Newcastle Transfer Target – It Suits Me To Move To England

Thee’s been just a little confusion over whether Remy Cabella will move from his French club Montpellier in January, or whether he will wait until the summer to move.

Remy Cabella Montpellier +Herault+SC+v+Toulouse+TiKjXZRmypXl

Remy Cabella – may not move until the summer?

There was news a couple of days ago that Remy had agreed with Montpellier Present Laurent Nicollin that he would stay at the French club to help them fight relegation through the end of the season.

And Newcastle were supposed to be making a move for the 23 year-old this week, so maybe there’s a chance Newcastle could still get their man in January.

This is what Cabella told French radio station RMC:

“I think this is my last season with the club and I do not want to leave Montpellier in Ligue 2.”  “This is my last year and I hope to finish in style. I love England but also Spain, Italy and Germany.”

For the moment, in my head, I’m 100% Montpellier.” “If a proposal comes, it is up to the two clubs to discuss and I will think in terms of that.

“I am not aware of what is happening, I am dedicated to playing and that is the most important.”

If he doesn’t want to leave Montpellier when they are in Ligue 2 – why doesn’t he just leave in January when they are still in Ligue 1? 😀

And the 23 year-old French U21 International was told about the interest of a very famous  English club, and this is what he said:

“Newcastle? Well, we realize that at some point we must leave. I think I’m capable of it.” “England interests me, there are good clubs out there.”

“If Montpellier reaches an agreement with an English club that suits me, I’ll be happy.”

It’s difficult to know what to make of Remy’s comments, but we suppose if Newcastle and Montpellier can still agree a deal, and it could be completed before January is out.

We hope that’s the case.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• ilovetoon8788

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:09 PM

He hasn’t spoken to Joke Kinnear yet. All’s rosy until Kinnear opens his mouth and the move breaks down. HAHA

• Markaccus

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:11 PM

• Markaccus

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:12 PM

He will call him ‘Redcar Bellend’

• jazzyp

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Dannyo
    Sorry mate but i dont agree on the ba saga.if you are going to get on your high horse about what ba did, then remy has committed a far greater sin and yet has been welcomed with open arms. Cabaye tried to force a move pre season and yet has been welcomed back in to the fold.
    Cisse was rumoured to be looking for a way out with the wonga saga. So if your gonna shoot ba down then that goes for most of the squad

• ilovetoon8788

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Kinnear will probably inform Ashley, he has already sealed the loan capture for Remy… the one from QPR.

As long as that fat joke is in charge of our transfers, i wonder which agent will want to deal with him.

• 70TWO

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM

It would be great to get pre-contract agreements signed with Remy Cabella or/and Clément Grenier; and Cheikhou Kouyaté. Certainly be a massive step forward. But we are more likely to bring in cheap deals with the hope of selling high after 2/3 years; a shame our manager has thrown a spanner in the works so far.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Good afternoon lads!

…so does anyone really think we will sign anyone? 😉

• petchey22

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I think when Cabella said he didn’t want to leave Montpellier in Ligue 2 he meant he didn’t want to leave them in January and then for them to get relegated a.k.a. he wants to stay and fight for them to stay up. Still, I could be wrong.

• ilovetoon8788

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:40 PM

@jesperfuglsang

Not with Kinnear. He doesn’t know how to conduct business as he’s not a businessman.

• Ben3arfa

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:43 PM

what suits us is Ashley selling up and Kinnear staying well away from our club.

what a shame he wasnt put out of the game for good in 2009

• Markaccus

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:45 PM

What do people think of this lot?….

#1,2&3 would be an epic shaking of the football world.
    #9 i think might happen. He is the right type of defender for Barca

• Markaccus

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Petchey

Thats the way i read it to. He wants to help them survive before he moves on.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:52 PM

ilovetoon8788….I would assume if they were really serious about signing someone in January they would have done so? 🙂

…we might see a signing our of panic late in January if everything continuous to go sour!

• Ancientcoptic

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I would have had no issue with Ba leaving, if he had went to a club where he was going to get game time.

He was getting a starring role in our team, we offered him similar terms to Chelsea to stay, and he was one of the most feared strikers in the league playing with us.

I find it repugnant that he thought he would be better of being a stop-gap at Chelsea. If Ba thinks the Chelsea bench is better than scoring goals in front of a packed St. James’ park… well I have issue with that. (That attitude frankly stinks and reminds me of Michael Owen)

I actually voted for him as the striker I would prefer to see back, knowing that he would probably score more goals than the others listed.

The worst football I have ever seen from a player in a Newcastle shirt was when Ba was playing on the left wing, the guy cannot dribble, gets the ball trapped in his feet and isn’t exactly a great passer. I think his leggy, slow & unorthodox style looks amateurish, but, if you put him through on goal, he will finish it… at the end of the day, that is what a strikers job description is.

I honestly despise the guy, but I would take him back if he would sort his attitude out.

I do not blame Remy for taking more money to go to QPR, why would he knock a gift horse in the mouth… they wanted him more than we did, and proved it by offering better terms and a release clause.

Has Cabaye been offered improved terms since he joined Newcastle? not that I know off. Cabaye could be earning over 100k a week elsewhere and getting first team football in the Champions League. It is a no brainer for him to want to move on.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Ancient…both Remy and Ba are all about the money (and so are their agents)

• lesh

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:00 PM

That interview’s a few days old!

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:00 PM

i think ba genuinely thought he’d play more at chelsea, at least get a fair crack…but he didnt

i don’t care if players only play for money, as long as they give 100% on the pitch

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:02 PM

TS…that’s what they all think 😉

…moving to Chelsea both mean more wages more bonuses because of CL!

• Ancientcoptic

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:05 PM

jesper, but of course.

If you were English, and two teams in France offered you a contract. One of those 20k a week more, which one would you take?

Remy would have paid 20k a week out of his own pocket to play for Newcastle by turning down QPR… why would he want to do that?

I have no problem with players accepting better deals.

The difference with Ba is that he was offered similar terms to stay with Newcastle, but opted to rot on the Chelsea bench, after building a fearsome reputation for himself playing for us.

If I am not mistaken, Michael Owen actually accepted a pay cut to move to Man Utd, again so he could rot on a bench.

Players that go for better deals is all fair, but players that leave clubs where they get football, to sit on another’s bench, is a bit of a slap in the face as far as I am concerned

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:08 PM

ancient

he gets 80k a week at chelsea…we have our limit of 60…so similar to remy really

i dont mind players moving, sometimes its money, sometimes ambition, some jsut don’t like certain areas/countries

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:08 PM

TS…you know people who only do something because of the money are not easy to trust – for me trust gets you half way they 😉

…they think I don’t like about Ba is that he was never truthful about his intentions and he seemed to have put himself in front of the team!

…and he will do that again and again and again!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Ancient…I did play football once (because of the love of the game); since footballers are payed so much these days I cannot see how money should be and object?

…they will earn more in one contract than I will ever earn in a lifetime. Footballers are not the given kind even though they earn so much (greed is not a great characteristic if you ask me)

I have never taken a job based on the money and never will – more important things matters 🙂

• Markaccus

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Big sam has ‘retained the backing of the board’. Oh dear. He really is funked. Two backings in one week!

• Markaccus

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Looks like the Mackems are moving….

Sunderland are closing in on a trio of South American signings as manager Gus Poyet attempts to revitalise a squad that lies bottom of the Premier League.

Estudiantes defender Santiago Vergini, Catania’s Argentina international goalkeeper Mariano Andujar and Internacional forward Ignacio Scocco all could arrive at the Stadium of Light in the coming weeks.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:22 PM

jesper

same in every aspect of like….you can live more than well on 30k a week but if a guy doing the same job is getting 80k a buying even bigger houses, more luxurious places etc you feel you should get the same

not all people can do a job they love, hard to believe but some footballers don’t like it, just do it for the money and see it as a job

i know i wouldn’t have any great attachment to a club when playing anywhere other than newcastle, i’d do my best whilst there, engage with fans, work hard with anyone who wanted my help…but unless there a few years i don’t think i’d develop a real attachment

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:23 PM

jesper

also a lot of footballers get bad press and rarely are their charitable work/donations mentioned….i wouldn’t judge all, or even most, based on the actions of a few

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:26 PM

TS…as long as your attachment is not only money then you will have my respect 🙂

…you know since we are talking about Remy and Ba it is not like we offered peanuts compared to QPR and Chelsea. Your example is a bit extreme 😉

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:30 PM

TS…even our very own Colo is not charitable; he donates a certain percentages of his wages to a orphanage in Argentina, but wants a certain wage so he doesn’t have to pay out of his own pocket 🙂

…you know I could be charitable ad well then!

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:31 PM

jesper

that’s true, money is not my only motivation, it has some influence of course, as i like to do things away from work and money is needed obviously.

I agree on the money but consider this view on Remy. you may well dismiss it by all means, just a theory.

We sign players and are notoriously hard sellers, offer long contracts too. We were struggling around 16th in january as well, so we also didn’t look safe, although QPR were pretty much down already.

But maybe QPR convinced him if they stayed up they would spend big to kick on. But if they went down he would have a release clause to move on to a bigger side.

For me Remy doesn’t want to be at QPR or Newcastle for long, he has ambitions of going even higher than that. So what would get him a big move…a club who’d give him a release clause to move on fairly cheap or a club that would tie him down to a long deal and not sell unless for a huge offer, a one he may not be worth.

Just an idea, i could be totally off with it

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:32 PM

jesper

well thats true but the same can be said of anyone in any profression….any money you give that is spare (used for luxuries not necessities) could be seen as an ‘easy’ donation to charity.

• Ancientcoptic

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Transfer Sage, there are various reports that state we offered Ba 70k a week to stay, if that was merely what we were offering, then I am sure he could have attempted to negotiate an extra 10k a week.

Colo is on anything between 60 to 80k a week, depending where you read about it.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2012/03/04/newcastle-give-coloccini-whopping-70kyear-to-stay-at-the-club/ < This blog claims it to be 70k

I think we could have matched Chelsea's offer, considering we only paid agent fees for him in the first place, and did not stand to gain much of his fee by him moving to Chelsea.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:36 PM

ancient

that’s true, but ashley has proven to be stubborn too so maybe he wouldnt agree to meet in the middle or move closer to ba’s request.

i ultimately don’t mind ba going, it’s fine with me, players come and go all the time, got to accept that….it’s a shame it took so long to get remy to replace him

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:36 PM

TS…I will think it over mate 😉 have to pick up junior

• Transfer Sage

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM

jesper

it’s just a theory, it fits but could well be way off

and ok pal

• hadthetshirt

Jan 9, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I bet not a single one of you would turn down a change of employer for double the money or a massive rise.It’s human nature.In Remy’s case he has always said wait till end of season for what ever reason.As for Harry the spiv making his gob go again,he didn’t even know his dog had a bank account offshore,so how the hell is he going to know what price Remy will be.What if we do have a clause in the contract.I hope I am wrong but I cant see ashley buying anyone this window.Why would he.We look safe from relegation so he will be happy enough,and again would any of you spend money when your being called a fat cockney tosser,or your daughter has been threatened.I wouldn’t and I love the toon.Looks to me he will sell when he knows he will get his money back,and to hell with the lot of us.

• The Atlanta Geordie

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:23 AM

Let Cabella do the honorable thing and save Montpellier from relegation; sign a pre-contract for the summer, similar to what went on for Keisuke Honda for Milan. Please Ca$hley I’m begging!! Sign Cabella, Ince, Fofana, and Bakambu!!