The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Papiss Cisse Could Still Leave Newcastle Imminently

11:30 pm, Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 42 Comments

There is news that Turkish side Fenerbahce are getting ready to put a bid in for Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse, and it seems the bid will be just £6M, which we expect Newcastle to turn down.

papiss cisse running

Papiss Cisse – still interest in Newcastle striker

The transfer window in Turkey is still open and any transfers can be made to a country while that country’s transfer window is open, and Turkey’s window closes on Monday afternoon.

But Newcastle want £10M for Cisse – and Newcastle are said to have rejected two offers of £8M last Friday night from Turkish club Trazbonspor and also from an unnamed middle east club.

We’d be surprised if Newcastle sell for anything less than £10M for Cisse, who will probably be leaving Newcastle in the summer, but if a bid does come in for £10M they will sell.

That’s what Newcastle did when they sold Yohan Cabaye last week to PSG, even though they didn’t bother replacing the French play-maker., and the team has been weakened for the rest of the season.

But Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is known to take the money once a bid reaches his own valuation of any Newcastle player, and Luuk de Jong, the Dutch International striker, has been brought in on loan for the rest of the season, so there’s some cover there in case Cisse moves.

And while Mike Ashley always wants top dollar for his Newcastle players, he is often unwilling to pay out the going rate for players he wants brought to Newcastle.

Fenerbehce are at the top of the Super League in Turkey, but would like to acquire another top striker this winter.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Newcastle News · Papiss Cisse · Transfer News and Rumours

42 responses so far ↓

• 1 expatmag // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:35 PM

CIARANBLACKLEY

pardon me for offering an opinion.

I have usually found that you cant please or agree with all of the people all of the time.

My tact is to offer an opinion light heartedly in an inoffensive way and if not agreed with, respect the opinion of the other and move on.

I find it unnecessary to get involved in a blog bunfight just because others opinions differ.

I hope neither of you are offended by this post..

• 2 GeordieTwo // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:35 PM

I mean it people. The Stud Muffin is the Man in Spain. Make no mistake about it. Harrumph. As for Cisse how can we get 10M for him? He’s got a backside full of splinters and has forgotten what a football is with us. Dream on Mike.

• 3 expatmag // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM

GEORDIE

The Russians have money to burn and Ashley is a tough negotiator.

• 4 GeordieTwo // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Excellent attitude expat mag @1. You sound like Manly Men material to me. We are looking for representatives in Australia at this very moment. How do you feel about chest hair? Manly Tom Selleck moustaches? Interacting with a top group of people dedicated to manliness. Ibiza is in the team. Mr. Tuff. Jesper, all the top blog celebrities. We would welcome your obvious experience. Are Australians wild and wooly? We need to know.

• 5 Belfast // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

10 million would be a great deal.

Though we won’t reinvest the money.
    Which is annoying as per usual.

• 6 GeordieTwo // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Ah, I see your point now expat @3. Interesting. Are they interested in a top notch winger (Obertan) and a midfield wizard (Gosling) as well? I’m excited at the thought mate. :)

• 7 expatmag // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

GEORDIE

LOL….Thanks for those few kind words. As my mate,Tuff, will testify, I have wrestled crocodiles and come face to face with great white sharks and survived but by far my most horrendous experience has been supporting this club of ours under the current regime.

• 8 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Cisse is a finnisher plain & Simple, much like Darren Bent.

Put the ball in and around the box and he will more than likeley find the back of the net or make the keeper work.

Only Pardew would try playing him on the wing or as a target man FFS. And Pardews tactics that have us create little to no chances and relying on shots from outside the box have temporarily ruined Cisse’s carreer .

If Cisse played for Arsenal he would hit 20 goals easy, probably why they approached him tbh .

• 9 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

expatmag – I’d rather debate sensibly. But Ciaran’s little bunfight’s are harmless fun.

• 10 GeordieTwo // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Belfast, have I signed you up for Manly Men Ireland yet by the way? We need the Irish angle on things. What to do with your ‘tache when it gets soggy from drinking the grog. Where to find some beautiful Irish lasses to impress with our manliness. That sort of thing, but much more as well.

• 11 expatmag // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

GEORDIE

It would be good if they were. I see Goslong ending up in the championship on a free in the summer or a promoted team like Leicester and Obertan possibly returning to a mid table team in France.

• 12 TurkishFan101 // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Blackley and Brownlie

Hey fans, I am labelled homophobic because the support from Blackley and Brownlie to being Pro- Mike Ashley and defending him at every instance like his life-long partner or lawyer, it’s dripping from his lips. Guess what? it only makes you look more of a bum for someone you call “Mikey”.

You can declare your true love here and expose your feelings, then you can label me an homophobic because I am exposing your love to Mike Ashley for making us a successful club, giving us a name of a “wee club”, squeezing every penny out of fans.

Someone should of told me of being “homophobic”? You are the only person to label me that, cause you cannot hide your love to Mike Ashley, please do label me more you distraught idiot.

• 13 Belfast // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Ibiza and Jesper are z listers mate.

Even the envelopes wouldn’t hire them.

• 14 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Right I’m off to bed. I see my spelling and grammar are deserting me at this hour.

Ibiza – you keep an eye on our Turkish friend.

• 15 GeordieTwo // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Your welcome expat mate @7. Any friend of Mr. Tuff is a friend of mine. Yes we are under tremendous strain right now as true supporters of the world’s greatest football club. Mike is clearly not worthy mate.

• 16 expatmag // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:48 PM

BLACKLEY

Fair enough.

GEORDIE

How about accepting my application to the manliness club? I am currently heading to the beach, dressed in budgie smugglers, tight vest showing muscle ripples and the obligatory zinc cream on the nose, ready to fight off those topless blonde beach bombshells

• 17 Belfast // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Yeah i’m up for that, but only if I can make some more baby belfasts with these lasses you talk off ?

I’ve only got two, looking to branch out a bit.

• 18 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Turkish

I’ve just read your rant @ 12. Made me LOL. If I was a WUM, I’d get endless pleasure from you. Goodnight, fella.

• 19 TurkishFan101 // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Blackley and Brownlie

Easy to label someone “homophobic” then go to bed feeling good, idiot.

• 20 GeordieTwo // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Spot on expat @11. But millions from a Russian billionaire would be lovely if they didn’t go straight into Ashley’s pocket. How can you say that Belfast mate? Oh sure Ibiza is running a budgie smuggling ring in the US right now and jesper is selling hallucinogenic pie filling but still….

• 21 GeordieTwo // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Well got to go for now mates.

• 22 GAZ09 // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:51 PM

he can sell Cisse or anyone else he wants, the sooner he does the better, hopefully he gets what he can and then F-off out our our club

• 23 expatmag // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:51 PM

GEORDIE

I have known TUFF for over 40 years when I lived in England and we are good friends as were our families who have sadly passed on.

• 24 GeordieTwo // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Beautiful expat @16. Just bloody beautiful mate. That is the correct attitude. And don’t forget to flare your nostrils.

• 25 Belfast // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Good luck to him anyways, even though he’s done nowt for 18 months.

Remember Madrid being interested,back in the day.

When he looked great.

• 26 GeordieTwo // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM

expat I have relatives in Aus meself mate. They moved to Adelaide in the 60’s and are still there. Hope to blog more with you and Mr. Tuff as well. All the best lad.

• 27 expatmag // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

BELFAST

I have a feeling that if we sell Cisse, the money from the sale will go to buying De Jong, if he impresses.

Sadly, I think Remy will return to QPR in the summer and then be sold to someone like Arsenal

• 28 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Ibiza – I have to say before I go upstairs that I’m still splitting myself at Turkish’s rant, and wondering just how much of it is owed to my use of “Mikey”. It certainly is a potent little moniker with the curious power to drive certain people apoplectic. Surely I can’t drop it now that I know that?

• 29 Graeme // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Sky just showing all of Shearers goal in the TOON – Complete MAGIC

• 30 expatmag // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:56 PM

GEORDIE

Same to you mate. Have a good one

• 31 Belfast // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

This has been one long drawn out argument between you’s two lovely ladies…

• 32 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Disaster yesterday. They wanted it more. Apart from that 20 minute spell we looked lacking in ideas. Infsct we looked lacking in everything.

Missed Cabaye and Gouffran.

We need a top quality playmaker in the middle of the park. Someone who can create and has a good engine.

• 33 musomag // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

First of all..Mr Ashley’s next sale should really be the club itself.

Then by all means let Cisse and half the current squad go and please ‘invest’ in some Premier League standard, British players who are prepared to put in the extra effort required to win games for this club.

• 34 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Turkish @ 19 Don’t use such vile imagery, and then people won’t label you a homophobe. Good night, fella.

• 35 Ciaran // Feb 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Ian doesn’t realise that his incorrect use of a few words show up his not so talented cast.

Writing styles are like fingerprints.

• 36 Belfast // Feb 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Agree ex pat.

Shame about Remy, but I’ve always thought we’d no chance of keeping him tbh

• 37 expatmag // Feb 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM

BLACKLEY

Can I offer a word of advice, mate?

If you know the use of the term bothers some posters, why continue with the use?

Arent you just setting yourself up for more discontent from people or are you going to continue with the term just to wind these people up?

Wouldn’t it be better to desist to keep the harmony of the blog and gain respect from your fellow posters?

• 38 TurkishFan101 // Feb 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Blackley and Brownlie

Don’t even make yourself look the innocent one after labelling me as being “homophobic”. You need to really read what you write and check before you post. You have made yourself look like an idiot, and the best part is, every Toon fan can are now aware of what to expect when they say you are bum friends with Mike Ashley.

It must have deeply heart you, stuck straight into your heart, well it’s not going to go as you should of thought about it twice before labelling someone “homophobic” on the internet. People get so brave behind a computer screen nowadays.

Just total pathetic of a human being you are.

• 39 expatmag // Feb 3, 2014 at 12:03 AM

BELFAST

Yes. He is a quality player but I honestly feel he never had any intention to sign for us permanently and the loan was a means to an end for both him and us.

• 40 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 12:06 AM

expatmag – The best way I can explain is people call Mikey, “Jabba” or “fat bastard” or “Cashley”. I don’t see him like that. His name is Mike and I see him more of a Mikey. I think it would be pathetic of me to object to people calling Mikey derogatory names and asking them to desist because I don’t like them. I can’t believe I’m having such a conversation about it. Now that everyone knows why I use it, I should be allowed to continue because it is, to some extent, in tune with my views on the man. Don’t you see that? Why should I drop “Mikey” because certain people dislike him?

• 41 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Turkish

You protest too much – and ironically with homophobic language.

• 42 Belfast // Feb 3, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Every time you call him mikey, I think it’s pikey.

And that’s racist ;-)