Which One Of These Strikers Do You Want Newcastle To Sign?

The strikers Newcastle have been linked with the most in this January transfer window are Demba Ba, Luuk de Jong, Shane Long and former target Bafe Gomis.

demba ba cabaye

Demba Ba – available from Chelsea
While we have been linked with other potential striker targets, these four seem to be the top four for January, and we’ll not include Loic Remy, whose future will presumably be decided in the summer, and we really don’t know if there is a set transfer fee Newcastle have agreed to pay QPR for the player, but  we hope there is and that it’s around £8M.

Each reader gets just one vote.

Which Striker Do You Want Newcastle To Sign?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• 70TWO

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Alfred Finnbogason

• Novocastrian66

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I’m not keen on taking Demba back. It was fun while it lasted, he’s moved on and so should we.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Not sure I would go for any of them unless a great deal can be made!

• Dannyo

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:49 AM

It doesn’t matter who I want to sign. We’re not the ones signing players.

• Ben3arfa

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Pardew’s choice is Shane Long,

What an exciting manager we have

• RonVanDam

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Jordan Rhodes will be ideal

• Transfer Sage

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:53 AM

I’d go for

Ba
    De Jong
    Long
    Gomis

in that order

• cyprus

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Just listen to JFK:
    “… go through every player.” “Even the ones who are injured – and find out what they can contribute to the club.” “I’ll give them a list of players and show them videos and tapes of the type of player we need.”

“Then we’ll discuss it. If I get the green light, I’ll go out and get them.” “It depends on the make-up of the team. Are we lightweight in these areas? Do we need really pacy wingers.” “Or a pacy striker than we can throw on later on in the game. Can we find him?”

Forget the fanfare. This makes a lot of sense. By now they must have analysed, professionally, each and every player. That should not be a fan site (or even a computer game) where people ‘fancy’ one or the other for whatever reason. They must now know what we need…

Me, just being a fan, will agree: We need a pacy tricky winger and a pacy CF. Think Navas, Bellamy if you will 🙂
    Our defense is ok if people like Haidara, Mbiwa, even Dummett are out.

Then we’ll be ready to push on.
    PS. None of these CFs fits this well. I agree with moving on regarding Ba.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:59 AM

cyprus

I think Ba won’t come back anyway, but think he’s be good for us

I like de jong though, just the quality player we need up top…obviously would prefer suarez/aguero type but i really can’t think of any like that available for 5-12mil

• cyprus

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:02 AM

On another subject:
    I’d like to thank Torres for a magnanimous act of his which affected me at a personal level. I won’t elaborate. Thanks to an excellent human being.

• cyprus

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:04 AM

TS,
    I agree regarding Ba, however, not sure his heart would be in it, us being a step back 🙁 Also, he looks a bit out of sorts, even slow at Chelsea.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Any bloody one of them
    desperate for another striker as Cisse is not firing ad if Remy gets injured then we are up sh*t creek

Not that I like the mackems but it is fun to see Man Utd get a taste of their own medicine – its not fair the decisions go against us and Moyes blaming everyone but himself.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM

I think we should get Carlton Cole, Danny Graham and then extend Shola’s contract
    Sorted

• Transfer Sage

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM

cyprus

that’s true, he may not be happy if he came back…but even when unhappy here (according to media) he still worked hard and gave 100% on the pitch, even if he looked a bit sulky on the bench.

But yeh, i doubt he’d return. I think it’s unfair at chelsea to judge him, he doesn’t get a game even though the other forwards are not playing well.

• Spoof

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:12 AM

we need a target man, Ba would be ideal but as has been mentioned we should be looking forwards and not backwards, which to me leaves de Jong, he has struggled for Gladbach which means we would get him for the type of fee which keeps Ashley happy, and if he then gets back to his best for us then it would be a great signing.
    Putting thestriker position to one side, has anyone seen that much of Cabella, he looks very talented but to me he seems a bit cavalier, a bit like Ben Arfa, if thats the case then I would be surprised if we sign him as Pardew prefers the hard working players like Sissoko, Gouffran and Jonas

• catchy in norway

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM

hard to say,, none of them are marlin harewood, now if he was up for sale 😉 ,
    wow

• Rotonda heights

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Pretty dismal list rally. Not sold on any of them. 3 are hardly prolific and Ba wouldn’t come back with pardew still manager.

For the frontal lobotomy jobs who think pardew is better than Laudrup and Pochettino, we have a far stronger squad than either of Swansea and Soton and both of their managers play a vastly more exciting, entertaining and watchable brand of football than us. Think what either of them would do with our squad.

8th place is the bare minimum of where we should be.
    The fact we get little to no enjoyment from watching it is all down to pardew. Laudrup and Pochettino are both much younger than Pardew yet Laudrup had a trophy in his first season and Pochettino was a breath of fresh air,

Pardew is pardew. Average to mediocre record everywhere he’s been really allied to some of the most negative, mind numbing football you’ll ever see.

What a council of war. Ash knows nothing about football, JFK is still drunk from the 90’s and Pardew’s coaching never left the 80’s, while all 3 are pathological liars. Happy days.

• banjax

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:23 AM

It’s not a case of who we’d prefer, it’s who fits the wage structure at the club. BA is on high wages at Chelsea, higher than the £70k per week we were paying, so Shane Long looks to be the logical choice purely based on money. If we reduce the squad in lieu of bringing in better quality, then Loic Remy’s wages might be affordable, but a £16m fee as well-would be out of the question for Mike Ashley. So basically it’s a case of who goes out before we buy big. My guess is thus, Loic stays on loan till Summer, we bring in Shane Long and Remy Carbella, out goes Marveux, Obertan and possibly Shola. Wild guess lads!

• Whumpie

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Rotonda – Would that be the Soton and Swansea below us in the league? xo you think anyone expects either to finish above us?

I do rate both those managers and like watching both teams. But the way your talking good think they were top 4 and we were bottom 3. It’s just not a convincing enough argument to support replacing AP.

• Whumpie

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Banjax – pretty good guess!
    I do wonder about those disappointed that we’re not going after strikers who are banging I The goals for top clubs. Why would they leave? And how can this club justify what it would cost?
    I think that list looks pretty good considering where we are.

• 9

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

If Demba Ba doesn’t return, for whatever reason, somebody else in the Premier League is likely to do themselves a big favour and sign him.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Whumpie

if you read it I said we have a far better squad than Soton or swansea, but if Laudrup or pochettino had our players I’m sure they would also be top 10 and more to the point they would be providing watchable football

• Sav

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Is de Jong a latterday John Tudor?

• Whumpie

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I get that point and think there is a good chance that either of those two could get us up around where we are and probably deliver more entertainment in the process. But its no more than a chance. every year someone does a Southampton – plays with flair, spends a few months up in the top spots… then plummets as their squad depth is exposed and other teams work out how to beat them.
    The fact is, unless you can afford £30m flair players. flair play will only get you so far. Just below the teams that can afford those players.
    I think Pards is doing pretty well. I’m not saying others couldn’t better him, but there are many more who wpuld do worse and if it was my club there is no way I’d take the gamble.

• oldbobaycliffe

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:18 PM

sav- if de jong is as good as john tudor was i would be happy at least we might score from a corner i would be happier still if we could get in someone like malcolm macdonald to play alongside him one of the best pair of strikers we have had(not my favourite that was wyn davies and pop robson)

• The_Toon

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Agbonlahor or Long, we need some pacy CF. Agbonlahor has given everything for Villa and its really time he moves on to a New challenge

• Krul To Be Kind

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Shane Long all day for me. small(ish) initial outlay considering, PL proven, a little terrior and a nuisance to play against… a poor mans Tevez, Aguero, or Suarez, he may not be prolific but a cracking little team player with a great work ethic that will create space for others with his pace, movementand energy, Goofy is the type of player that would really benefit from someone like Long. Goofy’s movement and work rate is also immense and so many times goes unnoticed!