take Remy from us.

He is one of the reasons we look so good these days. We need to sign him permanently and sign another striker to compliment him (Shola’s replacement).

I honestly think we are a striker, attacking midfielder and perhaps a winger away from being a regular to 4 side.

We’ll find out how determined our owner is to achieve these lofty ambitions in a couple of days time.

• 47 AaranD // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Yanga had Walcott in his pocket last season. Offers less going forward but could compensate for HBA starting.

• 48 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Hull hammering Fulham – don’t think Hul are in any danger of going down, given their first half of the season showing, Fulham however are gonna be in there ’til the end and don’t look up for the scrap.

• 49 JP...from The Rock // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I would drop Santon and bring in Haidara against the gunners.

Santon really has been a bit of a disappointment so far this season. He has not carried on his great progress from last season and is again being caught out of position way too much for my liking.

It’s a case of laziness from the lad as often he seems not bothered to run back to his position when we lose possession.

Having Debuchy on the opposite flank highlights this fact even more. Debuchy is constantly running forward and back for the full 90 minutes.

If Santon hasn’t got the energy levels Debuchy has then he should not venture too far forward and let his team mates create the chances.

Santon needs to learn quickly when to go up and support and when to stay back as he seems over committed to attack but unwilling to run back and win the ball back if the ball is lost.

Just as HBA needs to learn this the hard way so should Santon.

Haidara and Tiote back in the side for me and bring HBA on from the bench as an impact sub.

PS. whatever happened to Sammy Ameobi and Marveaux??

• 50 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM

To think Man U could be just 5pts from the top of the league tonight :(

• 51 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Tom Huddlestone getting his ‘fro chopped – Hull 4 – Fulham 0

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM

True American
    Just read that unwarranted attack on my posts, you really don’t have to read them !

• 53 Tommyy // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Damn Norwich being so useless, Utd without their main strike force and at Norwich. It’s sickening to see Utd be able shoot back up to the top despite playing distinctly average every game. Really infruriating as I know many Utd fans.

• 54 Lucky Les // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM

With reference to the possibility of Cabaye leaving us and doing well
    with another team I would suggest the following did ok when they left us namely, Supermac,Terry Mac,Beardsley Waddle, Gazza,Cole,Ginola
    So it is not always a bad decision.This being said it would be a sad day if Cabaye left us and joined this list.Cabaye is in my opinion our most complete team player

• 55 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Wow – Hull are absolutely taking the piss out of Fulham: 5-0 with 17+ to play. Huddlestone just smashed the bar with a free-kick from 40 yards and Fryatt from the rebound.

• 56 Oleg G // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:32 PM

What is it with Anelka? Saw this now in an Israeli news website here now.

The photo looks weird, looks like he is doing this gesture. But how did it look on the video? Anyone saw?

• 57 tarie4 // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM

so we win, everton draw and liverpool loses. we will be level on points with liverpool in fourth and 5 points of the top. With winnable games in january. (minus city, but they hot and cold away from home). We need to buy good foward player, one who comes in with a Cisse type bang. lets hope the Mr director of football does something in jan.

• 58 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:41 PM

6-0 wtf :lol:

• 59 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Pretty sure that’s a first – Hull have just taken off Huddlestone to go down to 10, of their own volition, for stoppage time – nothing wrong with him either, just that he’s been superb so a chance for a standing ovation.

• 60 Tsunki // Dec 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Roy @ 43 – how would you know? You even question your own posts and call yourself an idiot, which is the only thing I’ve seen you post correctly.

• 61 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Good spot lucky Les :-) guess Anita has to come out to give the Gooners a chance :-)

• 62 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM

What just happened to Fulham?

…talk about being down in the gutter ;-)

• 63 Blaydon-Toon // Dec 28, 2013 at 5:40 PM

SMB’S 1-0down ha ha ha :-)

• 64 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Jesper

They were pitiful – watched the match as I’m originally from Hull so they’re my second team. Hull were scintillating and Fulham were just victims of shock and awe second-half. Hull without 2 of their better players – Aluko and Brady. Huddlestone will definitely be getting mentioned for the England squad again, such a classy technician, not a better English passer around for me and he can do it with both feet, exceptional striker of the ball with both feet too and looks fitter than he has been for years, having regular playing time – 5m was a snip.

• 65 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Dec 28, 2013 at 5:48 PM

We better be wearing our Brazil Kit tomorrow.

• 66 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 5:48 PM

And the way the Muckems are going, Hull will be the nearest we have to a derby next season!

• 67 jazzyp // Dec 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Ted bundy
    Huddlestone a ready made replacement for the supposed outgoing departure of cabs then maybe ????

• 68 JP...from The Rock // Dec 28, 2013 at 5:58 PM

repost:

I am sick of all this negativity! It really is depressing. Some people will never be happy. These are the type of blokes that win the lottery and still complain that they haven’t won more money!

Disgusting attitude and thank God I don’t have them in front of me or else I would slap some sense into them.

We are playing great football. Our best since Sir Bobby the legend and all this with ‘Pardumb’ like some like to say.

He can’t be that dumb when he has us beating, Man Ure, Cheski, drawing Liverfool with 10 men etc.

The table doesn’t lie and the players are playing well thanks to his good management skills.

So lighten up and enjoy the moment because it could be far worse!!

• 69 kilcline // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM

A good window:

Sign Ince with Gosling and a couple of mill going the other way
    Sign Hughes from Derby and loan him back
    Sign Gomis

• 70 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:08 PM

People who use good results as a way to mask what is wrong at our club need slapped in the fact too, I should know, because I used to be one of them.

Not saying that Pardew doesn’t deserve credit, but decent results does not mean that everything is rosy once more.

• 71 martoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I’m really hoping we get a result tomorrow (obviously) but if we do lose I hope all the doom and gloom merchants such as Catchy don’t come crawling out the woodwork it is no disgrace to get beat by a very good Arsenal team.

• 72 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

It would be a good window if we sign Gomis? I’d say it’d be a good window if we manage to avoid signing him like the plague. He’s s**te

• 73 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Jazzyp

He definitely has some of the same characteristics, thrives on being the main man, the onus to be on him to steer the match – his performance 2nd half today was a pleasure to watch. Dunno about a Cabaye replacement, the premium on English players is well known and he seems to be really taking to Hull and Steve Bruce; his worth to them currently would be out of our comfort zone, no doubt. He cited playing time as his main reason for moving and took a pay cut, so think he’s just enjoying playing once again.

• 74 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I would go for Mitroglu over Gomis like

• 75 toonking // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM

hi fellow mags

a win for us tomorrow will be the vital ingredient for how we do in the coming months as these 2 months look the hardest of all.

January has only 1 home game which is against city the other 3 are all away to Norwich west ham and west brom, the transfer window could make them that bit easier as those teams will be re-arranging their squad.

febuary is not as difficult as jan but still some tough ones and I’m quite surprised that the only one shown live is the villa game.
    sunderland H
    Chelsea A
    spurs H
    Aston villa H

• 76 kilcline // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Ciaran we need a strong physical striker to hold the ball up who is better than Shola and won’t cost £10m as we wont pay that. Gomis for a couple of million would be a good buy.

• 77 scottoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Living the dream on my first ever visit to Newcastle. Watched us stuff Stoke (poor for the first 40…..thanks Mr. Atkinson), stadium tour, lunch at Nine Bar, visit to the Back Page, and let’s cap it off with a win against the Arse tomorrow. Absolutely magical.

For me, Haidara gets the start over Santon tomorrow. More responsible, stronger in the tackle, but still adventurous. I think Pardew may go 4-4-2 and drop HBA for Shola. HBA was incredible against Stoke after they went down to nine, but before that we looked vulnerable on the right. The Sissoko Debuchy link up was missing badly. 4-4-2 allows Gouff and either Santon or Haidara to stay on the left, Tiote and Cabaye in the middle. Koscielny is probs out so Shola can work his hold up magic against the weaker Mertesacker giving Remy more room to run.

I think the match will be an absolute cracker and I cant wait.

• 78 roy // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:22 PM

@60 still no improvement on the knowledge side.

• 79 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Kilcline

I agree with you that we need a big strong physical centre forward, but Gomis is a slightly better Shola.

Mike Ashley needs to learn that sooner or later, the luck we have been having in the transfer market will wear out and that eventually he will need to pay big in order to get a striker of any worth.

We signed Cisse for 9million and at the time it looked like a bargain, but ever since his explosive start, it actually looks like we’ve been duped.

In this day and age, you will never ever sign a 20 goal a season striker without paying over 10 million quid. So unless Ashley is prepared to pay that, it appears we are going to have to settle for dud signings like Gomis. But just because we have to settle for these dud signings, does not make them good signings.

• 80 kilcline // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM

We should be looking in Belgium and Africa for a striker.

• 81 roy // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Pardew should pack the midfield tomorrow, Mr T for HBA in a 4-5-1 line up. 3-1 to the Mags!

• 82 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM

In fact you will not sign a 10-15 goal a season striker for anything less than 10 million, and if you’re striker is not going to get you 10 goals a season then what would be the point in signing him?

• 83 89Norcal // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:27 PM

ffs kick off is at 5:30am

• 84 kilcline // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Ciaran i would sign Benteke

• 85 89Norcal // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Sunderland have been awful.

• 86 pottsclock // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Jordan Mutch looking very impressive for Cardiff. Wants the ball all the time and dangerous with it.

• 87 Big Pappa Cissé // Dec 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM

@ Kilcline

I would have Benteke but would not pay more than £ 10 million for him at the minute. On his day he is a beast and has everything you would want in a target man style striker . Pace, power, great hold up play and on his day unplayable .

He could have done a Cisse and blown his load early in his PL career and never found his past form, or he could just be having a bad spell in a poor villa side . Strange like because I remember him nearly going to Spurs for £20 odd million at one point .

But if it pays off and he links up with Cabaye, Sissoko and a few of our other quality players we could strike gold.

• 88 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Benteke is easily worth over 10 million. He’s going through a rough spell and had his issues with injury but he brings a lot to the team with his hold up play, strength and surprising technical ability.

If it was a choice between Benteke for 12-15 million, or Gomis for 2 million, I would have Benteke every day of the week because as football fans we should not give a damn about transfer fees of a multi-million pound business that is owned by a multi-billionaire.

• 89 bills-son // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:02 PM

QPR signed Remy for £8M.

Benteke was signed for £7M.

Who says you can’t get 10-20 goal a season strikers for less than £10M?

• 90 santonthenewmaldini // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Michu was also a couple of million ….

• 91 89Norcal // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Benteke had an amazing run last season. Might be worth a look if his value has diminished any bit. He’s still very young.

• 92 bills-son // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:04 PM

West Ham signed Ba for £7M and we got him for free.

Another 10-20 goal a season man for less than £10M.

• 93 martoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Ciaran – Big money doesn’t guarantee goals. Liverpool signed a duff striker for £35m – I forget his name :)

• 94 bills-son // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Santon, correct.

Puts pad to the £10M nonsense.

• 95 santonthenewmaldini // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Sunderland are shocking they are playing even worse under Poyet ! Think of the money that they have spent in the last few seasons compared to us we better rout them at St James’s in the return fixture its not going to be acceptable to not win that one by 3 or 4 goals !

• 96 89Norcal // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Scum got gifted a goal there. what terrible marking

• 97 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Bills

Remy has yet to score 15 goals this season, but probably will.

Benteke was a gem, unlikely to find another like him who takes to the PL in such spectacular fashion.

Ba never scored 20 goals in a single season for us.

In world football strikers are prize commodities. Signing a top 6 standard striker for under 10 million is nigh on impossible.

• 98 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Actually Bills, do yourself a favour and don’t bother responding because I am tired of your drivel.

I would also like to note that while you say you ‘never’ respond to any of my posts, it was you who chimed in this evening on something I was saying, not the other way around.

If you really have nothing better to do than to look for holes in my arguments so you can then chip in and have a go, then you’re an even sadder man than I once thought.

• 99 pottsclock // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I’ll eat my hat – and enjoy it – if we sign Benteke in January. Given the position that Villa are in they will not want to lose a player whose goals would help ensure their safety. Plus he has been injured and if he harbours World Cup ambition he would surely prefer to get back to fitness in an environment he is familiar with.
    He signed a 4 year deal in the summer. Only big money (circa. £15m) would get him and probably then only in the summer.
    JAMMY SCUMS !!

• 100 Ron Knee // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Wow. SAFC equalise!

• 101 89Norcal // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Sunderland draw at the death

Why God, WHY?

• 102 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM

So there you have it, in black & white, Ruddy would rather have a reckless owner like Freddy Shephard, that’ll splash cash willy-nilly and not care about the consequences. I said T4Cs main gripe, the common cause that brings them and heir supporters together, is that Ashley won’t indulge their sugar daddy fantasies and all this ‘treat club legends with disrespect’ yada-yada are just quibbles utilised to try and validate their cause.

• 103 kilcline // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Sunderland are so lucky!

I would like to see us sign promising youngsters like we did under SBR. Our crop are not good enough bar dummett and alun armstrong

• 104 tarie4 // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM

ciaran u said 10-15 mate.remy has 10 ba got 13 and 16. bills is spot on.. just admit u got it wrong mate..and Gomis has consistently scored over 10 goals a season.. and bargain buys will never run out..that is why u have a good scout for.. hey van persie cost arsenal 3 mill..

• 105 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Ted

I don’t want trophy signings, nor do I want freebies and cut corners. If you think Ashley’s transfer policy will see us compete at the level we should be (top 6 every season) then I think you are in for a rude awakening.

• 106 kilcline // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM

*Adam

• 107 Ciaran // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Tarie

I don’t know where you’re getting your stats on Gomis but he has scored 50 goals in 141 games for Lyon. He’s a terrible striker.

• 108 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Ted Bundy,
    I’ve re-read the posts you say are in black and white and can’t find reference to Ruddy/Ciaran saying he would rather have a reckless owner like FFS, I think we would all like an owner who was a mixture of Ashleys careful scouting and FFS ambition.

• 109 tarie4 // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM

ciaran
    thats a goal every 3 games..and how many games in a season?? 38. see where i got my 10 from. by the way he holds some record in france for scoring at least 10 goals a season.. look it up. and by the way with that record how is it slightly better than shola who has a goal evey 15 games?

• 110 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Ciaran,
    50 in 140 isn’t too bad, I don’t know anything about the French league but if GC says he’s good he must be worth a shout, I’m sure he touted the right Almalfalmaltino, but the club Dirk Dastardly screwed up.

• 111 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Well given his one and only stated policy is self-sufficiency and we’re set to make 30m+ profit this season, I think I’ll sit tight.

• 112 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM

“….as football fans we should not give a damn about transfer fees of a multi-million pound business that is owned by a multi-billionaire.”

JFA,

Are you incapable of reading between the lines? Not that there is much missing from that statement to fill the picture.

• 113 bills-son // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Tarie4

Cheers, you saved me making exactly the same points that you made.

You can buy 10+ goal a season strikers for less than £10M and no matter how he tries to weasel his way out of it that is what he clearly stated wasn’t possible.

He has more faces than the town clock.

• 114 kilcline // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Is this our future?

————————Krul

Debuchy—Williamson——-MYM——Haidara

—————–Tiote—–Anita

Sissoko—————Ben A———–Gouffran

————————Remy

• 115 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Ted Bundy,
    If he puts a chunk of that money into transfers and we see the ‘debt’ we’re in reduced then maybe we can call that progress.

• 116 dcdick // Dec 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Time for me to leave this forum……………football is not what it used to be, more theatre & money these days than sport.

As an example, it makes me want to scream when I see a “goalscorer” running away from his team mates to do some strange dance & ritual, then lie down with outstretched arms to accept the adulation of his team. Uuurgh !!!

So, for the last time people

Pardew out !!!

ps…….fingers crossed for a win over Arsenal

• 117 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Bundy,
    Do you have to be reckless to spend big money, was the 19/30M spent in January really reckless.

• 118 Sazzer // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I would stay away from Gomis. I’m all for Hughes and Ince.

But Hughes is said to be set for Liverpool on loan back deal.

Ince should still up for grabs and Liverpool seem to be going for Salah. So it looks possible Ince might see us as his best option now.

• 119 tarie4 // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:05 PM

bills-son

it takes real character and humbleness for someone to hold his hands up and say, i got it wrong there folks.
    Anyway whats ur take on tomorrow game? and the said gomis?

• 120 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Christ lads……………………even the German and British armies had a truce in the trenches for Xmas………………..any chance of one on here and no more of this one-upmanship???

• 121 Sazzer // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Indikalia had us linked with Pato.

• 122 bills-son // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM

tarie4,

I think we need a five man midfield with Anita not HBA to match Arsenal + when we get possession we have to retain it not give it away as easily as we did to Swansea who imo are a poor mans Arsenal.

I also think they will target Santon and get Walcott on him as often as they can.

Our best chance is getting Remy in one on one’s with their CB’s who aren’t the quickest. Mind, ours aren’t either.

I’d love a win but a draw would be a good result.

2.0 to the Toon :-)

• 123 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I think a draw against Arsenal would be a good result, yes we are playing very well at the moment but they are a side that will challenge for the title and Wallcot’s pace is going to cause Santon and Colo major problems

• 124 bills-son // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM

tarie4,

I watched Gomis in a cup match a couple of weeks ago and although he scored I wasn’t impressed.

He doesn’t close defenders down and isn’t physical for a guy of his size. I wasn’t overly impressed with his movement off the ball either.

But, thats just one game and Carr will have seen him in plenty. Mind, we nearly sign Maiga and he’s not looked great at West Ham.

• 125 John Tudor // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM

what good is potato head

• 126 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:25 PM

tarie,
    I was applauded by bills the season we finished fifth for being humble and giving
    Ashley credit, but I think we have been continually let down since and wish the guy was plying his trade at Cardiff.

• 127 Ted Bundy // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Not when spread across 5 acquisitions held in high regard that are thoroughly researched, no, but if people don’t think they should ‘have to give a damn about transfer fees’, then I’d say toodle-oo, go and support a husk of a club like Man City and stop pretending you’re on a crusade of morality, trying to oust the big bad owner on those grounds, when really you’re just upset he won’t buy you all the toys you want.

Another thing; I don’t understand, your whole schtick is that Ashley has short arms and long pockets, and now you just described January as him spending big money.

• 128 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Bundy,
    I don’t understand your sick fusk user name !

• 129 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Ted Bundy

We spent quiet a bit last January as our PL place was under serious threat, it’s gonna be interesting to see if, or how much we spend this coming January as while we are flying high in the league we are still seriously short in one or two areas and a few injuries could hurt us big time

• 130 kilcline // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Ashley – Not a bad 3-5 year strategy but too often cuts corners or throws an absolute curveball.

Do i want Ashley to sell up? Yes, the only way we will compete where we should be is for a ruthless multi billionaire owner to come in and splash the cash.

City, Utd, Chelsea, , Liverpool and Arsenal are miles ahead of us, Everton have got their by hard work and Spurs will finish above us but have spent fortunes over the past few years.

Gone are the times that kids and cheap foreigners can achieve more than top 6.

• 131 Sazzer // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM

If you go by stats then Gomis and Cisse are not so far apart. They offer more or less the same thing.

• 132 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Sazzer

The difference being that Cisse is in a major slump and Gomis is playing like he always has.

I honestly dont give a damn how much a player costs as we have proven time and time again that we don’t have to spend big money to get good players, but Gomis is one I’d prefer we stayed away from as he’s simply a younger and poorer version of Shola

• 133 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:51 PM

The only thing that has changed this season under Ashley is that we are playing well, although I love my club a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon and having a pop at me because I won’t change my stance on my views against him, if he doesn’t spend in January, his supporters will say we didn’t need to top ten is the aim.

• 134 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Jail for Ashley

If he can get away without spending anything he will. If we had been is this position last Xmas we wouldn’t have seen Sissoko, Mapou, Gouffran or Haidara. Whether or not Debuchy would have arrived is open to debate as were in for the lad in the summer, but the rest, not a chance.

Spend to survive not to succeed is Ashley’s mantra

• 135 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Going to miss the game tomorrow – going to the theater!

…so here is me crossing my fingers (bugs me that I am going to miss this game :( )

• 136 jimiley // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Jail,
    You are right that the owner has no ambition for our club except to stay in the Preiership whist he pockets all the profits. He only buys when we are in relegation trouble. Would the Toon sell Suarez for 80 or 100 million? Stupid question. Liverpool want to win the league. They want to WIN something. They want to keep him and pay him 200 grand a week. Can anybody envisage the Toon doing that? Liverpool cannot afford 200K a week either but they will do all they can to keep their best players. bbcause they want to be winners. We TALK about keeping our best players but will sell if the price is right. Our best player Cabaye will be gone if somebody offers 20 million for Ashley to pocket. Talk of Champions League will be bollocks then, because money is more important to our owner than winning anything.

• 137 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 8:59 PM

going to the theater????????????????????

You have down in my estimations jesper :(

• 138 tequilamag // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM

JB so how come he bought Cisse when we were in a similar position to now?

• 139 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:03 PM

JB…I’d be tempted to go as far as saying Jesper may be a Mackem for missing the game, but a Mackem going to the theater?

• 140 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:03 PM

tequilamag

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that he sold Carrol for 35 million?

Why are we waiting until January when after last season every man and his dog knew we were short and we sign one loan player……………..hardly a sign of ambition is it

• 141 tequilamag // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Bloody hell it`s Ibixca.
    Hows it going amigo?

• 142 Sazzer // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Jack
    I agree that we should stay away from Gomis but he’s not a younger and poorer version of Shola.

Instead as I pointed out he’s will offer overall more or less the same thing as Cisse.

• 143 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Ibiza

A Mackem and the theatre…………………now thats a scary idea

• 144 tequilamag // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:07 PM

JB I dont pretend to understand what goes through his mind, the point is we did buy Cisse when we never had to and his goals got us that 5th place finish.
    It would be an error to think there is no possibility we will spend.

• 145 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Sazzer

He’s a million mile away from the type of player that Cisse is.

The Lyon fans call him Go Miss – and it’s not said as a term of endearment

• 146 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Tequila…Going well mate, holidaying in California. Looking forward to the 5.30am KO tomorrow. This drinking first thing in the morning is working well out well though…mind, I haven’t dealt with a loss yet…so fingers crossed.

How’s things with you?

JB…Scary indeed. Maybe they could take in an adaptation of Les Miserables?

Everyone…Come on, are we really trying to make sense of Ashleys spending record? There is little reason or rhyme other than if it is absolutely needed and / or a deal can be struck. There’s your guideline :)

• 147 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM

tequilamag

We could spend 50 million, we could sell four or five players……………………under Ashley anything is possible.

I’m hoping and praying that we do go out and get two or three players in but I simply don’t understand why we would leave it until January when we all knew we needed players in the summer.

Okay we have done very well, we’ve had hardly any injuries of note and the form of all the players is very good but an injury to Remy and we are in trouble

• 148 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Well ignoring the fact silly season starts again in a few days and speculation starts about who we will/won’t sign and who we will/won’t sell and what impact that has on the club ambition etc we still have a very very important game tomorrow
    With Manure picking up 3 points today and Spurs playing Stoke tomorrow we imo absolutely need to pick up at least a point tomorrow to maintain pressure and keep pace with the top 6

• 149 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM

JB
    Thankfully Go miss came out the other day saying he will be leaving OL but not until the summer
    Hopefully we stay well away from this lad

• 150 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM

tads

Tomorrow is a massive game for both clubs but a draw wouldn’t be that bad for us

• 151 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM

tads

• 152 tequilamag // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Ibiza I am well mate.
    JB agreed we have rode our luck to some extent with injuries., but then we got little luck last year with injuries.
    I agree the summer transfer window was poor to say the least and you are probably correct that MA would have taken top 10 at the start of the season-but now- maybe just maybe- he might think screw it lets go for it.

• 153 jimiley // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM

The top teams are different class to us. Honest. We are punching above our weight and will be found out as soon as we play a few games in a week or get a few injuries. We have been lucky injury wise. We have no strength in depth. Jonas is waiting to return.So is Cisse. See what I mean

• 154 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:20 PM

tequila,
    Because we were promised a striker to partner AC before he was sold, we could go roundd in circles to say Demba Ba was his replacement, but we needed Cisse and the reason we got him was Mashley thought he was getting a bargain, after that 4-2 against Norwich and the 5-0 drubbing against Spurs it was fuskin obvious we needed a CB but the fat man chose to gamble, he won with a 10 and a 7

• 155 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:21 PM

tequila

Maybe, just maybe he will say ‘This lot are too happy, Joe sell Cabaye, Tiote and Krul and lets bring them back down with a bump’ ;)

• 156 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:28 PM

JB…what can I say? the family has spoken ;) lol

• 157 tequilamag // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:28 PM

JFA, we never left enough time to replace AC in that window and that was a reckless gamble which paid off but it was still a very risky gamble. That was 3 years ago now though ,we have bought Cisse bought and sold Ba since then and now have Remy. We are not short of numbers up top but we could do with an upgrade in quality.

• 158 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:29 PM

JB,
    Don’t put smileys on that, it could easily happen, we have to accept that every player has his price but I can’t see us holding out for the good of the club if the price is met.

• 159 Sazzer // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:29 PM

He still the same type of player and his goal-ratio isn’t that far of Cisse.

• 160 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Ibiza…exactly you cheeky bastard ;)

…I am not even sure there is a theater in 5under1and???

• 161 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:34 PM

tequila,
    Agreed, but if you remember I was so impressed when he bought Cisse when he could have bought Danny Graham, I still think we should have bought a CB but was happy with the ride.

• 162 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Are you still in America sowing your royal oats? lol

• 163 jimmysmith // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Enjoy the ride when you can, give credit where credit is due, but never, ever, put all your trust and faith in the fat man. No way, no chance. Our best, and likely only real hope is in our own vigilance in keeping that bastard relatively honest, ………. or Richard Branson in cahoots with Sting and Jimmy Nail.

• 164 Tsunki // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Ibiza is ALIVE! ALIVE I TELLS YOU!

I hope all is stable along the San Andreas Fence?

• 165 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Jesper…In Palm Springs? Not really a fan of necrophilia tbh :)

• 166 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Jail for Ashley

As much as I dislike Ashley you have to say that there’s never a dull moment with the cheapskate, tat selling, pie eating fool as our owner

• 167 Belfast // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Hello is it me you’re looking for…..

• 168 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM

JimmySmith,
    I’d be so much happier in our position with two of those three in charge, and even RB the tory under the other twos guidance !

• 169 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Tsunki…The San Andreas is calm for now….still early days though.

If my fence can survive Newcastle united, it can survive anything!

Hope you had a good Christmas.

• 170 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Belfast….That’s unlikely, isn’t it?

• 171 Tsunki // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Just say Skunki once more……

• 172 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Ibiza…necrophilia you say!

…I am not asking you to sodomize the dead my friend ;) lol

*I am not sure I dare asking what you are up to in America now?

• 173 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Ibiza’s Grab A Granny American Tour – Got a pulse? Doesn’t matter Ibiza’a here to make your dreams come true, so throw your walkers to one side ladies and get on board the Ibiza love train

:D

• 174 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Belfast…it’s has been a while since we have had a good Lionel Richie song on this blog (I use to remember how Ibiza loved Lionel Richie ;) )

• 175 Tsunki // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Ashley is ok if you like spoiled fat kids with kids with spite guns.

• 176 Belfast // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM

That Vincent Tan seems a nice chap. Anybody see him booing at the final whistle earlier ?? Excellent. haha

I did say many times on here, never trust a man who tucks his t-shirt into his trousers… :)

• 177 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM

‘……………..I can see it in your eye’s………………….I can see it in your smile……………..’

• 178 Belfast // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Hi Spunki

• 179 Jail for Ashley // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM

JB,
    Pay me the money which I will in turn donate to the victims of child labour and I will assassinate him, 5K should do it, I will give you my paypal on request !

• 180 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Jail for Ashley

I’m sure a whip round will easily get the amount you need :D

• 181 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM

i wonder how many of you saying gomis is poor have actually seen him play. he has scored 4 in his last 4. watched him in last two .he came on for 20 odd mins and put away a chance very nicely trapping a ball and burying it in one movement.his last match on a horrible plastic pitch he scored a tap in and worked well throughout.he may even improve his record in this country like gouffran. 9 goals in three years played wide ,9 goals inunder a year played wide here. dont think gomis is brilliant but is he worse than alditore ,bony, soldado ,osvaldo lamella, who have cost quite a bit more -no

• 182 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Jesper…Let’s just say the crowd here in Palm Springs is more suited to your age group rather than mine :)

JB…So you saw my ad during the Stoke game? Not cheap those advertising boards….

• 183 Belfast // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I’m not that sure about this trousers pulled up to your armpits look, that Vincent Tan seems to be going for like.

Plus the leather gloves and black sunglasses in winter.
    I’m not feeling it..

• 184 Ben3arfa // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Ashley better buy Remy that greedy fat scumbag

• 185 Belfast // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Thought you might have missed my presense ibiza

• 186 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM

1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE

I’ve watched Go Miss for a few years and have never been impressed with him, is he as good as Bony or Soldado?

He’s not even in the same class as those two as the records will show. Put either of those in our starting 11 and they’d be scoring for fun.

I’d rather see Belfast starting up front to Go Miss

• 187 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:00 PM

PTBAG (same as the old one?)
    ” but is he worse than alditore ,bony, soldado ,osvaldo lamella, who have cost quite a bit more -no”
    Not really a fair range there is it? Listing a mixture of CF’s and wingers who range from sh*te to decent to gauge Gomis

Yes I have seen him play and the lad has never been a consistent scorer in a far less superior league, the lad is 28 nearly 29 never played outside of France and looks like he’d struggle to fit into/integrate into a faster paced more physical league

• 188 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Ibiza
    Back up to old tricks in the US then!

• 189 Quasimodo's tailor // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Remy is not a greedy fat scumbag. Unless, of course, he doesn’t permanently sign for us, in which case he will be a greedy scumbag.

• 190 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Belfast
    Looking at Vincent Tan is what i imagine Terminator 19 will look like when they give the Terminator role to a very old Jackie Chan

• 191 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Belfast…Missed your presence? You are a funny one :)

• 192 Belfast // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Your man Alditore is a tube like, somebody always used to say he was class on here, can’t remember who it was.

• 193 JackButler // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Seydou Doumbia is out of contract in the summer……………..just saying

• 194 Sazzer // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I see that Stoke is linked with 7 m £ transfer for Adrian Ramos. I hope we get involved.

• 195 Belfast // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Mad Vincent has completely lost the plot like.

That was quality when he booed earlier though, I’ll give him that. :)

• 196 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM

But Ibiza I have such a young and fresh mindset ;) what’s age then? lol

• 197 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Tads…I’ve warned Mister Tuff about this in the past and now it is your turn.

I did not sign the release form for that video, so please refer from posting it to the public domain.

These are my private moments and I’d like them kept that way ;)

• 198 Belfast // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I wouldn’t get your hopes up like.
    I won’t be expecting any signings unless we get loads of injuries in the next few weeks.
    Might change my mind if Cabaye leaves before the last day

• 199 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Jesper…Oh yes, young at heart :)

Birthdays are good for you. Stats show those who have the most live the longest. Fact.

You old so and so.

• 200 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Ibiza…with the way you treat yourself stats are on my side :D

• 201 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Ibiza
    As the fat blonde lad i did sign the form though!
    Now stop sh*ging my nan ya git!

• 202 Sazzer // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM

And with Doumbia too.

• 203 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Jesper…That works for me :)

So then, seems the blog is fairly evenly split with views on the Arsenal game. Certainly not an easy game. Personally, I would have written this one off a while ago, so will be happy enough to see a committed performance from the lads.

• 204 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Tads…I was only being polite after she offered me a Werther’s.

• 205 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM

When are you due back from the land of opportunities?

• 206 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Feb 10th. Flying visit ;)

• 207 pottsclock // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM

That Vincent Tan should be the villain in a Bond film….

• 208 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM

So you are gone for 90 days (when visa runs out?)

…are there still posters of me at L.A. X or can I enter the country again lol

• 209 jimmysmith // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM

While delighted by our form, I’ll admit to having been quite terrified of Arsenal under Wenger. The prospect of this one isn’t so bad though, kind of like the thrill of going out on a date with the girl you know’s a little too fast for you. Even so, you wouldn’t miss it for quids.

• 210 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Jesper…Was that you on the trafficking posters?

Think I am short of the 90 days, doesn’t matter anyway as I have a proper visa for the US…that was after being held at LAX for 6 odd hours previously though…fun times.

• 211 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Jimmy…It’s a bit of a bonus game really, which is a wonderful position to be in. Would hate to be playing them “needing” points at the other end of the table.

Been there, done that, didn’t really enjoy the stress of it :)

Now, about these girls who are “a little too fast”….

• 212 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM

jfa cant understand why you are living in the past 154 .although the defence struggled against norwich at 4-2 it was also because gosling made a bad back pass and got sent off also, move on and stop boring people with talk of ac etc. jb at 186 bony has a good record in holland but is very slow how many goals in pl in ateam that creates plenty of chances.how many goals has soldado scored apart from penalties in an attacking team. tarmy at 187 no not the same but do you seriously think swansea or spurs would rather keep their players or have their money back if they had the choice .niether are good buys imo.

• 213 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Yeah…they weren’t so keen to letting go through either ;) cheeky bastard lol

…so is it business or pleasure or a bit of both? and why Palm Beach)

• 214 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Ibiza
    Like i said for me, we need a point tomorrow to keep pace with the top six, we dropped a place today with Manure picking up points and Spuds have Stoke tomorrow, I know top six wasn’t perhaps the seasons agenda but now where there there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be busting a gut to stay there!

Wonder where clubs like Fulham and the Scum go from here? Both sacked there managers and replaced them and both have if anything gotten even sh* tter!

• 215 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Jesper…The trip is for pleasure, although Ibiza business continues. Spent some time in LA and going back there towards the end. I’m in Palm Springs as it is boring as hell and I can’t get in to too much trouble….I have summers in Ibiza for that.

• 216 tarie4 // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:46 PM

jb

Seydou Doumbia now there is a player taylor made for the epl, big, strong and fast. really fast. one if the few complete forwards in the world. sign him and remy, i will certainly be dreaming of a champs place. swap with cisse and cash on top maybe?

• 217 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:53 PM

PTBAG
    Do I think Spurs would want there money back for a proven poacher and one of the most talented free scoring prospects in Europe? Ummmm no, no I don’t, I think spurs wanted a manager who would play to those players strengths, which Sherwood has started doing and both Lamela and Soldado are looking better for it
    Osvaldo is also doing well for Saints
    Altidore I said was proper sh1te when they signed him, I stand by that and stand by my opinion that Gomis has none of the characteristics to make it the Prem
    Just because he’s possibly cheap now doesn’t make him a bargain, they wanted €10 mil in the summer and reckoned they had clubs fighting left right and center for him, yet everyone walked away, as they have done every time a club has been in for him and heard his wage demands
    The lad is pony, doesn’t fit our transfer policy and makes no sense whatsoever and I hope we stay well clear of this lad

• 218 Sazzer // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM

tarie4
    Doumbia ain’t that big unless you’re are talking about something else =) He is really fast though.

• 219 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Ibiza…rent a car and drive up Mullholland Drive and watch some Case Study Houses :)

…L.A. is much prettier from up there any way lol

• 220 jimmysmith // Dec 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Ibiza, that was just a clumsily put metaphor. If I had any real experience with fast women I’d have been more suggestive and be spending less time on this blog. Then again, I do carry the scars of one or two……sigh!

• 221 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 28, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Ibiza
    I think he meant “too fast” as in they have legged it before he can get them in the van ;)

• 222 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Jesper…Look at houses? Sounds an awful lot like work!

Jimmy…Cheers, getting me all excited for nothing :)

Tads…Could well be ;)

• 223 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Ibiza…are you in Palm Springs, Florida as we speak or Palm Springs, California?

• 224 Ibizatoon // Dec 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Jesper…Palm Springs, CA. Between LA and San Diego (Meaning a whales vagi….nevermind…).

• 225 jimmysmith // Dec 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Yes, yes, those were the days……..when a bloke could bundle a bird into the back of a van when in need and no one would cock a snoot…..what’s it all coming to, I ask you?

• 226 toonarmydownsouth // Dec 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Such a dodgy goal from Colback!

• 227 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Ibiza…okay I need to hear the full story one day – how do you end up in Palm Springs, CA :D

• 228 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM

You should go to San Diego; that was my favorite place in CA :)

• 229 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Dec 28, 2013 at 11:26 PM

So it is like recreation or something? The Ibiza summer most have been tough on you this year mate ;)

…are you taking in some horseback riding and hiking?

previous post: This Top Club To Come After Newcastle Star In January