Newcastle And Manchester City After Top French Youngster

There are reports in France that Newcastle are interested in 17 year-old midfielder Haykeul Chikhaoui, who is currently on the books of Sochaux, and can play as an attacking midfielder or on the wing.

Haykeul Chikhaoui

Haykeul Chikhaoui – Newcastle interested in 17 year-old

Haykeul was born in Marseilles, and is of Tunisian descent and the youngster has been quoted in the French press as saying that both Newcastle and Manchester City are interested in him:

“From what I know, Newcastle United and Manchester City follow me but my agent takes care of all that. I am focused on FC Sochaux and i have recently joined the first team squad and with who I want to play.”

The word on the youngster is that he is one of the best French players of his age playing in France, although he has yet to feature in the Sochaux first team, but he’s only just been promoted to the first team squad.

When he was only five he joined Burel FC, and stayed there until he turned 14, when he joined Sochaux.

His idol is French great Zinedine Zidane, but when asked who is his favorite player currently playing he said it was Hatem Ben Arfa – that’s good news because Hatem doesn’t play for Manchester City. :D.

And of course Newcastle are aways looking to bring in top young players to the club, and it may not be in January, but watch for this lad arriving on Tyneside in the summer.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• dantoon85

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Who????

• ONLINE GUY

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM

BandB

Reading some of your posts on this ere ‘ blog…I would put you in the prem league of posters ..and without doubt, top 3

Read that post regarding your Father ..Heart rendering . We have just been through same with Mother…Liverpool method ..

Mass Genocide ?

Don’t get strung up over Football Lad’s.

There are worse things.

• G

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Me neither?

• jazzyp

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Evening all
    What happened to Dekoke, Thought he was to be our first signing of the window.
    Ruddy-Ive got to give it to you mate.Ya certainly know how to rub people up the wrong way with your wit

• Toon1978

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Jazzy

I read somewhere Dekoke sacked his agent resulting in all progress made in his signing falling flat on its face.

• Ciaran

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Jazzy

I’m not even trying any more, I think it is more my reputation for winding people up rather than what I actually say. One reference to happy pills and apparently I am the worst in the world. Ah such is life.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Ibiza…are you still about? are you tight up in some Golden Lady’s basement? 😉 lol

…haven’t heard from you in a while!

• Belfast

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Don’t call him out he’s like the Candyman. Say Ibiza five times and he turns up.

• toonbrother

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM

if his handlers have his best interests at heart they’d keep him away from newcastle.Gael Bigirimana is an exceptional young player who talent is wasting away under Pardew. Same goes for Remi Streete, Sammy Ameobi and others. The same fate will most surely befall him should he come here. Sorry to say but NUFC does not foster development of youth players the way say ManU or Arsenal do.

• Tsunki

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Nice one, Ted B. Continuing with the same rubbish without qualifying it with a glimpse into your own wisdom, a failed comic whose sense of humour is to post under the guise of a serial killer as he thinks its incredibly hilarious to say its his real name. Might work if you traded sense instead of insults. I’ll leave it there, its like arguing with a balloon.

Wolfshead – Anti-Pards? Moi? You have me mistaken for someone else. I just think he’s not that great. Thats not really Anti-Pards, more we’re kind of stuck with him but we could get better.

See Pards is doing his best to dress up Cabs for the shop window.

• ~Anita One Bites The Dust~

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:35 PM

When was the last time we had a midfielder get double figures? Provided we can keep Cabaye, that might just happen for us this season!

Lad is on cracking form. That free kick… class. I’m still gutted that his rocket of a outswinger free kick (was it against liverpool?) hit the bar.

• Tsunki

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Oh no its him as well what a day I am having.

• jazzyp

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Ruddy
    Cheer up mate I wasn’t being facetious,Just an observation that’s all pal

• Belfast

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:40 PM

F***** hell back in your box. You’re meant to clock off when I clock on.

• Ibizatoon

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Jesper…Just wanted to check what you meant by “basement”? 🙂

Belfast…Can you count to five?

• Ciaran

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Jazzy

Oh I know, I wasn’t giving out. I was giving a counter-observation that I don’t even think it is what I say now that winds people up, rather it’s memories of how I’ve wound people up in the past. As soon as I’ve supposedly wound someone up, Bills is on the case giving it large.

It’s no wonder this blog is a graveyard at times.

• Belfast

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM

F*** sake I told you he would come.

Him and his bloody fence

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM

That was some second goal by Abeid for Panathinaikos NUFC786.

If you lads haven’t seen it yet, check it out;

• Ibizatoon

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM

We’ll take that as a no then…thought as much 😉

• JP...from The Rock

Cabayesc would you say.

• Ibizatoon

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Thanks JP, but know that I’m never gone…hmmm…that sounds a little creepy 🙂

• Belfast

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:51 PM

One Two Three four four and a half…..

• Belfast

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Nine

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM

It is odd that he could not find that form for us. I hope his loan deal is not turned into a permanent one as he has lots of potential, just went missing in games with us. Much like Marveaux at times but we all know the quality Marveaux possesses.

• Ibizatoon

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Well well…that’s pretty good tbh mate.

What a strange day…Newcastle win, reasonably strong links to a promising player, Belfast counting…

• Ciaran

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Anyone else get the feeling that other than a derby game, we’ve got nothing to play for this season other than a 8th/9th tussle with Southampton which means nothing?

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM

haha you’re right Ibiza that does sound creepy jeje. Me too I may sometimes not post but I am always in the background 😉

• Ibizatoon

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM

…and balance has been restored…phew 🙂

JP…Abeid like most players will need a run of games to really see what he’s about. Truth is he wasn’t going to get those games with us, so it’s best he’s out on loan. Hopefully he continues like this and comes back to us ready to really push for a first team spot. He’s still young, so I remain hopeful.

• Charlietoon

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I have a feeling if he asked Hatem would tell him to stay in France. Man C would be hard to recommend after they broke his leg and he cant get a game with us at the moment so…

• Belfast

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Jesus, god help Southampton. I’m sure their fans will really take to Dekka, him being such a great guy and that.

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Ciaran – The season’s not over, just look at liverfool they are starting to lose points finally and now we have the chance to gain some in some very winnable matches coming up. I think it’s all to play for and top 4 is still possible, hard but not impossible, if not Europa 😉

• ONLINE GUY

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Will Hughes please ..has he a pre contract agreement with anyone ?

• Ibizatoon

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM

786…That’s an interesting one…would be a surprise. Great picture of him though.

Ciaran…Had a similar conversation earlier. We’re well positioned which is great, but I doubt how much of a challenge for a EL spot we’re going to make…I’d be delighted to be proved wrong though. We’re not in a bad place, but it’s fairly unexciting.

• jazzyp

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Ibiza
    Evening matey-How long do we loan him for tho bud.He’s never going to play in front of Cabs or tiote or Anita or Sissokho or Cabella if the rumour is to be true .

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I hope we do the same with Sammy Ameobi and Bigirimana. They both have huge potential. Every time I see Raheem Sterling it reminds of what Sammy could be if he had a good run of game consistently. They should go out on loan as they won’t get a sniff under us.

• hazzy

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Looking through some of the comments on previous threads. Why are some people thinking that winning a penalty is an assist?
    HBA has two assists this season that he is credited for neither of which are winning a penalty. That would mean it is possible to assist your own goal if you win the penalty. It would also mean you would be credited for an assist when someone converts a freekick

• Ibizatoon

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:02 PM

JP…Hit us with some enthusiasm!

Charlie…Is there a reason why he would look to HBA for advice on the move in particular over any of our other French players (I think there are one or two more 🙂 )? Overall, most of the players who have joined us have seen their international careers enhance. Even Benny managed to get called back up and he wasn’t anywhere near the French team.