The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Have A Quality Side – We Are Looking Forward

1:04 pm, Friday, January 10th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 87 Comments

It seems obvious that our struggles in the Premier League last season were down to not having a big enough squad to play the extra 14 games we played to reach the quarter finals of the Europa League, until we were knocked out by Benfica, and even then with 19 minutes to go in the second leg, we needed one goal to go through to the semi-finals,  until Benfica equalized in stoppage tome as we chased the winner.

Rangers v Newcastle United - Pre Season Friendly

Tim Krul – looking forward – we have a good squad

And with the squad we now have and nearly all our players fit except for Coloccini and perhaps Yohan Cabaye – and a long term injury to Ryan Taylor – we have no excuses why we cannot do well, even very well, in the final 18 games of the season.

And that’s especially true now we are out of the FA up at the very first hurdle.

Tim Krul thinks Newcastle have a good squad and the lads are only looking forward:

“I know what a quality side we have here,” “We used the Europa League as an excuse last year, and we’re showing that that was a massive reason for it.”

“But we don’t have to look at that any more – we’re looking forward.”

Krul should be fit for Sunday’s game, after taking a rest last Saturday to help heal the slight shoulder injury he had picked up.

And while Colo is not fit, Yohan Cabaye is probably 50-50 for the game on Sunday at home to Manchester City.

It’s a game we are not expected to do well in – and that gives us some confidence we can get a result.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League · Tim Krul

87 responses so far ↓

• 1 Himanshu Dhingra // Jan 10, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Tim’s words

“We used the Europa League as an excuse last year,

Krul on Pardew

• 2 mag // Jan 10, 2014 at 1:08 PM

They just need a manager to finish it off!

• 3 Markaccus // Jan 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Edit Tim Krul

…………………….For a
    We are looking ^ forward.

• 4 Markaccus // Jan 10, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Funk. try again

Edit Tim Krul
    ……………For a
    We are looking ^ forward.

• 5 Rotonda heights // Jan 10, 2014 at 1:20 PM

NUFC Pros

Quality side
    Stadium
    Fans

Cons

80′s style ultra-defensive manager
    Drunken DOF from the 90s
    Wonga

• 6 John Tudor // Jan 10, 2014 at 1:35 PM

you missed out fgb

• 7 mindshaft // Jan 10, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Think the journo missed out the end of the statement … “But we don’t have to look at that any more – we’re looking forward to leaving the club as soon as a decent club comes in for us.”

• 8 Transfer Sage // Jan 10, 2014 at 1:40 PM

for those who missed the question on the last article

who has more prem league assists than Nani’s 43, since he arrived in 2007 (all league players from 2007 onward)

• 9 Hatem's better than Messi // Jan 10, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Who thinks Cabaye was really injured?

Love it that my team doesn’t want to win the cup.

They had the nerve to do a lap of honour last season.
    Will we have an open topped bus parade for finishing tenth?

I’m finding it harder and harder to support this club.
    37 years and out?

• 10 martoon // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Markaccus – I’m not sure I like being West Brom but Norwich is OK as I like Hoots. For anybody who is remotely interested my team is Martoon’s Morons.

• 11 Transfer Sage // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:08 PM

for the few who answered on the last page, the answer to the question from here is

rooney, fabregas, van persie, young and gerrard

• 12 Mister Tuff // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Yet another Toon fans site querying the Fans Forum and querying NUFC’s motives. It seems to me that in it’s current form the Fans Forum is really not fit for purpose. The representatives have been selected by the club and one member of the Forum -NUFC has banned – another member.
    Really this seems to be against the hole concept of having these types of groups.
    Does anyone have a copy of the Fans Forums -protocols -if so can you post a link please.
    Link to United 111 page re the Fans Forum:-

• 13 Ben3arfa // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Whats the point of having Joe Kinnear as a transfer chief if he wont sign any players ??

In fact what is the point of Joe Kinnear even existing in football today? He should be in a rest home somewhere with his old dodgy heart

• 14 Mister Tuff // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:15 PM

error hole = whole

• 15 Hatem's better than Messi // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Ben3arfa

He’s there to be a thick-skinned buffon to take a share of the fans flack.

If comments were 50% anti Ashley, 50% anti Pardew.
    They now are 33% JFK, 33% Ashley, 33% Pardew.

So less bad press for Pardew and Ashley … the whole club is rotten from the core.

• 16 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:29 PM

TS…

Giggs
    Lampard
    Gerrard
    Rooney or Henry

• 17 Transfer Sage // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:29 PM

tuff

makes a very good read that article

I thought the fans forum did give us some good answers though, some were pointless and should have been answered better but it was totally useless.

I don’t think they should ban a group and give them no chance to get back in though, that shows no class by the club.

• 18 Transfer Sage // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:30 PM

jesper

i already posted the answer here, just above

rooney, rvp. fabregas, young, gerrard

• 19 Markaccus // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:30 PM

T sage

Those 5 players….. it makes a big statement doesn’t it. Look what happenend to arsenals form after fab and rvp left. Look what has happened to man u without regular input fron roo, rvp and young. Liverpool have only just learned this season how to manage without S.G.

• 20 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:31 PM

TS…damnit too slow :( but wrong anyway lol

• 21 Markaccus // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:33 PM

In the past…. Shearers goal rate slowed when nobby left us.

Man u had spells where they won by 1-0 alot, when beckham left, and when ronaldo left (nani was a better player after ronaldo left)

• 22 Transfer Sage // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:34 PM

markaccus

arsenal haven’t replaced fabregas i dont think, got others in to do a job but none quite like him, he was a bit special for them, not so much now at barca

• 23 Markaccus // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:36 PM

T sage

He isn’t so much at barca i agree. On the other hand, he is Messi’s first choice understudy! Not a bad thing to be able to say to your mates down the pub :D

• 24 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:43 PM

TS…did you kill the blog again? ;-)

• 25 Transfer Sage // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:47 PM

jesper

i seem to be doing that, could be my sign to go

markaccus

it’s not bad really is it, i’d settle for that.

• 26 Transfer Sage // Jan 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM

jesper

did you have time to think about my point on remy yesterday?

• 27 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:10 PM

TS…a bit mate :-) I do accept there is a point to be made there about Remy!

…the thing that bugs. me though is that he was a medical away from signing for us and choose to say over in London to have a talk with QPR! A club that was bound to go down and chance where he would not have that big an impact! I though that was a gamble so something most have convinced him.

That is why I think money is his religion, but I could be wrong of course. Time will tell I suppose?

• 28 stan anderson // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Is it our sole ambition to survive in the Premier League ?.
    Dont we want to compete in the cups ?
    If true what are we doing even having a team ?
    We are just lining the fat cockney,s pockets along with his cronies.
    Sick of this crap going on and on,think i will start to follow Gateshead .

• 29 Tsunki // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Hmm. Is it just me or does anyone else find themselves not to excited about the idea of signing Remy? Is he all that good? Look at Gouffran, hes not far behind in goals and a lot more industrious around the pitch. Remy always looks a bit leggy and he’s gone awfully quiet lately. I certainly don’t think a striker well down the pecking order in a hotchpotch French team is with a fortune. We should wave him goodbye when he goes and that’s it imo. We could buy better for nowhere near the money being bandied about, let’s face it, qpr have already ruined this lad with cash.

• 30 Tsunki // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:18 PM

*worth a fortune.. ..

• 31 cyprus // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Jesper,
    read your HBA comments a couple of threads back (don’t make him what he isn’t, play to his strengths, etc.), totally agree. I fear he’ll be off this summer.

• 32 Transfer Sage // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

jesper

i agree money played it’s part, just don’t think it was 100%

either way i think he wanted a bigger club than us or qpr, so maybe thought to get as much money whilst he could

• 33 Transfer Sage // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM

tsunki

true…he isn’t as good as he or some think. Good goalscorers are consistent, he is a good player but for me Ba was much better than him.

i’d like to keep him but not fussed it if we dont

• 34 wolfshead@toon // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM

cyprus

i didnt see that post play to bennys strengths. even if you did he still would rather go for a million dollar goal that pass to a player in on goal like remy he cant breakthrough into an average french team
    and for that matter cabs would be on the bench if zidane was still playing :-)

• 35 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM

TS…either way I think we have him until the summer regardless? But if Nuwcastle was any smart they would secure who ever they saw as our future in this transfer window!

Cyprus…I am. happy you agree :-) not many have agreed with about Benny this season ;-) lol

• 36 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM

*with me

• 37 Mister Tuff // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM

transfer – yes I agree it was a decent article. There were some rather stupid questions asked about transfers at the Forum, however I think all those attending are probably genuine folk with the best interests of the club at heart. Unless individuals are used to attending these types of events there can be situations where they are uncertain about procedures, and get carried along. It might get better with time as experience is gained by the various individuals -but at the moment -in reality the Fans Forum (from a supporters point of view) is probably devoid of any credibility following the banning of NUST. As far as the club are concerned -it’s probably doing quite nicely -with the tick in the box to suggest the are following UEFA recommendations. If it was up to me I would suggest all the fans reps should get together and propose a motion calling for the NUST ban to be lifted.
    If the club refuse -then to state there is no confidence and walk out.
    The club will have to review it’s position in order to comply with UEFA and re-organise the Forum with NUST included. You have to play these people at their own game and see who blinks first

• 38 wolfshead@toon // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM

jesper

you were posting before i joined shouldnt you be an admiral by now? haha

• 39 Markaccus // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Jesperfuglsan-Admiral of ALL citrus!

• 40 wolfshead@toon // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM

tuffers

bumble reads the minutes from those meetings he laughs at them then pisses on them

• 41 Markaccus // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I used post in a chatroom in the late 90′s as ADMIRALSNACKBAR.

• 42 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:47 PM

wolfs…it’s very difficult to rise in rank in here apparently ;) lol

…but very true indeed!

• 43 ilovetoon8788 // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Journal reporting that we are in for Bremen star Aaron Hunt.

• 44 70TWO // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM

ManC game:
    I think I am right in saying neither Willo or Saylor play on the left of defense, so would presume Mbiwa will be left CD. Or, as Aguero is not playing have Willo & Saylor in the middle to take on Negredo & Dzeko, with Mbiwa on the right up against Silva or Nasri. Leaving Santon to deal with potentially Milner.

Think we will need the two holding midfielders with Gouffran covering the runs of Zabaleta and Sissoko covering Clichy. Which then frees up the forward pair to harass ManC at the top of the field.

————-Remy – HBA
    Gouffran – Tiote – Anita – Sissoko
    Santon – Saylor – Willo – Mbiwa

• 45 John Tudor // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM

they all report crap

• 46 Ben3arfa // Jan 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Someone please buy this football club!! Someone with a soul (unlike Ashley and Kinnear)

• 47 70TWO // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:06 PM

ManC game:
    Will be looking for the ball to be passed up quickly to HBA from any conversions and him to pass first if available or then run with the ball. Hopefully the enormity of the task will galvanise the players and we will see plenty of accurate passes reaching their intended destination.

• 48 Ciaran // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I would be gobsmacked if HBA starts this game on Sunday. It will be all hands to the pump on Sunday, and he’s not exactly that kind of player.

Though Gouffran looked dead on his feet last weekend – and has done for the last few games – I would suspect that AP will persist with him for his work rate.

I’d guess we’d go Gouffran LW, Sissoko RW, Cabs and Tiotein the middle with Shola and Remy up front. The contention is who does Pards play in our back four, and in what permutation will he play them in?

• 49 cyprus // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:13 PM

70,
    Like your set up there, except, can someone replace Saylor? Still have nightmares (both him and me!) of his last confrontation vs. City

• 50 mag // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Take everything coming out of the club with a pinch of salt. It’s obvious Ashley and his lieutenant Kinnear are wind up merchants while Pardew is the fall guy facing the media with that caught in the headlights expression that says he knows as much as us about comings and goings.

• 51 cyprus // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Ciaran,
    A workman like appearance alone will translate to a right old beating, ‘honest’ though it may be called later. No, we need any creative player we can get on the field…. So, HBA is first on the list.

• 52 Mister Tuff // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:24 PM

wolfshead – I suspect you are probably right about the minutes. I could just imagine that after the meeting the NUFC side (really I should not be using a term like that because it’s our football club) will -once rid of the fans reps’ and out of sight of them will be jumping up in the air high fiving each other -amidst grunts of “what a set of w**k**s”, with a mindset of another hurdle negotiated without any mishaps, perhaps even allocating themselves a score TOON 10 -0 Fans.

• 53 70TWO // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Would prefer HBA in the front two over Shola and although Gouffran is available I would probably put Haidarra LW as IMO he has not bedded in on the back four yet, but is useful at getting in behind. Saying that though it appears Cabaye will play and Santon won’t, so it will be between Haidarra and Dummett for LB. Mbiwa will be more agile for the RB slot but am concerned about (not totally lost on) Saylor playing as left CD and he played RB in his early years.

• 54 lesh // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Repost from thread before last:

jesperfuglsang – captain of the lemon crew @51

Pointing the finger at me (*sorry! my phone cannot spell (I blame lesh lol)) is like water of a duck’s back. I don’t take anything personally these days.

According to my wife, I appear to be responsible for all of the ills in the world. The troubles in the middle east, floods in the UK, snow in the States, the polar icecaps falling into the sea, anything.

In fact you can all criticise me if Ashley chooses not to spend this window and oh, nearly forgot, Pardew’s failings as a coach, Kinnear’s appointment and apparent impersonation of a tub of lard, Ciaran’s narcissism, the mismanagement of the Fans’ Forum – anything anyone wants to have a whine about, I’ll take responsibility!

Whoops, nearly forgot, blame me for team selection, tactics and the resultant thrashing by Citeh!

• 55 lesh // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:40 PM

ilovetoon8788 @43….. Look back two threads and you might just see…..

• 56 Mister Tuff // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Decent article on the Mag site about the Fans Forum – seems a good precis of events up to the present time.
    Link:-

• 57 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM

lesh…sorry mate :( didn’t mean to pill more pressure on you mate!

…you can never win with the missus though – when you are right you are wrong and when you are wrong…well then you are wrong :D lol

• 58 shearer and the duchess // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Surely if the club had any ambition to finish in a European place, then they would invest in players this window.
    We are in a great position at the start of the second half of the season.
    I certainly don’t expect transfers as I don’t believe the club have any ambition to finish in a European spot.

• 59 Marty-Toon // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I’d almost say it’d be a good idea to put our squad players on against City as we will get brushed aside no matter who plays.
    I’d rather Tiote,Cabaye,Sissoko,Gouffran and Remy get more rest for the other games coming up as City really make poor ball retention teams like ourselves work extremely hard.
    Swansea actually had over 50% possession against them and were unlucky,we on the other hand will be lucky to be near 40

• 60 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:55 PM

*pile more pressure

• 61 lesh // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM

No sweat Jesper, I’m the equivalent of a cat – there to be kicked at will!

Anyway, the Guardian’s reporting that McGready’s close to signing a pre-contract to join Everton in the summer.

Just what is Kinnear doing? What is Kinnear for?

• 62 Ciaran // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Cyprus

You and I have directly opposing views on HBA and we shall leave it that. He would be your first selection, whereas he would be among my last (of our first team options of course, I wouldn’t pick Obertan ahead of him haha)

We will not beat Man City on Sunday. Lesser teams have beat them at home this season but we will not. Being creative and ‘having a go’ will open us up to a thrashing as they have so much quality. Our make shift back four is vulnerable enough as it is without having a passenger in the starting line up.

We need to hassle, harry, and bully them to knock the wind out of their sails and I am afraid HBA does not fit the bill.

• 63 Ciaran // Jan 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Lesh

McGeady is all mouth and no trouser, a really poor winger I have to say. Having watched a lot of Celtic matches in my younger years, and having watched McGeady line out for my national team for many, many years, I would say we are not missing out.

He would be better than some of the players we have at our squad, but his final ball is abysmal.

• 64 DokToon // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM

ciaran,

as a friend, i believe i recall you saying we’d get thumped by maunre away as well.. and the supporters were singing til they were hoarse…

in light of that, a friendly wager on us beating citeh then? ill, as always support the mighty mighty toon army!!

• 65 Roger // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM

The problem is we have no second guard.
    If any of our best players is ill, sick or something
    else, there is no one to come in for him.

• 66 Markaccus // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I dont think we can afford to start HBA. If he had one of those rare games where he passed and kept his head up then fine, but we can’t rely on him doing that. I wouldn’t mind too much if we tried to do what we did against Benfica last season. Contain and then go for it las 20 mins. We were a little unlucky in the end.

• 67 Rotonda heights // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:04 PM

70TW)

Wouldn’t have saylor anywhere near the team. he got absolutely destroyed at the Etihad. Responsible for both goals and sent off.

Haidara for saylor and Willo and MYM central with santon shifted to the right.

• 68 Ciaran // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Dok

I don’t think I said we’d get thumped by Man U away, if you can find anywhere I said that then I’d gladly eat humble pie. If anything I said we had a great opportunity to turn them over at OT saying they have been so poor this season. There is a gulf in quality between City and Man U this season.

I’m not a gambling man in the slightest, but lay down the gauntlet and I could be tempted.

(NB I always support Newcastle too, but that doesn’t mean I think we will always win :P )

• 69 Jail for Ashley // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:06 PM

When the club first started the fans forum meeting I wasn’t aware it was a UEFA mandatory directive, so therd will still be people on here thinking it’s part of the clubs friendly image, the club would have nothing to do with such a meet if they didn’t have to and NUST were banned before it started if it wasn’t the minutes it would have been some other percieved sleight.

• 70 Rotonda heights // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Roger

We have a very strong bench. Cisse, Ben Arfa, MYM and Anita can’t get starts and Marveaux and Jonas aren’t even in the squad!

We have got to move beyond this we haven’t got a good squad excuse. The truth is we’ve got a manager who doesn’t know how to play to the squad’s strengths.

• 71 cyprus // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Ciaran,
    Fair enough and we do agree on Obertan :)

• 72 Ciaran // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Rotonda

Are you using the fact Marv and Jonas aren’t in the squad to demonstrate how strong our squad is? Jonas and Marv are not top level footballers.

Also, with the exception of Anita, Haidara (who should be in for Santon) and M’biwa (who should be in for Colo) we have little else in the way of options.

Cisse is worse than useless. HBA blows hot and cold and is more liability than use. We do not have a great squad, we don’t even have a good squad.

I agree, AP isn’t a great manager, but do not exaggerate the strength of our squad to make a point about AP.

• 73 DokToon // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:16 PM

ciaran, from post on 6 dec, 2013…

paste
    I think we’ll get thumped at Man U… while we are in good form, they seem to be better at every position than us. Add to it that the transfer window is weeks away, and i do not see Ashley making a single move, it’s a recipe for disaster. As long as Ashley is in chrage, we will never win at Old Tratford, because we lack ambition”

there you go sir…

• 74 Mister Tuff // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:17 PM

dok toon – afternoon -nicely to see you posting regularly again and so early after your thrashing -had expected you to be “off” for a while. Nice to see the US medical services got you sorted out so quickly. Shows that Obama care is a good concept and working.
    As for having a wager that we will beat City – whilst there are no real certainties in football -there are exceptions -as sure as the sun rises each day -we are going to get spanked/whooped/thrashed/arses twanged etc etc.

• 75 BandB // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Let’s rewind the clock to July, and look at what might have happened to NUFC 2013/14 in just one a million alternative universes.
    Or Joe Kinnear’s version of “It’s A Wonderful Life.”
    The end-of-season review is complete, and Mike Ashley bows to Alan Pardew’s demand that he is given full control of transfers.
    Graham Carr, stung that Ashley appears to have agreed with Pardew that he is failing to scout the right sort of players, resigns.
    Llambias stays on and negotiates for Pardew the signing of two of his long-term targets….Darren Bent and James Tomkins.
    Loic Remy goes on loan to Sunderland.
    “It going to be a big year for Perchy”, proclaims a cock-hoop Pardew, before handing a new three-year contract to Jonas Gutierrez, and extensions to Dan Gosling and Shola.
    Pardew explains: “With Perchy and Jonas stiffening the midfield, Benty is just the man to nick us one.”
    But by Christmas, the oft-injured and misfiring Bent has scored just four goals. Fans are asking what the likes of Yohan Gouffran, whose late cameos in place of the tiring Jonas have yielded but a single goal, actually brings to the team. Vurnon Anita, who has featured in just two first-round cup exits, is similarly panned.
    Meanwhile, the “English Shield Wall” pairing of Taylor and Tomkins is the leakiest in the division and another possible relegation battle looms.

My point is not to speculate that these things would or might have happened. Just that they haven’t. Things could have been worse than they are.
    I am happy. Yes. I’d have to be happy to be in a position that is about seven points better than I imagined for this stage of the season.
    Am I content. No. No because there doesn’t appear to have been any change of mindset, policy or ambition.

It feels like one of those soullessly routine relationships, where the bills will always be paid and the wolf will never be at the door, but where tomorrow will be just the same as today, for ever and ever and ever.

• 76 cyprus // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Markaccus,
    Good strategy, but what if we are losing 5-0 in the last 20′? :)
    I am hoping we won’t concede in the first 10′. If we can do that, we can hope.
    PS. I forgot that in the cup game we did pretty well in the first 90′.

• 77 DokToon // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:25 PM

mr tuff,

i actually laughed at that post… thrashing and obamacare? when did i recieve both? :)

i believe it was dante who said, “as long as i breathe, i hope”…. may not be a dante quote, but it sounds right…

• 78 Rotonda heights // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Ciaran,

I know you have agenda wit ashley as I do with AP, but I think a lot of managers would love to have our squad.

Someone like Cisse who has been e a goal machine all his life wherever he has gone doesn’t become a bad player overnight, similarly with HBA who won 5 league titles in France.

Conversely look what good coaching has done for Henderson at Liverpool,

I’m not a fan of Jonas but he is an Argentinian international whereas the brilliance Marveaux showed away at Arsenal and in creating all the assists he made for Cisse showed he had something last season. Good coaching could have brought that on in leaps and bounds.

That those 2 can’t even get in the squad point to problems elsewhere, namely poor management.

I do blame Ash for Pardew, JFK and Wonga but basically we have poor management.

• 79 Mister Tuff // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM

dok – I thought it would get a laugh.

• 80 DokToon // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM

BandB,

good to see you, as always :)

though the last paragraph depressed me, and im in need of a drink at a different bar now just to escape the normalcy of my routines :)

• 81 Rotonda heights // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM

The sad thing is we are so so predictable we will try and contain for ages then see what happens. This will lead to inevitable and enormous pressure for most of the game and we may not get lucky again this time.

Wouldn’t it be refreshing to take the game to city as that is the last thing they will expect from a Pardew team..

• 82 DokToon // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM

well done sir tuff

• 83 ToonDarnSarf // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM

The club chose the Fans Forum representatives? From what I understand, these were chosen randomly from representatives of different groups amongst the fan base. Do you know anything to disprove this statement?

• 84 Rotonda heights // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Band B

I think you have it spot on when you say ”soul-less”

That’s where I feel now, totally drained of any enthusiasm and emotion at the hands of the dull and joyless triumvirate of messrs Ashley, JFK and Pardew.

A few good results, helped by Manu losing to everyone now, Krul beating Spurs single handedly and 2 red cards seeing us past Stoke, hinted at something better.

However, normal service was resumed with consecutive defeats to bottom clubs Cardiff and WBA as well as to an Ozil and Ramsay less Arsenal. The latter due to a spectacular failure by pardew to rest and rotate during the festive period.

Yes, soul-less describes the whole scenario very well.

• 85 breno95 // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:46 PM

quality – the one who thinks he is the oracle of all NUFC ousted again with past comments being found to show just how fickle and full of rubbish he is.
    i congratulate you DOK on your good work. keep it up.

• 86 DokToon // Jan 10, 2014 at 5:57 PM

ummmm easy there breno… it was a joke between ciaran and myself… but my writing can sound like his though :)

• 87 Ciaran // Jan 10, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Breno

Oracle? No. I am the One.

previous post: PSG Interest In This Newcastle Player Seems Unlikely