They Will Be As Fearful Of Us As We Are Of Them

Alan Pardew has talked about the big game tomorrow between Newcastle and Arsenal and the manager says the Geordie fans will be expecting the home side to win the game against the Gunners.

alan pardew palace

Alan Pardew – Arsenal are fighting to win the league

This is what Akan Pardew said today when told that Arsenal were in good form:

“Yes they are, but so are we and I think they will be as fearful of us as we are of them.” “We are at home and we will be expected by our fans to win the game.”

“We are looking forward to Arsenal as we have a lot of confidence. The spirit is very high and the team is working hard together. That’s why we are going the right way.”

“Arsenal are fighting to win the league. It’s good, because we have played well against big teams.”  “We try to play a similar way – we want to play good football. I think it’s going to be a nice game to watch.”

“Last year, it was difficult to try to find 11 players to play. At the minute, it’s difficult to find players to leave out.”  “We are in great shape and we take it into the next game. That’s all you can do in my experience of this league.”

In our poll for tomorrow’s game it’s almost split equally three ways that we will draw, win or lose the game.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Arsenal?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

As you might imagine the betting is on an Arsenal win – but anything can happen in this game tomorrow, and we could even beat Arsenal for the first time in quite a few seasons.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• jayphoto

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM

@jazzyp – i liked Maiga in france! Allardyces tactics don’t suit him at all! Saying that i think our newly converted left mid Gouffran has shocked us all with his effort , attitude and form (refused to play wide for bordeaux) and id take him over maiga any day

• Ciaran

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Good words Alan, now go out and put a side out with the effort, commitment and attitude that reflects those comments.

• davetoon

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Time for a hilarious walk down memory lane with Fat Sam

“I’m not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Internazionale or Real Madrid,” said Allardyce. “It wouldn’t be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the Double or the league every time.

“Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn’t be a problem.”

• jayphoto

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM

One striker i have always thought could be a decent player in a decent side is Bendtner! Still surprisingly young and would be very cheap!

• jayphoto

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:21 PM

@davetoon – if only his name was allardycio, west ham would be 5-0 up today!
    Think malky mckay being available will heap pressure on fat sam now!
    For all the bad decisions ashley has made, getting rid of allardyce is the best decision ive seen from a toon chairman since Sir Bobby was hired

• jazzyp

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Ruddy is it my turn for a bashing today !!
    What I meant was that cabs is our top midfield player and without doubt stands out from the midfield players we have. Whereas at Chelsea-city-arsenal he will not be as bigger player as what he is here and in my opinion will not be guaranteed an automatic starting position as he is here.
    Jayphoto
    totally agree on gouffy,Was one of his biggest critics last season,but im happy to say has proven me wrong.The guy has turned into a model pro for nufc and always puts in a shift for nufc which is all you can ask for in any player

• Ciaran

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Jazzy from previous thread

No bashings being given at all. Bills and I have our own ‘special relationship’ …

Cabaye would thrive in Arsenal’s set up I think. If we were to lose him, the only club I would be relatively content to see him sign for would be Arsenal because they are a club tailor made for his abilities.

Cabaye is a player who left his home-town club who had just won the title and qualified for CL to sign for a mid-table PL club. He does not rest on his laurels, he has ambition. He doesn’t want to be the big man for a medium size club, he wants to test himself against the best.

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Jayphoto Bendtner comment is a joke right ? He is a waster and his ego is massive for a player with such limitations – I don’t ever see him as a 20goal a season man

• jazzyp

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Ruddy
    I think its fair to say you and bills have a love hate relationship would you say lol

• Ciaran

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Jazzy

I’ll not comment on it any further, before he comes back on and accuses me of being ‘obsessed’ with him… haha

• davetoon

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM

my prediction would be that FS gets sacked and Bolton take him back where he belongs. He has a decent record getting them promoted after all

• jazzyp

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Ruddy
    Now now we wouldn’t wanthim to think your copying his posts again……he he stir the pot !!

• Transfer Sage

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM

fat sam is a poor manager for one reason

he only knows one style and it’s going out of fashion…for somebody who claims to be ahead of others with advancing sport science and the like he isn’t moving forward with tactics and seeing as carroll is out he hasn’t manged to find another way to play in half a season.

30 years ago he’d be a great manager, not he isn’t up to scratch….need to be able to adapt constantly in modern sport, things move so fast now that we live in a global world where everything is filmed, analysed, discussed….change takes place at such a quicker rate and people can know everything about you before you ever play them.

• jazzyp

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Blaydon
    Agree on bendtner, Has the ego the size of Kim sung ho and quite frankly has never impressed me whenever I have seen him play.Much better players out there for nufc to approach than this guy

• bills-son

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Unbelievable that Sland could be out of the bottom three if they win and Palace lose at City.

Just shows how bad it is at the bottom.

• jazzyp

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM

It would be an interesting prospect if west ham were to be relegated this term,What financial affects that would have for the club in respect of them moving into there new stadium for the 2016/17 season as there already having to pay off a £70 million pound bank debt at present.

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:46 PM

West Brom have some decent players I really rate Mulmbu(spelling) ? And Amalfitano puts in plenty of crosses it’s very tight down the bottom glad we are not in the relegation mix and fighting at the top end of the table !

• jayphoto

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Always thought Bendtner has the ability if a coach could change his attitude! He impresses for Denmark.
    West ham are a strange one! If the sack Allardyce theyll get relegated because most of the team (morrison and maiga aside) is set up to play direct and im not sure theyd cope with a more attractive style! With Andy Carroll playing and Fat Sam manager I think they are a nailed on mid table side, bit like Stoke! Very very risky to pin your whole seasons hopes on a proven injury crock though

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Big game tomorrow which is very tight one to call – if the Arse score first I think it will be a long afternoon chasing the ball. Having said that if we score first I think we are more the capable of causing an upset but first goal will be crucial !

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Never really post teams but here is what I would go with Krul Debuchy big mike Collo M’biwa Goofy Cabs Tiote Anita Sissoko Benny boy and Remy but pretty sure Santon will keep his place which really worries me … Think M’biwa played Walcott very well last season and would mean a much more solid defensive unit ????

• swemag

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

We loose Cabaye and we are not the same team. It IS a BIG deal.
    People that think we will just continue as is might be basing their judgment on last season when he was injured for a long time and did not have a proper pre season. We are looking at the real Cabaye in his prime at the moment.
    He is a top class player and a leader that makes players around him look better and instill courage and belief in them.
    But ok, maybe Carr has another ace up his sleave. It will be interesting to see what happens.

• Tsunki

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I called a draw but I think it’s optimistic. Midfield as ever the key, the likes of Arteta mixing with Cabaye seems a bit volatile. Both niggling dirty little monkeys, both liable to get sent off. And then there’s Tiote

They will pitch speed against our LB, so I hope Pardew selects the right man.

Indeed the game that will define our run-in.

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Tunski who would you deploy as LB for this game ?

• davetoon

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

@swemag totally agree, we missed Cabaye when he was out recently.
    Doesn’t mean we cant be successful without him but would take a while to get a new MF working together

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Sorry Tsunki

• Tsunki

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I think Haidara has been brought up to speed by Pards with a view to getting him a start for games like this. I’m not sure I would put MYM In as he hasn’t started lately. Unfortunately.

• bills-son

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Arsenal will know all about Santon and I’ll be amazed if he isn’t targeted. There is a reason why Pards has brought Haidara on recently and he must be close to a start.

• Tsunki

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Blaydon – I have been called worse 🙂

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Good shout but please no Santon – his positional play and ball watching would be a real concern for me I’m still to be convinced by him as some on here seem to think he is mustard but he has a long wag to go for me

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I’m sure you have cunski

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM

🙂

• Tsunki

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I think its beginning to dawn on most that Santon has inbuilt limitations in his positional awareness. You either have it or you don’t. He don’t.

• ilovetoon8788

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM

It’s vital that Tiote comes back tomorrow. We looked completely lost and beaten without his presence there. Even Cabaye and Anita looked lost. We needed 2 red cards to set us up to victory. Up till then it was a painful to watch.

Arfa out with Tiote in should do just fine. We need his grit in the middle.

Would be sad to see Cabaye go though. Another 6 months before he departs. Hope we bring someone just as classy to replace as well.

• jazzyp

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Willo granted is having one of his best seasons for us but if they put Walcott or anyone with pace this is where I worry and become concerned.On santon could become an excellent defender but his positional is shocking, Has a lot to learn does the lad

• The True American

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:29 PM

We can do this.

We can win.

I’d love to see Hatem start and withdrawal Vurnon.

I’d love to have 36 points.

I’d love to love Newcastle even more.

• Douglas

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Transfer Window:
    I suggest Pardew sells Santon, Gutierez, Obertan, Marveau. Hiadara is a better back than Santon with Dummet as back up. The other 3 are not getting a game.
    Buy: a back up right back, Remy plus another forward. Cant see us adding more players but the squad would still be small.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Did anyone watch WHam vs. WBA? Had hoped WBA would have pilled more misery on fat Sam 🙁

Swansea is definitely in bad form; funny how luck seems to avoid you when you are down in the gutter (we know all about that 🙁 )

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM

*and speaking of Swansea 🙂 lol

…thank you Lamah

• Ted Bundy

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Man City really struggling to make any headway against Palace.

• jazzyp

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Jesper
    A cracking game it was, But anelka is in big trouble for some anti semetic hand gesture after scoring a goal ive read

1 2 3 6