The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew Addresses Gutierrez Controversy – He Wanted To Play

2:15 pm, Friday, January 17th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 83 Comments

Alan Pardew has given his press conference for the game tomorrow at Upton Park, and it’s hardly surprising that he was asked about Jonas Gutierrez recent comments that he was frozen out at Newcastle, and that the Argentine is not sure what he did wrong at Newcastle.

jonas gutierrez praying

Jonas Gutierrez - praying at Newcastle

Alan addressed the situation by saying that Jonas wanted to play first team football, and since he will get that at Norwich under his former manager Chris Hughton, he still could have some chance, a small chance –  to make the Argentine squad for the World Cup in Brazil next summer.

This is what Alan said:

“He’s not left – he’s on loan,” “He wasn’t playing first-team football, and he wanted to play.” “I wish him well at Norwich. Chris Hughton knows him very well.”

“He’s been a great player for us, but he wasn’t playing. The World Cup isn’t far away. There’s an opportunity for him to play at Norwich.”

It’s likely the press will try to make a big thing out of this, but in truth it’s simply what happens in football, where for one reason or another a former regular stopped getting games at the club.

In those cases it’s nearly always best that he be shipped out where he can play, especially when that’s what the player wants – and Jonas wasn’t happy to get his wages by simply sitting on the bench at Newcastle, that’s when he made the bench, which wasn’t very often recently.

But we also don’t expect Jonas to return to Newcastle in the summer, and either Norwich will pick him up or some other club will sign him in the summer.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Coaching · Jonas Gutierrez · Newcastle News · Premier League

83 responses so far ↓

• 1 nufcsg // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Hi all,

I’ll have 2 days in Newcastle on the weekend of 19 April.

In these 2 days, I’ll like to attend a stadium tour and watch the home match against Swansea (a must). I am still thinking of going on Fri & Sat or Sat & Sun due to my concerns below.

1. What is the likelihood of the match being shifted for live tv? When will it be announced?

2. Swansea is in Europa so there’s a chance for the match to be moved. But they are playing Napoli next, so I assume they won’t proceed further.

3. If I’m there on Fri & Sat, I can go for the stadium tour on Fri and match on Sat, if the match is moved, I’m screwed.

4. If Sat and Sun, I can watch the match on either Sat or Sun, but will the stadium tour be available?

I am coming from Singapore and it’s a very rare chance for me to catch the team playing before my eyes. I really really do not want to miss the match.

Please advise. Thanks a lot!

• 2 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Markacuss

Remy has 1 goal in 10 games mate, doesn’t belong to us and isn’t scoring!! Cisse isn’t getting confidence warming the bench and certainly won’t be scoring many from there… The pecking order you speak of consists of Shola, Remy and Cisse, Shola has no PL goals in over a year, Remy 1 in 10 but most goals have come from wider position…. Cisse must start as this losing run needs to come to an end and quite frankly we need goals

Krul

Santon/MYM, willo, Saylor/MYM, santon/Haidara
    Tiote, Anita
    HBA, Cabaye, Remy
    Cisse

• 3 nufcsg // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM

From previous post,

Hi all,

I’ll have 2 days in Newcastle on the weekend of 19 April.

Please advise. Thanks a lot!

• 4 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I don’t whole heartily agree but I think Pardew is likely to use Shola in a 442 and use Gouffran and Sissoko due to the 10 day ‘break’ before the next game. He could surprise us by also starting Cisse as their CD pair are poor.

• 5 Rainrix // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Wait jonas’ move is a controversy? Explain that one to me please? ;)

• 6 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:30 PM

For tomorrows game I would line the team up like this:

————————–Krul———————–

M’biwa——–Willo——–Saylor——-Haidara

————————-Tiote———————-

—————Cabaye——Sissoko—————-

Ben Arfa————————————–Remy

————————-Cisse———————-

With a bench of: Gouffran, Sammy, Santon, Anita, Marveaux, Dummett, Elliot.

What do you think lads?

• 7 K T Cat // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:30 PM

I’m a huge Jonas fan – my Newcastle jersey is a Jonas one – and don’t see the big deal here. The guy has never been anything other than transparent and honest and hard working. For all the complaints about him, no one has ever questioned his work ethic or loyalty. I watched his news conference at Norwich and he just wants to play. The last few weeks at Newcastle were the first ones in his life where he wasn’t at least on the bench for his team. At 30, I’m sure he realizes that he doesn’t have much professional soccer left in him and he wants to make the most of what he has left.

Clearly, Chris Hughton likes him and feels comfortable with him, a point Jonas made in the interview, so the move made complete sense.

• 8 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Hi NUFCSG,

Not sure when TV scheduling will be released but probably in Feb!! As for stadium tour it’s something i would try to arrange as soon as possible, I recently had a friend who came from Malaysia but unfortunately could get a tour as some corporate event wasn’t taking place

• 9 sweendog // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Cabella is still on the cards .. I hope ..

• 10 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:33 PM

JP – repost

I have since realised I perhaps over exaggerated the subject and have no intention of prolonging any disagreement. I value your opinions as a fellow supporter.

• 11 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:34 PM

We can use the numbers to prove anything.

Remy has TWO in the last 10.
    THREE in the last 11.
    Cisse has THREE all season. 2 were cup goals, one a close range one.
    Remy and goofy top 2 scorers so far this season. I am not saying Cisse should forever warm the bench, but he should be eased back in.

• 12 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:34 PM

JP

I’d pick a similar team but Wouldn’t play Haidara, defensively poor and can’t cross above shin height!! Haidara Positionally is worse than santon!!

• 13 nufcsg // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Our Toon,

Thanks. I think it’s wiser to confirm on my trip only when the scheduling is out ya. Btw, is there any nice pubs or must-try in Newcastle?

• 14 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Markaccus

How do you ease someone back in? He’s been bench warming for how long now? We are out of cups so when would you play Cisse if not now when others aren’t scoring or contributing?

Must be good for the lads confidence to score against Cardiff and then be benched for following game!! In a team that has lost last 3 prem games changes are needed mate, don’t forget Remy missed a 1 on 1 chance against hart and also missed a free header, we can look at all kind of stats 13 goals in 14 games for Cisse but it’s daft to do so bottom line is we have 0 goals in 3 prem games, playing the usual suspects is what Percy gets slated for!!

• 15 bobby mango // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:41 PM

So people would start without Gouffran, despite his work rate and occasional goals??

WHU won’t be pushovers… Big Sam normally does well against us.

I’d probably play the same team that started against City. Bring HBA on earlier though.

• 16 stan anderson // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Ashley will not sign players as we are just about safe.
    He,s only interest is survival in the PL. nothing else.
    The man is only interest is making money,not winning things,just profit.
    The man is no good as a club owner as he,s not got the ambition that the fans deserve from the man at the top.
    What would the club be without the fans,who put ther faith in this crook and his cronies.
    Sooner the better he sells up and p-sses off somewhere else to make his millions.
    Sir John put this club on the map again and gave us back our pride in the club and our city.He tried to win trophies for us and Fat Freddy to tried but they cocked it up took the millions and ran.
    I just wish this horrible coward of a man would dissapear out of the club for ever.

• 17 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:42 PM

70TWO- Good to hear, no harm done, peace treaty signed :D

Our Toon – Really? You think Santon is better defensively? Sorry but I don’t, and I”ve seen enough of Haidara going forward and crossing to give me the impression he can whip in a teasing ball every now and again. When was the last time we saw that from Santon?

Well that’s my opinion :)

I just think that team, has pace, balance, skill, trickery and will scare opponents. Then we also have players that can make a difference from the bench in Gouffran, Marvaux and Anita.

But it also shows were our weaknesses lie, we need a blooming striker! lol

• 18 nufc 11 // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:44 PM

For me Taylor should play RB he is not a CB time and time again he has proven that didnt cover Dzeko right for city goal last week he never gels right with who ever he plays with in the middle. Yanga isnt a RB so its a no brainer for me swap em around better balance to bk4.

• 19 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Markacuss

How many games has Remy started and how many has Remy started?

More importantly how goals has Remy got from playing as an out and out striker (through the middle)? The answer is 3 goals, spurs, Norwich and Stoke

His other goals have come from wide left!!

• 20 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM

i’d go for

krul
    santon, willo, mbiwa, haidara
    anita, tiote
    hba, cabaye, remy
    cisse

let hba, cabaye and remy move around between each other.

• 21 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Throw him in from the start. He misses 2 or 3 chances. Back to square one with his confidence. This debate could go round and round, because no one is really right or wrong. Risks both ways. I say give him half an hour v west ham, personally.

• 22 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Madison Toon…don’t know if you are about, but I do agree with you about statistics and football. It’s not that straightforward as in baseball, but that was not my point anyway :)

…that said I find the use of “sabermetric”as in “Moneyball” very interesting. My point though was about how we buy players and how we spend our money. We need to buy wins instead of focusing so much on value and sell-on value!

• 23 70TWO // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Our Toon

You are right, Haidarra has less postion sense than Santon, but at least he can go around the outside in attack (whilst defense is their first responsibility.

I would like to see:
    1 – Santon playing RB using good positioning (Kolarov goal again), supplying crosses and getting around the outside.
    2 – Dummett play LB just so we have a largely (in both senses) British (!!!) defense, with Willo & Saylor. However Mbiwa would probably be safer at LB.
    3 – Cabaye & HBA playing in tandem
    4 – Anita instead of Sissoko on the wing as I am sure he can cross better.
    5 – A goal or two …or three!

• 24 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:52 PM

JP

Yes Santon is better defensively than Haidara, Haidara is left footed which is the only area where he is better than santon, Haidaras crossing on his natural left foot is shocking mate, the whip you talk about would be good if the lad could cross above shin height!!

Defensively, experience wise he falls asleep when it comes to playing offside which has cost the team on a couple of occasions already this season!! He has pace which can bail him out!! Santon gets unfair stick on here yet we concede more from the right (Debuchys side than we do anywhere else)

• 25 wolfshead@toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:53 PM

mattroge

you are right to doff your cap to jesper he is a gent if you address him will reply unlike some rude old c**** on here haha :-)

• 26 Ancientcoptic // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:54 PM

I am tempted to write a few paragraphs explaining why (I think) that is wrong, but as I am pushed for time, I will say this… I could not disagree more. (Especially the “positionally” comment)

• 27 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:54 PM

nufc 11- I’ve always wanted to see Saylor play more at RB as I think his style of play is suited perfectly for this role. But if you look closely it was Willo that let the cross come in for City’s first goal. He should have cleared the ball, instead he left go by him assuming it would be cleared by either Saylor or Krul.

Can’t fault Willo though as he was once again solid throughout as he has been all season, it was just that lapse that cost us dearly.

• 28 stan anderson // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Sorry about the grammar and spelling mistakes on my previous offering but i am not as literate as some of the clever shites who come on this blog.

• 29 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Markaccus

Your right we can go round in circles on this debate but I’d choose the player we own over the player on loan, in the long run which one will benefit us? Especially considering we are playing for nothing now

• 30 Transfer Sage // Jan 17, 2014 at 2:58 PM

i don’t think our season is quite over yet…we had a poor start then went on that run and ended up pushing top 4, a similar run again could see us in contention

• 31 Our Toon // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Ancient

I judge based on what I’ve seen from Haidara, the lad came on against Swansea and was caught out numerous times, remember he came on at 1-0 and game ended 3-0, played Shelvey onside

Fast forward to last week, he was less of a threat than Santon in his short stint on the pitch and played Negrado onside as he was day dreaming!! Haidara is rated very highly by fans and I’m confused what this is based on!! Both players around the same age, yet Haidara hasn’t achieved anything in his career, who was his previous club?

• 32 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Our Toon – Hmmm interesting point about Haidara not playing well the offside trap. I must look into that as I have not noticed it myself. About his crossing, yeh it is low but at least he crosses the ball into the area with speed. But tbf Haidara hasn’t played much to be too critical of him. He’s young with plenty of time in his side to improve.

I just think Santon takes his place in the team for granted and we need to mix it up and give Haidara, who looks promising, a chance.

You say most of our goals have come from the right, but really that was before Debuchy came in and when he was still adapting to our league. Now he is by far our best full back.

• 33 JP...from The Rock // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Did I just kill the blog? lol Where y’all gone?

• 34 toonking // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM

is it just me or do any of you think that this summer could well be the time when Ashley is going to leave our club once and for all.

in these last 4 transfer windows their have been some really strange things.

1. the summer one before the start of last season their we were in the Europa league and in with a great chance of building up a team yet we do nothing to improve our squad

2 then in that January window for some strange reason we are panic buying as though he doesn’t want us to go down.

3 lambias walked out this summer and the one who took over from him was the worst choice of them all Kinnear, also we change the stadium name back to st james park, Ashley puts a share into rangers who I think will be promoted back into the SPL this year, the only player we bring in is a loan player.

4. right now we a in a very good position in the PL, we have a very short number of forwards, when it comes to game changers we have real difficulty and as last yea showed, the minute injuries come we are doomed yet we are not looking bothered at all about buying player.

if we don’t buy a single player this January then we will be the first ever top flight club to not have bought a player since the transfer was made into a winter and summer transfer window.

the only thing missing now is the mass exit of players and I get the feeling that is going to happen this summer, then it will be bye bye Ashley and probably a Newcastle team which will start to sink down the divisions.

• 35 Rake // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:21 PM

If Anita doesn’t start I’ll eat my hat…

• 36 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:22 PM

The blog has been a little bit dead lately, but I am hoping a win this weekend will light up the blog again :)

• 37 toonking // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:25 PM

JP
    when bad results happen the blog always gets quieter.

with bad results come the trolls, pardew bashers player bashers negative tactics and so called experts.

• 38 mag // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:31 PM

One goal scored in the last four games doesn’t look too good since Remy has started firing blanks no one else seems capable of chipping in with any goals, Pardew needs the boot!

• 39 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Our toon

I like that last point you made, because it rhymes :D

• 40 Colo-Sus // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:41 PM

My word:

Why do the comments on this blog also confirm to the following

a. An ashley rant (will come to nothing, accept our fate, hes a prick and doesnt care MOVE ON)

b. A transfer rant (this window will be a let down, we are winning games/safe…result no signing)

c. A pardew rant ( hes done ok, better than any manager we have had since sir bobby, why we think getting a spanish or foreign manager will suddnly make us into barcelona mark 2 ill never know DELUDED)

Some on her infuriate me with negativity and constant complaining!

YES, ashley is an total f*ckwit, YES jfk does bot all and steals a living, YES Pardew will make mistakes in some peoples view.

GET ON WITH IT AND SUPPORT THE TEAM, our petty bitching and moaning will never change anything under this regime.

If peaople truly want change there is one way to get it

STOP GOING TO THE GAMES and lining Ashleys wallet.

TALK THE TALK AND WALK THE WALK as they say!

• 41 cyprus // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Wise words @2

• 42 ilovetoon8788 // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Remy might start scoring. If we replace Sissoko with a really proper winger. Sisokko is our poorest performer this season with plenty of games he does a david copperfield.

• 43 MadisonToon // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Jesper, yeah still about a little bit…just in to work so thought I might as well check back to see what’s happening on here :)

I agree that we need to focus more on our current product and less on what it *might* be worth in a few years time. I like the club’s stated policy of purchasing younger players who may or may not make it at this level and aiming for growth and development from them rather than purchasing older experienced players…just that many of our recent purchases have been the opposite.

I also think that part of the sabermetrics plan was to identify what was needed to create the runs and then plug those holes with a person who exactly fit the required billing – something we should be doing better of. Along those lines, we need a player who can score from set pieces and don’t have one…yet we aren’t purchasing anyone who will help us to accomplish that. We need more pace on the wings, yet we aren’t going to get Ince who would help or a different player with that specific attribute. When you see the things our team is lacking it should be clear that we need to find the right players to fit those holes – I just don’t think Pardew/Carr/Kinnear are going about it the right way.

At the end of that, I agree wholeheartedly that we could take a page out of the sabermetrics book and be a bit more thoughtful and intentional about filling our gaps…………well, if we ever are to buy any players that is!

• 44 Mister Tuff // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM

jesper – fear not the blog will pick up again. I find that as we have experienced a run of defeats the pro regime/pro ashley/pro Percy Parsnip brigade always hide – that is apart from a couple of their stalwarts -who talk mostly crap but by God a couple in particular have some endurance and grind everyone else into the ground. Basically just like the yappy dog syndrome -who always wants the last bark.
    A win against the Hammers will seen them re-appear crowing like cockerels, with the usual self congratulatory back slapping rituals taking place, plus the ritual slagging off to those they do not agree with, accompanied by the usual taunts of neggars/bashers etc etc.
    So fear not Jesper – normal service will be resumed shortly.

• 45 lesh // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM

nufcsg…… Given your understandable dilemma, may I suggest you email the Fans Liaison guy at Newcastle United – he’s the club’s PR man and may be sympathetic with regard to the stadium tour being available to you.

I haven’t got his name or email address to hand – CAN ANYONE AMONG YOU LEARNED POSTERS HELP BY POSTING THAT INFORMATION, please?

• 46 catchy in norway // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:05 PM

41ilovetoon8788 // Jan 17, 2014 at 3:52 PM

both sissoko and goofy go missing lots , I’m sure when they switch wings there is a black whole they go into,

goofy offers less and less with every game that goes by now, sissoko is full if running with no end product,

but Percy knows this , or does he ?? hmmmm

• 47 DokToon // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:05 PM

id have said good mornign to all of you earlier, but im still laughing at jesper trying to talk baseball :)

• 48 catchy in norway // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Lesh

the club are not returning emails right now, your better off ringing the ticket office

• 49 DokToon // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:08 PM

mr tuff…

does the rooster in mackemland crow “anycockwilldo” instead of cockadoodledo?

lol

• 50 catchy in norway // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:13 PM

an old woman asks about killing herself with a gun, a guy replies , shoot yourself in the heart , he says just to the right side of your nipple should do

BANG ,

she blew her knee cap off

• 51 jazzyp // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Mister tuff
    I think everyone is getting bored of the same sh@t spouted on here day in day out.Its like logging in to a recycling centre and listening to the same old finances or the same old arguments with doooooooooowwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn sarf or ruddy.
    It gets to the stage where you would sooner boil your own head lol

• 52 lesh // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:24 PM

toonking….. Your thesis has some merit and like you I’m coming to the conclusion that MA is preparing the club for a sale.

No spending on players, recruiting Kinnear to keep the lid on things with his ignorance, and lack of vision or ambiton.
    Ashley’s critics say he’s got no ambition for Newcastle United – they’re probably correct.

If I wanted to sell something which was proving too expensive for potential buyers, then I’d get rid of the bits that a buyer won’t want. In the case of Newcastle United, that translates into some £130m of debt. Get that off the balance sheet and then the club’s selling price is reduced by that much.

So, if I wanted to sell the club, I’d cut spend to a minimum, clear any liabilities from the squad, (players whose value has been depreciated to nothing, cut overheads, take in Prem prize money:and TV money, avoid relegation, take back the £130m I’m owed and bingo, Newcastle United is a marketable business.

So, if that’s what Ashley’s doing, then let’s understand the lack of incoming tranfer buys, be patient and just pray that he sells up to a buyer who without spending money by the squillion, has a realistic ambition to make Newcastle United successful again.

I’ve got my fingers crossed!

• 53 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:27 PM

MadisonToon…good past there mare and I totally agree :)

I would even say if we go about this “sabermetric-wise” we need a goalscoring defender; someone who will get us those 6 goals a season Pardew has been talking so much about!

But seeing as we don’t have the spending powers like Chelski and Citeh and so on I think this applies to us very much so – we need to be very thorough in identifying our targets :)

Senor Tuff…I know they will be back when winnings are starting to pick (could do without a few of them though ;) lol), but we are also missing a few of the good ones!

Speaking of good ones, has anybody seen ppB or Wizard for a while?

• 54 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM

lesh…some of us raised that point just after summer as well ;)

…I think there is alot of merit ti it as you say!

• 55 MadisonToon // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:36 PM

lesh -

Good points. I’d love to think that he’s doing this to make NUFC look better to a potential buyer…because that means eventually he will be out of here!

The other explanation I’ve been able to come up with is that MA drives a hardline on what we can spend and only allows us to spend what we made last season. When we finished 5th there was money to bring players in as that’s quite a pretty penny we got from league position – we didn’t invest much in the summer (foolish, but maybe they thought our squad had it covered?) and then brought in a number of players in January. Now that we finished so low, we didn’t bring in prize money last year (at least not enough to speak of) and we’re paying the price by not being able to spend it. While other clubs are spending what they have yet to earn, we are being more financially responsible by not spending that which we have not earned yet and only spending in relation to how we finished the year before. Certainly doesn’t suit us fans, but if that’s his game then it makes sense that we didn’t get anyone in over the summer and that we’ve had a very quiet January window so far.

Either way, I’ll be happy when the window is over and we have more information which direction the club will be heading in on the transfer front as we will have a better indication of MAs plans by then.

• 56 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I see. There is going to be a bit of a clique here now is there? Where only certain opinions will draw debate, but others will leave you branded as some kind of idiot. What a lovely blog this is.

• 57 lesh // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:37 PM

catchy in norway // ….. Not returning emails, depends on whether they want to even acknowledge a mail that may be seen as critical or abusive or maybe it’s emails are down?\ or may be rank diiscourtesy. I’d hope it’s not the letter.

As far as asking anyone in Singapore to phone the ticket office, don’t you think that might be a little expensive?

I think an email sent to Ian whatshisnane, the liaison/ PR man’s the way to go. So, if you have and could post his email address (Cairan’s got it), I’m sure that’s the best way forward. Christ, a one-off out if hours stadium tour for a fan who’s travelled some 9000 miles for tge experience shouldn’t be too much to ask of a high profile business, should it?

• 58 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Dok… :)

…I thought I was making such a great point on football while using baseball as an example! lol

• 59 Mister Tuff // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM

dok – not bad- reminds me of “The Fat Slags” – you probably have not seen it in the US. Basically a couple of guys from this area started off a comic called Viz a few years ago -made a fortune. A couple of the characters were “The Fat Slags” ( large ladies who would do anything). Worth checking out -just google the fat slags on youtube.

jazzyp – could have done with JFK cocking something up for a laugh – but with him apparently muzzled and only allowed to communicate through the writings of a ghost author -probably no fun from him. Really though on the law of Toon averages no mayhem recently -surely it will change and someone will cock something up.

• 60 DokToon // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:43 PM

mark @ 55,

i resent that and will debate/argue that point, ya idiot :)

• 61 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Markaccus…it has been like that for many years mate ;)

…even Ibiza has been an outcast for picking the fence instead of a side lol

*jokes aside most people on here don’t care which side people are on as long as we are having a good laugh and a nice discussion. I have the best time with people I disagree with (well except for a few posters…)

• 62 89Norcal // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Not sure what Jonas is on about. Before Gouffran or Remy came to the club he was a shoe-in every week. We rarely subbed him out for Marveaux and now he rightfully lost his spot to an equally hard worker who actually produces results going forward.

Still think he had a shot at LB, especially when Santon had that horrible run of form, but apparently that was never an option for the coaching staff.

• 63 Mister Tuff // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:44 PM

nufcsg – the Supporter Liason Officer at the Toon is :-
    Lee Marshall:
    Email:-
    lee.marshall@nufc.co.uk

• 64 DokToon // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:44 PM

what do you call two blondes standing on either side of JFK?

interpreters…

• 65 GeordieTwo // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM

A lot of you have asked me about Pardew’s manliness problems. I am also concerned. His hair is too neat, his shoes too shiny. Does he even own any of our Manly Man products? Probably not. This can only lead to trouble. Does he have any Captain and Toenail on his ipod? I strongly doubt it. Where will this lead you ask? To chaos. Chaos and madness. Mark my words Alan. We’re watching.

• 66 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Senor Tuff…what’s that with J4A being muzzled?

• 67 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Kiss my ar$e dok :D

Jesper

I dont mind a difference of oppinion, thats what debate is about. It jus iritates me when you see a post that, despite how long winded it is, basically says “anyone who does not share my opinion talks $hit”.

• 68 DokToon // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:48 PM

jesper, was a good try :)

in ref to #60, seems to me a few get all bent out of shape when trying to discuss things… and then resort to the child-like, ‘im right youre wrong, my dad can beat up your dad” tantrums… again, i state, most of you are lucky to be so near the club we support.. this blog is one of my main sources for info… and i tend to not post when ppl are off cursing and insulting…

for the good ones, i thank you for helping a yank out :)

• 69 Markaccus // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:49 PM

In comes geordie two, and everything goes purple elephant

• 70 GeordieTwo // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:51 PM

In the game of football (and life) manliness is crucial Alan. Get some decent chest hair man. Get some tats and try a Mohawk (black and white of course). Get some good stompin boots. Howay man. We’re still watching.

• 71 ilovetoon8788 // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:54 PM

@catchy in norway // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:05 PM

i agree with you. goofy doesn’t quite disappear though. atleast he works very hard off the ball. he’s a good grafter.

sissoko on the other hand, i dont even know if he’s on the pitch.

i think this has to do with pardew’s tactics. he can’t bring balance on the pitch. mid table finish with a team like ours is as far as he can go i believe.

his tactical nuance is poor. he needs to play sisoko elsewhere.

• 72 lesh // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM

further to my post 51,

And as the club:s turning in a nice profit without any real income from marketing well, even I could see the club bring a realistic proposition for a potential buyer!

Fingers crossed,

• 73 GeordieTwo // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:56 PM

And get a black leather jacket and a sleeveless white T Alan. Display your chest hair to the Geordie nation in the right colours mate. Don’t pay any attention to Markaccus. I’m completely sane. No really.

• 74 Mister Tuff // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:59 PM

jesper – in view of the fact that JFK (not J4A) appears not to give in person interviews to the press anymore (caused uproar when he did) it is assumed Mr Tubbs has ordered him not to speak/give live interviews.
    He “communicates” now through the match programme notes. Observers, even with slight knowledge of the mans previous verbal utterings realise he is not the author of the notes in the prgrammes.
    Having some knowledge of authorship identification/ linguistic fingerprinting (posted on this subject previously) allows a more accurate assessment to be made that he is definitely not the author. Certain fans categorise this as “piss taking”.

• 75 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Markaccus…and of course it should not be like that mate!

…I hear what you are saying and if I have given the impression otherwise I do apologies.

• 76 GeordieTwo // Jan 17, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Here are my latest thoughts on Cisse. He looks itchy. Is he using that powder I sent him? Anybody can be distracted if they’re itchy. Watch him closely and you’ll see what I mean.

• 77 nufcsg // Jan 17, 2014 at 5:00 PM

guys, thanks loads for the contacts of the liaison officer! certainly do help to save some $$ than calling thru phone. thanks again and hope to see a few of you kind souls during my stay there! i’m getting really excited about the trip!!!

• 78 GeordieTwo // Jan 17, 2014 at 5:03 PM

There appears to be a lot of tension on here today mates. I’m concerned. All of you lean back, take a few deep breaths, and listen to Muskrat Love until you calm down.

• 79 Graeme // Jan 17, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Mr T – JFK is simply a disaster waiting to happen. At some point he will give his minders the slip and no doubt the “Free World” will be given the full benefit of his erudite mind!!

Can he set a new Record for the number of F’s in one sentence? Who would bet against it lol. A legend in his own lunchtime!!

• 80 GeordieTwo // Jan 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Has anyone even bothered to jing the jango yet today? I thought not. What have you people been doing?

• 81 GeordieTwo // Jan 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM

And can we please confine ourselves to serious footy blogging? Well?? Can we?

• 82 Rotonda heights // Jan 17, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Toonking @ 37

Shame the bad results happen so frequently

• 83 lesh // Jan 17, 2014 at 6:38 PM