The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Alan Pardew – Newcastle Are In Desperate Need Of A Trophy

3:56 pm, Friday, January 3rd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 141 Comments

Alan Pardew held his press conference today for the Cardiff City Cup tie, and he said some passionate things about wanting Newcastle to win a trophy, which of course we haven’t done since 1969, when we won the Inter-City Fairs Cup (now essentially the Europa League),  and we haven’t won a domestic trophy since we took Manchester City apart 3-1 back in 1955 to win  the FA Cup, and that was our 3rd FA Cup win in a short five years, after also winning it in 1951 and 1952, when we took Blackpool and Arsenal apart respectively by scores of 2-0 and 1-0.

alan pardew

Alan Pardew – we are in desperate need of a trophy

This is some of what Alan said at his press conference today for tomorrow’s FA Cup 3rd round tie at St. James’ Park, when asked if he wanted to win a trophy:

“The glory is what we want, managers and players they want glory – we love all of that – it builds our ego – it makes us confident – it make us want to improve ourselves,  and we want a winning medal next to our name or a winning trophy.”

“You’ll never change that, and whatever team goes out at the weekend, whether it’s seven changes at Aston Villa or 9 changes at West Ham – it’s irrelevant – that team will want to win and managers want to win.”

“It’s pretty obvious that this club is in desperate need of a trophy – it’s a big big club that hasn’t had a trophy for a long long time, and last year we got to the quarter finals of the Europa League, and I genuinely think we if we could have got through that, we would have had a great chance of winning it.”

“My feelings are that we will always be trying to win a trophy at this club,  and it’s very important for the fans and it’s very important for the club.”  “Our fans accuse us of not trying to win and the media gets on the back of that and they have this week.”

“And it’s difficult for us, and it’s a no-win situation at times in terms of the selection of the team.”  “Unless you win the game and then you’ve got it spot on, so you have to win and I’m very nervous of it,  because I will make some changes – but I want to win.”

It would be great to get through to the 4th round of the FA Cup tomorrow afternoon, but Yohan Cabaye is out and probably Tim Krul too – both with injuries- and so with Colo also injured and Mathieu Debuchy suspended, that will mean at least four changes to the side that was beaten 1-0 at West Brom on New Years Day.

We have to win this game tomorrow – that’s the bottom line.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Europa League · FA Cup · Injuries · Newcastle Fans · Newcastle News

141 responses so far ↓

• 1 Himanshu Dhingra // Jan 3, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Won’t be surprised if Kinnear goes on a holiday this month. :P

• 2 belgrade fan // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Joe Kinnear CAN NOT sign a player. He cant talk normally. Ashley needs to be involved. I really cant believe we have JK here in our club. Really hate that man

• 3 Tommyy // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I doubt we’ll win a trophy until our ownership or policies change. We don’t have the means to be successful on all fronts and Premier League will come first, just the way it is.

• 4 Tommyy // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:07 PM

I can’t speak for anyone else but I’ve never really held too much stock in the cups, I’d much rather see us up there competing for top 4 consistently and gradually improving than to win the odd trophy every 10 years. Champions League aside of course, now that would be a cup I’d go all out and strive for. It’s nice to dream.

• 5 Ben3arfa // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Kinnear wanting to prove us wrong with signings???? lol

this old piece of dog sh1t cant even hold a civil conversation and yet he has been assigned to sign players for our club. utter madness

its not a question of ambition or nous with kinnear rather rather it is his ability which we all know is lacking.

the most he deserves is to be in a retirement home somewhere waiting for weekly visits from his ugly wife, football dinosaur

In other news, clubs are being taken over left right and centre while Ashley raises beer prices in SJP and invests nothing into the club. pathetic state

• 6 jayphoto // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Think pardew could do with a trophy just as much as the club could tbh!
    Think hes doing ok this year but saying that with the starting 11 hes been able to put out each week, there is no one below us that should be above us whereas player for player I think with our side we should be above everton and with the season spurs and man utd are having id argue perhaps we should be above them!
    Like i said, hes doing an ok job and deserves to continue but i doubt hes the man to take us into the top 4 no matter what players we sign! Problem for me is he gets the best out of less talented players, can’t knock him for that, perch and simpson played very well for him, ryan taylor also did well , think he uses shola effectively now and then and Willo has been a man possessed this season! But for me he never gets our supremely talented players firing on top form! HBA is an example of that (tho better managers than pards have failed with him) marveaux is a very talented footballer, sissoko has the attributes to become a vieira or toure,anita, cisse was a fantastic goal poacher for the first 10 years of his career and if im honest I don’t think pards knows what to do with these players! I think hed be happier with a side of willos,goslings, taylors, perches, less than talented players that will die for the cause and put their bodies on the line! If im honest i think hed get a team like that to 7th over achieving the same as he cd get a team full of internationals to 7th under achieving

• 7 kilcline // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:10 PM

We won’t win anything with Pardrew in charge, someone like Laudrup or De Boer in place and we might have a chance. Our footballing mentality is all wrong.

• 8 Himanshu Dhingra // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I would like pardew to explain how exactly he plans to win a trophy.

• 9 belgrade fan // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM

jay

We cant compete for top 4. We need Winger, CAM and CF, all classy players to do that. Also to change Pardew, he is very limited with his skills. But as I said, I just cant see how JFK can do anything good for a club. He CANT sign players

• 10 belgrade fan // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:14 PM

HD

He doesnt care about trophy. Just empty talk. Asslicker

• 11 Blaydon-Toon // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:16 PM

@ Tommy I would take winning a cup over a high end finish ! I can only dream went to both cup final defeats Arsenal/Man Utd how I wish to go a 3rd time lucky to see us score and win would be awesome and the celerbrating would go on all night – hope this happens sooner rather than later

• 12 Magpies-till-d3ath // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Amy Coulson @acoulson4

Asked Alan Pardew about signing Remy Cabella is said “If we get the right price there is a chance he could go to #nufc” ????

Says she was at the training ground today meeting AP and the players and apparently this is what Pardew said when she asked about Cabella. The interesting thing is she isn’t your typical ITK and has no reason to talk crap!

• 13 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM

When asked about the Newcastle January transfer targets, Alan Pardew wasn’t taking any prisoners.

Asked about possible targets at his pre-Cardiff press conference, the Newcastle boss interrupted the journalist asking the question to make his and the club’s stance clear;

“Don’t mention their names because it is irrelevant really.

“As if I’m going to sit here and give names that we are going to think about, or try to sign for this football club.

“All I do know is that financially we are in a good position and as I have said already, we will be strategic in our dealings and that is what we are going to do.”

While Alan Pardew intimates that there is money available, Newcastle are just as likely to sign nobody in this window.

One thing that everybody can credit the current regime with compared to times gone by is that very rarely do you hear much about any transfer before it happens.

• 14 jayphoto // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM

@belgrade annoying thing is, with 25m investment into players I think we really could move on to the next level! The scouting system seems good, just theres never any proper investment! I don’t miss freddy shepherd but i miss the club having ambition

• 15 belgrade fan // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Jay

yes. 25 even less. And you asked about Filip Djordjevic. News in Serbia he is Lazio player, signed pre contract

• 16 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Magpies-till-d3ath
    Of course she’s not an ITK she’s like 14!

• 17 belgrade fan // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:22 PM

If we get good price he might go to nufc- that means there is no chance to sign him. Just remember De Jong, Gomis, Debuchy etc stories

• 18 Himanshu Dhingra // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:23 PM

why don’t good players waana go to man utd

• 19 jayphoto // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:25 PM

@belgrade he must he lazio’s Klose replacement?? Shame hes a really decent player! Theres some big talents from the Balkans, surprised more premier league clubs don’t look at Serbia, Bosnia and montenegro!

• 20 Tommyy // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Blaydon – If that were to mean say, winning one of the Carling or FA cup once in 6 or 7 years, and then being midtable at best in the meantime would you then? We’d have to ask Wigan fans really. I suspect they would take consistent midtable finishes with the odd cup run over being bogged down in the championship and not looking like returning any time soon.
    For those who are older and have experienced final atmospheres then I’m sure it’s a different story, however we have to question whether these cups we could win actually have the importance and standing they used to? I’m not so sure.

• 21 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Raylor will be back soon; he will be like a new signing ;)

• 22 belgrade fan // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:30 PM

jay

dont know. Just know he is Lazio player, most probably in summer, now on precontract. But we need better than him, he is nothing spec. Would like Mitrogly or Doumbia, thats level we need

• 23 yo-yo // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I think most if us on here feel we can go to edge of CL every year with relaticely small investment in players.
    I’m sure £25-30m would be enough, sensibly spent. Trouble is the players who can regularly deliver CL are all £5m each more than we want to spend.

Joke has even lower status than Pardew so nobody really trusts the management to deliver any of this. Fair dos to Pardew he got pretty close to a Cup win but he ain’t top draw and I doubt if he could get us CL every year, though he might get it in a good year.

If we sign two players this window I’d be amazed

• 24 Blaydon-Toon // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Good points Tommy but I’m still desperate to see us lift a trophy as winning the league is very unrealistic. We have a steady modual for a well run club buy players at bargain prices and sell for top dollar so can not really see us involved in a fight to stay up every season like Wigan ! We have a massive fan base and virtually sell out every home game these fans deserve a trophy for all the years of hurt !

• 25 yo-yo // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:35 PM

belgrade

Doumbia – proves my point. He’s def the level we need.

• 26 Mister Tuff // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Seems to be a diversity of views – Percy and the players want to win things – compared to those two arses who went to the fans meeting and said we we not interested in cups.
    We have to have ambition -otherwise what is the point in having a football club at all.
    Percy knows (and I suppose old JFK will know) what motivates players -unfortunately with our team it needs upgrading now – to keep it fresh and to progress. A couple of wees ago there was a manager on (cannot remember who now) saying they were going to sign players in the window) Martinez was on last week saying he wants to sign a couple. Unfortunately – keeping ahead f the pack and having the opportunity to win things equates to spending some money.
    Percy and JFK have have 6 months to scout around and to convince Mr Tubbs of football reality – we’ll see if their message has been received loud and clear within the next four weeks.

• 27 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I don’t think you can buy yourself CL football unless you spend crazy amount of money.

If we want CL football we need to do like Arsenal and that is not going to happen while those who run Newcastle either know nothing about football or is a plain lunatic!

• 28 gfp13 // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I’m agreeing with Jay in terms of a little investment could take us to the next level. Not saying to go out n spend big but as long as we bring in the right players, whether it be spending 25 or 5million we need to move forward and strengthen and not just be content, if we are content the other clubs will sign players and move forward and above us and we will drop back

• 29 belgrade fan // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:41 PM

yo-yo

Doumbia, Menez, Cabella. Thats it. And 1 more solid defender and we r top 4 candidates.

• 30 Ibizatoon // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Hello all,

I hope 2014 is treating you well so far, besides the 1st of course, but the less said about that the better (not sure that’s completely accurate on this blog…but oh well).

Interesting game tomorrow with Ole taking charge of Cardiff.

I’d say Catchy must be somewhat torn, but he’s probably already ordered his Blue, I mean Red…or whatever colour Vincent has Cardiff rocking out in these days…

Only joking Catchy…well, sort of anyway.

Personally I would have liked to see Ole manage at a club with a better chairman. Not sure Tans leadership lends itself to an even platform for a manager. Oh well, good luck Ole, just not for tomorrow.

As for the transfer window….

• 31 kilcline // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:42 PM

We could spend £25m but not move onto the next level, not with Pardrew and our current coaching team in place. We fundamentally lack any attacking tactics. It’s pathetic.

• 32 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Ibiza…Like Newcastle? ;)

• 33 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Forgot to ask you how’s the golden ladies at Palm Springs?

• 34 Ibizatoon // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Jesper…Yeah, that’s exactly what I meant :)

The ladies are…well….ermmm…let’s say that I imagine you’d get on with them well ;)

• 35 Tommyy // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM

In my opinion we’re a Suarez and Lukaku away from being top 4. Players of that mould, a nippy forward who drops deep and gets involved with linking play and can’t be easily marked or picked up, and a solid line leading striker who had good feet and good positioning and can hold the ball up if need be.
    Another CB would be nice but I believe if we pressed hard from the front and the wings it really solidifies the defense and offers protection as it is, added to that the efforts of Tiote and Cabaye at breaking up play and distributing we’d be an excellent side.

• 36 Sazzer // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Twitter says West Ham are set to sign 6ft 8in Ivorian striker Lacina Traoré until the end of the season.

• 37 jazzyp // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Jesper
    Raylor will get nowhere near the first team squad now mate,Will just be yet another fringe player.
    Ibiza-How are ya dude thought you had engulfed yourself in the wild side

• 38 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Ibiza….remember I have a young mindset ;)

…have you been so Vegas yet?

• 39 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM

*to

• 40 Sazzer // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM

He also signed for Monaco few seconds before getting loaned out.

• 41 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Ibiza…are they like this?

• 42 Ibizatoon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:04 PM

jazzyp… Not exactly wild mate :) Doing well thank you, how about your fine self?

Jesper…Well, at least that’s what you think you have at the minute. The brain plays some funny old tricks at your age…

Not been to Vegas on this trip, but have been before.

Oh the Golden Girls…what a show :)

• 43 DokToon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:05 PM

ibiza,

good to see you… so close and yet so far away from texas… dammit :)

at least the fillies of the south are safe from your charm :)

• 44 Ibizatoon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Dok…Whilst I get the sentiment, being far away from texas is not exatly “dammit” worthy :)

How’s tricks? Have a good Christmas and New Year?

• 45 Sazzer // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Someone have probably already posted this but GFN says there is no contact regarding Cabella.

• 46 DokToon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM

ibiza, glad theyre over, was good, but happy to be back to normal, was getting in the way of my drinking and watching sport, lol….

• 47 Ibizatoon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Dok…Being this side of the pond has made me appreciate your early morning efforts as a toon fan.

Mind, it is a good excuse to start drinking as soon as you wake up.

• 48 Sazzer // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:11 PM

“An offer from Newcastle to Cabella I do not know, I do not speak English, so I do not discuss (laughs)”

• 49 jazzyp // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Sazzer
    There you go again, Ruining my nufc dream team lol

• 50 Ibizatoon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Sazzer…It’s silly season. Just as with the initial rumour, anything a chairman or manager says should be taken with a pinch of salt…especially Nicollin.

• 51 jazzyp // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Ibiza
    All good here in rainy England. Did san Antonio get the better of ya bud ??…..Are ya back this year !!

• 52 Sazzer // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:20 PM

“At the moment it is there. It was not expected him to leave in January. There was a discussion about a possible departure in June. There is an agreement in principle. After that, there must be a good offer for the player and for the club. Contacts with Newcastle? Not at all, I do not speak English (smiles). Agents called me. Here I am on vacation. We’ll see Monday. There is absolutely no contact with this club ” , insists Nicollin on RMC . “For the moment, Rémy is Montpellier and I hope he will be with us until June. We are still 17C, with 3 points ahead of Valenciennes. We will not do anything. We do not chase the money. After that, there are offers that are not refusables …

• 53 wolfshead@toon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM

wasnt one of the golden girls a bloke in drag

• 54 Rotonda heights // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM

So Pardew says NUFC are desperate for a trophy. Well here’s a novel idea how about appointing a manager who has actually won something and had a successful CV.

• 55 DokToon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM

ibiza,

thanks… my liver does hate me on the 6am matches however… , esp if i got to bed three hours previous :)

• 56 yo-yo // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Belgrade

Agree Doumbia and Cabella. I think Menez might stay at PSG if their CL run goes well, but if he wants regular league action maybe and he is out of contract 2014… If Cabs goes to PSG he could be a makeweight.

Personally I’d still be interested in Siem de Jong – and Luuk as a Shola replacement.

I’m still convinced we need another top CB/FB preferably a good header and quick. If Willo hadb’t come good we’d be in trouble at the back – our defence is still a weak link.

Basically yes we are three quality players short of reguyklar 5th place. Also think we need coaching staff bolstering though I’d keep Pardew for the time being as he has positive as well as negative qualities. Won’t happen but its nice to dream…

• 57 Ibizatoon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM

jazzyp…I spent a cold 3 days there in December. Currently chasing the sun in California. I’ll be back in England in February, but hopefully a brief and not so cold visit :)

As for San Antonio…as soon as you get there it’s had the best of ya!

Rotonda…Did he say NUFC, or did he say the fans, players and himself?

Dok…Yeah, it’s tough going mate. The 5.30 the other day provided an interesting day of fogginess. Not sure we even had a game anymore…

• 58 Ibizatoon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Wolfs…Close enough, but technically, I’m not sure ;)

• 59 Ibizatoon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:26 PM

yo-yo…So a few players and a coaching reshuffle away? This sounds oh so familiar :)

• 60 belgrade fan // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Wanted to mention Siem next. Luuk no, he is shit in Gladbach. It doesnt need to be Menez, plenty of good wingers in Europe. But I expect us to sign nobody in Jan

• 61 wolfshead@toon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM

rotonda

have you been saving all your sniping since we last lost a game before arsenal which was when….

• 62 jazzyp // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Don’t see Zaha coming here either as he wants guaranteed football and I don’t think we can give him that. We are not gonna play him in front of our regular crew, And what would it say to benny if zaha gets game time in front of him …………Another disgruntled player to leave in the summer

• 63 Tsunki // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Pardew must have been watching the new series of sherlock to come up with that gem- we could do with a cup? Nahhhh. Europa? Naaah. Top 6? ……………….

• 64 Tsunki // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM

So, any offer from WHU For Saylor on the table yet? :)

• 65 jazzyp // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Tsunki
    £1

• 66 yo-yo // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Ibiza
    Yeh…. dream on. SNAFU at the Toon.
    2 slightly jammy 1-0 defeats and the sky is falling in

• 67 yo-yo // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:47 PM

belgrade

Luuk might come good with another chance – not everyone settles at every club as you’ll know… but we do need forward backup for when Strolla gets injured :(

• 68 Ibizatoon // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:49 PM

yo-yo…SNAFU has be. I concede defeat :)

It is somewhat amusing how a week or so ago, people were complaining that we weren’t being mentioned along with Liverpool as CL contenders and in the past few days i’ve seen predictions of a relegation battle…gotta love the toon.

• 69 Rotonda heights // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:51 PM

sazzer

sums allardyce up. cue more hoofball.

• 70 Rotonda heights // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:52 PM

wolf

you’re way to easy to draw out mate.

• 71 jazzyp // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Ibiza
    That’s the beauty of a fickle fan. Must admit I was a Willo basher last season and im happy to concede he has proven me wrong.

• 72 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM

@NUFC_Stats: Cabaye at @nclairport @airfrance check-in 1hr & half ago http://t.co/jYKkS69wle (via @HanoiToon)

Rest/family or transfer?

#nufc

• 73 mag // Jan 3, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Pardew wining a trophy no chance! While winners like Laudrup and Martinez do the business with unfashionable clubs like Swansea and Wigan, we have to listen to a three time loser insulting our intelligence. Cardiff will come here tomorrow full of confidence and with new manager that’s another proving winner to outwit the halfwit.

• 74 yo-yo // Jan 3, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Ibiza – It’s on Joke’ office door…..

Situation
    Normal
    All
    F*****d
    Up

• 75 Rotonda heights // Jan 3, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Kilcline @ 31

Spot on but he still has his little acolytes like Wolfie boy to feed his ego.

You, me and most people know we’re not going anywhere with this total muppet.

Granted he will occasionally get us into some good positions, I will give him that, but as soon as he does, he starts drinking his own bath water and it all goes tits up again.

It’s not hindsight but it was crying out for resting and rotating players over the festive period and to manage more than 3 shots in 90 mins against a god awful WBA team.

Pardew doesn’t do attacking despite his ”we play on the front foot” bs.

In short being a winner is not in Pardew’s DNA. He just doesn’t have the X factor. Maybe he and NUFC deserve each other!

• 76 Sazzer // Jan 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Ibizatoon
    Yes, especially Nicollin. Not sure if he is GFN source on the no contact thing. If he is, it is actually good news, since he basically saying that he haven’t been in contact with anybody cause he don’t speak english and he is on vacation until Monday. Daily mail can be right that an enquiry have been made to Cabellas agent.

jazzyp
    Keep dreaming mate but stay grounded. Window is still open. The madness have only just begun.

• 77 Sazzer // Jan 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Rotonda heights
    At least they will reach new heights with him and Carroll. =)

• 78 Rotonda heights // Jan 3, 2014 at 6:11 PM

boom boom!!

• 79 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM

@lee_ryder: Woodman picks up a £1,250 fine while Dani Osvaldo, who he clashed with, gets £40,000 fine and 3 game ban #nufc #Southampton

• 80 mag // Jan 3, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Woodman, Pardews useless goalie coach since he took charge Krul looks terrible his distribution and positioning is typical of third rate coaching.

• 81 Tsunki // Jan 3, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Tbf Kruls bad points predated Mr woodman I think. Elliot is the other side of the coin, not as good an instinct Keeps but way better kicker, braver (perhaps on the foolhardy side) at coming out to claim and prefers to distribute from the back with an excellent throw. I won’t worry that the oft-maligned ‘championship’ goalie gets a game tomorrow.

• 82 Rotonda heights // Jan 3, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I hate how Krul holds on to the ball for so long when he should be throwing it out quickly to get our rare attacks moving!

• 83 Sazzer // Jan 3, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Magpies-till-d3ath
    You can’t trust innocent-looking kids not spill the beans on twitter anymore. Pardew Out.

It reminds me of: https://twitter.com/shitmydadsays.

• 84 Jail for Ashley // Jan 3, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Heard Pards interview on Total sport tonight, tbf it sounds like he’s going to play the strongest team he can and he cited the fact we have as many points as are fifth season and would rather have an FA cup run than finish tenth, unlike that miserable sod Lambert who pretty much rubbished the thing.

• 85 asenski // Jan 3, 2014 at 7:21 PM

this man walks into his fourth campaign as manager and still talking the same bullshut
    how did he graduade in terms of producing quality of football ? he did not i say

• 86 Goodfella // Jan 3, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Is it true about Andy Carroll failing a drug test and West Ham covering it up for him?

• 87 scout // Jan 3, 2014 at 7:40 PM

There’s some right old women on here. Stop moaning and enjoy a great season so far. Laudrup done this, Martinez done that. Get on with it.

• 88 scout // Jan 3, 2014 at 7:43 PM

We don’t play on the front foot eh?
    We’ve scored more goals at home than man united FFs
    A bad manager wouldn’t have won 10 games this season ya clowns

• 89 Tsunki // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:11 PM

I’m only pulling the chain about Pardew nosing off about cups, he’s only reacting to what he hears from the fans and the press, it’s his job to offer sound bites on a regular basis.

I’ve said it before, we only lost by a measly goal last two games, we’ve got this far on three cylinders, just a bit more tweaking and we’ll be firing on all four. Tomorrow is a good start to adjust for injury and suspension, rather than a day or so before the Citeh game.

• 90 Rotonda heights // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Scout

Is that really the best you can come up with ?

If you think it’s a great season it just shows how far we have fallen.

Everyone beats united now, Krul beat spurs, 2 red cards v stoke and yes we had a good little run, but Pardew never rested or rotated over the festive period and had people running on empty against a really c..p team like WBA.

If your idea of playing on the front foot is 3 shots at goal in 94 mins 2 matches running then god help us.

• 91 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Shouldn’t we have more than four cylinders Tsunki mate? I was imagining us as a big old Rolls purring along :)

• 92 Rotonda heights // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:18 PM

with the squad we have winning 10 games by now should be a given

• 93 Tsunki // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:22 PM

G2 sadly mate it appears we are the family saloon rather than the luxury sedan.

• 94 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Has anyone else wondered if Krul’s really skinny feet affect his kicking. It must be like trying to launch a ball with a pair of cross country skis on :)

• 95 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:25 PM

So are we even a Vauxhall Cresta then Tsunki :( ?

• 96 Jail for Ashley // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Rotunda,
    I like to have a moan about Mashley but understand he isn’t going anywhere, could you get it into your head that while the fat man is in charge of affairs his patsies and yes men aren’t going anywhere either, Pardew was selected and then given an eight year contract for a very good reason, he’s cheap and can deliver mediocrity with occasional good runs.

• 97 Tsunki // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM

No G2, more like a modern French one, reasonable build, pretty nippy, but unfortunately not very reliable. Breaks down just when you’ve think it’s cruising along, and costs a fortune in parts to get it moving again.

• 98 cyprus // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Vauxhall?? !

No, more a Peugeot or a Citroen…

• 99 Jail for Ashley // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Tsunki,
    I feel like we’re one of those Nissan cube cars, people point and laugh but deep down feel sorry for the people sitting in it and think the owners a w@nker.

• 100 yo-yo // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Rotonda

If we finished 4th and won the FA Cup you’d still find something to moan about – only 3 shots in last two games – yeh and scored 5 the game before, Any idiot can use stats selectively to prove a case. Get a life

• 101 cyprus // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Actually, this:

• 102 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I’m at least half serious about Krul’s feet. Have people had a look at those things? They can’t be more than 3 inches wide! :lol:

• 103 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Wow, Newcastle United as the Wild Rubis cyprus mate? I’m thinking more along the lines of a Smart Car. Cheap on gas and you only need about 15 of them for the entire team to travel in! Beautiful.

• 104 Tsunki // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I was thinking of a Citroen. The sort where you have to unhinge the radiator and remove the oil filter to get to the jack.

Actually the car I have in mind is the pluriel. If you know about that thing, you will know NUFC :)

• 105 cyprus // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:41 PM

• 106 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:53 PM

I use to have a Citroen C3 2010 version. Very reliable ;-) have a Rennault Clio St. now!

…gotta love the French cars. And they seem to get good reviews by German ADAC now!

• 107 scout // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Heights
    We’re 6 points off a champions league place after 20 games, if we beat WBA it would have been 3. You say shows how far we’ve fallen? We nearly went down last season, were you born on the first day of the season son.
    All teams have a blip, time to take it on the chin, we spent nowt in the summer and were 10 points better than 10th place.
    I really think we’re doing great, long may it continue, Pardew if your reading, keep it going. Some people on here do have a brain

• 108 scout // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Oh them saves by krul as well against spurs, watch them again me nana would have got to half them. Krul beat spurs haha absolute balls

• 109 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 8:59 PM

And just think of our man Joe working on the old Citroen to get it going again Tsunki mate. Swearing away with an oily rag in his back pocket. Beautiful.

• 110 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Some lovely points there Danish Dazzler but I still think of us as a Vauxhall Cresta. Beautiful. So out of date, just like Joe.

• 111 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:03 PM

GT…Vauxhall isn’t that just another name for a German Opel? ;)

• 112 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:05 PM

But not as reliable jesper mate! Don’t forget that part. Good on the downhill though! How is the Spanish Stud Muffin? Is he back from his holiday yet?

• 113 tonynufc // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:06 PM

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN CATCH THE MATCH 2MORO. APART FROM BEING THERE B4 U SAY IT. I LOOKED ALL OVER AND CANT FIND IT.

• 114 Harley // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Scout

Well said mate. I said pretty much the same thing after the WBA defeat.

Every time we lose pardew gets crucified. Everyone telling him on here how he should’ve played it and who should’ve played.

The crazy thing is, the idiots posting the comments don’t realise how stupid they sound. There’s no use arguing as its pointless.

• 115 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:15 PM

GT…the Spanish Stud Muffin is still America to sow his royal oats ;) lol

…he meet some Golden Girls lol

So we are looking for an unreliable car, har about any Rovers from the ’70s?

• 116 ilovetoon8788 // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:15 PM

No faith in kinnear whatsoever to bring players in. He can’t even pronounce names and can’t even speak properly. Lol

• 117 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:23 PM

I haven’t seen any coverage of the game either tony @113. We may be out of luck.

• 118 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Wow that Stud Muffin really knows how to live jesper mate. With his new chest hair he’ll be carrying a stick to beat the women off. Beautiful mate. As for unreliable cars I’ve had a few in my time. An old 70’s Datsun comes to mind (before they changed the name to Nissan mind).

• 119 bills-son // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:31 PM

My first car was a Bond Bug.

Three wheels on my wagon. … and I’m still rolling along. ….

• 120 tonynufc // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Their still selling tickets tho for 20 quid.

• 121 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Have I mentioned the new year sale on chest hair? Get more manly for only 7 euros. Beautiful. (There’s no truth to the rumours Manly Man Inc. are using yak hair now).

• 122 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Some lovely memories with those old vehicles mates. In the back yard with the engine out. Cylinders no bigger than the top of a milk bottle.

• 123 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:40 PM

My old Datsun was unbelievably poorly built. Brake pads the size of small crackers.

• 124 Tsunki // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:41 PM

My first was a 1969 mini cooper s styled great fun painting the sub frame every year and conking out in the rain. £300. What it would be worth now though…

Wondering whether to stroll in for the match tomorrow. Haven’t been since Harp’s Testimonial, shame on me!

• 125 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:42 PM

However if someone does want a yak hair chest wig I believe I can fix you up with an nasty copy of our magnificent product made in the far east. No guarantee it won’t shed however.

• 126 Tsunki // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Bills – my Biology teacher had a Bond Bug. I was at that awkward age where I wasn’t sure if she was a cool chick or a sad hippie ha ha :) turns out it was the latter.

• 127 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:45 PM

That sounds lovely Tsunki mate. I’ve always wanted to own a mini cooper. All the bits on the road now are so boring and dependable. Where’s the challenge for the next generation of young lads? Sigh.

• 128 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Cars are just way too expensive here in DK :(

• 129 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I always wanted to own a Lamborghini Countach :)

• 130 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:51 PM

By god you know how to dream as well Danish Dazzler. With your driving skills could you keep it on the road mate? Remember what happened to Mr. Bean in real life with his new Ferrari? I think he hit a lamp post with it first time out and went running off down the street like Mr. Bean would. Lovely touch that.

• 131 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM

A Lamborghini is too much to worry about. I like a car with a few dents on it and a 100 thousand km on the clock. Then drive it for 10 years worry free. Beautiful.

• 132 yo-yo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Got to be the original Trotters Independent Traders … very Christmassy and reliable … a Robin

• 133 GeordieTwo // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Off for a bit now mates. I’m sure we’ll have plenty to say tomorrow. :lol:

• 134 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 9:59 PM

GT…you know Lamborghini was a reaction to the snobbishness of Ferrari and its poor quality compared to the price!

…real men dream about a Lamborghini;) lol

• 135 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 10:01 PM

GT…talk to you later mate

• 136 yo-yo // Jan 3, 2014 at 10:02 PM

jesper

Real men dream about women not cars (or other men if they are that way inclined)

Or for Jespers first corollary

Real men about women in cars

• 137 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Yo-to…women in cars would do it as well :)

• 138 Marty-Toon // Jan 3, 2014 at 10:36 PM

My bet is on us not strengthening the team unless we actually lose a top player or two so that we actually don’t strengthen only buy like for like.
    The problem being that it’ll take any foreigner a half season to get to grips with the PL,that’s fine in Ashley’s eyes as we will stay in the league anyway.
    I’m not expecting Jacksh1t

• 139 Big Pappa Cissé // Jan 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM

@ geordie two

I’m only young (22) and work as a technician for VW and you are spot on with kids my age that know little to nothing about cars or how an internal combustion engine works.

The majority of customers we get can’t fit wiper blades, start cars when thet have put the wrong fuel in and try driving to the garage with the oil pressure warning on thinking it will be ok :) . They soon get a shock if their warranty has ran out .

Not being sexist but women are the worst, if you asked them to check the oil level they wouldn’t have a clue how to even open the bonnet :) .

• 140 cyprus // Jan 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM

On cars: I had an MG Midget Mark 1, Mini Cooper, Ford Mustang, BMW 320, Volvo S80, etc. Most fun? MG!

• 141 jimmysmith // Jan 3, 2014 at 10:57 PM

I think we are a good team but there are six to seven better squads than ours and the owner isn’t going to radically address that even though he could, which unfortunately for us is his prerogative, but it means our chances of winning anything significant soon are relatively slim.

And football being football, I’d put us 6/4 under the circumstances to secure the win tomorrow, no better.

previous post: One Top Player Out – Another Doubtful For Cardiff City Game