I Feel Like I Am Standing On Top Of The World At The Moment

If you fast track back a short twelve months ago, we had just been beaten 4-3 at Old Trafford and then  in the next game 7-3 at the Emirates, so we had leaked 11 goals in just two games, although we did score 6 away goals in those games, and things on the defensive would not get much better for the rest of the season, and we leaked a record 68 goals last season and had a goal difference of -23. 🙁

alan pardew chelsea 99

Alan Pardew – I feel on top of the World compared to a year ago
Our defense has certainly improved this season and we are on track to concede around 68 goals – twenty less than last season.

Alan has talked about how things are now compared to a year ago, when we had only 20 points compared to the 33 points we have this season:

“I feel like I am standing on top of the world at the moment compared to where I was last year.” “You have to have faith in your ability and faith in the work that you do.”

“As a manager, you know you have ups and downs unless you are at one of the very, very big clubs and are fortunate enough to have the finance to have 22 full internationals, like Manchester City and Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal.”

“We haven’t got that luxury, so it’s not a great day every week, and you have to accept that.”  “They are usually tight games against West Brom, and it’s difficult at their place. I always feel they score, West Brom, when they are home, so you have got to get two or three goals if you are going to win.”

“We were brilliant there two years ago – and last year was even better because the point we got there was like gold-dust. It was a really tough game.”  “Actually, if someone had said to me before these two fixtures (arsenal and West Brom), ‘Would you take three points?’,”

“I probably would have because they are tough games.”  “We have got a chance of getting those three points and I would be absolutely delighted if we could get three points at West Brom. I would look back on these two games and think, ‘That’s a good result’.

“There are a lot of games to be played between now and the end of May, and we are in great shape. We lost on Sunday, but not in any manner which disturbs me.”

Newcastle have a decent record at the Hawthorns and of course two years ago we were simply brilliant in that first half when we played in a  4-3-3 formation and tore the West Brom defense apart, and were 3-0 up at the half before winning 3-1 – and last season we got a really good 1-1 draw in the game after we had lost 3-0 at home to Sunderland.

Hopefully tomorrow we will be playing in the Brazil like strip, and when we’ve worn the yellow strip we have done very well so far this season.

If we can get a win tomorrow at the Hawthorns we’ll be simply delighted.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Jail’s too good for Ashley.

• Ketsbaia9

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Can’t see us signing an English player. If we did it’d have to Adam Johnson from Sunderland.

• bills-son

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM

The blog is too good for JfA 🙂

• toonbrother

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM

😀
    “You have to have faith in your ability and faith in the work that you do”
    Pardumb is such a deluded f00l. The only person I have faith in (and the person Pardumb should be thanking) is Graham Carr- the man responsible for giving him the brilliant players he keeps misusing

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:55 PM

A win tomorrow will put us back on track for that sixth spot, all teams will have disappointments but Everton and Spurs at home will be our biggest games of the season, top six will be enough for Europa this year.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Bills,
    Believe me I wish it was, and I wouldn’t spend so much time glued to the bloody thing.

• tequilamag

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:57 PM

toonbrother, hush now nobody cares what you think

• toonbrother

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Pardumb’s new years resolution should be to talk less and think more.

If he used his brain every once in a while he would have noticed the strong correlation between presence of COLOSHITTY in the starting line up and absence of clean sheets. You dont need to be a statistician to see the statistical relationship between these two things

Meanwhile Williamson – a player he mercilessly dropped not too long ago – has played in ~90% of our clean sheet performances over the last two years.

• Mattroge

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM

By my calculations we have 15 full internationals: Krul, Coloccini, Santon, Cabaye, Sissoko, Anita, Cisse, Ben Arfa, MYM, Jonas, Ameobi, Tiote, Debuchy, Vukic (out on loan) & Ferguson (out on loan)

Apologies for any errors or anyone I’ve missed! Probably a bit cheeky including the two loan lads especially seeing as Vukic only has one full cap. This isn’t a dig at Pardew or anything just something I thought I’d throw out there, I’d say we’re well on the way to having a very decent squad if we can retain what we have & add to it.

• toonbrother

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM

My starting line up v Westbrom

…………………………………ABC
    ABC……….ABC……….ABC………..ABC

ABC……….ABC…….ABC…………ABC

…………….ABC………….ABC

ABC = Anybody but Coloshitty

• Whumpie

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:35 PM

toonbrother -are you wumming or just being, um… a bit dense?

• BUDGIE

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Toonbrother, you are entitled to your opinion but why so offensive with the name calling?