The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Montpellier Manager Attacks Newcastle Again

11:26 pm, Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 by Ed Harrison · 81 Comments

The Montpellier manager Rolland Courbis has been talking again, and he is adamant that his 23 year-old midfielder Remy Cabella deserves a better club than Newcastle United, but why these people keep unduly criticizing  other clubs coming in for their players – we have no idea.

rolland courbis

Rolland Courbis – Montpellier manager

But the Montpellier manager would be well advised to tone down his comments about Newcastle United Football club – and show a little more class.

This is what Courbis has said in the French press today:

“I think Newcastle are interested because they will definitely say yes to PSG for the money. But us, we are not stupid.”

“There is already one of us who is over there – Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa – and I wish him all the best.” “I think that Remy deserves something else other than Newcastle. Me, personally, I would not go over there.”

And 70 year-old Montpellier President Louis Nicollin has said he will definitely not sell Cabella this month, although he is likely to let the French midfielder leave in the summer.

Nicollin had this to say to RTL in France today.

“I would prefer that he leaves on July 1, or later,” “Then, and only then, if there are good offers, that will allow us to have a great next season, especially if we are in Ligue 1.”

“There is however no question about it happening now. I have heard everything in the last days. It is all baseless.”

Louis Montpellier severely criticized  the Newcastle club after he had sold his captain Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa to Newcastle last January, and of course the 70 year-old is a very controversial figure and has said inappropriate things many times before in his career.

Louis Nicollin  Montpellier president

Louis Nicollin – President of Montpellier

We wonder if Newcastle can still do a deal for Remy Cabella, with all the animosity that seems to exist against Newcastle with both the President and the manager of Montpellier?

Well we suppose so – because we brought in Mapou last January, and maybe the former Montpellier captain has been talking to Remy positively about the Tyneside club.

What do you think?

Note: There is a special MJK Sports event coming up like we’d like to publicize. On May 9th there will be an evening with Kevin Keegan at the Lancastrian suite in Gateshead. You can get the details about the event and buy your tickers here.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

81 responses so far ↓

• 1 kt97toonarmy // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Good evening all

It seems we r trying to get de jong b4 the norwich game. Ive watched his goals from fc twente he seems to b a bit like cisse but he is alot better at running at defenders. And hes really good in the air. Only 23 too. So from what ive saw im impressed. But im aware that he hasent had a shot on target this season. But the last big scorer who made his reputation in holland was wilfried bony. Who i think is a good complete striker nd swansea r lucky to have him. So i hope hes similar.

• 2 70TWO // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I would love to live on the south coast of France, but when it comes to football, Toon every time.

• 3 Tom4Nufc // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:43 PM

They’re a bunch of jobsworth’s at that club- why put down NUFC? How many clubs come in paying cash up front?! This lot of amateurs need a lesson in ‘business etiquette’ and even JK makes them look bad!

• 4 kt97toonarmy // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:43 PM

• 5 70TWO // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:45 PM

I hope de Jong will be bursting at the seams to score goals, someone had a quote earlier saying that he does not make goals but demands to be fed the ball. That should not be a problem, as Remy has shown and if he succeeds then there is less necessity to pay high for the QPR loanee.

• 6 Toon-Prodigy // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:48 PM

I think what the score is..

These french clubs quite dislike us. We have bought alot of french players, some of them cheap some with loop holes, we are snidey. Now they are being dangled in the premier where their value is increasing.

This leaves a bitter taste innthe mouths of former employers.

But when you are a penny pinching club that only seems to be looking for loop holes in contracts and unhappy players. Or, looking at players that want to be at our club for a couple of years and use us as a stepping stone.

Great for long term stability with money in the bank (that you try your hardest not to spend by the way,) but unfortunetly, not great if you want any kind of success and a team built for the long term to bring you success.

• 7 Harley // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:49 PM

From what little I’ve seen of de Jong he has a far better touch than cisse too.

• 8 70TWO // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:49 PM

If we payed £10M for Cabella now and loaned them Marveaux and Obertan on half wages, they would snap the Joekers hand off.

• 9 Harley // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:50 PM

If it would soften the blow for them we could throw in obertan too?

• 10 kt97toonarmy // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Harley

Believe it or not but obertan is highly thought of in france.

• 11 70TWO // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Toon-Prodigy @6

I would go along with what you say, but then we are also in the much more marketed and greater resourced Premier League and can afford to act brashly. Where as they are more cap in hand.

• 12 kt97toonarmy // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM

• 13 Harley // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:58 PM

K19

Those French can be a strange lot!!

• 14 AaranD // Jan 21, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Luuk De-Jong and either Diego Capel or Salah. Would be a great window for us.
    Cabella and Siem De-Jnng to replace Cabaye in the summer would be brilliant!

• 15 spitfire_ // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Of course you’re not stupid. Just look your boss who said to completely different things within two hours… look his hairstyle… look how you speak for something that don’t understand… Yeah you are not stupid at all.

• 16 spitfire_ // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:01 AM

“to completely ” = “two completely “

• 17 Tom4Nufc // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Toon-Prodigy

I’m not going to lie buddy and I’m sure it’s a controversial view but I don’t mind the current regime! (Well ok… Not JK!!!)

I think that while we haven’t got an owner who is willing to splash 10′s of millions on big players, we are on a stable financial footing with a fantastic squad of players which will comfortably get into the top 10/8 each season- if only we changed the way we put teams out in the cup I’d be even more satisfied!

Mike Ashley is a businessman and I’m sure he has an interest in football but with the TV revenues hitting the BIG TIME next year and onwards we’ve surely got to be considered for a take over bid by either the next Russian/Sheikh who wants to spend millions with no regards for what happens to their money OR a large consortium which want to grow the brand of NUFC across the globe by investing in the club, the squad etc, running us like a business which will take us to the next step.

Due to the sound financial basis we now have, we can be considered by either types of buyers as we are a sound, profitable business which just needs a bit of direction and investment!

Just my views and of course I have my frustrations with the regime although looking at the club before and after Ashley, I’d 10/10 take the club the way it is now- stable, with a good squad and scope to grow and improve organically!

• 18 70TWO // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Tom4Nufc

Which is it that you would prefer, ‘millions of pounds of investment’ or ‘organic growth’?

• 19 Toon-Prodigy // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:12 AM

I havn’t looked in here for a while, but im guessing it’s already been discussed Cabella is Cabayes replacement? Yeah? We only spend when we need to. We have seen the model.

We have only been advertising cabs for the last few windows mind..

Finally, with Cabayes form and Pardew and Ashleys advertising skills which we see twice a year, we may see the cracking little midfielder leave. So? We start the rollercoaster again with another and hope for a profit. Which the chances of doing so is great in this league. With no success with trophys.

This football club is not wanting to win trophys unless it’s purely out of luck. A club looking after itself, making money back so the owner can get his digs in, finishing mid-table is all we aspire to be.

70two.

Some may call it good business, but when ambition is questioned because year on year we see a lack of it.

This club deserves more really. And can afford to be running alot better with a much better 1st team pool of players.

Obviously, just my own opinion.

• 20 Tom4Nufc // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:19 AM

70TWO

My heart say’s I’d love millions of pounds of investment from a Billionaire who has no regard for if they see a monetary return on it apart from us to win something although going with my head I’d say organic growth!

Naturally with finely tuned organic growth there would be more investment in the club and for me we’ve got to be on a sustainable footing! If UEFA are genuinely serious about the fair play rules (and will implement them properly) then this is the best way moving forward.

I also think it would be so much more satisfying if (God forbid) we managed to win something, know we didn’t ‘buy’ our way to a trophy like Chelsea or more recently Man City have done!

What are your thoughts?

• 21 Tom4Nufc // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:20 AM

knowing*

• 22 Toon-Prodigy // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Tom,

Good post fella.

But me personally, I can’t forget the absolute kaos this man has caused over this past 6 years.

Just because we are on an even footing financially. (Because he won’t gamble on ambition, but our future). Many of times.

At the end of it all, we are a football club. And that comes first. Entertaining the Geordie public.

All I really see Mike doing is making the Toon kitty bigger so he dosn’t have to put money in himself and so he can slowly dip into get what he is owed without too much bad reaction.

The gambles are on a yearly basis with regards to the first team squad, sometimes twice a year. To me personally, we are not operating to our maximum at present and are showing very little ambition.

My belief is the reasons for that are which i’v stated above.

• 23 Mister Tuff // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Looks to me, in the absence of other information that Montpellier are waiting until summer (after we sell Cabaye to PSG) in order that they can hike the price up a bit for Cabella.
    This last week I could not understand the reported newslinks involving Montpellier/Cabaye/PSG – could not see the links at all. But with the manager saying “……. yes to PSG for the money” -I now wonder whether this is how these three instances are connected.

• 24 Tom4Nufc // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Toon-Prodigy

I do agree with you, there has been chaos caused by him over the years and with just a bit more investment we can go to the next level although I don’t think Ashley is the right person to do that investment!

I think our next owner needs to be completely and utterly committed to driving us forward and making the most of our vast potential and fantastic loyal fan base… I just hope it’s sooner rather than later as I really hope I’m not saying the same thing 3 years down the line!

• 25 Sgt. Heagerty // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:41 AM

What is up with this club… Who runs this club mike Ashley’s French twin

• 26 Novocastrian66 // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:50 AM

I think this is all sabre rattling to make it appear they’re making an effort to keep the Cabella, when actually he is leaving.

• 27 Toon-Prodigy // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Tom,

This lad ain’t leaving anytime soon. He is getting worldwide exposure on a great level for Sports Direct and free of charge at that. The reason he came.

The lad only knows how to make money, he knows absolutely nothing about football. You only have to look at his appointments for this in his tenure.

He is running us to make money, not for success, which is splitting the fanbase.

This is why we are all deflated and frustrated after every transfer window. How much do we see of this money being pumped back in on an ambitious level? Or is it just to see us hit the heights of mid-table?

He is doing more harm than good.

He will never extend the first team pool with quality to compete with the top six. Only replace any “purples” that leave from our first eleven.

It’s not why he is here. Trophys was never on his agenda. Why? Because we had never won a trophy for along time previous.

Everyone has admitted to this man hurting the club. Even the current manager. Sharper he leaves the better for me.

• 28 Our Toon // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Can I ask those offended by the comments these guys are making as to why they are offended?

MYM left after winning the league, Cabella is leaving them but they feel we are inferior…..look deeply at the root of there arguments, We last won something in the fairs cup!! We aim for a top 10 finish, show no ambition in the transfer market or even attempt to win a cup…..a manager who came out and said he was happy to be out of the EL, Montpellier obviously feel as though this lad should be in the CL or playing for an ambitious club, can any of us blame them? It’s like Cabaye leaving us to join a German club not even in a European competition!! Thoughts!!

• 29 Our Toon // Jan 22, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Mike Ashley will leave in the last year of Percy’s contract!! We have another 7 years!!

• 30 Laurent Robert 32 // Jan 22, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Our Toon – 28.

I agree.

• 31 ilovetoon8788 // Jan 22, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Cabaye will leave us on the last day of the window. Can just feel it in my bones.

But i hope we replace him with Cabella instead of having to hear “we tried but couldn’t get anyone over the line” nonsense.

• 32 ilovetoon8788 // Jan 22, 2014 at 1:22 AM

But even i personally wouldn’t turn down 26 million pounds for Cabaye.

We can use that money for Cabella, Luuk, Tom Ince and 1 more central midfielder.

• 33 Toon-Prodigy // Jan 22, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Our Toon.

My personal opinion and belief is we have a canny reputation in France as being a “snidey” club.

We play games, we waste peoples time, we are over zelous in negotiating wages amd fee’s. We look for loop holes. Have no problems with players going on strike if it means them leaving there club.

Basically, I think the current regime operate with very little class in france. To be honest, I don’t think we could operate any lower.

It’s purely a money making exercise not a footballing one.

I believe french clubs have caught onto this notion and believe we are only using players as to not further and benefit there careers but only to make money from resales. Which I can understand could hurt a players career if he falls on his face and does not make the grade in this league.

The better club and surrounding players, the best possible chance you have at succeeding in the Premier.

I also think there is alot of jelousy and hatred involved if we have sent graham over on a scouting mission to look for loop holes in french players contracts and to talk to his in the knows.

There is no doubt in my mind. These clubs think NUFC are the worst.

Just look at Blanc’s disrespect that’s been ongoing for a while in regards to Cabaye. It’s not NUFC he dosn’t like it’s Ashley and the regime.

• 34 Toon-Prodigy // Jan 22, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Bedtime for me folks.

Goodnite.

• 35 Our Toon // Jan 22, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Toon Prodigy

I completely agree with you mate

• 36 Sav // Jan 22, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Luke de Jong has a good big neck like Jack Charlton and Duncan Ferguson for heading. Could be decent. Courbis and Nicollin have big necks, too. Montpellier is just a middling rugby town. Maybe if we paid for Cabella in pies, Nicollin would relent. His boy is Vice President. And to think I thought the Halls and Shepherds were bad…Mashley haters, careful what you wish for.

• 37 ilovetoon8788 // Jan 22, 2014 at 2:03 AM

@Toon-Prodigy // Jan 22, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Very well written post. Completely agree with whatever you said. Spot on.

• 38 Sav // Jan 22, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Prodigy and Pur Toon – you don’t suppose having 5 France internationals playing regularly in the same side at the upper end of the prem might have changed that view? Our business crew may be slippery but Carr can spot a player and Pardew is moulding a decent team around his French core of players.
    Blanc and Nicollin were ever arrogant. Don’t kid yourelf we made them that way.

• 39 Sav // Jan 22, 2014 at 2:10 AM

The notion that exchanging Cabaye for 4 mediochre players is not necessarily smart given that, last time I checked, you can still only field 11 at any one time. You are in a Mashley mindset if you think that one for 4 is always good business. Exceptional players are, well….exceptional.

• 40 lesh // Jan 22, 2014 at 2:14 AM

So, we’re not getting Cabella after all the false dawns. One can only speculate about the agreement that Nicollin referred to and there’s a strong possibility that it’s been something along the lines of ‘Keep Kinnear as fat away as possible otherwise……..’.

Kinnear, judge him by his signings? I wouldn’t send him to the shop for a bag a tetties – he’s been a complete waste of space so far and if he had any decency about him, he’d resign, smartish.

As far a MYM putting in a good word, how can er expect him to do that when he rarely gets a game?

Hey f-%&g ho.=(

• 41 Toon-Prodigy // Jan 22, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Sav,

Decent point.

The french are known to be petulant, arrogant. I don’t doubt that for a second. There is more to it than that though, atleast in my mind. They don’t like us with the way we operate.

This regimes ways are renowned though, and it has to be said, not just in France either. We have seen it many of times over the past six years. Just look at Joe’s work in the summer in regards to Bent and what not.

Or our own dealings with our own players contracts and wages.

We broke even a while ago yet we still see the same gambles window upon window after good revenue in TV money, the same cost cutting filling the kitty time after time. All hiding behind “the player has to be right”. “At the right price”. Bollocks.

We are purely working on a money making agenda, the football, ambition and success comes second.

We all know all our players are for sale and we advertise them regularly each window. How many managers in the Premier do you see as petrified as Pardew at losing players? It’s pathetic.

We can afford to keep them and give them the football they crave with a little hope and ambition.

Im nodding off lads. Catch up soon.

• 42 RonVanDam // Jan 22, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Nice post @ 27 TP

After reading paragraph “My biggest fear is that he has actually sussed how to run us as a mediocre mid-table club because then we have years and years of this rubbish until he recieves what is owed to him.”

Thought that struck me was we could turn into the next Aston Villa

• 43 jimmysmith // Jan 22, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Problem is, if he did establish us as an upper mid table club, he’d have done better than anyone had consistently done, well, ever.

It’s not the success that makes Newcastle special, clearly. It’s the immense and passionate fan base. Born black and white, live black and white, die black and white. What choice have you got.

He’s got us by the nuts, and he knows it.

• 44 jimmysmith // Jan 22, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Relatively speaking, I suppose Courbus saying Cabella or Mbiwa deserve a better club than Newcastle, would be the equivalent of Pardew saying that Cabs deserves a bigger club than, say, Real Madrid.

What an ass!

• 45 terencelim // Jan 22, 2014 at 3:56 AM

@Toon-Prodigy Spot on.

• 46 Ben3arfa // Jan 22, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Cabella seems very unlikely now . what a shame

• 47 lesh // Jan 22, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Toon-Prodigy @27, 41 etc…… Of course Ashley’s using tyr club as a vehicle for SD marketing and yes, he has no ambition for it other than to avoid relegation, finish the season as high as possible while spending as little as possible doing so. And, recover the debt that’s in the club’s accounts. All this with no real income from marketing activities.

His main incentive in operating the business that way is to make the club a realistic and attractive proposition to a cash buyer who will see a lower asking price than had Ashley’s debt not been repaid or substantially reduced. A buyer will also great marketing opportunities in Newcastle United and thus greatly
    increased revenue from it.

He clearly wants rid of the club and we should all be patient in the meantime.

• 48 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 22, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Prodigy…I hear what you are saying, but the French clubs does the exact thing to lesser leagues and so does the Dutch league ;)

.,.look at players like Hazard and Eriksen

• 49 HullMag6 // Jan 22, 2014 at 6:56 AM

They’re kicking off because they want their fans to still respect them so they’re saving face ny being aggressively arrogant (stereotypically).

I wouldnt be surprised if a deal is done or we’ve walked away either way. Our cash upfront policy is hard to resist.

We’ll see what comes out in the wash

• 50 Roger // Jan 22, 2014 at 7:23 AM

And the answer is:

This man is an ashhole… not more

• 51 Ben3arfa // Jan 22, 2014 at 7:27 AM

L’Equipe: Newcastle United have given up trying to sign Remy Cabella this month.

• 52 Transfer Sage // Jan 22, 2014 at 7:28 AM

He spouted the same sort of thing about us and his club captain still joined, I doubt this man’s rants will put off his player joining us.

Even if it’s a bit like cabaye using us to get a move to a bigger club. As long as he gives 100% for us I have no problem with players doing that.

• 53 theartfuldodger // Jan 22, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Lets keep the Zouma and Salah rumours aside.
    I feel Cabella isnt happening this winter unless cabaye leaves.

So were gonna spend Transfer Deadline Day looking at a de jong loan and a cabaye transfer. Too much excitement to handle.

• 54 Ben3arfa // Jan 22, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Piss off Joe Kinnear you pathetic old man why doesnt he just get the f out of our club .

• 55 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 22, 2014 at 7:36 AM

I don’t think the Cabella deal and Cabaye deal are related!

…we are not holding up the deal :)

• 56 Transfer Sage // Jan 22, 2014 at 7:39 AM

My fear with cabella is that if we let them put it off until the end of the season he might get better offers like PEA did.

• 57 Transfer Sage // Jan 22, 2014 at 7:42 AM

not that i thought we had much chance with PEA, just by waiting we went from a 5% chance to 0%

• 58 Slank // Jan 22, 2014 at 7:50 AM

TS @ 55

I’m sure there would be weasly words in the contract to prevent the football equivalent of Gazumping.

• 59 Transfer Sage // Jan 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM

slank

Sorry I don’t follow….(think i’m being a bit dumb here).

Is there a deal in place then? I just thought nothing was agreed yet.

• 60 Transfer Sage // Jan 22, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Just a thought…

with cabaye pretty much being off by the summer at the latest, wouldn’t it be quite funny if during a post match interview he just came out and said Mike Ashley needs to get his wallet out.

• 61 Slank // Jan 22, 2014 at 7:59 AM

I see that there are rumours that Lescot may be on the move (but surely not to West Ham who surely need him and others though)

There aren’t many experienced senior English centre halfs around which has surprised me that West Ham appear the only club sniffing around.

He would be a good replacement for Colo.

• 62 catchy in norway // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:05 AM

the sad fact is , it is very possible that come the summer , if we don’t get cabella in now, we are loosing 3 very good attacking players

not not shola

cabaye
    HBA
    marv

very sad

• 63 Slank // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:07 AM

TS @ 58

I would imagine that there would be some kind of prenuptial agreement between the clubs that would prevent another club moving in for him or some weasly words that compensate us for any treachery although on the basis of the grass is always greener elsewhere and quite a few of the French national side are already happily ensconced on Tyneside I personally don’t see any problems. Should also say that money talks and we hold all the cards.

• 64 Slank // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:10 AM

Catchy

I think losing Marveaux will not be a great loss as he hasn’t featured this season.

• 65 Transfer Sage // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:11 AM

slank

Guess it depends if we get that agreement in place.

They may not agree anything now hoping that he is worth more in the summer when others might also want him.

• 66 catchy in norway // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I hear that

but, I bet if something happens to a few of our players (injury wise) he sharp be back in contention

and regardless , right now he is ours and is an option , a good option in my book

• 67 Ben3arfa // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Just offer Montpellier 12 million and Marveaux, is it that bloody hard Kinnear?

• 68 Transfer Sage // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:18 AM

We do need to get some business done.

I presume as we ran last season at a very small profit, and this season we get an extra 20-30 mil we should be able to buy 3/4 players come the summer and still be turning a profit? So no excuse not to spend.

And maybe if that’s the case, we sell cabaye for 25mil or so we should spend that full amount on either a top midfielder or a top striker? buy as high a level and quality as possible.

• 69 catchy in norway // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM

TS

he will be on a lot of clubs radars right now, hoping this does get put off until the summer

I think there will be a lot of clubs in stronger positions than us I.e Europe league CL , bigger cities mainly London in the uk , then there will be salaries to consider ,

if we don’t get some deal done in jan , we will not get him

• 70 banjax // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Looks like its PSG for Cabaye in the summer which funds the our purchase of Remy from Montpellier. As far as their Chairman and Manager are concerned, they’re as mad as a bag of frogs !

• 71 catchy in norway // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:23 AM

TS

agreed

buy top quality

• 72 Slank // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:23 AM

TS

And the French call us Perfidious Albion.

Kettle and pot calling me thinks.

• 73 Slank // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:27 AM

TS @ 67

I think the money is there. The club must be self financing by now if not then by the end of the season when the Sky money swells the coffers.

• 74 Transfer Sage // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:28 AM

catchy

I think it’s safe to say that now we have a very good 11, then maybe 5/6 others who are ok squad players/cover.

So what we need to do now is go and buy genuine quality, we don’t need fillers anymore, we need quality.

• 75 Transfer Sage // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:30 AM

slank

well im sure they claimed we broke even last year so surely with the extra 20/30mil we should have enough money to go out and buy.

My big tip for the summer is messi to man city, lot of work going on for that deal. See how he react to the city fans/players when they play in the champions league.

• 76 catchy in norway // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:33 AM

TS

I could not agree more,

get the final third of the pitch sorted with proven wingers, and a more robust CF that can lead the line, and score goals

• 77 Transfer Sage // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:35 AM

catchy

Yeh, that’s what we need. Then we can see once and for all if pardew can bring consistent attacking football to the team when he has every tool he needs, there would be no excuses one way or another.

• 78 Jail for Ashley // Jan 22, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Reading through this mornings posts I think that Tom 4 nufc is being a little naive thinking that this apparent financial stability is setting us up for a sale, to realise Toon prodigies fears Mikey has indeed sussed how to turn a profit at a football club which will only increase with a few more player sales and that extra Tv money, like myself and Our Toon have said though, good ol Mikey is here till Pardews contract is up, even that investment in youth academy is a gamble in his interests it only takes one AC or there abouts and he’s quids in again, and for those that like to sneer at City and Chelsea if their owners up and leave, wait till this spiteful lunatic has all his money back in seven years.

• 79 Goodfella // Jan 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM

They look like a couple of football hooligans!

• 80 south coast toon // Jan 22, 2014 at 9:58 AM

calm down on here, we are playin better footy, we are 8th one point behind man utd, everton are only above us as they have lukcoo, we have put in some good displays against the teams above us and matched them, we cannot go out and buy a cl side overnight at 30mil a player and 140 k a week wages if we didnt qualify we would be in the shit, cabye is no mata or hassard at anything above 15mil we should sale, this is the player who refused to play at the beggining of the year and only did so to save his place in the french squad, in another job 60 or 70 yrs ago he would of been shot,i think we are headed in the right direction, lets leave it till the end of the window to see whats going on transfere wise.we have no cup games left we can get by with another striker and an attacking midfield player or winger,
    and lets stop pretending cabeye is so good he just dosent score enough, and he wants to leave, we have no choice but to sale this summer end of, its not the clubs fault, we waited sinse 66 for a cup whats another 2 or 3 yrs
    i think we should be after mata, lucakoo, bentekee
    infact sale cabye for 26mil lol and offer chelsea 26mil for lukarcoo, or find a swarez for 15mil,
    its not like we can buy ozil for 40 mil

• 81 Jeff from Benwell // Jan 22, 2014 at 11:22 AM

If you read this from exactly one year ago.
    I think we can safely say Remy Cabella is our player.
    Also interesting to read Fergie’s comments one year on.
    History does have a habit of biting gobshites in the ass

previous post: Newcastle Target Will Reject Move To Tyneside