Newcastle Trying To Get Four Deals Done In January


Sky Sports is reporting tonight that their sources are saying that  Newcastle United are interested in signing their former target of eighteen months ago – Luuk de Jong – who is now at Borussia Mönchengladbach.

luuk de jong

Luuk de Jong – Newcastle interested

And the report goes on to say that owner Mike Ashley is willing to sanction four moves for top players in the January transfer window, and one of them is Luuk de Jong.

One of the others could be Montpellier’s skillful midfielder Remy Cabella, who is said to be very willing to join Newcastle and negotiations will begin next week with Montpellier President Louis Nicollin.

He’s the one who said Yanga-Mbiwa’s choice to join Newcastle last January was a bad one.

Sky Sports is saying that Newcastle’s interest in Luuk de Jong is strong, but after his £12M move to the German side in preference to joining Newcastle eighteen months ago, he’s been a failure in the Bundesliga.

In 36 appearances he has scored 6 goals since he joined them, and in 13 appearances this season, which have mostly been short sub appearances, he is yet to score.

And Newcastle will pay nowhere near the £12M Borussia Mönchengladbach were willing to pay to get him in the summer of 2012 – and on transfermarkt.com  – he’s now valued at around £6.2M.

Newcastle will not be willing to pay anywhere near the £12M Borussia Mönchengladbach paid in the summer of 2012, and the news is that we will try to get him on a six month loan this month. with an option to buy him in the summer, if he does well during his loan spell.

Another player Newcastle are said to be interested in is Everton and Dutch International defender Johnny Heitinger, whose contract at Everton runs out at the end of June, but we’re not quite sure why we need another center-back at the moment.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

56 comments so far

  • Graeme

    Jan 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM

    Comment #1

    There is rumour building that we have almost agreed a “Pre-Contract” with Nathan Dekoke. Evidently the deal is an “Agreement in Principal” between NUFC, the Player & his Agents for him to join for the coming season, rather than wait for his Contract to espire in 2014.

    NO negotiations have taken place with St Etiene where the players Contract expires in 2014. If Dekoke agrees to sign the “Pre-Contract” then NUFC will have to negotiate compansation with the club!!

    0
  • nufc7lad

    Jan 6, 2014 at 12:01 AM

    Comment #2

    De Jong
    Gomis
    Cabella
    Heitinga

    ??????????????????????????????/

    0
  • AmericanMagpie

    Jan 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM

    Comment #3

    Will anyone be leaving?

    0
  • nufc7lad

    Jan 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM

    Comment #4

    Id bring Luuk De Jong in just to try and get his brother Siem from ajax 😛

    0
  • nufc7lad

    Jan 6, 2014 at 12:14 AM

    Comment #5

    I think bringing in Heitinga isnt actually bad idea.
    Hes slighty better than Steven Taylor
    Hes international team mates with Krul and previously Anita
    Could help De Jong settle in
    Mainly id bring him in, as he can play RB
    with Ryan Taylor out for the season, we can have him as a natural back up to Debuchy instead of having to uses MYM there, when hes best used in the centre
    We should birng him in on an 18th month deal and then sell him in the summer, maybe back to Ajax

    0
  • colwell

    Jan 6, 2014 at 12:26 AM

    Comment #6

    Luuk De Jong didn’t even have a great scoring record in Holland leave well alone, everyone and his dog seems to be able to score bag fulls in that league look at Altidore.

    0
  • Laurent Robert 32

    Jan 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM

    Comment #7

    All soon to be Pardewed.

    0
  • nufc7lad

    Jan 6, 2014 at 12:47 AM

    Comment #8

    Out:

    Dummett to St Mirren
    Sh Ameobi to Middlesbrough
    Obertan to Bourdeux
    Marveux to Rennes

    Loan Out:
    Sa Ameobi to Middlesvrough
    Bigirimana to Coventry

    0
  • lesh

    Jan 6, 2014 at 12:53 AM

    Comment #9

    Repost from previous thread. Mr Tuff among others questioned whether Gomis tweet was fake as apparently posted after the game had kicked off.

    Mister Tuff…… Isn’t France an hour ahead of GMT?

    That being so, Gomis could well have tweeted at 12.21 pm French time, before the game kicked off?

    0
  • Blofal

    Jan 6, 2014 at 12:54 AM

    Comment #10

    Ill believe it all when I see it.

    0
  • mainemagpie

    Jan 6, 2014 at 1:00 AM

    Comment #11

    Mike Ashley would go a long way towards
    rehabilitating himself with Newcastle fans
    by spending 30M+ on 3 or 4 really good players
    and make a real run to get into the top six this season, or at least setting up the team for a run
    next season. Let’s hope he does the right thing.

    0
  • Mister Tuff

    Jan 6, 2014 at 1:04 AM

    Comment #12

    lesh – ref the time zone. You are indeed correct -France is in the CET – Central European Time zone which is GMT + 1 hour.
    My knowledge of twitter is limited -do not use it myself. However, the photo of the offending tweet you can clearly see that the time on the tweet is 1.21pm. I assume however that within the zones of use the time displayed on twitter will be correct for that particular time zone – ie real time in France. So in view that Lyon kicked off at 1.15pm (French time) can we not safely conclude that it was not Gomis -as he was on the pitch scoring a goal at 1.21pm.

    0
  • Mister Tuff

    Jan 6, 2014 at 1:06 AM

    Comment #13

    ref Gomis tweet -link to the Mag site showing picture of tweet:-
    http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/bafetimbi-gomis-tweet-says-move-newcastle/?

    0
  • t00ntime

    Jan 6, 2014 at 1:06 AM

    Comment #14

    @lesh when I first heard about the tweet I was hoping for it to bw true and looking at whys to make it make sense but when I saw it I knew it was fake. Dont know if you have seen the photo of the tweet but if you have or can find it, you’ll see his profile isnt verified, yet he is verified on twitter. Thus the tweet is fake.
    The only thing a fake tweet site cant do is add a verified icon, so thats a good way to see.

    That been said I hope we can sign him up (if de jong falls through) because he will give apus another option upfront (like shola does, but this guy is quciker than 3mph lol)

    0
  • 70TWO

    Jan 6, 2014 at 1:09 AM

    Comment #15

    I would hazard a guess that Ashleys transfer tactics are to make firm advances towards a number of targets, make them undermine each other and wait for the most desperate to make the best cut price deal.

    0
  • mattnufc

    Jan 6, 2014 at 2:23 AM

    Comment #16

    Actually sounds like a good business plan to me.

    0
  • lesh

    Jan 6, 2014 at 2:35 AM

    Comment #17

    Mr Tuff, t00ntime….. Or is it Mr Clouseaus in there among you?

    I guess you’re right about the supposed Gomis tweet being a scam.

    0
  • piers18

    Jan 6, 2014 at 3:07 AM

    Comment #18

    Juan Cuadrado

    0
  • toon62

    Jan 6, 2014 at 4:19 AM

    Comment #19

    Heitinga
    Cabella
    Rhodes
    Ince

    Pardew instil attacking mindset into the team and Europe here we come……job done…..

    0
  • IITianToon

    Jan 6, 2014 at 4:40 AM

    Comment #20

    26 days more of uncertainty and then we all go back to (relative) normalcy!

    Regarding the rumours:
    Gomis: Fake Twitter account LOL
    Cabella: Nicollin on the other side LOL
    Luuk DeJong: Hmm possibly!
    Heitinga: I mean an old has-been really? LOL
    JFK handling negotiations. Epic LOL
    The best man to handle these would be Ashley. When he got involved, the signings started flowing in last Jan, so why not this year too?

    0
  • Santon03

    Jan 6, 2014 at 5:33 AM

    Comment #21

    Heitinga is only 30, how come he is a has been? If he is 36 then yes he is a has been

    0
  • lesh

    Jan 6, 2014 at 5:34 AM

    Comment #22

    Piers18….
    Juan Cuadrado?

    Surely Jorge Calderón (El-Rayo X), one helluva player!

    0
  • Santon03

    Jan 6, 2014 at 5:39 AM

    Comment #23

    I don’t mind having Gomis, it’s better option than Shola.
    If I can have other than Gomis, I would go for Huntelaar or Matri.

    0
  • IITianToon

    Jan 6, 2014 at 5:49 AM

    Comment #24

    @Santon
    It is a personal opinion on his ability mate, not age. He is behind Distin in Everton’s team; not very scientific but I would place him as 4th choice CB. Do we really need a 4th choice CB? I think if we do go in for an experienced player, it will be someone capable of slotting straight into the first team.

    0
  • Himanshu Dhingra

    Jan 6, 2014 at 5:57 AM

    Comment #25

    The report says UP TO 4 deals. not necessarily 4.

    I hope we sign 4.

    But with Ashley, you are always careful.

    We will believe it when we see it.

    0
  • Santon03

    Jan 6, 2014 at 5:59 AM

    Comment #26

    Tian

    I would rather have Heitinga than Saylor atm.
    Saylor probably at the same level as Heitinga, but he is acting like he is #1 England CB. I think if it’s true that we will sign Heitinga, I suspect Colo or Saylor will be on his way out.

    0
  • Santon03

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:04 AM

    Comment #27

    Himanshu

    Do we really need 4 if we are not selling anyone?
    We still have Marv, Cisse, Ober, Saylor, MYM, HBA, Jonas, etc.
    I don’t mind additional 4 players, but 2 permanent 2 loan.

    0
  • Santon03

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:07 AM

    Comment #28

    Damn, Huntelaar record is incredible.
    At Schalke played 83 scored 49 goals.
    wingers available Affelay and Elia.

    0
  • Himanshu Dhingra

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:08 AM

    Comment #29

    Santon

    no, we could do with 4, if not then its okay as it is.. if no one moves out we can not include them in 25.

    0
  • jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:08 AM

    Comment #30

    The problem with a player like Heitinga is that he is 30, use to high wages and looking for one last great deal!

    …we are going to pay over the tops for this. guy and he will probably sit more on the bench than. he will be playing?

    I still say go for a young gun, since both Colo and Willo are getting old and might not be here soon.

    0
  • Our Toon

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:10 AM

    Comment #31

    Lads whoever we sign if anyone or whatever money is spent in this window remember the sale of Cabaye in the summer will be the reason!! Cabaye, colo & Shola are definitely off in the summer but I think HBA will also go because his contract runs out June 2015!! Remy will also go as his loan will finish

    Luuk De Jong doesn’t fill me with confidence and neither does Heitinga, they will be Replacements for Ba and Colo seeing as Ba hasn’t been replaced yet

    0
  • Santon03

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:11 AM

    Comment #32

    Players I want out:
    Saylor, HBA, Shola, Obertan, Marveaux.
    Probably can get 10-15mil from them.

    0
  • Santon03

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:15 AM

    Comment #33

    I don’t know why but I still want Colo and Jonas in the team.

    0
  • jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:18 AM

    Comment #34

    Lets hope you won’t get everything you want then Santon 😉

    …I am a bit worried who you might want us to sign?

    0
  • Our Toon

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:20 AM

    Comment #35

    Santon

    we will get nothing for Shola his contract runs out, I’m uncertain why Marv isn’t playing, leading the assists chart last season

    I find it amusing though that you pick HBA though, a player who consistently gets voted the best player by fans and ppl in the media, even if he’s replaced by Cabella what makes you think pards will change philosophy and play attacking football getting the best out of the player?

    Cabaye will be off in the summer as well so under your plan Santon we will have no creative players at the club…..nice plan!!

    0
  • Sinner

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:32 AM

    Comment #36

    Ed, you keep on mixing up Louis and Laurent Nicollin.They’re both different persons.Its Laurent Nicollin who’s back from holiday this week. Do some research! 😀

    0
  • Sinner

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:36 AM

    Comment #37

    Santon03 You should also add Santon to the list, he’s been shit in every game he’s been!

    0
  • Santon03

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:36 AM

    Comment #38

    Jesper & Our Toon

    Players out that means players in.
    Cabaye will stay if we go to europe. HBA out, not because he is bad but he is not for this team.
    10 to 15m, we would probably get 8mil for HBA and the rest probably 4mil.
    I would go for Matri (definitely Huntelaar if possible) and Gourcuff, if possible also duo Juventus : Vucinic and Quagliarella. I also like our target Cabella. Next summer we will have youngsters returning from loan like Vuckic, Fergy, Good. I would prefer we use our youngsters mix them up with experience players.

    0
  • Santon03

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:40 AM

    Comment #39

    sinner

    I don’t want him out but I would prefer he join Milan or Chelsea (back with Mourinho).

    0
  • Santon03

    Jan 6, 2014 at 6:47 AM

    Comment #40

    Milan, Chelsea, and Napoli is looking to buy Santon.
    Not bad for a player who has been shitty in every game. I hope he join Milam 🙂

    0

You must log in to post a comment.