Luuk de Jong – There’s No Offer For Me Yet

There are reports in the Mail today and other news sources,  that Newcastle may be trying to do a permanent deal for Dutch International striker Luuk de Jong, and news this morning in the local press is that Newcastle hope to complete the deal for Luuk in the next few days, and certainly before the game at Norwich City on Tuesday night.

luuk de jong holland

Luuk de Jong – close to joining Newcastle?

Luuk has not started a game in the Bundesliga all season, and he has hardly done well in Germany, so with that in mind surely Newcastle will want to take a look at the 23 year in the Premier League before agreeing to pay out £8.5M for the Dutch International, so a loan deal makes lots of sense.

£8.5M is the fee that’s rumored Newcastle would need to pay and not the £12M being touted in the Mail this morning – remember he was signed by the German club for £12.6M only eighteen months ago.

That’s when he preferred Germany to Newcastle, who had offered £10M for the striker, and at that time Luuk was still at FC Twente, and was Newcastle’s number one target in the summer of 2012.

This is what he has said to Goal today, and certainly he seems a bit fed up with not playing:

“I just want to play again. I would still love to play for Monchengladbach, but when that’s not possible I will look somewhere else.”  “Against Bayern I had to warm up for the whole of the second half. It’s not funny anymore.”

“I still have fun during training sessions, but on match-days it’s hard for me. I spend more time warming up than actually playing.”  “It’s hard for me to be important for the team. “I try to convince the coach, but I have been trying all season.”

“I played friendlies during the winter break, but everybody gets to play in those games.”  “Monchengladbach knows that some clubs are interested in me. Those clubs have been informed, but there’s no offer for me yet.”

“Together with my dad and my agent, I spoke with the club in the last week of December.”  “We have spoken several times now. I don’t know how big the chance is that I will leave this month. The Technical Director can probably say more about that.”

“I don’t know if the Premier League suits me more than the Bundesliga. I think I also showed I can compete in the Bundesliga.”  “But the coach chooses other strikers at the moment. I understand it, because the team is doing very well. But it’s hard for me.”

Monchengladbach were beaten 2-0 at home by German Champions Bayern Munich last night, and Luuk didn’t even get on as a substitute in the game – and that’s what he’s referring to when he says he had to warm up for the whole of the second half – but didn’t get on.

And it’s interesting that Luuk says that Borussia Monchengladbach have not received any bid for him yet.

So what has Joe Kinnear been doing in Germany this week – we thought he was over there to clinch the loan signing of the Dutch International?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• mag

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Ashley can smell a big deal for Cabaye! “let the auction begin”

• spitfire_

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Of course not… JFK is DoF only for a half a year… he didn’t know how to send a bid.

• Tsunki

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:50 PM

While I was going up the stair,
    I met a man who wasn’t there…

Smoke and mirrors in this non-window.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Zzzzzzzzzz

• Sazzer

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Indy is guessing that there will be meeting today.

indykaila News ?@indykaila
    Newcastle United officials meeting Dutch international striker Luuk de Jong officials. The meeting taking place today. #NUFC

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Deja vue

• jokinoot

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I heard we are signing a Korean fook all

• niafron

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Repost

@potski

It make a huge difference to be located in France.

Well, must be a strange concept for an english man, but in France, the hospitals are working. Wich cost money.

In my personal case, for all the social system, i cost to my society twice the money they give to me (and i give myself 20% of what i have at the end to the state for general purpose, but indeeed cause i’m living in France).

And with the incoming new taxe for high wages (which will concerne companies and not individuals), would have been a disaster for Monaco to be relocated in France.

25 millions a year is peanuts beside of that…

• Ian Toon

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Tsunki- I Have just read you on the other blog- you lead an eventful life.

• niafron

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM

@Potski

To say it more simply: those are companies who pay for the social system in France, not the individuals.

• Sazzer

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:03 PM

“Against Mackems I had to warm up for the whole of the second half. “It’s not funny anymore.”

“But the coach chooses Shola at the moment. I understand it, because the team is doing very well. But it’s hard for me.”

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Suarez,Sturridge,Gerard,seems like Lpool wouldn’t mind a day a Wembley

• mag

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Pardew decided Wembley was to good for NUFC!

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Mag,
    Ashleys doing.

• Laurent Robert 32

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:11 PM

We’re approaching the end of the transfer window, and yet again, we are scavengers seeking out a hint of a new signing. Do we only have a 10,000 seater stadium?

Yet, try hunting for the same scarcity of a S*$%£$ D£%&$€ advertising logo around the ground. It is in not so scarce. In abundance is the more appropriate term.

Ashley’s priorities are on show there for (nearly) all to see. Even that £20m he said he’d spend each season is too much for him to part with.

It’s not good enough, and neither are his gambling buddies who are there to inflate his big money making propoganda machine.

• theartfuldodger

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:11 PM

They paid 15-18m for him correct ??
    And they keep him on the bench.
    Plus we hear gladbach want a replacement before they let him go despite having a number of strikers.

Hmmmm

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:11 PM

potski…the dispute was that Monaco has enjoyed a position in French football that is totally unfair and that hasn’t been questioned.

The club has enjoyed an unfair advantage over every French club. Monaco should be subjected to the same tax regime as the other clubs in Ligue 1. I would assume that would mean the wages they would pay their players would be taxed the same way as the rest of the French League (LFP)?

In any other country this would be unthinkable. Imagine if Welsh clubs Cardiff and Swansea didn’t operate under the same taxation regime as the other 18 English Premier League clubs?

The league has a perfect right to ask Monaco for this and the law should have been applied a long time ago.

In my opinion 🙂

• wolfshead@toon

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:12 PM

lesh@69

wow it looks like you are an itk when it comes to international diplomacy sir haha 😉

• mag

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Jail if Pardew feels Ashley is stifling his ambitions then he could always resign and do us all a favour.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:16 PM

…but maybe I am misunderstood something here? Everything I have read about this is in English 😉

• ArtyH

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:16 PM

De Jong = Shola

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Tsunki…

Strangers passing in the street
    By chance two separate glances meet
    And I am you and what I see is me.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Mag,
    Why would he,4M over eight years plus the odd bonus,and a nice golden handshake for coulluding in the eight year masterplan.

• JaxtheMag

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:21 PM

im on tender hooks waiting for a striker to sign for us who cant get a game and has scored 1 goal this season.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Sky sports were correct

up to 4 deals, included zero

• Laurent Robert 32

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Mag, if it were only that easy.

He usually gets sacked from clubs and would have been sacked here last year if our owner wasn’t trying to run things on the cheap.

He knows the quality of our squad is patching over his very limited management ability, so it’s best to stick in with this money trail that Ashley is providing him, rather than going to another club and being sacked again in two years.

• mag

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Jail, exactly Pardew is all about the money rather than ambition and if the Mackems win the cup then Pardew will realise what hell feels like by putting money and himself before ambition for the club.

• lesh

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Ed’s posed a fair question when he wondered just what exactly has Joe Kinnear been doing in Germany this week – we thought he was over there to clinch the loan signing of the Dutch International?

What’s he been doing? If I was his boss, I’d be asking him the same question….. and more!

Is it Kinnear that’s taking the pi$$ without Ashley’s knowledge or is Ashley party to the whole and almost bi-annual charade?

I wonder whether a question can be composed that would ask the club to outline the DoF’s broad job description? And a subsidiary to try to find out what progress he’s making/ made to meet the criteria. All this in a tactful, collaborative and unprovocative tone – that of course is the hard bit.

Perhaps Forum attendees could meet informally with one or two of the key Club reps and set the tone for future meetings. I’m suggesting that somehow the club needs to be persuaded that fans’ groups would like to see co-operation, ‘partnership’ with the club – a sharing of common aims so that the club feels less intimidated or threatened by fans views.

Just looking at meeting notes, it strikes me that there is an air of confrontation and the Forum, questions posed in advance by fans, club answers and that’s that – a QA session, nothing more nothing less.

Should the club be responsible for setting tht tone of the Forum? I’d say yes but would qualify that by suggesting that some fans’ reps need to be less hostile towards the club.

I may and probably am wrong to be so presumptuous about the Forum, please forgive me – brickbats and comments to be expected of course.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Why the hell are we talking about French Tax laws?

Surely the French league and it’s participants forfeited any right to complain when they charged Monaco a one off payment €70 odd million to continue in the league?

• Novocastrian66

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I reckon Joe went to Germany for Oktoberfest, but he is so freaking useless he managed to get that wrong too.

• ilovetoon8788

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:37 PM

how good is luuk de jong? is he the striker we need?

doesn’t seem very prolific.

• Ian Toon

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Academy:
    Toon teens beat Reds

Result:
    Manchester United U18s 1 Newcastle U18s 2
    The visitors took the lead in the 36th minute through Rolando Aarons. The scores were level in the 54th minute when Joe Riley equalised but Newcastle went back in front when Adam Armstrong fired home after 68 minutes.

• Mister Tuff

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:43 PM

EXCLUSIVE. NEWSFLASH.
    A few of you are querying what JFK is doing. The Mag site have just posted the truth about what he has been up to.
    Link:-

• wolfshead@toon

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:44 PM

is joe any worse at his job than lame arse its all ashley laughing his moobs of at the gullible fans/media ashley out tan in! :-0

• wolfshead@toon

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:51 PM

tuffers

i wonder if bumble has a quick fumble with joe when he drags up haha

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:52 PM

laughing his moobs off. Ha ha, love it 🙂

• Toon1978

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:56 PM

I dont think Ashley has any intention to buy this window.

• Lee Dodd

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Same old Same old !!!! we have heard all of this before. Once again we come to the end of a transfer window and no new signings Once again. We dangle carrots every were to keep the fans on a hook then we say the other club wanted to much money even though we had agreed terms with the player… I can see Chelsea bidding for cabaye this week. 2 players out etc !!!

• Thump

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM

@ilovetoon8788: He’s not terrible. One of those players who can play on the shoulder of defence, is calm, doesn’t tend to flap at chances… but he’s from the Eredivisie. I think he’s struggling at Borussia because it’s a lot closer to the EPL in playing style, I honestly don’t think he’ll hack it. Good finisher, but would be a 10 goal a season scorer at most imo.

• Mister Tuff

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Incorporating the exclusive by the Mag with the news in the Sun today – Sports Tycoon and the pop star – I can only come to the conclusion that Mr Tubbs is rodgering JFK.
    No wonder there has been no progress on the transfer front.

1 2 3 6