Fans Definitely Want This Striker At Newcastle

Of the four main strikers Newcastle have been linked with in January, almost half would love to see Chelsea’s Demba Ba back in a Newcastle strip.

demba ba a wave

Demba Ba – got 46% of the vote
Although we’ve been linked with other strikers, our poll listed the four main ones we have been linked with this month, and the results of the poll are as follows:

Which Striker Do You Want Newcastle To Sign?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Of course Demba Ba is a known commodity in the Premier League,and he can score goals if he gets regular playing time, which he’s not getting at the London club right now.

While at West Ham he scored 7 in 13 appearances, and while at Newcastle for a magical eighteen months he averaged a goal every two games and scored 29 goals in 58 appearances.

At Chelsea at the moment, where he is not a starter, he has played 36 times and scored just 9 goals.

It would be terrific if Newcastle can get him back on Tyneside.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Toon_Army

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Demba, has real ability and skill, he would be banging in the goals within the first couple of games and linking up well with his team mates…

• jonobbad

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Being redirected on a phone browser is nothing to do with Ed’s adverts. Its malware on your phone. Get avg and delete the cache and history regularly.
    I use my Android for this site everyday and I have not once had that issue.

• Dannyo

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Don’t quite understand why Ba is at the top of the list.
    He went all princess when being played on the wing for a few matches because Cisse was on a scoring run and he wasn’t.
    It was quite evident that Ba didn’t act well during that time and there’s a huge amount of hints to that fact.
    Ba is now, what, 29? The older he gets, the bigger chance of that knee exploding.
    And there’s all the agent fees involved. I just don’t think there’s enough value left in Ba.

I by far prefer Luuk De Jong. He’s in a “Xisco” type place in Germany, where the manager didn’t initially want him. He’s a well proven goalscorer who’d do well with us imo.

• Markaccus

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Can’t see this ever happening. Too much water under the bridge. He would get us goals, but i think we should forget about it.

• Moe

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I agree that he’s a known commodity and his goalscoring ability is in not doubt, but a player who has left us once I’m not sure he’ll want back to NUFC. Even if he got back will he be playing with the same passion.

Same goes for Luuk de Jong who has opted for Champions League football.

My choice would be Bafe Gomis. His ability is for every one to see, he’s very physical in addition to his goal scoring ability. Also he seems to really want to come to NUFC. anyone who follows his twitter account will notice that he keeps posting in English every now and then. This tells me that he’s very keen to join us.

And why not sign both Gomis and Long that way we’d have two experienced strikers with different playing styles for about 8M.

• Markaccus

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:58 AM

1 goal in 4 at chelsea isn’t too bad considering he is a bit part player there.

• mindshaft

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:59 AM

He doesn’t want to cone back and his wages would be out of our league anyway

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:59 AM

jonnobad

it’s not malware on my phone at all…only every occurs on ed’s site, not a single other site.

i have used a few malware/spyware scan software on my phone and none have found a problem, it’s this site

also this is the only site i get adverts on my pc where i can’t see them to close the sound off, it’s getting difficult to use.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM

he won’t want to come back

moe – gomis wanted to go to marseille

• 70TWO

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I bet most of those voters were happily waving him off.

• Mattroge

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I think this is a non-starter, I don’t blame the lad for leaving & if he wasn’t happy playing on the wing it was up to Pardew to manage that, which in my opinion he didn’t. He put Ba back up front with Cisse in a 4-4-2 for pretty much the entire first half of last season which simply didn’t work.

If he did come back I think Ba through the middle with Remy & HBA either side would be pretty deadly, shame it’s noy going to happen though!

• Markaccus

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Club should have offered and improved contract. When we didnt, pardew should have left him on the wing while cisse was scoring. Thats why cisse lost his form. Finally, Ba should have been honest about the fact he was always going to sod off.

• estechco

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Transfer Sage/jonnobad – Switching from mobile to desktop mode (sometimes referred to as the “User Agent”) makes a big difference for me.

Ed’s Ads do seem especially pervasive though!

• catchy in norway

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I can not see any of the top French players wanting to stay in france,,, they are about to put there tax up to 85%, the clubs would have to play crazy money to cover it

it was 75%, now its going to far with 85%

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Would love to see Demba back

Dannyo
    And why shouldn’t he? Is it any different to the strops that cisse was throwing when played on the RW? At least Demba’s huff’s were off the pitch

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:14 AM

estechso

that used to make a big difference but not for the past month or so…i just give up using it on my phone, way too many pop ups and diversions.

like i say, it’s Ed’s site to run a he wishes, I have no problem with it and continue to use it on my computer, i like the site as it brings a variety of fans and also gives every snippet of news/gossip so more than happy

i do appreciate his hard work and dedication to it

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:15 AM

cacthy

only psg and moncaco have the cash to keep paying them the same take home wage

• catchy in norway

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I have ticked the Ba box out of all four, but he will not be wanted by pardew, Ba slated the training under him, he said it wasn’t good enough,

Ba will not come back while pardew is still here

• catchy in norway

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Transfer Sage

Monaco, don’t pay tax though

• martoon

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:19 AM

TS – not sure about your phone but for your PC I have recently installed the free program Adblocker + and it’s great. Just white spaces where the adverts should be.
    On the subject of Demba never go back – it never works out as well the second time.

• Whumpie

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:19 AM

quite old, didn’t work well with Cisse, injury concerns. he’d have to be cheap. ..

• jonobbad

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Ts

It is. Just download avg and elite what I said and it won’t happen.
    If it was Ed’s site then it would happen to everyone. It used to happen to my friend on the eztv website on his phone. He installed avg and it turned out to be a sport streaming app on his phone.
    Again I have never had this problem once so I dont think it is Ed’s website

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Whumpie
    In all fairness no has worked with Cisse since his first season

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM

jonno
    Have to admit have a terrible time on this sure with ads etc on my phone, never have a problem on the laptop but it’s a mare on my phone for diverting to other websites and the App Store have tried loads of different things but they only ever seem to work temporarily and only have this on Ed’s site

• WWSBRD

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Any two of the above for me. Ba and Long are both proven in the league but De Jong has potential and Gomis has CL experience. Wouldn’t be unhappy with any of them though

• catchy in norway

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Cisse is an out an out striker, he needs chances made for him
    he is not a player who can play on the wing or drop deep,
    IMO I would keep Cisse, we just need to sort te supply line out, HE WILL score goals in a team,

WE are not a team, we are 11 individuals

the only team play ( word used loosely ) is free kicks up to willamson , something that never works

• Ben3arfa

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Joe Kinnear is a fat piece of cockney blob .

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Catchy
    You seem to be desperately clinging on to the notion that Pardew is going somewhere
    He’s not
    So why keep trying with a player who doesn’t work in the system than get a player who does
    It’s only Cisse HBA and Marv who simply don’t fit into the team, before the Arsenal result most the lads were playing well

• estechco

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:29 AM

TS/jono – On windows machines you can also tinker with

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

to route the worst offending ad networks to 127.0.0.1 (Google it for more info)

More sophisticated routers also give you similar features, but this is then very specific to each manufacturer

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Some one on Twitter said

It was the mentality of english managers like pardew and Allardyce to go defensive against big teams.

PL is the best league but it has got nothing to do with english players or managers

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:34 AM

We’re not going to pay big money for a 28 year old striker who will demand high wages and his agent will demand a good fee too. Especially not considering he wanted to leave once before and we know he’s got an underlying issue with his knee.

Time to move on from Ba…

• catchy in norway

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM

toonarmydownsouth

we can all pray and dream 😉

he will have to go WHEN we are beaten by scumderland again

and I think you just proved the point, pardew has no say in who we buy, so we could end up losing money on players due to his lack of a football brain,

try getting 9 mil for Cisse now

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:37 AM

jono

tried it before, tried a variety of things people have recommended here and elsewhere yet continue to have the problem with this site

if it was a general problem with my phone it would happen everywhere else, and it doesn’t. I know quite a few have issues with it.

My solution to note use this site on my phone is the only one to work.

• stupot

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Would like demba back poss on loan. Interesting how the press never mention his time bomb knee since he went to Chelsea!!

De Jong on loan would be good to see if he cuts it in Pl

• Blackley and Brownlie

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Joey Barton is spot on with his latest tweets on homophobia. The bible advocates stoning homosexuals and yet this book is in every school in the country. Truly odious. Who is this Michael Johnson anyway?

• jonobbad

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Ts
    Thats the common misconception. It will not happen everywhere. It happens on the most used site. Where it will get maximum exposure. Working with phones I get this problem quite commonly. It worked for my friend and every customer I have recommended it to, have not come back so I am assuming it has worked. Feel free to ignore it, it was just a bit of friendly advice and as I have said my phone works flawlessly on this site all the time

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM

jono

i appreciate the advice, sorry if it didn’t come off that way, just saying that all thing’s i have tried from people here or forums hasn’t worked for me.

it’s not my most used site, by a long way too.

• jonobbad

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:48 AM

And if anyone else have has this problem I’d suggest just trying what I have said and report back. It takes a couple of minutes and it will not hurt.

On topic I would prefer be out of the 4 options. Proven in the premier league and a much better option than should at least.
    Honestly the only one I wouldnt be too keen on is de jong, he might just be having a mare this season but he will take some time to get up and running whereas ba is already well versed.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:53 AM

jono

I can’t remember who it was now, but they said de jong has had had the problem of not being the managers signing and suffering as the team play two number 10’s not a proper striker, so had very few minutes on the pitch at all.

He is a talent i’d like, agree Ba is proven and would be good for us but i just can’t see either the club or ba wanting that.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:53 AM

There is a reason why Managers like Alan Pardew Never win anything They view extra games as burden