Newcastle Looking To Bring PSG Striker In On Loan

Sports Direct News are reporting today that Newcastle  could be after another French player, and this time the Tyneside club seem to be interested in 18 year-old PSG striker Hervin Ongenda.

Hervin Ongenda.

Hervin Ongenda – PSG 18 year-old striker

There is news in France today that the player needs to get first team games somewhere, and that he would be open  to a loan move in January.

But the player, who was born in Paris, and is of Congo descent,  has made only three appearances for the Paris side, since he joined them last year,  and he made his debut last January in the French Cup against Arras.

His father Felix Ongenda has said this in Le Parisien today:

“Hervin needs playing time,” “Otherwise, I’m sure his morale will drop. At his age, you have to play as much as possible. We have asked the bosses to agree to a loan. We are awaiting their response.”

The Sports Direct News report suggests the player would be interested in a loan move to Newcastle.

But the lad would have very little chance of any first team playing time at Newcastle, with the experienced Papiss Cisse and Shola Ameobi in the queue to replace Loic Remy – if the Frenchman should get injured.

Maybe Sports Direct news has some inside information on this, but on the surface of it, this doesn’t seem to make too much sense to us.

This lad has played for all the French Youth sides from U16 through U21, where he has so far made one appearance – which isn’t too bad considering the 5’7″ right footed youngster is still only 18 years old.

He may be a good youngster to bring into Newcastle permanently,  but he wouldn’t get any playing time at the moment on a loan deal.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• catchy in norway

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:24 AM

jay

I think its a great place to live,

I can not be sure what tromso is like but Im guessing it will be like where I moved to in Norway, quite a small place,
    if it is a small place, and not a big city, the people are quite shy at first, because they think there English is poor, but if you get in with the locals, they accept you ,

kids help ,as you meet there parents at school meetings

I went helping with the ski shooting, and also took the job( no pay) for looking after the gym, my partner took the womens fitness classes ,

im now in the city, and it is a very multi national place, everyone is friendly enough,,

Norway is no1 in the world for STD of living ,

I think you will both enjoy it,,

and as jesper mentioned, you see the northern lights from there, bt that also means 18 hours of darkness in winter, and the sun never goes down in the summer

• catchy in norway

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM

jepser

I remember now , you have told me that before,

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Catchy…I think you have told me as well 🙂

…I don’t know why I wanted you to be living in Christiansand lol

• Transfer Sage

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM

not true if sports direct news

• Our Toon

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I feel for Jonas, the guy stuck by us when relegated and will never forget that!! Criticise the managers training methods last season and paid the price, I don’t buy this 200 games equals new deal otherwise the player would know

• Graeme

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I refuse to open anything that says “Sports Direct News” – I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them.

• SuperShearer

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:42 AM

@OutToon, did Jonas speak out against the managerial style last season? It seems strange that he would be given no explanation as to why he’s been moved on but then we’re only hearing one side of it. It might well be he’s been told that he’s too far down the pecking order so would be best for him to move on. If that’s the case he may well not want to reveal that. Still, a loyal and dedicated pro, wish there were more like him in the game.

• Our Toon

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Another day of no transfer news, 2 weeks since De Jong was highlighted as top target and we are struggling to get a deal sorted for him!! What do we do when the window is closed? Surely we must identify players and begin talking to clubs in December!!

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I still can’t believe Strolla Ameobi can get ‘ahead’ of anyone in the pecking order. Miracles do happen!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM

JP…if it’s any constellation I cannot see Strolla getting a new deal…not this time!

• Our Toon

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM

I can’t believe strolla even gets on the bench or anywhere near the starting XI

• Rainrix

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I remember last season there was a rumour floating around actually started by a north east pundit who i think was bobby moncur, that if jonas was fit he had to start every game, guess thats been rapidly disproven.

• Belfast

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I don’t think Pardew’s going to say, look Jonas you used to be an Important player but now you’re shite lol

Wasn’t worth anywhere near the rumored 50 grand a week he was on like.

• Belfast

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Ameobi will get a new deal, he always does.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:11 AM

belfast

he could just say he wasn’t in the future plans and they are looking to younger lads like sammy to kick on.

but as people say, we have only heard jonas’ side but he seems an honest lad.

• Belfast

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I’d be very suprised if Norwich end up buying him tbh
    Unless he gets a new lease of life or something lol

Would he even get a game ahead of Snodgrass and Redmond ? Doubt it myself…

• Our Toon

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I added the links to Jonas saying sessions were easy etc but they are awaiting moderation, can ppl access the links above?

• Our Toon

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Maybe Jonas being given the a new attacking style of play at Norwich will prove some wrong on here, judge him after his loan spell not before

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Our Toon…seeing as how good we are at making great players crappy I wouldn’t say that’s impossible 😉

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:23 AM

…but to be honest I do think it’s only down hill for Jonas from here on!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I still don’t understand what a kid like Sammy is doing at Newcastle he should be out on loan!

• Our Toon

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Jesper

He is 30 should be at his peak, I will reserve judgement and see how he gets on elsewhere, it is very distasteful with the way we have treated him though!! Percy saying on December 30th that there is no issues with Jonas and that he remains a key first team player, the whole treatment of him has just been shocking

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:28 AM

jesper- Me neither and thank God for that! lol But you never really know with Pardew’s soft spot towards him. I find it so irritating.

On tomorrows game I really hope Strolla is kept well away and Pardew brings in HBA from the start.

• Our Toon

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Sammy should always get the nod ahead of Obertan in my eyes, Sammy offers more than Obertan ever will, we always wonder why the youngsters never go on to achieve the promise, probably because they are left to rot!!

• Coach

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I would hate to start a debate on the club’s accounts because I cringe every time I read some of the quite incredible posts on the subject.

Out of interest, I had a look at the accounts Transfer Sage linked to. Yes I know, I need to get a life. There was a statement that puzzled me at the time and although I can’t say it makes sense, it may explain the Jonas situation. Note I only say may.

“Under the terms of certain contracts for the signing of players, additional amounts may become payable to other football clubs. The maximum unprovided liability which may arise in respect of these players at 30th June 2012 is £1,833,000 (2011 – £2,231,000). The Directors do not think that it is probable that such sums will be payable on the basis that the qualifying criteria are not expected to be met.”

Jonas and maybe even Pardew would probably not be aware of this, Pardew would just be told not to play him. It’s still a little far fetched in my opinion but if the payment is triggered by 200 games it might make some kind of sense. It would be a very strange clause to have inserted though.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM

shola had his short, decent spell this season alreadym probably won’t have much to give now as he isn’t consistent

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Our Toon – As shocking as it may seem, there really is no room for sentiment in football. It is a business at the end of the day and most fans pay hard earned money to see a team that can be successful. I think Pardew knew like most of us that he wasn’t producing much on the pitch and that his days were numbered. He was limiting our chances with such poor contribution at the top end of the field. Compare him to Gouffran who is not really a proper a winger and you see what I mean.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:34 AM

our toon

also sammy got games at the start of the season and looked better than he ever had done, why has he fallen behind obertan who never looks good?

coach

it’s not sad….those accounts are like trophies if you listen to the club, why have a trophy when you can have the best books in the league

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM

TS- good shout about Sammy, he is miles ahead of the useless Obertan in my eyes. Same about Marveaux but the poor lads can’t get a game 🙁

I really do wonder how they perform in training. But then again sometimes you have to judge a player by the contribution he makes on the pitch irrespective of how he trains between games.

• Our Toon

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM

JP

It is shocking mate as even football clubs need to have some kind of decorum about them!! The fact that Percy didn’t speak to the lad is shocking, we all know he wasn’t good enough but at least have that conversation with the lad who’s given 5+ years of service and give him an explanation, not drop him and have no dialogue with the lad…..that in my eyes is disgraceful & Percy lovers say he’s a good man manager

• Our Toon

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I firmly believe Obertan is given chances as he was Percy’s choice, the guy wants more of a say on transfers and if Obertan is behind Sammy than Percy’s judgements will come into question

TS

I’ve been saying for a long time Sammy should be ahead of Obertan, at least Sammy attacks the fullback

• Transfer Sage

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:47 AM

our toon

i thought last year sammy did little, he never really ran at people, he never put in a cross and he didn’t even look bothered but this year he started well and just totally dropped…not a key player but worth it surely as an option over obertan (Also better than swapping left backs when we trailing a game).

JP

Marv got about 8 assists last year, fair enough if people think he isn’t good enough to start but he is worth bringing on ahead of obertan, he is much more likely to create

• 70TWO

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Have just read this good little article which makes me think that a professional DOF would have had been able to sort out at least one equitable deal for any of our transfer targets. However these are not reasonable times at NUFC. Good on Ashley for reversing the trend and getting cut price deals, but there is more to a transfer than money.

• Belfast

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:50 AM

It’s probably more than likely that Percy has been told not to play him to be fair. Because he played him every week even though he was terrible last season.

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Our Toon – I bet there was more said than what Gutierrez has told the press. Players aren’t allowed to say to the public media what is said at boardroom level. Whether Jonas can’t fathom the reason behind Pardew’s decision-that I am sure must have been explained to him- as Jonas thought he was doing well for the team is another matter. Pardew probably knew his better days were behind him and I am sure something along those lines was said. After all he is a foreigner and given by his poor hold of the English language given by his Norwich interview, maybe he didn’t even understand what was being said to him under that meeting.

• Our Toon

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:54 AM

In my eyes Marv should be the impact sub not HBA, Marv and Sammy should be told go on get us something out of this game if we are losing!!! Haidara coming off the bench is a complete waste, as is HBA, pretty certain instructions to HBA are please do something to get us back into the game, he’s more greedy off the bench

I want Sammy and Marv given a chance from the bench though!!!

• 70TWO

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Obertan was definitely one of Pardews own transfers and highlights two conclusions i) thankfully transfers are by committee, ii) many of the other transfers have adapted their games to Pardews tactics yet Obertan has not shown any improvement.

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:58 AM

TS – I know and that is what bothers me. I was over the moon when we nicked Sylvain from Liverpool’s grasp. He was the type of creative player we needed and still is. He can find key passes just as well (if not better) than Cabaye, but for some odd reason he never gets on the pitch.

Marveaux can sometimes get lost on the field but no more than Strolla, Cisse and Obertan.

I would really like to see more from the lad as it would be such a shame to waste his talents on the bench. The same can be said of HBA. We can’t expect HBA to make such a defensive contribution in games. That’s like telling Messi for example to track back- it’s stupid and loses the teams shape. HBA needs to be up the field to make the most of his dribbling magic-that’s where he is most dangerous.

• mag

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:59 AM

It’s obvious Pardew doesn’t rate his bench warmers, hence his reluctance to utilise them during the busy Xmas period. So he should be moving them on in this window of opportunity and replace them with some decent squad players.