The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle And Manchester City After Top French Youngster

8:00 pm, Saturday, January 18th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 122 Comments

There are reports in France that Newcastle are interested in 17 year-old midfielder Haykeul Chikhaoui, who is currently on the books of Sochaux, and can play as an attacking midfielder or on the wing.

Haykeul Chikhaoui

Haykeul Chikhaoui – Newcastle interested in 17 year-old

Haykeul was born in Marseilles, and is of Tunisian descent and the youngster has been quoted in the French press as saying that both Newcastle and Manchester City are interested in him:

“From what I know, Newcastle United and Manchester City follow me but my agent takes care of all that. I am focused on FC Sochaux and i have recently joined the first team squad and with who I want to play.”

The word on the youngster is that he is one of the best French players of his age playing in France, although he has yet to feature in the Sochaux first team, but he’s only just been promoted to the first team squad.

When he was only five he joined Burel FC, and stayed there until he turned 14, when he joined Sochaux.

His idol is French great Zinedine Zidane, but when asked who is his favorite player currently playing he said it was Hatem Ben Arfa – that’s good news because Hatem doesn’t play for Manchester City. :D.

And of course Newcastle are aways looking to bring in top young players to the club, and it may not be in January, but watch for this lad arriving on Tyneside in the summer.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Newcastle Academy · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

122 responses so far ↓

• 1 dantoon85 // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Who????

• 2 ONLINE GUY // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM

BandB

Reading some of your posts on this ere ‘ blog…I would put you in the prem league of posters ..and without doubt, top 3

Read that post regarding your Father ..Heart rendering . We have just been through same with Mother…Liverpool method ..

Mass Genocide ?

Don’t get strung up over Football Lad’s.

There are worse things.

• 3 G // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Me neither?

• 4 jazzyp // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Evening all
    What happened to Dekoke, Thought he was to be our first signing of the window.
    Ruddy-Ive got to give it to you mate.Ya certainly know how to rub people up the wrong way with your wit

• 5 Toon1978 // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Jazzy

I read somewhere Dekoke sacked his agent resulting in all progress made in his signing falling flat on its face.

• 6 Ciaran // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Jazzy

I’m not even trying any more, I think it is more my reputation for winding people up rather than what I actually say. One reference to happy pills and apparently I am the worst in the world. Ah such is life.

• 7 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Ibiza…are you still about? are you tight up in some Golden Lady’s basement? ;) lol

…haven’t heard from you in a while!

• 8 Belfast // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Don’t call him out he’s like the Candyman. Say Ibiza five times and he turns up.

• 9 toonbrother // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM

if his handlers have his best interests at heart they’d keep him away from newcastle.Gael Bigirimana is an exceptional young player who talent is wasting away under Pardew. Same goes for Remi Streete, Sammy Ameobi and others. The same fate will most surely befall him should he come here. Sorry to say but NUFC does not foster development of youth players the way say ManU or Arsenal do.

• 10 Tsunki // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Nice one, Ted B. Continuing with the same rubbish without qualifying it with a glimpse into your own wisdom, a failed comic whose sense of humour is to post under the guise of a serial killer as he thinks its incredibly hilarious to say its his real name. Might work if you traded sense instead of insults. I’ll leave it there, its like arguing with a balloon.

Wolfshead – Anti-Pards? Moi? You have me mistaken for someone else. I just think he’s not that great. Thats not really Anti-Pards, more we’re kind of stuck with him but we could get better.

See Pards is doing his best to dress up Cabs for the shop window.

• 11 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:35 PM

When was the last time we had a midfielder get double figures? Provided we can keep Cabaye, that might just happen for us this season!

Lad is on cracking form. That free kick… class. I’m still gutted that his rocket of a outswinger free kick (was it against liverpool?) hit the bar.

• 12 Tsunki // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Oh no its him as well what a day I am having.

• 13 jazzyp // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Ruddy
    Cheer up mate I wasn’t being facetious,Just an observation that’s all pal

• 14 Belfast // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:40 PM

F***** hell back in your box. You’re meant to clock off when I clock on.

• 15 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Jesper…Just wanted to check what you meant by “basement”? :)

Belfast…Can you count to five?

• 16 Ciaran // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Jazzy

Oh I know, I wasn’t giving out. I was giving a counter-observation that I don’t even think it is what I say now that winds people up, rather it’s memories of how I’ve wound people up in the past. As soon as I’ve supposedly wound someone up, Bills is on the case giving it large.

It’s no wonder this blog is a graveyard at times.

• 17 Belfast // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM

F*** sake I told you he would come.

Him and his bloody fence

• 18 JP...from The Rock // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM

That was some second goal by Abeid for Panathinaikos NUFC786.

If you lads haven’t seen it yet, check it out;

• 19 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM

We’ll take that as a no then…thought as much ;)

• 20 JP...from The Rock // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:48 PM

hahaha welcome back Ibiza! lol

• 21 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:48 PM

JP…Decent stuff.

• 22 jazzyp // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:50 PM

JP
    Cabayesc would you say.

• 23 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Thanks JP, but know that I’m never gone…hmmm…that sounds a little creepy :)

• 24 Belfast // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:51 PM

One Two Three four four and a half…..

• 25 Belfast // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Nine

• 26 JP...from The Rock // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM

It is odd that he could not find that form for us. I hope his loan deal is not turned into a permanent one as he has lots of potential, just went missing in games with us. Much like Marveaux at times but we all know the quality Marveaux possesses.

• 27 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Well well…that’s pretty good tbh mate.

What a strange day…Newcastle win, reasonably strong links to a promising player, Belfast counting…

• 28 Ciaran // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Anyone else get the feeling that other than a derby game, we’ve got nothing to play for this season other than a 8th/9th tussle with Southampton which means nothing?

• 29 nufc786 // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM

anyone saw this?

• 30 JP...from The Rock // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM

haha you’re right Ibiza that does sound creepy jeje. Me too I may sometimes not post but I am always in the background ;)

• 31 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM

…and balance has been restored…phew :)

JP…Abeid like most players will need a run of games to really see what he’s about. Truth is he wasn’t going to get those games with us, so it’s best he’s out on loan. Hopefully he continues like this and comes back to us ready to really push for a first team spot. He’s still young, so I remain hopeful.

• 32 Charlietoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I have a feeling if he asked Hatem would tell him to stay in France. Man C would be hard to recommend after they broke his leg and he cant get a game with us at the moment so…

• 33 Belfast // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Jesus, god help Southampton. I’m sure their fans will really take to Dekka, him being such a great guy and that.

• 34 JP...from The Rock // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Ciaran – The season’s not over, just look at liverfool they are starting to lose points finally and now we have the chance to gain some in some very winnable matches coming up. I think it’s all to play for and top 4 is still possible, hard but not impossible, if not Europa ;)

• 35 ONLINE GUY // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Will Hughes please ..has he a pre contract agreement with anyone ?

• 36 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM

786…That’s an interesting one…would be a surprise. Great picture of him though.

Ciaran…Had a similar conversation earlier. We’re well positioned which is great, but I doubt how much of a challenge for a EL spot we’re going to make…I’d be delighted to be proved wrong though. We’re not in a bad place, but it’s fairly unexciting.

• 37 jazzyp // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Ibiza
    Evening matey-How long do we loan him for tho bud.He’s never going to play in front of Cabs or tiote or Anita or Sissokho or Cabella if the rumour is to be true .

• 38 JP...from The Rock // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I hope we do the same with Sammy Ameobi and Bigirimana. They both have huge potential. Every time I see Raheem Sterling it reminds of what Sammy could be if he had a good run of game consistently. They should go out on loan as they won’t get a sniff under us.

• 39 hazzy // Jan 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Looking through some of the comments on previous threads. Why are some people thinking that winning a penalty is an assist?
    HBA has two assists this season that he is credited for neither of which are winning a penalty. That would mean it is possible to assist your own goal if you win the penalty. It would also mean you would be credited for an assist when someone converts a freekick

• 40 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:02 PM

JP…Hit us with some enthusiasm!

Charlie…Is there a reason why he would look to HBA for advice on the move in particular over any of our other French players (I think there are one or two more :) )? Overall, most of the players who have joined us have seen their international careers enhance. Even Benny managed to get called back up and he wasn’t anywhere near the French team.

• 41 Ciaran // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:05 PM

JP

Liverpool were playing their bogey team from the past few seasons, if anything they will take a lot of positives from that draw given how they were 2-0 down and being battered. If anything they can count themselves unfortunate not to win that game. They are a vastly superior team to us and we stand no chance of catching up with them.

Manchester United, Everton and Spurs on the other hand could be caught if we brought in a couple of players to immediately inject a bit of competition and depth to our squad. However, our squad as it stands is not good enough to challenge even for 6th/7th never mind 4th/5th

As Ibiza alluded to, I’d be delighted to be proved wrong, but I cannot see it happening and I think 8th is the best we will do this season.

• 42 ONLINE GUY // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Suarez a disgrace. Let’s see how the Liverpool cronies get out of it on MOTD… In cases that are clear on camera the goal/pen should be null and void ..Liverpool have a point, earned by robbery and deceit.

• 43 Belfast // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:06 PM

So where have you been then Ibiza ? Keeping a low profile lately chief ?

• 44 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:07 PM

jazzy…We all know players wont be here forever. The only way to make our business model a successful one is to sell at high prices to keep refreshing the squad. Not a criticism, it’s a smart way to do it without having a rich owner (wait a second)…that’s willing to spend their own money.

Not sure whether Abeid will make it, but having young players with potential out on loan ready to replace one of our current players over the next couple of years is certainly a better prospect than having no replacements waiting.

JP…Not sure how I feel about Sammy. He went out on loan to Boro last season and from most accounts didn’t really do that much. Bigi however I do have high hopes for and he should definitely be getting games somewhere at this stage of his career…imo of course.

• 45 JP...from The Rock // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Ibiza – haha yeh I don’t know so many on here are so gloomy, it’s all rosey from where I am sitting. We’re playing better now, scored more than 2 goals again (against 11 men this time), possibly on the verge of signing a very promising CAM that will create many more scoring chances and Cabaye has said that he’ll be here until the end of the season at least.

If we manage to bring Cabella in plus a forward we’ll be a real threat for top 6, after improving heavily in squad depth and quality overall :)

• 46 Belfast // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I thought It was a dive straight away, very unfair on Villa like, thought they were fantastic

• 47 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Ciaran…It’s unlikely, but never say never!

Belfast…I’m in California, so it’s really just about the time difference. Don’t worry pet, It’ll be business as usual soon enough.

• 48 JP...from The Rock // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Ciaran- tbh I predicted we would finish 8th this season, but I maintain that it all hinges on our transfer business this January window. If we bolster our squad with a couple of quality signings then I am sure we could close the gap with Everton, Spurs and the like.

• 49 Belfast // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:12 PM

I would prefer it if you just stayed there mate tbh :)

• 50 JP...from The Rock // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Lads when does SSN talk about transfers? I only see them showing replays and interviews all day :/

• 51 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM

JP…I agree that there are actually a lot more promising signs from the team and subsequently the manager this season, however, I can’t seem to get that excited by it.

Last time we were here, actually I think we were better placed (the season we finished 5th), there was no effort to try and capitalise on the teams hard work and it’s left me completely deflated with little belief.

I think that’s really Ciarans point. Where is it actually going? Despite talk of building to a better future, for a fair few, they just don’t believe it.

• 52 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Belfast…In that case I may return home sooner :)

• 53 ONLINE GUY // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Ciaran/Ruddy ..Belfast .

Ciaran, don’t think anyone here is going to attempt to prove you wrong ………your always right !

Besides……….. I know that the Irish are impervious to Psychoanalysis

• 54 JP...from The Rock // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Ibiza – I forgot to mention that Scumberland are in the relegation zone…cue evil laugh MUUAAAHHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That’s got put a smile on geordie faces surely! :)

We could even pile more misery on them in a week or two :)

• 55 Ibizatoon // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM

JP….There is that :)

• 56 JP...from The Rock // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM

What I miss from this season though is Cisse’s world class goal scoring. He couldn’t miss even if he tried when we clinched 5th yet this season he’s constantly offside and a shadow of his former self. Hell even Strolla is getting ahead of him ffs, how sad is that!? I don’t think it’s such a good idea to have confidence type players as we’re too much of an inconsistent team to satisfy those type of players. That’s my main concern this season.

• 57 Ciaran // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Online

Valuable contribution. Also, do you think myself and Belfast are the same person? I am pretty sure Belfast would have something to say about that…

JP

Originally I had us to finish 11th this season because I thought West Brom and Swansea would build on the seasons they had last season, and I certainly did not see West Ham imploding in the manner they have done this season. Although had Carroll been fit all season things may have been much different for them.

I am glad to be proved wrong in that sense, as I don’t think we will slip outside the top 10 this season as it stands, but I do think that we could really close the gap between the likes of Spurs, Everton and Man U with a couple of smart signings, so why have these signings not been made?

Why are we not attempting to close the gap?

• 58 JP...from The Rock // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Ciaran – It’s infuriating how long we take to make a possible great transfer happen, only to see it dissolve into nothing before our eyes. If only we would act that little bit faster in the market after identifying good players that will improve the squad, then who knows how high up the table we would be. Anyhow if this imminent Cabella signing is true we have got quality once again. I’ll sing Carr and Kinnear’s praises if we manage to clinch him.

• 59 anthc // Jan 18, 2014 at 9:58 PM

I don’t think sammy is good enough to be honest. Bigi has potential but my view is that if they are good enough why aren’t championship teams busting a gut to get them on loan. I think campbells chances are slim too as he couldn’t even get a game for carlisle. I’m sure their all good lads but I don’t think they will cut it especially if they can’t get in front of obertan! That lad will never be good enough as long as he has a hole in his a**e.

• 60 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Ibiza…did I spell basement wrong? Or where are the golden ladies keeping you locked up? ;)

• 61 Ciaran // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:12 PM

JP

To really improve the squad we would need more than just Cabella though – even if he would represent a good signing.

We need more striking options, we need more depth in defence, we need to improve on our centre halves, we need to overhaul our bench as well as trying to retain what we already have.

If the players whom I think will be leaving the club, actually do leave, we will need a significant amount of first team signings, and I am disappointed that we have not made inroads into preparing for this possible eventuality in this transfer window.

• 62 Jeff from Benwell // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:23 PM

BenArfa Campbell Vuckic
    DeJong Cisse Samii Ameobi

Jonas Obertan Shola Colo all down the road

Jury still out on Amaltifano and Bigirimana

Starting to look good

• 63 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Ruddy…if you cannot finish high enough to qualify for Europe then it doesn’t really matter where you finish as long as you don’t get relegated. – at least as it stands with football today!

• 64 manxpie // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:27 PM

does anyone else think summit has happened between shearer n hanson they ain’t been on together for ages and if hansons on a sat shearers on a sunday and vise versa!??

• 65 AndyNUFC // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Manxpie – the producers probably came to a decision to not have 2 boring farts on a same night.

• 66 manxpie // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:34 PM

ruddy him and a striker for me is wat we need full stop so him and no striker is a failure and the other way round
    and if by the 25th we ain’t got no one then i can’t see us getting anyone tbh
    we NEED a striker and LW simple as that

• 67 Ciaran // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Jesper

That’s what makes the fact that we limped out of the FA Cup so annoying. If we weren’t going to give European qualification a decent crack, why didn’t we go all out for a win against Cardiff? Our PL status is secure so we could have afforded to go hell for leather for a cup run.

After the derby, my interest in this season will dissipate entirely and I shouldn’t be feeling like that.

• 68 manxpie // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:36 PM

lol andy ya could be right haha!

• 69 Ciaran // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Manx

As our squad stands I would agree that Cabella and another striker would greatly improve us – so long as it isn’t Gomis or some other Shola-esque type player.

That should be our bare minimum, but the fact that we’ve went nearly 3 weeks through the window and still no signing is disappointing. I expect someone to come in, but I fear it could be a youngster, or a squad player rather than someone who would immediately improve us.

• 70 manxpie // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:38 PM

ruddy we had a strong team out against cardiff they just didn’t play!

• 71 Ciaran // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Manx

This is where the Pardew critics may have had a point. The likes of Gouffran looked dead on their feet, with better squad rotation we would have had fresher players more capable of a cup run, however, if Ashley had signed more players in the summer Pardew would have had more options to choose from in order to keep the squad fresh.

I’m sure people don’t want my Ashley out conversation this evening so I am going to leave it at that haha

• 72 manxpie // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:42 PM

ruddy i’d be happy with cabella n dejong on permanants this month but would still need serious investment in the summer
    but can’t see it happening tbh

• 73 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Ruddy…I am completely with you mate and to be honest it beats me :(

…alot of things beats me regards to this club! Do you think there are any truth to these Cabella rumors?

• 74 manxpie // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM

nah thats fair enough ruddy but pardew could’ve played more fringe players and got dogs abuse but he played the team most of us were happy with
    they just didn’t play and to be fair he still got dogs abuse lol

• 75 Ciaran // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Jesper

To be honest, I would be gobsmacked if we signed a Ligue 1 player for 12 million quid. He would easily be the most expensive signing Ashley has sanctioned, so no I cannot see it at that price. But just because I cannot see it, does not mean there is no substance behind it. Maybe Ashley sees Cabella being worth 30 million in a few years time and sees him as a smart investment?

We were linked with Gomis for the entire summer window and failed to get him in, so I am not holding my breath on any of our potential deals.

Manx

I agree with needing investment in the summer. Also, if the likes of Colo and Cabs are let go, we would need to replace them. When Shola’s contract expires we would need to replace him too, and I feel we should let Cisse go and replace him as well. As it stands, we would potentially need 4 players to replace the ones that are leaving, as well as another 2/3 to bolster the squad.

I dunno about you, but I cannot see Ashley sanctioning 7 signings…

• 76 Ciaran // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Manx

I’ve laid off Pardew because he is between a rock and a hard place working for Ashley. I don’t feel sorry for him because he comes across so smug and arrogant on camera to the fans, and willingly tries to explain our lack of transfer business on Ashley’s behalf. A much more principled man would have walked out of this job. But he is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn’t.

• 77 89Norcal // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I much look forward to hearing the Joke In Here try and pronounce this guys name.

• 78 manxpie // Jan 18, 2014 at 10:53 PM

ruddy 76 i agree
    but as you know i see more to pardew than others and i think he’s done very well under the cicumstances

and i cant see ashley doing that much business especially with the kind of players we’re set to lose
    cabeye is pretty impossible to replace at our level especially for 5 mill!!

• 79 manxpie // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France 4m
    Montpellier manager Rolland Courbis has announced he hopes another club other than Newcastle tries to sign Remy Cabella. #MHSC #NUFC

Montpellier manager Rolland Courbis also went on to say that Newcastle ‘is not a big club

wat an old cu##t

• 80 Tsunki // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:00 PM

So Cabellas manager hopes someone else comes in for him as Newcastle are ‘not a big club’ :|

• 81 Tsunki // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Wahay Manxpie – fellow twitston trawler!

• 82 Tsunki // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Montpellier are massive mind :)

• 83 toonbrother // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Shearer’s Liverpool arsekissing is cringeworthy. legend or not the man is shameless.

• 84 toonbrother // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Montpeiller always talk sh1t about us and we keep taking their best players

• 85 MUTINYbyLEMONS // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Ciaran

‘A much more principled man would have walked out of this job’

Do you really mean that? That’s possibly one of the stupidest comments I have read in a while. Do you really expect Pardew to walk out from Newcastle United where he has built his own squad and have us fighting for Europe? Okay, so we don’t do transfers like the rich clubs and buy as many as want but that is the sole reason? Any man to walk out of NUFC would be a bloody idiot.

If Pardew was treated so badly at NUFC that you would expect him to walk out, a lot more people including the media would have picked up on it. He would be getting asked every week ‘You are getting treated badly here, any plans of resigning yet?’ The point I am trying to make is the over exaggeration and the vast lengths you take such stuff to that you make such stupid statements really doesn’t serve you very well.

• 86 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Haven’t I heard that one before;)

…we are just a wee club in the north lol

• 87 toonbrother // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:15 PM

oh shut up shearer “they (newcastle) are going to be there and there about mid table”.

• 88 Ancientcoptic // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:16 PM

toonbrother

“oh shut up shearer”

Blasphemy!

• 89 89Norcal // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:16 PM

toonbrother

bit of striker perspective bias on MotD isn’t it. If Suarez is capable of these world class finishes and brilliant one-touch control plays, why cant he skip over an outstretched hand?

That point of view that it’s the keeper’s fault just baffles me, and exposes the inherent problem with the process used to judge a pen in that type of situation.

• 90 Goodfella // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Once again shearer choose to criticize us rather than give us praise.

(Knob)

• 91 89Norcal // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:24 PM

True Geordie cracks me up man, he’s so harsh.

• 92 Big Pappa Cissé // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Jeez lads, lay of Shearer will you :) .

Yes Suarez went down easy but Shearer was right, Guzan didn’t need to come rushing out as Suarez was heading away from goal.

Shearer isn’t the greatest pundit in the world, but is still one of my heroes and the all time PL top scorer ;) .

• 93 Big Pappa Cissé // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:26 PM

If that was the Gallowgate & Guzan challenged Remy like that and nothing was given there would be hell on.

• 94 89Norcal // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:28 PM

BPC
    No doubt we would take the pen but even our fanbase is pretty honest when it comes to bad decisions. Were a few mentioning how Mbiwa was lucky vs City. I was one of them.

• 95 Goodfella // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Shearer is a ledge but why is he scared to praise us

• 96 Shot Bru // Jan 18, 2014 at 11:45 PM

The Montpellier manager is right to be fair…we aren’t a big club..we haven’t won anything for decades…we are purely a stepping stone for the likes of Cabaye, Remy etc….and it’s obvious we don’t look like winning anything in the near future…

Regarding our youth set up…my nephew decided to Join Southampton over the Toon a few years back and he is now the most wanted youngsters in the country….we have dinosaurs in charge of our youth and senior set up…too cautious to give youth players a chance..

.we have nothing to play for the rest of the season…surely this is the time to give them the opportunity and experience before the likes of Cabaye etc bugger off in the summer

• 97 mag // Jan 19, 2014 at 12:07 AM

@96 spot on that’s exactly why Ashley wants Cabella spend €15million to make double when Cabella hits the premier league that’s how Ashley is minted speculate to accumulate works every time for the guy.

• 98 Ciaran // Jan 19, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Mutiny

Your concerns are noted. Perhaps if you tried commenting on a regular basis about the club instead of popping up to criticise others you’d be treated with more credibility and I would take your sage advice rather than discard it.

• 99 jimmysmith // Jan 19, 2014 at 12:11 AM

I know that’s football and that’s life, but losing Cabaye is going to be a great loss, when it occurs.

• 100 GeordieRob // Jan 19, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Shot,

Agreed on the youth setup but it also comes down to the club itself. Pardew got some stick on here for not playing Bigirimana. But in order to play him, he’s got to drop one of either Cabaye, Tiote or Anita. Sissoko can also play CM. So what can he do? Let say he plays a weaker team and we lose – how much stick does he get then?

The club has started to let more of our younger players out on loan and that’s a positive in my view. Games will make them better it doesn’t really matter if it’s in League One or SPL. It’s better than sitting on the bench.

See Campbell below.

• 101 ONLINE GUY // Jan 19, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Ciaran

Bit late with this one mate ..been for a pint, let me know if you read this.

No to Belfast question. I was just addressing our fantastic Irish contingent .. Belfast is one and the same guy… not yersel. Joking how tricky you folks can be to anyone trying to work you out ..I should know.. half the family have a line to County Down and I cant work mesel out . GGG grandfather Fathers side is responsible . Mothers side Jocks and Scandanavian. So I’m kind of from a few places mesel ..57 varieties. iM a Musician so the Blarney manifests itself regularly ..toot toot.

Even Freud found you lot hard going..and I don’t mean Clement.

Totmty.

• 102 SuperShearer // Jan 19, 2014 at 12:53 AM

@jimmysmith spot on sir. Cabs is quality. One of the best midfielders in the league for my money. Makes us tick, great energy on and off the ball, pings passes all around but more than anything keeps the tempo up. We’ll struggle to hold on to him past this season UNLESS he looks at what he’s got and decides he likes being the main man rather than a potential bench warmer at a massive club. Still think he’ll end up at PSG.

• 103 Ciaran // Jan 19, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Online

You’ve a link to the North? I’m from the North myself, County Tyrone born and raised. Well the blarney is a gift, use it wisely! haha

• 104 ONLINE GUY // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Late post

Hatem gets some stick on here.. my take on it is he is not up to match fitness

That extra edge and confidence you can gain from a regular game ..sharpness is just under par ..this makes a difference in the prem

He needs full games to build that up ..ten mins here and there will destroy him and his confidence . Systems and tactics keep him on the bench What a waste.

Its Criminal.

• 105 ONLINE GUY // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Ciaran, howdy

Yes to Ireland … and an uncommon name that made it easier to trace..I seem to recall County Down is part of the south but further north than Belfast ? will have to check that. was / is further to the north west of Belfast from memory .

• 106 ONLINE GUY // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Need to look at a map Ciaran might have that wrong ..hang on ..

• 107 ONLINE GUY // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Most likely Donegal It was north west of Belfast Just looked at map I recall musing it over when we found more details . so there’s yer link.

• 108 Ibizatoon // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Hi Online, having a nice chat mate? :)

• 109 ONLINE GUY // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Ciaran the person with all the print outs of family tree is cousin Ann .. Im going up that way one day to pay homage and drink black stuff. I have never been in that area.

lost touch with one of the finest people I ever met. Billy Hamilton Bass player ..went from band to band in 70’s 80’s ..He lived in Newcastle for a lot of years ..A Native of Belfast. wonder where he got to ..facebook

• 110 ONLINE GUY // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Ibizatoon

Yes just talking away to meself..think I’m loosing it ..I will start to talk shite any second now ..!

Hope you well mate.

• 111 Ibizatoon // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Online….Start? :)

Some of the best conversations I’ve ever had have been with myself…funny that.

All well with me thanks, how about you?

• 112 ONLINE GUY // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Im sure Ciaran sleeps with one side of his body sound asleep the other half is active on here ..he’s laying there typing with his toe’s. dont miss a trick wor Ciaran

• 113 ONLINE GUY // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Yeah ..Started talking Shite when I woke this morning ..transgressed on to here .. To be continued… next episode to be announced.

Great win today Ibiza …your 10/11 hours behind uz ..California ? I understand your on vacation ..as they say over the pond..

• 114 Ibizatoon // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Well I for one shall wait with bated breath for your next installment!

Fantastic win. Didn’t see the game, but good to get back to winning ways and it’s always nice to get one over Allardyce.

Yep, holidaying in California,-8 hours GMT.

• 115 Blofal // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Signing Cabella for 12 million is not like Ashley…

If he does sanction this and also brings in a striker I will be unbelievably happy.

Cabella and Cabaye linking up… suddenly I envision a side where chances are created! Thats if we keep Cabaye.

• 116 ONLINE GUY // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Ibiza

I tell my Dogs everything..Had a great one way rap to the daughters shitzcu..shitz…Shih Tzu..had to dig deep there ..He did’nt say owt

• 117 Ibizatoon // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Blofal…I just don’t see where this £12m comes from unless a player is on his way out now or in the summer for big money.

Plus, after the summer, I’m fairly sure Cabaye will be off sooner rather than later.

Online…What a rude little sh*t….

• 118 ONLINE GUY // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Blofal ..we live in hope ..Ibiza I’m off to catch Moths ..pick mushrooms ..Im off to bed ..catch you guys later . Stay safe over there Ibiza.

• 119 Ciaran // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Online

Sorry pal, was watching an episode of 30 Rock, wasn’t ignoring you! Yeah it’s Donegal that is further North than parts of the North but is indeed in the South.

Have a pint of the black stuff on me when you get there, it’s just so much better over there!

• 120 Ibizatoon // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:49 AM

“Yeah it’s Donegal that is further North than parts of the North but is indeed in the South.”

How very Irish…

Online…Shall do. Enjoy your moth catching and mushroom picking.

• 121 ONLINE GUY // Jan 19, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Ciaran
    Got that. .Half asleep here ..Ibiza is kicking around ..its afternoon in the sunshine state.. nite lad’s and lasses.

• 122 Ben3arfa // Jan 19, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Fresh the Montpelier coach saying “we’re not big enough” when hes coached some of the most average teams over his pathetic career.

previous post: Alan Pardew – Yohan Cabaye A Class Act All Day