Pardew – Joe Hart Was Never Saving That Shot

Alan Pardew was furious with referee Mike Jones at half time after he had disallowed a fantastic Check Tiote strike, as the ball flew like greased lightning into the back of the net and Joe Hart was never going to get to that ball, and he hardly moved.

alan pardew confronts referee

Alan Pardew confronts referee Jones at half time

Three Newcastle players were in offside positions but were not interfering with play, and certainly Yoan Gouffran was not in the line of sight of the goalkeeper, so he was not interfering with play.

But Mike Jones still disallowed the goal in an absolutely bizarre decision.

Ala Pardew talked to the referee after the game and whatever explanation he got was not satisfactory, as he had tis to say to Sky Sports after the game:

“For me, this is an entertainment business. The guy’s hit a goal that Joe Hart is just not going to save. It goes through a number of bodies but his vision is not impaired.”

“I don’t think he was clear in his answers about Joe Hart being impaired – I couldn’t work that out.” “I don’t understand it. “Even if Man City’s back four is on the edge of the box and we’ve got four offside, it’s such a clean hit, it’s going in the top corner.”

“He’s got that wrong and unfortunately that was a massive call. In these type of games that have got to go your way.” “It was probably easier for him to give the goal and I can’t understand why he hasn’t.

“We’re crying out for entertainment, you hit and goal like that the place is in uproar, and he’s gone on a real tiny technicality, which I think is wrong.”

Goals change games, and when Cheick’s goal was disallowed Newcastle had come back after taking a hammering in the first 20 minutes, and Newcastle were on the offensive big time – so goals change games.

And goals disallowed by referees under controversial circumstances also change games, which is what referee Mike Jones did today.

We’ll have to see what happens, but usually when a referee has a poor game, which Mike Jones had today,  he usually gets a lower league game the next weekend.

But that’s not going to help Newcastle of course.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• wolfshead@toon

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM

the two down souths are having a spat now 🙂

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Has anyone seen Vlad Chiriches’ goal against Fulham?

Disgrace PL referees all of them

• mattyNUFC

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:25 PM

TDS

no, i’m just super hungover from last night and can’t conjure the will to get out of bed and, seeing as i don’t post on here that often, hardly ever, reminding myself and others that your emergence only came with Kinnears appointment in his current role perhaps gives standing to conspiratorial notions that you are in fact employed by the club……

in all honesty i’m just trying to give you a hard time because you’re overtly pompous and, although i don’t always post, i do read the comments when time allows and you are always starting an argument with someone and trying to come out of it vindicated, though no doubt each time you stoop as low as those you ridicule for doing so

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Pardew – he is England’s no 1

• manxpie

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM

manxpie // Jan 12, 2014 at 6:25 PM

norcal yeah he called me out for knowing nothing about football when i said we’re playing much better (which coincided with the turn in the game i might add!?)
    he really does boil my piss lol
    same with rotonda who is the the absolute fickle fan!!
    and he keeps on reminding us how he’s been there for 50 years!
    makes me wonder if he was calling for sir bobby tbh !!!!?

• Transfer Sage

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:30 PM

I don’t blame the ref or linesman for today. You see it all the time, not just offsides but also handballs and tackles/dives in the box.

The rules are far too vague and allow the ref too much room for his own judgement.

The fact that all refs are giving bad/wrong decisions so often this season shows to me the problem is more in the rules that individual refs. Just too much for then to judge in a split second, the laws need to be more black and white.

• 89Norcal

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:31 PM

@jimiley
    I know, just a bit of a joke 🙂 We could spend that kind of money on a really great player.

@manx
    Honestly man there’s no point in caring what catchy says. He’s just a bit slow and if you disagree with him he gets angry and logs off.

Only time I’ve seen him be positive was I think the 1-0 victory vs Man U recently. And even then it was only because the blog was in universal agreement that we played well.

• mattyNUFC

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:32 PM

TS

agree completely with you. it was a tough call for the linesman to make. i wouldn’t have wanted to be the ref and have to decide on that one. a lot of unfair stick i thin

• Transfer Sage

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Manx

I’m not fab of pardew myself, don’t thinks he’s as bad as some say, but today he set us up well.

the problem for me is you see today in Pre game interview he says that will attack as sitting back is asking for trouble, we press and have a good and look very good. My worry is why don’t we so this against the smaller sides, it would blow a lot of then away with our talent.

I can see pardew is improving the passing play but when we play with the shackles on we are toothless which is the problem.

• mattyNUFC

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM

what we really need is video replays. it’s so simple.

blatter and platini love to strangle this game as best they can

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM

mattyNUFC

I’ll think you’ll find that I’m usually just trying to contradict the likes of Ruddy/Ciaran, MacToon, JfA and others who have overly negative views of the owner/manager/DoF. Those people are all very passionate fans but are also very closed minded and unwilling/unable to understand the intricacies of a modern football club. It’s people like that, evidenced by Ciaran’s disrespectful questioning or Lee Marshall on Twitter, that harm the relationship between club and fans.

Those fans (can’t be sure if JfA is an Ashley out man though – so he may not be included in this statement), are the sort who are demanding that a man who legally owns a club to leave rather than focussing on how to improve things with him as owner. They argue like a religious fanatic and are blind to anything that contradicts their unflinching belief.

Some people really can’t see the wood for the trees. There are genuine problems with this club but they just attack people at the club for everything rather than focus on the actual problems. No good will come of it.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Matty

It’s just happening so often and too every ref it can’t be just bad work from refs who have never been this bad before.

I hate the way players and managers about at refs too, accept the decision and move on, shouting does no good. If somebody screamed at me I know which way the next. 50/50 call would go…not their way.

• manxpie

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM

laudrop for people who said he doesn’t or would ever use injuries as excuses btw!!?

“We lost the game but now we have to get some players back and win the next game. I think we are down to just 13 fit players now but we will see what happens in the week.”

mmmm if you add the fact he said europe doesn’t make a difference and you should deal with it!
    and the fact lots of you used these exact same things to batter pardew with!!
    how about you lot look at the bigger picture next time!!!

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM

If the stories are true about some Qatari team offering 9M for Cisse then we should take thier hands off, after last summers carry on it clearly shows he doesn’t want to be here and he’s offering absolutely nothing to the team, but does Ashley still think he’s worth the 15M he was reduced from.

• mattyNUFC

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

TDS

to me, that last line in your second paragraph defines you on this blog as well. that’s not an insult, its just how i see things

I’d like to hear what you think is wrong with the club, if you don’t mind.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

TADS

Er…there are a few dozen negative ignorant muppets. I stand by that. If I was including everyone who disagrees with me then there would be a lot more than a few dozen!

I respect those who disagree with me, but I don’t respect those who cannot engage with me properly, cannot respond to specific points and are constantly lying to try to prove their stupid and ignorant points.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Sage
    Agree and Dis agree
    Thought it was an awful decision and the law on interfering with play for me has always been pretty clear cut, the ball didn’t take a touch, no one was blocking Harts view so there was no call to make, the managers knew it, our players knew it and Man City’s players knew hence why not one of them reacted

That being said the result shouldn’t rest on that one moment, same as Arsenal we simply weren’t good enough in front of goal and our front 3 for me were massively ineffective today which there was no real reason for because our midfield was fantastic and giving them fantastic support and service yet we were limited again to long shots as the winger simply weren’t getting into good positions

• Transfer Sage

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM

TDS

In fairness these people you mention don’t demand he just leaves, they demand he starts to actively look for buyers and try to sell as oppose to just staying put. There is a difference to be fair to people.

Matty

No keen on video replay. Refs would use them too much if it was their call to be safe not sorry and if managers/captains could use them it could be tactical for counter attacks.

Also video replays are not always conclusive, can often argue things either way so might cause as many problems as they solve.

Goal line is fine as can be done quickly without stopping the game.

• MacToon

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Eh, they (referees) went out of their way to disallow a perfectly good goal.
    Nothing to do with vague rules but poor refereeing. The standard of football has improved so much since the league became the Premiership, unfortunately the quality and standard of refereeing hasn’t.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Just got back from match
    We were excellent didn’t deserve to lose.
    Just read some of the blogs saying Anita was crap.
    If you think he was crap then you nowt about football.
    Anita, Williamson and Tiote best players on the pitch.
    And now the old c**t that managers Shitty and their supporters winging on about our tackling and tactics of trying to get their players sent off.
    n

• Ted Bundy

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM

😆

Got to laugh, he’s pretty much verbatim stole Ruddy’s schtick and the accompanying thunder.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

TDsarf,
    You can’t be sure if I’m an Ashley out man, you think I want a man who I’d like to see imprisoned for his crimes against NUFC in charge of the club.
    As for us being anti Pardew although not his biggest fan I think you’ll find we’ve been quite supportive of him as he’s been dealt a sh!t hand.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

mattyNUFC

Worst thing categorically is the relationship between club and fans. SJH was great with this and his immediate successors (Douglas Hall and FFS) seem to have bathed in his grace despite being nasty pieces of work.

But then Ashley came along, was arrogant enough to think he knew how to run a football club, managed to mess around 2 club legends and then presided over one of the 2 biggest clubs to get relegated in the PL era (the other being Leeds).

That hurt many fans and the attitude from a minority ever since then has meant that the relationship is very hard to rebuild.

Genuinely, I think most things with the club are exactly where they should be given that we only got back in the PL a few years ago. We should buy a new striker, a new centre half and some more young players but we’re well set. But I’d love to see the fans and the club heal some of the wounds and work well together.

• MacToon

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:43 PM

ToonDarnSarf // Jan 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM

—————–

and you are qualified to decide what is negative? Remind me of my views on pardew and JFK?

You are an ignorant and arrogant gobshite DarnSarf.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:43 PM

TS

Same thing mate. Something that he won’t do until he wants to.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Manx

I think the problem is how much Europe effected us compared to how much it effected Swansea…we went from 5th to 16th….Swansea went from finishing 9th to currently in 13th.

We rotated a lot, average 8 players a game for group stage of Europe.

I accept it probably added to injuries and meant a disruption to training but we should have done better

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:44 PM

TDS
    I’m sorry but your just describing yourself
    Your not respectful in putting your point across
    You don’t engage people’s points, you rattle off on a rant of why they are wrong
    And you also twist facts to suit your points as you have done in your last sentence of the first paragraph of your post at 11

• mattyNUFC

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:47 PM

TDS

fair enough, i just don’t see why you’re so quick to antagonize that belief that the relationship is utter crap. The last post you brought in up in jest about MA ‘not caring about the fans’.

being a football owner is no easy task. but being a football owner with the level of contempt he shows year in, year out for us is even more difficult.

• lochinvar

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Ok statisticians – just how many other goals this season have been disallowed for a suspect interpretation of a dodgy rule by incompetent officials swayed by undue pressure from the mega bucks clubs ? That’ll be a zero then ?

• Transfer Sage

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:47 PM

TDS

It’s not at all…the fans demanded he sold before and he put the club up for sale so not totally pointless…it never sold but at least pressure told.

Mactoon

This was a clearer one I accept, but for all the refs, not just some there should something more than standards dropping. For me in general rules are too vague on handballs and diving, far to difficult for refs to call sometime

• mattyNUFC

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:48 PM

club owner*

• Transfer Sage

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Lochinvar

Liverpool had a clear on side run (3 yards onside) disallowed at man city…it happens.

There have been so many handballs and dives given as well which aren’t right and many not given. It happens to everyone.

• manxpie

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:50 PM

kompany- we were in the trenches today and his hardest game
    says alot doesn’t it
    especially against the people who hammer players and the staff before a ball has been kicked!

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM

People are using the disallowed goal as an excuse for Yanga Mbiwa to have been sent off.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM

from nufc.com

Speaking of negotiations, the likelihood of Papiss Cisse leaving Gallowgate this month has resulted in further efforts from Newcastle to secure a new striker.

And as has been widely predicted, heading the queue of possible incomers is Dutch international Luuk De Jong, whose ill-fated stint at Borussia Monchengladbach is drawing to a close.

A loan deal for the rest of the season with the option for a permanent move this summer is looming, by which time the 23 year-old could be joined on Tyneside by his elder brother, Ajax midfielder Siem.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Manx

I accept that, we have done well against all big teams but it means little when you put in timid performances against west brom, west ham, Sunderland, Cardiff, Hull, etc

It’s not all doom and gloom by a long means but we need this intensity and threat in all games, not just the big ones.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:58 PM

TS

It may not be all doom and gloom but there is nothing to be excited by either.

• Tsunki

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:58 PM

ToonDarnSarf – I can conclude from your comment about the officiating today that you are an unapologetic Devil’s Advocate. You seem to take the contrary stance for the sake of it; well, bravo, if thats contributing to lively blog discussion, but your stance on todays refereeing is a poorly judged one. In my humble opinion of course, but also, I suspect, in the majority of analyses today (apart from subscribers to the blue half of Ranyville). I can see why some would take the view that you do seem to propose an opinion more for the sake of controversy than honest assessment of things that actually happen.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Our scouts were present at Bordeaux vs Toulouse. Been told by friend who is a Season ticket holder at Bordeaux I Am guessing Ben Yedder

• manxpie

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:00 PM

sage but my point is he made a big point of europe not making a difference to league form

and many on here have used that quote to hammer pardew!
    agree?

but there form and injuries have proven that it does effect the league position
    if it didn’t and laudrop was such a great manager they’d certainly be in the top 10 at least especially with the money they’ve spent!?
    i’m just pointing out the fact lots of laudrops supporters hammered pardew last season with the exact same thing and i mean hammered! lol

1 2 3 9