Report That Yohan Cabaye Not Interested In Joining PSG

French football commentator Julien Laurens has said on talkSPORT that he believes Yohan Cabaye is reluctant to join PSG, whose manager Laurent Blanc has been talking about wanting him at PSG since last summer.

Yohan Cabaye Crystal Palace CWdqE4qrLIPl

Yohan Cabaye – doesn’t want to join PSG

This is what Julian Laurens has said on talkSPORT when asked what he knew of the current  situation with Yohan Cabaye:

“It’s good news for Newcastle fans.” “It seems that Yohan Cabaye is a bit reluctant to join Paris Saint-Germain.” “He’s thinking about the longer term.”

“He knows PSG will probably get Pogba in the summer, that’s their main objective.” “Cabaye thinks that  if he goes there, he’ll have to compete with Paul Pogba, Marco Verratti, Blaise Matuidi and Thiago Motta for a place in the midfield.”

“His chances to play will be reduced and he doesn’t want that.” “He’s happy at Newcastle.” “They’re doing well in the league this year and he’s reconsidering.”

Alan Pardew has told him if he goes to clubs bigger than Newcastle, like PSG or Manchester United as two examples, he will not get the freedom of play and be an automatic starting position that he gets at Newcastle.

It seems that some of that is starting to sink in with the Frenchman, although whether he would agree to stay at Newcastle long term – we don’t know.

However, we  hope that Newcastle – Joe Kinnear would be the man to do this – would offer Yohan a new extended deal – in an effort to get him to stay on Tyneside – that’s part of Joe’s job as Director of Football – to keep the very best players at the club..

If we could do that – Newcastle could even then stand a chance of signing Loic Remy permanently in the summer.

If we can keep both of these top players at Newcastle long term – we would have the possibility of having a very good side – with say three new players coming in over the summer, including Remy Cabella  from Montpellier.

What do you think?

Note: There is a special MJK Sports event coming up like we’d like to publicize. On May 9th there will be an evening with Kevin Keegan at the Lancastrian suite in Gateshead. You can get the details about the event and buy your tickers here.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:54 PM

If Mackems survive and we fail to qualify for Europe then they would have had a better season than us.

Regardless of CC cup result.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Hope he is right

but how does he know? really privileged these people.

• Mister Tuff

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:03 PM

ian Toon – I stand corrected. I followed the Animals- but after Alan Price left I did not follow his career thereafter.

• jazzyp

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:03 PM

If only this would be true and we could build a team around Cabs and Mr T. Instead of all the uncertainty that surrounds us then build for the future………. I know it just sounds to simple doesnt it

• Ancientcoptic

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Signing on the dotted line talks.

The club should offer him 100k per week to stay, if he refuses, what other choice do we have but to sell.

• Ciaran

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Ian from previous thread

As Bills if oft fond of commenting on, there is an area of English law that prevents people from defaming or misrepresenting someone’s views in public that could potentially harm their credibility – it is called libel.

What you have written @100 is a libellous statement and I personally would like you to retract it.

I would, of course, like to point out that since the meeting in labour club in which it was stated that Time4Change were holding a march, which was largely backed by the Mike Ashley Out Campaign, MAOC actually saw their support surge from 600 followers to nearly 4000 – representing the anger that was felt by Mike Ashley’s mismanagement of the club.

NUST has seen a downturn in membership in this time, because perhaps they missed a trick in the summer by not openly embracing the aims and objectives of MAOC and T4C but if they can channel into what is now the overwhelming opinion of Newcastle United supporters – that Mike Ashley is not good for the club and the sooner he leaves the better – then NUST could well see an upturn in their own fortunes.

It would be a very logical extension that by tapping into this opinion, TF and The Mag are actually best representing what is the opinion of most NUFC supporters as you will be unable to produce subscription numbers for either publication, nor will you be able to find any quote directly attributable to Mark Jensen.

As MacToon himself stated, Mark Jensen did not intimate these feelings when I was speaking to him last night at NUST’s AGM last night, nor did Michael Martin. In fact, both men, and Norman Watson, seemed very encouraged by the progress that MAOC and T4C have made in recent months and wished us all the best in our endeavours.

If we were directly, and negatively impacting upon their commercial interests would this have been the case?

Also, I remembered how you were once a pompous flag bearer about being a NUST member yet you did not attend their AGM last night. Disappointing.

• Alems1983

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Sunderland will only qualify for Europe if they win the cup

• Alems1983

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Which they won’t

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I Know

• Ian Toon

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Mr Tuff- That’s fine, my father went through a period of constantly playing it when I was growing up. I prefer the Rolling Stones cause I can’t get know satisfaction.

• Thump

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Who cares what the unwashed do? Seriously, don’t focus on them until the 1st of February.

• Ian Toon

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I have to confess I didn’t realise Alan Price had formerly been a member of the Animals.

• Jeff from Benwell

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:21 PM

These various anti NUFC groupings that exist are meaningless and irrelevant.
    Going on blogs and flapping your lips as if you count for something is laughable.
    Put your hands in your pockets and turn up at SJP and you may just be acknowledged otherwise shut up.

None of the goons who promote these idiotic protest groups come any where near the definition of a supporter

• wolfshead@toon

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

i wonder if bumble would have laid out for free travel if we were playing manure last night

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Lol
    @shiteseats: Here it is folks in print. #KOTM details on how to get will be released very soon. http://t.co/JtJGN1tQGb

• yorkymag

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Hd
    I think Europe is a distinct possibility for us
    My understanding is
    It is as ever complicated but if city win the capital one that’s an extra place in the league ie 6th qualifies,runners up get nothing ,city or chelski of arsenal or Man U win champs league and are in top 4 5th will be champs league.if a team already in the European spots is in the final ie winner and runner up another league spot goes to Europa league ie 8th

So it is entirely possible that there will be 5 places to champs league and 3 to Europa

I think but happy to be corrected

• Thump

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM

@nightfa11: Oh bloody hell, that’s made my night.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Jeff from benwell,
    Loud mouths like you come and go, you turn up realise you can’t punch someones lights out and no one is going to turn up at that dingy pub of yours to fight you in the car park and then you fusk off back to your original blog of five different posters who all agree with you.Since when was Mike Ashley NUFC.

• yorkymag

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Should have been fa cup winner and runner up in European spot

• Jeff from Benwell

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Ciaran says
    “There is an area of English law that prevents people from defaming or misrepresenting someone’s views in public that could potentially harm their credibility – it is called libel.”

Haha
    only if it’s untrue you pilloch

• Ian Toon

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Ernest Hemingway- ( wish I had your name-LOL) from previous – I am running to catch up!

When I was first at Uni I wrote for WSC on a limited scale. But since I have often reviewed the potential for future editions of 4-4-2 and some fanzines that are looking to expand their horizons beyond their local fan catchment area.

I am less familiar with True Faith not having subscribed for a while. Talking to a few of The Mag sellers on Saturday they also reiterated Mark’s view of the need for more football and less politics.

It’s this time of the year that many folk start looking at their finances.

• Ian Toon

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Jeff- Please stop your not helping anyone least of all yourself.

• Jeff from Benwell

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Ian Toon
    What’s the matter pet am I spoiling your online job application

The internet is full of wannabe journalists – learn bricklaying – more money and it might toughen you up

• Tayls

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Totally agree with you Himanshu. Really does P me off at times the lack of intent we have at challenging for the cups, especially seeing the scum going to Wembley. 🙁

• Ian Toon

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM

I remember Catchy once challenging me to bare knuckle fight in the SJP car park. He took offence at me suggesting he only turned up on here after a defeat and that he was a flip flop fan . He subsequently told me to forget his outburst.

Just as well mind, because I didn’t fancy my chances, given that he described himself as being 6′ 3″ 86 Kg and that he worked out 5 times a week before work and was into road running!

• offthelinebydabizas

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Hello lads dont know if any of you lot seen it but someone was asking for it yesterday i hope this link works https://m.facebook.com/AllNewcastleUnitedFCFans?refid=52&_ft_=qid.5972177659574632095%3Amf_story_key.2774482395504763046

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Yorky Mag,
    The winners of both cups should have a play off, then a play off with forth spot for a CL place, an extra couple of games but huge rewards and would certainly ignite interest in the cups, not fair on fourth place but are the play offs fair .!

• Mister Tuff

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Ian Toon @23 -your best post of the evening

The Hoowlett Headbanger (I know it’s spelt Howlett)
    As we are playing the dictionary definition game here’s another from the Urban Dictionary;-

• anthc

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Love for cabaye to stay but can’t see it as the club don’t match his ambitions which is fair enough. However, I don’t think he would get in to the premiers top sides city chelsea etc so for cl football he would have to play in another country imho.

• yorkymag

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Jail
    It would certainly make the cups note resting
    Unfortunately the money is in the premier league
    Good idea but won’t happen

• Ian Toon

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Jeff- I also worked briefly on a building site when a student and always wondered why bags of cement kept landing near me! Your right though I should have stuck with it!

• yorkymag

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Sorry more interesting

• Jeff from Benwell

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Wembley the last few years =
    Birmingham
    Swansea
    Wigan
    Where are they now ?

• Ian Toon

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Mr Tuff – if that’s my best post I’ll quit while I am ahead.

• Jeff from Benwell

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Ian
    re the bags of cement
    Perhaps you shouldn’t have picked a building site in Hylton Castle lol

• Ian Toon

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Jeff- LOL

• AaranD

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM

European places should be purely league in my opinion.
    It means the best English teams compete in Europe and keep our point coefficient up, meaning the PL keep the 4 Champs and 3 Europa spots.

• jazzyp

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Anthc
    Look what’s happened to Mata under a new manager. If it can happen to Mata then it can happen to Cabs.
    I see Trazbanour nearly got Ba for £7 mill……….how the hell do we expect to get £10 mill for Cisse.Besiktas want Cisse on loan but we only want to sell for £10 mill. Does this sound familiar to the de Jong deal ??

• offthelinebydabizas

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM

This should work better just an old geordie giving a mackem bouncer a good old ear bashing its hilarious worth a watch

1 2 3 6