The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Looking To Bring PSG Striker In On Loan

10:22 am, Friday, January 17th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 141 Comments

Sports Direct News are reporting today that Newcastle  could be after another French player, and this time the Tyneside club seem to be interested in 18 year-old PSG striker Hervin Ongenda.

Hervin Ongenda.

Hervin Ongenda - PSG 18 year-old striker

There is news in France today that the player needs to get first team games somewhere, and that he would be open  to a loan move in January.

But the player, who was born in Paris, and is of Congo descent,  has made only three appearances for the Paris side, since he joined them last year,  and he made his debut last January in the French Cup against Arras.

His father Felix Ongenda has said this in Le Parisien today:

“Hervin needs playing time,” “Otherwise, I’m sure his morale will drop. At his age, you have to play as much as possible. We have asked the bosses to agree to a loan. We are awaiting their response.”

The Sports Direct News report suggests the player would be interested in a loan move to Newcastle.

But the lad would have very little chance of any first team playing time at Newcastle, with the experienced Papiss Cisse and Shola Ameobi in the queue to replace Loic Remy – if the Frenchman should get injured.

Maybe Sports Direct news has some inside information on this, but on the surface of it, this doesn’t seem to make too much sense to us.

This lad has played for all the French Youth sides from U16 through U21, where he has so far made one appearance – which isn’t too bad considering the 5’7″ right footed youngster is still only 18 years old.

He may be a good youngster to bring into Newcastle permanently,  but he wouldn’t get any playing time at the moment on a loan deal.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

141 responses so far ↓

• 1 catchy in norway // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:24 AM

jay

I think its a great place to live,

I can not be sure what tromso is like but Im guessing it will be like where I moved to in Norway, quite a small place,
    if it is a small place, and not a big city, the people are quite shy at first, because they think there English is poor, but if you get in with the locals, they accept you ,

kids help ,as you meet there parents at school meetings

I went helping with the ski shooting, and also took the job( no pay) for looking after the gym, my partner took the womens fitness classes ,

im now in the city, and it is a very multi national place, everyone is friendly enough,,

Norway is no1 in the world for STD of living ,

I think you will both enjoy it,,

and as jesper mentioned, you see the northern lights from there, bt that also means 18 hours of darkness in winter, and the sun never goes down in the summer

• 2 catchy in norway // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM

jepser

I remember now , you have told me that before,

• 3 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Catchy…I think you have told me as well :)

…I don’t know why I wanted you to be living in Christiansand lol

• 4 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM

not true if sports direct news

• 5 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I feel for Jonas, the guy stuck by us when relegated and will never forget that!! Criticise the managers training methods last season and paid the price, I don’t buy this 200 games equals new deal otherwise the player would know

• 6 Graeme // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I refuse to open anything that says “Sports Direct News” – I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them.

• 7 SuperShearer // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:42 AM

@OutToon, did Jonas speak out against the managerial style last season? It seems strange that he would be given no explanation as to why he’s been moved on but then we’re only hearing one side of it. It might well be he’s been told that he’s too far down the pecking order so would be best for him to move on. If that’s the case he may well not want to reveal that. Still, a loyal and dedicated pro, wish there were more like him in the game.

• 8 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Another day of no transfer news, 2 weeks since De Jong was highlighted as top target and we are struggling to get a deal sorted for him!! What do we do when the window is closed? Surely we must identify players and begin talking to clubs in December!!

• 9 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I still can’t believe Strolla Ameobi can get ‘ahead’ of anyone in the pecking order. Miracles do happen!

• 10 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Super shearer

• 11 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM

JP…if it’s any constellation I cannot see Strolla getting a new deal…not this time!

• 12 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM

I can’t believe strolla even gets on the bench or anywhere near the starting XI

• 13 Rainrix // Jan 17, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I remember last season there was a rumour floating around actually started by a north east pundit who i think was bobby moncur, that if jonas was fit he had to start every game, guess thats been rapidly disproven.

• 14 Belfast // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I don’t think Pardew’s going to say, look Jonas you used to be an Important player but now you’re shite lol

Wasn’t worth anywhere near the rumored 50 grand a week he was on like.

• 15 Belfast // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Ameobi will get a new deal, he always does.

• 16 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:11 AM

belfast

he could just say he wasn’t in the future plans and they are looking to younger lads like sammy to kick on.

but as people say, we have only heard jonas’ side but he seems an honest lad.

• 17 Belfast // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I’d be very suprised if Norwich end up buying him tbh
    Unless he gets a new lease of life or something lol

Would he even get a game ahead of Snodgrass and Redmond ? Doubt it myself…

• 18 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I added the links to Jonas saying sessions were easy etc but they are awaiting moderation, can ppl access the links above?

• 19 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Maybe Jonas being given the a new attacking style of play at Norwich will prove some wrong on here, judge him after his loan spell not before

• 20 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Our Toon…seeing as how good we are at making great players crappy I wouldn’t say that’s impossible ;)

• 21 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:23 AM

…but to be honest I do think it’s only down hill for Jonas from here on!

• 22 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I still don’t understand what a kid like Sammy is doing at Newcastle he should be out on loan!

• 23 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Jesper

He is 30 should be at his peak, I will reserve judgement and see how he gets on elsewhere, it is very distasteful with the way we have treated him though!! Percy saying on December 30th that there is no issues with Jonas and that he remains a key first team player, the whole treatment of him has just been shocking

• 24 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:28 AM

jesper- Me neither and thank God for that! lol But you never really know with Pardew’s soft spot towards him. I find it so irritating.

On tomorrows game I really hope Strolla is kept well away and Pardew brings in HBA from the start.

• 25 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Sammy should always get the nod ahead of Obertan in my eyes, Sammy offers more than Obertan ever will, we always wonder why the youngsters never go on to achieve the promise, probably because they are left to rot!!

• 26 Coach // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I would hate to start a debate on the club’s accounts because I cringe every time I read some of the quite incredible posts on the subject.

Out of interest, I had a look at the accounts Transfer Sage linked to. Yes I know, I need to get a life. There was a statement that puzzled me at the time and although I can’t say it makes sense, it may explain the Jonas situation. Note I only say may.

“Under the terms of certain contracts for the signing of players, additional amounts may become payable to other football clubs. The maximum unprovided liability which may arise in respect of these players at 30th June 2012 is £1,833,000 (2011 – £2,231,000). The Directors do not think that it is probable that such sums will be payable on the basis that the qualifying criteria are not expected to be met.”

Jonas and maybe even Pardew would probably not be aware of this, Pardew would just be told not to play him. It’s still a little far fetched in my opinion but if the payment is triggered by 200 games it might make some kind of sense. It would be a very strange clause to have inserted though.

• 27 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM

shola had his short, decent spell this season alreadym probably won’t have much to give now as he isn’t consistent

• 28 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Our Toon – As shocking as it may seem, there really is no room for sentiment in football. It is a business at the end of the day and most fans pay hard earned money to see a team that can be successful. I think Pardew knew like most of us that he wasn’t producing much on the pitch and that his days were numbered. He was limiting our chances with such poor contribution at the top end of the field. Compare him to Gouffran who is not really a proper a winger and you see what I mean.

• 29 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:34 AM

our toon

also sammy got games at the start of the season and looked better than he ever had done, why has he fallen behind obertan who never looks good?

coach

it’s not sad….those accounts are like trophies if you listen to the club, why have a trophy when you can have the best books in the league

• 30 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM

TS- good shout about Sammy, he is miles ahead of the useless Obertan in my eyes. Same about Marveaux but the poor lads can’t get a game :(

I really do wonder how they perform in training. But then again sometimes you have to judge a player by the contribution he makes on the pitch irrespective of how he trains between games.

• 31 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM

JP

It is shocking mate as even football clubs need to have some kind of decorum about them!! The fact that Percy didn’t speak to the lad is shocking, we all know he wasn’t good enough but at least have that conversation with the lad who’s given 5+ years of service and give him an explanation, not drop him and have no dialogue with the lad…..that in my eyes is disgraceful & Percy lovers say he’s a good man manager

• 32 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I firmly believe Obertan is given chances as he was Percy’s choice, the guy wants more of a say on transfers and if Obertan is behind Sammy than Percy’s judgements will come into question

TS

I’ve been saying for a long time Sammy should be ahead of Obertan, at least Sammy attacks the fullback

• 33 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:47 AM

our toon

i thought last year sammy did little, he never really ran at people, he never put in a cross and he didn’t even look bothered but this year he started well and just totally dropped…not a key player but worth it surely as an option over obertan (Also better than swapping left backs when we trailing a game).

JP

Marv got about 8 assists last year, fair enough if people think he isn’t good enough to start but he is worth bringing on ahead of obertan, he is much more likely to create

• 34 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Have just read this good little article which makes me think that a professional DOF would have had been able to sort out at least one equitable deal for any of our transfer targets. However these are not reasonable times at NUFC. Good on Ashley for reversing the trend and getting cut price deals, but there is more to a transfer than money.

• 35 Belfast // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:50 AM

It’s probably more than likely that Percy has been told not to play him to be fair. Because he played him every week even though he was terrible last season.

• 36 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Our Toon – I bet there was more said than what Gutierrez has told the press. Players aren’t allowed to say to the public media what is said at boardroom level. Whether Jonas can’t fathom the reason behind Pardew’s decision-that I am sure must have been explained to him- as Jonas thought he was doing well for the team is another matter. Pardew probably knew his better days were behind him and I am sure something along those lines was said. After all he is a foreigner and given by his poor hold of the English language given by his Norwich interview, maybe he didn’t even understand what was being said to him under that meeting.

• 37 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:54 AM

In my eyes Marv should be the impact sub not HBA, Marv and Sammy should be told go on get us something out of this game if we are losing!!! Haidara coming off the bench is a complete waste, as is HBA, pretty certain instructions to HBA are please do something to get us back into the game, he’s more greedy off the bench

I want Sammy and Marv given a chance from the bench though!!!

• 38 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Obertan was definitely one of Pardews own transfers and highlights two conclusions i) thankfully transfers are by committee, ii) many of the other transfers have adapted their games to Pardews tactics yet Obertan has not shown any improvement.

• 39 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:58 AM

TS – I know and that is what bothers me. I was over the moon when we nicked Sylvain from Liverpool’s grasp. He was the type of creative player we needed and still is. He can find key passes just as well (if not better) than Cabaye, but for some odd reason he never gets on the pitch.

Marveaux can sometimes get lost on the field but no more than Strolla, Cisse and Obertan.

I would really like to see more from the lad as it would be such a shame to waste his talents on the bench. The same can be said of HBA. We can’t expect HBA to make such a defensive contribution in games. That’s like telling Messi for example to track back- it’s stupid and loses the teams shape. HBA needs to be up the field to make the most of his dribbling magic-that’s where he is most dangerous.

• 40 mag // Jan 17, 2014 at 11:59 AM

It’s obvious Pardew doesn’t rate his bench warmers, hence his reluctance to utilise them during the busy Xmas period. So he should be moving them on in this window of opportunity and replace them with some decent squad players.

• 41 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:00 PM

70two

I have been thinking about our negotiations and wonder if they are good long term for the club.

If we demand low fees, low agents fees and lower wages then it works for a while, but once that’s out there clubs and agents may stop bothering with us and take their player somewhere they all get a better deal.

In negotiations it’s key to build good relationships if you are working in those circles longterm (which we are) so makes sense to sometimes pay a little more than we want to keep clubs sweet.

• 42 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:02 PM

JP

Foreign or not I’m pretty certain he has a good understanding of English, he’s spent long enough here to understand what Percy requires as Percy doesn’t speak Spanish or Argentinian to him!!

On December 30th percy told the press that Jonas is a key first team player and that he is going nowhere, does that sound like someone who has sat a player down to tell him he is surplus to requirements? 1 thing is for certain I trust what the players say ahead of anything that Percy JFK or anyone behind the scenes say at our club

Has a Cabaye escape fell to it where again I feel we were lied to, the truth on that will come out in the summer when he leaves, this regime spins story’s and lies every week

What do you make of Jonas saying that senior players were going to confront Percy about training methods back in July, could it be that Jonas and Cabaye were the 2 most vocal hence clearing them out?

• 43 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:03 PM

“given by his poor hold of the English language given by his Norwich interview”

• 44 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:04 PM

jp

i think that on marv, last year the only time cisse looked good and making well timed runs was when he had marv feeding him passes as he thought and acted quickly.

Not saying he should start a lot but he featured in 20 or so games last year in the league, why has he suddenly gone to not even making the bench? We haven’t brought anymore people in, and pardew said himself we is doing the right things in training and he has no problem.

• 45 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Transfer Sage

I was trying to have the same discussion with someone using the Andy Carroll deal as an example of why perhaps clubs will be very sceptical when dealing with us.

• 46 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:06 PM

our toon

just speculation of course, i don’t know enough of what goes on behind closed doors etc so wont comment too much on the situation

what i will say though is that as a manager i would want my senior players coming to me saying i think this is wrong or we could do this better…after all they are the ones following out the plans so they know best how well it works.

i think it’s important for the club captain/senior player to have an important role like that, not just wear the armband for show.

• 47 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:10 PM

70two

I know through work when you do all these daft manager courses they always stress you need to have some give and take, if you go all out to win then people won’t do business in the future.

You can’t be like that all the time, you need to get a good relationship going. Arsenal are the perfect example of forging good relationships and as a result get first choice on a lot of lads….they have a good reputation.

Look at ozil, he went there as he felt wanted as he said man utd didn’t want him as much….imagine what a player thinks when he hears his agent say they want you but not enough to pay the extra 50/100k…..it would certainly make me think twice.

• 48 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Players that can pick a pass in our team, or can see the picture before anyone else Cabaye, HBA, Marv on the odd occasion Anita but the 3 players are our main creators, 1 of em is frozen out of the team and always in Nandos (Marv) another is on the bench (HBA) which leaves Cabaye who starts!! Could it be the Cisse haters on here miss the key fact that players like him need service, heck look at Remy 1 goal in 10, without creative players we will carve open very few opportunities

• 49 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:11 PM

especially given the fact we demands 35 for carroll what will another player think who is better but we wont pay 5mil

• 50 expatmag // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:14 PM

G.Day guys

Been a while since I last posted. Trying to stay away from all the animosity here.

Had a thought about the Jonas situation. Didn’t we have an interest a few months ago in Anthony Pilkington?

If so, with him being English and our lack of wingers and home grown players in general, could it be that as Pilkington os out of favour at Norwich, Jonas could be a sweetner for a deal either this month or in the summer?

• 51 wolfshead@toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM

its bizarre pards gets slagged off for playing jonas one of his favourites every week and now he has been sold because other players are preferred he gets slagged off lol could it be he has hit that age where bumble wants to get him off the books for some cash while he can

• 52 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM

TS

Falcao is the perfect example for what you mention @ 47, he had options in England and Italy, but his owners made the decision that Monaco will be his destination, there was a lot of talk at the time that falcao had no say but didn’t want to go to France!!

• 53 expatmag // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Our Toon
    Agree with your comments regarding Cisse and if we had wingers who could deliver the type of service he was getting during those first 15 games of his career, I am sure he would deliver to a point.

From what I have seen though, he doesn’t seem to be making himself available and whether that is down to a lack of confidence or interest, is ayones guess

• 54 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Lads on this transfer stuff does anyone think when we offer for players most owners think here we go these jokers are at it again, they command high fees for there own players but refuse to spend on other players!!

• 55 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:22 PM

our toon

he will have had say, he wouldn’t have to sign something and could replace his agents…but they can sway him certain ways.

• 56 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Our Toon – “I’m pretty certain he has a good understanding of English, he’s spent long enough here to understand what Percy requires” – maybe that was the reason behind the move lol I never saw an improvement in Jonas. He kept busting a nut for the team but ultimately with no end product game after game, year after year. Now that he is older and his legs are gone what does he really offer?

Players change their minds about their clubs and so do managers change their minds on players. Even if he did say he was a key player in December maybe he’s come to realize that he really is quite replaceable.

At the end of the day no one knows what is going on behind the scenes but jumping to conspiracy theories every now and then is not really being realistic. Maybe there is some truth to that clause in his contract, but don’t you think Gutierrez would no about it?

And about questioning his training methods, I seriously doubt that has anything to do with it as Cabaye is still playing and if he is sold it will because of the big clubs he has attracted.

70TWO- What is quoting me supposed to mean?

TS- Pardew does some weird things every now and again. Like you say-playing Marveaux for 20 odd games last season and not even one so far in this one. Like playing Sammy last year and this year not getting a sniff. Like praising Strolla for another of his typical uninspiring displays in the black and white.

• 57 expatmag // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Falcao went where the money was, tax haven Monaco

• 58 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM

our toon

i know they will all think they try to do the best for themselves but when you see a club demanding top fees for players you will naturally think you will expect them to pay the same.

It’s like me going to buy a car, i won’t pay over the odds especially when they want to give me peanuts for mine

• 59 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Expat mag

Cisse used to make a lot of runs but passes were consistently delayed to him which resulted in him being offside last season, I think he feels A) the ball isn’t going to come when I want it so why make the run
    B) we are so defensively set up I’m feeding of scraps why even bother

Either way if we change from babysitting wingers to priority being attacking other teams then attackers will score more as will the wingers

• 60 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM

jp

the article pardew said he had a future was 30th december though…jonas says he was told mid december to find a new club.

• 61 mag // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM

All the technical players have sussed Pardew is a limited coach, hence the lack of success at any club he has toiled at, that’s why given half a chance they’d be off as anyone who is ambitious would be they want to show their kids their medals etc but they have no chance under Pardew and co!

• 62 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM

our toon

the point on cisse is good i think.

I know a lot of his goal for us were wonder goals, maybe only 3/4 of them were clever runs with a pass found.

But watching his highlights the day he signed a lot of goals were scored from teams attacking , using good wingers and playing well placed balls across the six yard box for him to slot in.

• 63 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:31 PM

A benefit of dealing with Ashley is that the selling club will receive full payment on completion, otherwise the impression is one of being screwed.

The players accept substantial yet comparatively middling deals on the understanding the club is on the up (league & style) and has a huge stadium full of fans, but soon has the rug pulled from under them. Once adapting to the physicality of the PL they are open to sale and are required to fulfill a regimented requirement on the pitch.

Potential buying clubs are quoted seemingly exorbitant prices that many other players have failed to live up to (not just AC). When known for screwing the best deal for players coming in, a buyer is hardly going to feel confident or sympathetic to paying high fees. Unlike retailing to the general public, football is a more enclosed market that requires the development of good relations, at least on the surface and I do not get the impression our DOF is that kind of Joeker.

• 64 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM

JP

Cabaye is only playing because he has no takers at the price being quoted, Arsenal’s joke of an offer was a ploy by us to getting teams into a bidding war, listen to Wenger, he slammed the press as they assumed they knew the full story, then corrected everyone by saying we bid on Friday and Newcastle leaked it on the day of the game (Monday)

Cabaye even said himself, ask JFK what happened, the only thing he has said on the matter, I think it’s quite clear we offered him out to clubs and Arsenals derisory offer reflects that fact

Jonas did exactly what Percy wanted him to do, nothing’s changed mate, look at Sissoko now and even Gouffran, they are Jonas in the making…..wingers with no end product, Gouffran still has his striking instincts and gets in the box which results in goals but Sissoko is as useful as Jonas

• 65 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I know we have had this discussion before, but I can understand money being so important if you don’t have any – but when money is no object anymore why is is still the deciding factor?

…more wants more and it is really one of the nasties trademark of human nature!

• 66 shearer and the duchess // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:34 PM

By jolly Jove. That SD website must just post reports about possible transfers to encourage people to view their website adverts.

I wouldn’t give them the pleasure of my precious time.

I must dash, I’ve got some dog shite to scoop up.

Ashley the obese rotter.

• 67 expatmag // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:35 PM

OUR TOON

Yes, I agree with you to a point but even though we seem to be a team that is set up to play on the break, Cisse has failed to impress with his control and awareness for a long time now and seems to be mre intent on picking up his wages than earning them.

Mind you, the ball hogging of Ben Arfa doesn’t help him either.

• 68 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Jesus H Pinapples!!!

This place had become an accountancy blog!

• 69 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Shane Long has signed for Hull City £5.5m fee and they signed Jelevic the other day for £6.5m!! That’s 2 strikers….meanwhile we struggle to get De Jong on loan

TS

I think back to Cisse goals against villa (cross) Norwich (cross) Swansea (cracking through balls from Cabaye) WBA (cross), Bolton (Cross) I’m sure there’s more but these are just from the top of my head

• 70 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:38 PM

TS – Where did you see Gutierrez saying he was told that mid-December? If that’s the case it certainly is dodgy.

Our Toon – I agree that we have to stop this baby sitting of our wingers like you mention. It disrupts our attacking play. I used to love the KK philosophy of they score 3 we’ll score four or five!

We can’t be as defensive as we are that we keep HBA, without a doubt our most talented player on the bench!

Then some slag him off as greedy in those final 10 minutes when he is ordered to make something out of nothing. It’s not fair on the lad and he deserves to be playing.

I would be absolutely gutted if HBA left us.

• 71 HullMag6 // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Well Hull have signed Jelavic and Long. They should stay up. No signings and we’ll slide downward and how many jump ship in the summer. I’d like to be positive but I can’t see it happening soon.

• 72 expatmag // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM

MARK

Possibly due to the fact every NUFC spporters is trying to figure out why the club doesn’t spend money…..LOL

• 73 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Our toon

We are just too tight to sign players. This is where Ashley gambles too much for my liking.

• 74 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:42 PM

JP

You were commenting about the ability of a foreigner to use the English language, perhaps if you look at the ‘quote’ again you will understand the double standard which you have applied. Whilst I understand and am myself guilty of mistakes in the urgency of writing, I am not comfortable with the view you are espousing.

• 75 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Expat

True enough. I even said so in my last post :D
    However, its tedious reading all thos repeated paragraphs on spending, income, balance sheets, groats, shillings and, if in russia, potatoes!

• 76 expatmag // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:42 PM

If Pardew cant play Ben Arfa in his most useful position which is in the hole, then he might as well sell him because he creating little from the wings even when coming off the bench

• 77 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Expatmag

@ 67!! You highlight the issue by saying we hit teams on the break, Cisse is a poacher, his game isn’t about playing 1-2′s or holding the ball up playing with his back to goal, his game is on the shoulder running onto through balls, crosses etc which makes me wonder why sign him if our intention is to set up to break on teams

This is his worst spell in football for goals return, look at Percy’s career and you will se this is a comment theme, Tevez, Ba, Cisse, now Remy even Shola had a better record under other managers (no prem goal in 2013) a pattern is being created here

• 78 expatmag // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:44 PM

MARK

Wash your mouth, matey. My missus is Russian and a tidy bit of tackle too………………….and she hates potatoes…….LOL

• 79 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:45 PM

jp

he did an interview on bbc newcastle last night, thats the full show but it’s in there.

our toon

Steve bruce quote from a while ago “A club is only as good as it’s strikers”….perfect quote and sums up why they cost so much money.

We need to go out and get a striker to kick on.

• 80 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Predictive text is possibly the best/worst thing ever created

• 81 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Ok

Lets all go along with starting ben arfa for a min (even if you are not keen on the idea). How would you set up??

I would either play him in the hole in a 4411, or as one of three second strikers a la Barcelona. (Goofy remy hba)

• 82 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:46 PM

TS…what interview is that?

• 83 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM

For me there is no clear plan for the club.

WE scout and buy technical players then hire a manager not suited to them, not terrible with them but not suited.

It’s almost like everything is an after thought.

When we bought anita we needed a defender and a forward but we got yet another midfielder, nothing is well thought out, always the cheaper option.

• 84 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Our Toon – I seriously doubt the club would disrupt the whole good feeling of the camp just to raise Cabaye’s price at such a crucial period. That’s another wild assumption I am afraid. Of course the club uses tactics and such to raise prices but on that given moment I seriously doubt that was our intention. I also see Cabaye as a very optimistic and ambitious lad and he often thinks he is better than he is. There is a certain swagger and arrogance in him. I believe it to be all Cabaye’s doing and wanting to play for one of the CL clubs in England. Heck he even said it himself a few times.

He is a great player though and one we’re lucky to have but he is replaceable especially at over 15M.

• 85 HullMag6 // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:48 PM

In June I’m doing a 3 Peaks challenge for charity in less than 48hrs. Anyone like to sponsor me?

All proceed go to the charity, all admin and logistics are supplied by voluntarily/gratis by industrial partners.

The charity is The Railway Children which works with street children all over. If you’d like to sponsor me its

Ed, sorry if this pushes things – any help appreciated.

• 86 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM

TS

We need a hold up forward and I think we both agree taking a punt on Benteke especially now that they have bought Holt in on loan!! £20m offer now + Obertan and if he helps us finish a couple of positions higher then this will pay itself off, also that kind of signing will ensure half price season tickets will go quick :)

• 87 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Expat

Appologies to your good lady. :D

• 88 expatmag // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:52 PM

OUR TOON

Lets look at some other facts here.

Our squad is so unbalanced, it is becoming ridiculous. We only have 1 compotent keeper, no support RB, we have 4 LBs, no compotent wingers, a whole host of central midfielders and a complete lack of compotent strikers other than Remy, who is really better as a wideman.

Our squad is carried by 4 players and the rest are also rans. There seems little interest in solving these problems and we have a coaching team who lack any modern day knowledge on tactics.

As for the strikers you named:

Cisse is not serviced because there are no wingers
    Ba scored plenty until he was moved to the wing and cracked the shits
    Shola has never really been a goakscorer and his role now is limited
    Remy has 10 in 18 although currently appears to be tired.

Gouffran has been the success story but even he is being played out of position.

How the hell e are 8th amazes me

• 89 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:53 PM

JP

No doubt the player wanted to leave but this whole he refused to play stuff is utter rubbish, the lad wanted to leave and we thought we’d be clever and getting a bidding war going…..it failed, don’t forget prior to this happening Percy was banging on about getting at least 2 more players (probably with the money raised fro Cabaye) the longer he stays the more his value decreases, in the summer his deal runs out in 2 years!! As Cabaye has said the truth will come out, this will happen when he leaves in the summer

• 90 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:53 PM

I have absolutely no problem playing Benny on the right in a 4-3-3 if it’s a Dutch version of the formation and not Pardew’s own which looks more like a 4-5-1 when going forward and a 5-4-1 when defending.

I would play Benny as an advanced playmaker and have him cut inside :) and I would have Remy on the left (when he is in form again) as an inside forward – what we have us playing two upfront at times and not isolate our lone striker that much.

But this demands alot of concentration and ficus from our midfield – something they are just not showing at all. Our midfield is all over the place which is why we are having wide-men babysitting our fullbacks and we having our centerbacks calling upon the fullbacks to cover.

Ridiculous really!…solving one problem by creating so many more :(

• 91 expatmag // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:54 PM

MARK

No worries mate. Just hope she doesn’t serve up spuds for dinner again tonight…….ooops……..LOL

• 92 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:56 PM

jesper for manager

• 93 HullMag6 // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Jonas shipped out after speaking out and paving the way for Colo to depart and get their wages off the books. Hope I’m wrong about the 2nd half of the season, I’m not that hopeful.

• 94 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:56 PM

*focus

• 95 hendo // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:56 PM

There is a clause in Jonas’ contract that means if he makes another 2 appearances for NUFC he will be given an automatic contract extension. Hence why he hasn’t featured at all this season. He was subsequently offered to a host of clubs for transfer/loan. He’s been a great servant for NUFC and i’m glad he’s ended up with Hughton at Norwich, where he can hopefully resurrect his career.

• 96 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:56 PM

does anyone know why jonas was in Argentina for so long this season?

• 97 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM

TS…I second that mate ;) lol

• 98 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Expat mag

I look at the Fulham game at home being the game changer for our season and the Chelsea game at home!!

Fulham game we were suffering from low confidence and it took a worldy from HBA to bail Percy out again and get the 3pts when we almost drew with a shocking Fulham team, the following week he won us the game at villa!! Massive points at a stage when confidence was low and on the back of a shocking season

Chelsea at home is the only time I will credit Percy for changing things up, rather than sit back Percy decided to attack Chelsea with a change of formation but more importantly a change of mentality, this has not been followed up in subsequent games but that win got us out of a bad run of defeats!!

• 99 Himanshu Dhingra // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Which player has exceeded your expectations under pardew?

Gouffran. may be?

Swansea – Cabaye – Through Ball – Centre
    Bolton – Ameobi (Sh) – Low Cross – Right
    Stoke – Cabaye – Throught Ball – Centre
    Chelsea – Santon – Ball to feet – Left
    Chelsea – Ameobi – Chest down – Left

• 101 expatmag // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:59 PM

A winger and a striker would freshen up the squad and boost spirits therefore achieving results.

We are still 10 pointa clear of 10th placed Hull and I can see us picking up at least another 7 wins this season to firmly entrench us in 9-10th place but no better than that.

• 102 Phatoon // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:59 PM

That’s only for the “golden period”

• 103 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 12:59 PM

It’s really all about focus and concentration and ultimately knowing what you want!

…I don’t think Pardew knows that (…what he wants that is! :) )

• 104 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:00 PM

70TWO – I know what you were insinuating and I just wanted to make sure. But it is laughable that you call the grammar police on me lol The amount of mistakes I see on here and turn a blind eye is ridiculous. We are here TO TALK FOOTBALL not spelling nor grammar. Next time don’t be a prick and point the finger at me or anyone as we are talking football. Read the context of my words not the way it’s written you TW@T.

If you like I can also say it to you in a few other languages i know, you may also like to investigate these lovely quotes of mine;

Smetti di rompermi i coglioni stronzo!

Deja de partirme las pelotas jilipollas quien coño te a creido que eres. Muy chulo ablando por la red pero si lo encuentrariamo cara a cara no tendrias huevos infrentarte ami majareta!

• 105 Himanshu Dhingra // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:01 PM

From NUFC.com

The price of failure?

Had news that the United squad were jetting off for a mid season break broken in December when results were going their way, then few would have begrudged them the trip.

However, things are now slightly less positive and word that Pardew & Co. are Dubai-bound after West Ham risks a fan backlash if things don’t go our way in E13 and our winless streak extends to five against Big Sham’s XI.

So rather than preparing for an FA Cup Fourth Round tie at some less exotic location (our conquerors Cardiff City are off to Bolton), the Newcastle players – and their golf clubs – will be getting in some “warm weather training.” Nice work if you can get it….

A 0-2 loss at Charlton Athletic in 2001 that preceded a pre-arranged trip to La Manga left Sir Bobby Robson admitting he was embarrassed to be associated with – and would rather just go home to lick his wounds.

His squad promptly responded to their sunshine break – by failing to win any of their next five league games.

And more recently, United flew to Tenerife in the wake of a 2-5 defeat at Fulham in 2012, with Pardew admitting to a lack of mental discipline in his side. They then returned for an FA Cup exit at second tier side Brighton before getting their act together in the Premier League.

In addition to the training pitch work though, part of the mid-season break is to improve spirit by “bonding sessions” – a perfect opportunity to integrate new faces into the group, were we to have any….

• 106 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Jesper

#90 comment is completely correct and also the best way to utilise both HBA and Remy!! The worrying thing is most of us can see this from where we are, what the heck do stone, carver and Percy see?

• 107 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:02 PM

HD…I would probably have to say Shola and Willo…but that doesn’t mean I think they are great – just that they have surprised by a bit this season :)

…but in all fairness we do see great thinks from alot of players from time to time (it is just sporadicly)

• 108 expatmag // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:04 PM

OUR TOON

I don’t know how old you are or if you remember the team of the early 70s but Ben Arfa reminds me so much of a certain Jimmy Smith.

He was a sublimely skilful footballer that won a lot of games on his own but he only did it one in every 10 games.

If HBA wants to be a star, he has to perform more than once a month. I agree he won us the games against Villa and Fulham but he has been at the club 4 years now and other than the second half of the 5th finish season, he has not shown the required level of consistency to match his skills

In my opinion, HBA is too greedy and thinks he is Ronaldo mark 2, which he is not

• 109 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Our Toon…ultimately I think they just perceive football very differently than you and I do.

They go towards this from a completely different angle and from a different point of view! That’s why is will never change as long as they are making the calls!

It’s a clash of cultures my friend!

• 110 Wayayman // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Just on the French tax thing: If you live and work in France, you pay tax on EVERYTHING you earn GLOBALLY.
    So if someone like, say, Beckham, moved to PSG and was paid by them, he’d be liable under French law for 75% of EVERYTHING he earns regardless.

That kind of explains why Becks accountant had the good idea to advise him to have PSG donate his ‘earnings’ to charity for the 6 months he was there.

Not sure Monaco will get drafted into the French tax system in the end, imagine the place would get deserted pretty quickly and the royal family down there wouldn’t have that…

• 111 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Like TS said I need to be taking over this shamble before it’s too late :D lol

• 112 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Phatoon

#99 excellent work mate, jeez I think he can picture all of them goals mate, but it just goes to show you how important service is to forwards, when Cisse joined we were set up as an attacking team, it also coincided with the return of HBA to the first team, just goes to show you how important creative players are for players like Cisse

• 113 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Wayayman…I believe I read somewhere that any team playing in the French ligue will be under French tax-law!

• 114 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Our Toon – I think as Pardew knows Cabaye wants out he does not intend on keeping him here long term, as we only want players that want to stay here and play for NUFC.

Cabaye spoke out and was in the wrong a bit, it was disrespectful. We have forgiven him somewhat but maybe Pardew knows better and that this type of attitude could disrupt the harmony within the squad. I think Pardew is looking at the bigger picture.

Tbh I don’t really care if we sold Cabaye near the end of the summer after the World Cup when his price will sky rocket if he plays well. As long as the money is poured back into improving the team with quality signings.

• 115 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Wayayman

Beckham moved to France before the 75% tax law came into force, it was implemented for this season, also beckham or any other player can over come this by relocating to say London, you only pay 75% tax if you reside in that country!! Plenty of loop holes!! Monaco as a club will be treated differently to Monaco the country/city, the club need the French league and can’t join anywhere else, they will have to pay tax and when that does happen players will jump ship

• 116 wolfshead@toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:13 PM

jp

tut tut please refrain from using the word tw@t unless in connection with ashley then its fine haha ;-)

• 117 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:16 PM

JP

In a squad that has 3 creative players I’m incredibly concerned at Cabaye leaving, in the starting 11 he is the only player who creates or looks to create, the money won’t be invested back into the club this has been proven time and time again!!

To pay tax in a country you must reside in that country for a number of day think in UK it’s around 185 days in a yr (can’t remember off the top of my head)

• 118 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM

JP

I am not commenting about grammar, but what I perceived as a blinkered perspective about foreigners. However, I have broken my own rules and as you say, we are here to talk about NUFC.

Resorting to personal insults is uncalled for and be careful what you wish for.

• 119 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Messi is going to win the world cup on his own this year. Even if the rest of the argies dont turn up. He scored another one of those goals last night wher he beat 47 men.

• 120 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Have you guys seen “Moneyball” or read the book written by Michael Lewis? I know it’s about Baseball but this actually sums up our predicament. Here’s a dialog from the movie:

Peter Brand: There is an epidemic failure within the game to understand what is really happening and this leads people who run major league baseball teams to misjudge their players and mismanage their teams. I apologize.

Billy Beane: Go on.

Peter Brand: Okay, people who run ball clubs, they think in terms of buying players. Your goal shouldn’t be to buy players. Your goal should be to buy wins and in order to buy wins, you need to buy your run. You’re trying to replace Johnny Damon. The Boston Red Sox see Johnny Damon and they see a star who’s worth seven and a half million dollars a year. When I see Johnny Damon, what I see is…is an imperfect understanding of where runs come from. The guy’s got a great glove, he’s a decent league off hitter, he can steal bases. But is he worth the seven and a half million dollars a year the Boston Red Sox are paying him? No! No! Baseball thinking is medieval, they are asking all the wrong questions and if I say it to anybody I’m…I’m ostracized. I’m a rebel, so that’s why I’m…I’m cagey about this with you, that’s why I respect you Mr. Beane and if you want full disclosure, I think it’s a good thing you got Damon off of your payroll. I think it opens up all kinds of interesting possibilities.”

We should be more concerned about buying wins instead of focusing on the value of a player!!! Period!

• 121 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:29 PM

The last paragraph is not from the movie, but my personal point of view :)

• 122 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Krul

Sant
    Mym
    Willo
    Hdra

Anita
    Cabs
    Tiote

Hba
    Remy
    Goofy

Hba wont have to worry about getting back in this team because anita and tiote are there and goofy and remy put in a good shift. The front three should rotate position throughout to keep west ham guessing. I think this is the only way to have a luxury player like hba on the pitch

• 123 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Goofy gets a start because he has been getting goals. Socks needs a rest.

• 124 Himanshu Dhingra // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Captain

Willo was great under CH in CCC. he went backwards under Percy and I give credit to F.Downey.

Shola has been poor and will always be poor in the PL. IMHO

• 125 Mattroge // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Jesper@90, absolutely spot-on, I doff my cap to you sir!

• 126 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Markaccus

I would play Cisse and drop Gouffran, Cisse has 2 goals in last 3 games Gouffran hasn’t scored in last 4 and looks tired, Remy looks better coming from left

• 127 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Markaccus

With three quick footed forwards there should be no problems with linking up defense and attack. Whilst I like to see the occasional swap of position, I do not like to see interchange just for the sake of it. In the WBA game it happened quite a lot and IMO resulted in a lack of attacking impetus.

• 128 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Jesper

Very good movie mate and an interesting take a statistics etc. it didn’t bring success though did it?

• 129 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Our toon

One of cisses goals was a penalty. I would deffo put him on at some point though, and rest goofy. I wouldnt want to leave goofy out altogether, as 4 games without a goal is nowt compared to cisses run. Still out second top scorer this season.

• 130 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:52 PM

70TWO

Yes they should have clearly defined starting positions, and only swap every so often. If say goofy starts central, it will mess with whu heads if he ocasionally pops up wide, with benny suddenly free down the middle.

• 131 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:52 PM

70two- I have nothing against foreigners, tbh I prefer them most of the time as they usually possess better technique on the ball compared to Brits. I was mentioning that their lack of fluent English must be a factor when Pardew or any English speaking coach tells their players what to do. They might not grasp the true meaning of some crucial words while still understanding the phrase.

I remember Pardew saying that all our Frenchies had to be fluent in English by the end of the year, yet we still see even more ‘homegrown’ players struggle to speak properly in an interview. That does not bode well when trying to implement strict tactics in a game.

Gutierrez has been here five years yet his English is still very poor.

Maybe it is not that necessary, what do I know, but that’s the point I was making.

Will you then sign this peace treaty I offer?

As most on here will confirm I seldom argue or call names on anyone :)

PS.. I believe Pardew was right though in that we need to mix in some British talent into the team, Tom Ince would be a good start.

• 132 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Markacuss

Yeah he also came off the bench for that game, he started 1 game in over a month and scored in that game….Remy missed a pen in that same game and his only goal in last 10 games came in that match against 9men!! It was also the last time Gouffran scored

• 133 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Remy is better from wide attacking role, I’d prefer Remy to Gouffran, Gouffran looks mentally tired was at fault for citehs first and also had lapses on a couple of occasions!!

• 134 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Our toon

Granted, but i still would say it is too soon to say cisse is back to form, and goofy and remy have lost theirs. It would be nice to see cisse banging them in every week again though.

• 135 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Markacuss

I’m not saying Cisse is back to form but he has 2 goals in his last 3 games, more importantly he isn’t going to find form sitting on the bench and coming on for 5 mins!! Now he has goals play the guy especially considering come June he will be the only striker left at the club

• 136 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:08 PM

With football being more about the interchange between players the statistics for individuals are not as definitive as in baseball. What is appealing is the idea of having clear player requirements, a list of possible matching targets and closing deals promptly.

JP – I have since realised I perhaps over exaggerated the subject and have no intention of prolonging any disagreement. I value your opinions as a fellow supporter.

• 137 MadisonToon // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

jesper @120

I like the idea of Moneyball and I really enjoyed the movie. However, I think that works far better in baseball than it would ever work in football. Things are much more static in baseball and you can sit down with an enormous printout of numbers and come up with, statistically, the most likely outcomes given a set of players. The problem with football (and the reason why some of us love it so much) is that it is unpredictable. The build-up play, the passing schemes, through balls, everything that happens in a game doesn’t just happen from a dead-ball situation but it happens during the flow of the game. I think it’s a lot harder to try and break the game down into statistics that are as meaningful as Moneyball’s statistics were. Granted, we always talk about getting a ’15-goal/season’ forward or a ’15-assist’ man in so we do think that way to some extent, I just think football is a bit more removed from that mindset – and has to be based on the nature of the game.

Still, an interesting thing to think about – I think it makes perfect sense to think more statistically focused about set pieces, something that we are woeful at. Taking a season’s worth of set piece goals from every team and analyzing how many involved more than one person, where the ball was hit to (6 yd box, pen spot, outside the 18, etc.) and the like would be a very interesting jaunt down football’s statistical side and may give us information about what our best options are for scoring goals from them in the Premier league. Anyway, I’m just babbling now, but those are my thoughts on the statistics in sport debate and how football relates.

• 138 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Our Toon…it was called “sabermetric” their approach towards scouting and analyzing players!

…all I remember on the spot was that Oakland Athletics went on to win 20 consecutive games, an American League record :)

• 139 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Our Toon

If’s, but’s and maybe’s, would Remy have been more likely to track back with Kolarov (despite being on the opposite wing)?

Although Remy does appear to be better coming off the wing, he is supposed to be a Centre Forward and will need to continue improving this side of his game if he stayed at NUFC.

• 140 nufcsg // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Hi all,

I’ll have 2 days in Newcastle on the weekend of 19 April.

In these 2 days, I’ll like to attend a stadium tour and watch the home match against Swansea (a must). I am still thinking of going on Fri & Sat or Sat & Sun due to my concerns below.

1. What is the likelihood of the match being shifted for live tv? When will it be announced?

2. Swansea is in Europa so there’s a chance for the match to be moved. But they are playing Napoli next, so I assume they won’t proceed further.

3. If I’m there on Fri & Sat, I can go for the stadium tour on Fri and match on Sat, if the match is moved, I’m screwed.

4. If Sat and Sun, I can watch the match on either Sat or Sun, but will the stadium tour be available?

I am coming from Singapore and it’s a very rare chance for me to catch the team playing before my eyes. I really really do not want to miss the match.

Please advise. Thanks a lot!

• 141 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:23 PM

I don’t whole heartily agree but I think Pardew is likely to use Shola in a 442 and use Gouffran and Sissoko due to the 10 day ‘break’ before the next game. He could surprise us by also starting Cisse as their CD pair are poor.

previous post: Gutierrez – I Don’t Understand What I Did Wrong At Newcastle