Gutierrez Signs For Norwich On Loan Through End Of Season

Jonas Gutierrez has moved to Norwich, but it’s only on loan until the end of the season, when Norwich will have the option of signing the Argentine International for a fee of £3M.

Jonas Gutierrez +Chelsea+

Jonas Gutierrez in action for Newcastle

Jonas has lots of experience and can play in multiple different positions, so he could be a good acquisition for Norwich City and he joins his former manager at Newcastle – Chris Hughton.

This is what Chris said about the loan signing:

“So I think he will bring a lot of experience and quality to our squad, not to mention flexibility.” “He has a great work ethic and he can play in several different positions, including fullback.”

“He can easily play in three different positions in midfield, although he is predominantly a wide player.” “He is a good individual as well though, very much a team player and he is a very hard worker.”

Gutierrez had sent tweets out over the weekend suggesting he was leaving Newcastle for good, and so we thought some deal was very close, but the surprise is that it’s only a loan move – at least at first.

Jonas had this to say:

“I’m just happy to be here. I want to win my place and then do my best for the team.”

We expect Jonas to do very well at Norwich, and the chances are very good that Norwich will follow through with his permanent singing in the summer.

£3M is not a bad fee for Newcastle to receive for the 30 year-old, who has been squeezed out on Tyneside this season.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:35 PM

97toonarmydownsouth // Jan 13, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Have to say bit sad that Jonas has gone!
    He’s had some stern critics on here but for me whenever picked he played with determination graft and passion

He’s been a great servant to the club and always handled himself with the upmost of professionalism and always gave 110% and taking to twitter to say thank you to the club and fans shows what a class act the lad is
    Good luck Jonas lad

JFA
    Too right mate, one things for sure he would of showed a hell of a lot more guts than some of the lads vs Cardiff
    And if the fans knew it was his last game in a black and white shirt SJP would of been rocking

• Ibizatoon

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Good luck Jonas. Good move for him and he’ll be well looked after by Chris.

Smart move for Norwich, a great utility player to have, but one we really should be looking to cut our ties with in the name of progress.

Still a little sad to see him go.

• Peter Beardsley

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:43 PM

You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone…

• Our Toon

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:47 PM

REPOST

TDS

Normally I try to avoid having arguments / debates with you because I see what your like on a daily basis!! You said to name players that haven’t been replaced by us I mentioned 2 players and your response is BS!! I repeat below:

Andy Carroll – who I feel hasn’t been replaced, we are looking for a forward that can hold the ball up, is good in the air and can score goals who has replaced him?

Demba Ba – Hasn’t been replaced, Remy doesn’t belong to us and if we preferred to pay wages then he would be here on a permanent basis rather than on loan!! Who’s replaced Ba?

I have no idea what this championship manager is but the only thing it sounds like is our current manager who is a championship manager at best!! Ronaldo is irreplaceable but you wouldn’t know that!! Ferdinand has been replaced as he doesn’t play but Phil Jones is his replacement in the making as is young Januzai a replacement for giggs

Not many players like Scholes doubt he’ll be replaced!! The players you mention though are world class, they were in there prime and there only a handful of candidates that can replace them!! Demba Ba isn’t world class and neither is AC, remember we are not Chelsea or Citeh, we are Newcastle United and there are enough players for the type of standard we are looking for!! Crawl out of MAs rear end and you may see things from a fans perspective!!

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:48 PM

TADS

Ok…fair point…maybe the last line went too far, I apologise for that. But I stand by the first line. And I and a little fed up with being accused of being an accountant when people keep tripping out elements of the finances and using that to support an argument. The finances need to be looked at as a whole if someone wants to comment on them. We were one of the top spenders on agent fees last season for example and we have one of the top 8 wage bills.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Our Toon

Sure, we could do with a big strong striker. To replace Shola and work with the other forwards though.

My point is that you’re totally wrong when you claim that other clubs replace players in the same window. Utd have not signed a player to replace Scholes, and every club in the PL is missing a player or more in key positions.

I don’t care about replacing players, I care about the squad we have. Ba left in Jan and we signed Goofy. It looks like we were in for another striker in summer but it didn’t happen. You know the club won’t pay over the odds so why are you complaining when the club does exactly what it says it will do?

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM

TDS
    If were paying so much for agents fee’s and wages then surely that goes a huge way to suggest we haven’t got a good enough team in place to negotiate deals and were having to pay higher fees/incentives to get players here
    And also that’s the price for signing players out of or nearly out of contract as they have more power to dictate the terms due to the lack of fee?

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Stuart

Must have misread the table. But then you could argue that the club has done brilliantly! With clubs like Stoke and Villa having huge net spends and still they’re rubbish…

• G

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:59 PM

A good deal for both the clubs involved, and also for the player. Whilst he has never been great, he’s never been a bad player for us either. Good luck Jonas.

• WWSBRD

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Upset but understanding when it comes to this

All the best Gutti, always a star in my eyes u crazy Argentinian SOB

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:01 AM

TADS

it’s mainly reflected in the number we signed and the fact that we got them on excellent deals I think.

• stuart no9

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:01 AM

repost–
    stuart no9 // Jan 13, 2014 at 11:43 PM

TDS dont know where you get those figues from .
    over 5 years the difference from 4th to 20 th is 116m that makes it 23M per season , secondly yep they are above us , very much above us , so they dont really need to spend , do they???? if we were in their position we wouldnt either, as it is the reason why we are unambitios is that is that we are botton of that table with a team in decline – not very good really is it ????

check again

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I am with P here on the whole spending thing.

Not that I agree with how Ashley is going about his business – that Guy should not even being owning a football club 🙂

The point is those model who we are following are not really spending more than us – of course if you make big sales then you can have some fun at times as well..

If I was advising Ashley on how to spend his money I know what I would say (wouldn’t be what most of us fans would want to hear)

• Our Toon

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:03 AM

TDS

The reason I complain is because we are standing still and in football or any sport any team that stands still will have a bleak future!! JFKs match day comments don’t fill me with confidence either mate 1 or 2 signings a year!! Come on that is ridiculous, don’t forget loan deals count for nothing because it’s not a replacement we don’t own these players, are you saying Carroll’s replacement is Shola and Ba’s replacement was Gouffran?

As for Scholes I repeat the guy was world class, players like that are hard to replace if not impossible, it takes time to get the right player for that type of club and for the kind of competitions they will be playing in, Ba and AC are not impossible to replace or even that difficult to replace

• jimmysmith

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Message to the very excellent Shola and Guti just quietly. Come to Japan and be genuinely adored and fated, make a shed load of money and live like a king until your late 30s.

Uralla Red Diamonds in Northern Tokyo get home crowds of 70 000 in an absolutely stunning stadium, and you’d walk into their side.

Norwich, bit of a damp squib all together, by comparison, have to say.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Our Toon

We haven’t moved forward? Please tell me a better 11 since Shearer stopped playing.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:08 AM

It still doesn’t say anything about what this deal entails?

Are Norwich paying his wages and is there a fixed price agreed? If not that might not be in our favor.

Remember sending Jonas to Norwich doesn’t mean we will sign anyone – for all I know it just mean Obertan might get more game time

• Mister Tuff

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:13 AM

TDS – you’ve just mentioned the finances need to be looked at as a “whole”. This would be the correct method. Unfortunately the problem, or perceived problem, is that the Toon’s finances seem to be spread over several companies which would make this task extremely difficult. .If there was apparent evidence that there was no shenanigans or perceived shenanigans -this matter would never have become the focus of fans suspicion and it would never have arisen as an area of concern.
    It is not beyond the “skills” of those with the required abilities to arrange accounts/finances to be difficult to scrutinise -especially where multiple accounts are concerned. I was until recently employed by an organisation whose managers could knock the spots off any accountants from Deloittes (who did the annual audits) by being ultra imaginative with the accounts. Deloittes would send sprog accountants, put them in a bed and breakfast for a few days and they never ever spotted the flaws in the accounts. I have chosen my phraseology with care so as not to suggest criminal behaviour.

• jimmysmith

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Errggh…make that URAWA Red Diamonds.

Uralla is a charming although one horse town in the northern NSW countryside in Aussie, where me saintly old mum lives.

Damnable auto cue.

• Our Toon

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM

TDS

Did I say we haven’t moved forward? I said we haven’t replaced Ba or Carroll because you asked what players hadn’t been replaced, from that you’ve made an assumption that I think we haven’t moved forward!! I have consistently said this is the most talented squad we’ve had since SBR era which is why it’s even more frustrating that investment isn’t made in the first team or should I say sufficient investment!! Targets of top 10 finish should be minimum goals but not something we should aspire to or benchmark ourselves against, top 6 is something we can achieve with the right investment

In the summer Cabaye will be off because we show no ambition, he wants CL football, we will never give him that signing 1 or 2 players a year!! Remy doesn’t want to play for us, seeing as foreign players take at least 6mths to settle surely the time to find these replacements is now!!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Senor Tuff…what kind of people are you surrounding yourself with mate? 😉

• p

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:18 AM

I see GFN are reporting more contact between us and Montpellier or Cabella and that they have named a price of 20m euros.

I thought they had done business with Mash before?

As I said before, I think it will only happen if Cabaye leaves but, you never know with Mash. I think that would surprise a lot of people if he signed irrespective of major departures.

It will probably play out as it always does; we take it to the brink over 50 euros and lose out on the player until July when we sign him for considerably less.

• NEoffers.co.uk

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Newcastle Comedy Event £5 (2-4-1 Tickets)

Saturday 1st Feb
    Everyone needs a laugh every now and again, why not trust your laughter with the professionals with the Creased Comedy event.

• Our Toon

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Jesper 17

The deal is that they pay wages 100% and have agreed to £3m as a signing fee if they wish to buy him in the summer but they won’t be held to this, summer can come and they can say no thanks!! Jonas hasn’t left permanently, I don’t believe they will pay us a fee for taking him on loan though!!

• Toon Tang

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:21 AM

there not going to want to pay 3 mil for him after they see him play first hand. I very much doubt we will see that at the end of the season.

• stuart no9

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:21 AM

TDS – not arguing about your point on villa and stoke splashing out and not doing well , i dont care about them on where they are or what they do – not bothered , i am concerned about us though , on what we do or what we spend, but yeah stoke – villa , crap.

• Our Toon

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:22 AM

P

Or we could miss out on him altogether as we did with PEA because we penny pinched in this window

• Mister Tuff

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:23 AM

jesper -evening -I did say until recently. Moving money around various accounts does happen in organisations, beyond my skills to spot, but not for those who know what they are doing.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Mister Tuff

To be honest, once people start getting into the area of suggesting that the accounts are in some way fiddled, then I am just not going to go there. There’s no evidence to prove it, our revenue is bound to have taken a hit with relegation and our commercial revenue was around the same as Everton’s I believe.

Arguing that point would be a bit like arguing against homophobia with a staunch catholic. I can’t prove my point against someone who simply believes something is true.

• p

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:24 AM

our toon – honestly, I think we were never going to get old crystal boots once Dortmund showed their interest.

It was a one way love affair.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Our Toon…do we know this for sure it is it just speculation?

Senor Tuff…some people are very creative mate and some people tend to always move the line between right or wrong (not saying that is the case here though;) lol)

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Our Toon

You said we’re standing still.

Top 6 means very little and the top 6 all have squads worth much more than ours. We need to build to a point we can attack the top 4.

The club doesn’t have unlimited money and there’s no point going into debt to finish 7th rather than 8th. I’d rather see us wait and get two bargain £5M players rather than overpay for one £10M player now. Play the long game…ask Portsmouth, Leeds, Blackburn etc. if the short game works without spending half a billion…

• Our Toon

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:29 AM

P

Haha I agree mate, I feel Cabella scenario may be the same

• p

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Well I thought the Montpellier guy, Nicollin or whatever he’s called was just mouthing off to get Manure to come in but looks like Moyes is looking elsewhere.

• ToonDarnSarf

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Stuart

We’re spending less on transfer fees and more on wages. Does it matter? Can’t you just see that we have a top 8 squad now and surely we will be improving on that.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:35 AM

PEA wanted to go to Dortmund and de Jong wanted to go BMG!

…the deal that will forever annoy me is the Remy deal to QPR

• p

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:38 AM

jesper, perhaps we would have missed out on Sissoko, YMB and Haidaro if Remy had signed.

Not sure that outweighs it.

I guess my point is that if we had got Remy perhaps other things may have turned out for the worse.

• Our Toon

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:39 AM

TDS

Leeds Portsmouth and Blackburn have never been in the top 20 for revenues in world football, to constantly beat that drum is getting away from simple facts mate, scaremongering tactics used by pro Ashley supporters.

I said if you stand still in football, and we loaned Remy who doesn’t belong to us, in my eyes we stood still last summer and paid the price but tried to rectify this by spending in man to avoid relegation, this summer in comes Remy out goes perch and Harper along with a couple of other squad players that in my eyes is standing still but the squad we have is good but with a bit more investment can make the difference between 10th or 8th to 6th

Not investing in transfer windows and not having in youth players coming through is not good for any team, add to that possible departures in the summer of Cabaye and Colo, Remy loan finishing, HBA in final year of contract Shola out of contract, and I’m sure you see the issue!! We have moved forward but it’s always 1 step forward and 2 steps back

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:41 AM

P…that we will never know. 😉

…but here we are and Remy is here – would hardly say any of those players could sub for Remy being different kinds of players and all that.

• ramajama

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:42 AM

I’m going to miss Jonas a tonne. He’s been my favourite player since he signed. Such a great team player, doesnt get the credit he deserves for what he does both on and off the pitch, may have lost his way a little in the attacking third but one hell of a defensive player, made Enrique look a lot better than he was! Seems to be a real genuine guy and we all know the value he added when getting us back to the prem.