Coloccini Could Miss Next Four Games

Alan Pardew has given an update on Fab Coloccini’s knee injury, and while we already knew that he would not make the Sunderland game a week on Saturday, he may be out longer than we thought.

fabricio coloccini west ham modibo

Fab Coloccini – in action against West Ham earlier in season

From Abu Dhabi today, Alan Pardew has given an update on Colo’s injury status:

“I think Coloccini will return to training, maybe in the Sunderland week, but he certainly won’t play against Sunderland.”  “Maybe the week after, or possibly the week after that.” “It is frustrating for Colo, he is desperate to play.”

The Sunderland game is a week on Saturday, so it would be good news if the Argentine can return to training sometime before then.

Colo has a MCL Knee Ligament Injury and on_Physioroom.com he’s due to return back to training on February 12th, so the captain will probably also miss the game at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea, before hopefully returning at home to Tottenham – which is on Wednesday February 12th.

The game after that is on February 23rd against Aston Villa, so if there are any doubts at all about the knee, the Newcastle medics could leave it until that game, just to make sure, and he should certainly be fit by then.

If that happens Colo will miss the next four league games.

And we’ve had very few injuries this season, and apart from the long term knee injury to Ryan Taylor, the only other injured player in the squad is 20 year-old Gael Bigirimana, who is out until late February with an ankle injury.

Faye Downey seems to have had a huge impact this season, that’s for sure.

Note: There is a special MJK Sports event coming up like we’d like to publicize. On May 9th there will be an evening with Kevin Keegan at the Lancastrian suite in Gateshead. You can get the details about the event and buy your tickers here.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• jimmysmith

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM

The man’s a prince!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Dok…You should just have asked her ” Why do Man U fans suck at geometry?”

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Answer: ” Because they never have any points” 😀

• DokToon

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:37 PM

i saw her about 4 months later, was in the local drinking with some friends, and she came up to say hello, and one thing led to another and she staed that its too bad i was so shallow… i was in my cups, and told her, ” i faked it every time”…

the bartender bought me a drink for that one…

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:38 PM

valle…I cannot stand Spurs either 😉

• DokToon

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:39 PM

haha jesper, ill remember that for the next plastic i encounter

• Ketsbaia9

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:41 PM

We’re going to have to splash out on Kurt Zouma now. Desperately need a centre back with Yanga Mbiwa being the only competent player at the moment.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Taylor or MYM as a CB? for the next game.

• jimmysmith

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Yeah, whatever, West Ham are pants, we’re just dogged by the very misfortune that betrays an honest heart.

• wolfshead@toon

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:50 PM

valle

that was a nice piece relieved the boredom too lunch now i think

• DokToon

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:54 PM

mata to manure for 65m? reeks of desparation

• Ancientcoptic

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I rate Colo very highly, I think he is a class act as a defender, but these niggling injuries are not going to go away.

There are other players that are contributing much more than Colo, who is our highest earner.

I think it would be best for the club if he moved on, with a very big thank you for his service.

Lescott is the same age and is itching for first team football.

• jimmysmith

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Sorry Valle, my post may have come across as a bit rude. No disrespect intended. Had a couple of hot sakes, and not at my best. Apologies!

• Lucky Les

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:01 PM

CABAYE
    Hope I am wrong about this but I fear PSG may have already agreed a deal for our best all round player Cabaye and this is why suddently we are trying to sign a couple of players before the fact that we have £20M is announced and therefore the prices rise on our proposed purchases.As I said earlier please let me be wrong.Any views?

• Transfer Sage

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:05 PM

i don’t get the thing of sign players before going public with a sale, agents/everyone involved would know all this and it would get around.

Plus clubs have a price they want for a player, doesn’t matter how much a team has in the bank.

I think PSG won’t go for cabaye, they have other targets they seem to prefer.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Dok…hopefully Man Udt are not that desperate (maybe you should call that ex and ask 😉 )

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:09 PM

*Utd

• Transfer Sage

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:18 PM

mata would be a great signing for them, fee is around 37-40mil apparently, would be a good player and money is not really an issue for them. they have enough

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:20 PM

A trivial question for ya’all:

Which song did The Verve base their song “Bittersweet Symphony” on?

*I’ll be back with the answer later!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:23 PM

TS…well I do advocate that transfers should not be about money…solely, but about buying wins 😀

…but paying out £40M for wins is alot of money and I just wonder if you could not buy those win cheaper? What is Mata gets injured?

• Coach

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:24 PM

TS
    I almost always find myself agreeing with your posts in fact I really enjoy them, but I don’t see how you think Manu have enough money.

To rebuild, they will have to add to debts that are already huge and to interest charges that are close to breaking point. If the Glaziers aren’t in panic mode yet they probably should be.

• darrenfletcher88

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Hi people, haven’t posted in a while, de Jong deal looks nearly done that would be an exciting signing I think, cabella deal looks so complicated! (Standard toon) I hope we get one or two in to give the squad a fresh look!! Any one got any thoughts on transfer deals?

• Transfer Sage

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:28 PM

coach

Man utd’s debt is all put on them from the glazers, they bough the club with a lot of money they then borrowed against it.

Man utd it’s self makes a lot of money and they claim to have 150mil for moyes to spend right now if he wants it.

Mata at 40 mil is great business for them, I think that 40mil would be better spent on cabaye and tiote but never mind.

They need quality to play alongside carrick, mata will be further up the pitch, they still need more quality deeper in midfield.

• wolfshead@toon

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:29 PM

jesper

i dont know but i know they ripped off a 70s album called 666 by aphrodites child a fair bit 🙂

• Transfer Sage

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:31 PM

coach

also thanks for the kind words, try to keep things balanced and take on what people say.

darren

De jong is looking good now, should be in soon according to papers. I still think the cabella deal is far from closed for january.

• catchy in norway

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:32 PM

mr tuff

there are still a few id like to twat in here, while I think its good for people to have a voice, I really don’t like the gang up on someone mentality some have in here and other social media sites

jesper,, search your feelings, you know it is 😉

doktoon

my deep hatred for man you is from 97-98, before that I had no problem, but I went to an away match there, there were 4 of us , we got punched , spat at, kicked, all because we had our black and white tops on,,

but I think yours was worse, 😉 a GF man u supporter hhhmmmm

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Well guys keep guessing 😉

*I’ll give y’all a hint though. It was an Orchestration of an old 60’s song by a British rock-band!

*I’ll by back on tonight with the answer!

• clinath@ed

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Jesper,
    Wasn’t it a Rolling Stones song/track?

• wolfshead@toon

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:37 PM

catchy

search your feelings is that the name of a song or a command to jesper lol

• darrenfletcher88

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Transfer sage

De Jong is just what we need!! Had a poor time in Germany but a quality player, Anita and krul to settle him in the squad! Montpellier haven’t covered there selfs in glory regarding the remy deal lots of conflicting reports from vice chairman, chairman , managers. But what an exciting player to be after, all the bad things Ashley and co have done they seem to get a good price for the players they go after, if anything makes an exciting end off the window

• wolfshead@toon

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:39 PM

jesper

ok il wait cos im f***** if i can be bothered to google it haha

• Coach

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:41 PM

TS
    I agree with where the debt arose but it’s still a debt and is almost £400 million. Their revenues are high but are very dependent on success which could be badly hit when they miss out on the Champions League.

Borrowing more to rebuild has to work or they could be in very serious trouble. The so called fans who buy their merchandise world wide will jump ship in an instant as will their sponsors when contract are due to renew.

This is all just opinion but if they come unglued, don’t forget who told you. lol.

• valle

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Jimmy… No problem mate, I just thought it was nice to hear a few possitive thoughts from other fans for once, the comments as well.

Jesper… Hehe, me to. Im not to happy about Liverpool, Aston Villa and Chelsea neither.

Wolfs… Anything to pass the boredom is a welcome gift ;).

• catchy in norway

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:45 PM

wolfshead@toon

star wars quote, and its about shearer and the ditches being beattie 😉

• catchy in norway

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:45 PM

mata for 37 million is a better deal than ozil for 40 million

• catchy in norway

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:49 PM

personally, I think man u could spend 300 million and not win a single thing,

moyes is the wrong guy,

he is way to defensive to win anything, he is an average everyday plodder, that can do an ok job

• 70TWO

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Alternative Central Defenders that could be purchased to replace Collo and have played in CL:
    Joël Veltman (Ajax 2017)
    Christian Ramsebner (A. Vienna 2015)
    Lucas Mendes (Marseille 2016)
    Fabian Schär (Basel 2015)
    Cheikhou Kouyaté (Anderlecht 2016)

All young and experienced, my point being there will be plenty of options going forward if Collo leaves this summer. As seems likely because of injuries, age and call of home.

• Mister Tuff

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:49 PM

jesper – Rolling Stones – the Last Time.
    I think, if my memory serves me correctly The Last Time was the first sheet music I ever bought.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:55 PM

coach

possibly, they might do. I just think with the investment in 3/4 quality players (something they have needed for years) they will be fine….unfortunately.