The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Midfield Target Pleased He Didn’t Join Newcastle

8:04 pm, Monday, February 3rd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 194 Comments

Montpellier midfielder Remy Cabella has told the French press that he has no regrets at all about not joining Newcastle in January, although we don’t know if a fee was ever agreed between Newcastle and his  French club, and that comes first before the player gets to decide whether he wants to leave or not. All that happened is the Montpellier President and manager amazingly bad mouthed the Newcastle club, and they showed they have no class.

remy cabella

Remy Cabella – glad he didn’t join Newcastle last month

But Newcastle found out last month that it’s very hard to get good players to leave their clubs half way through the season, and clubs don’t want to lose their best players,  and often it’s not convenient for the player to leave either.

Unfortunately, that was not true at Newcastle, and we sold our best player Yohan Cabaye last month – and he wanted to leave to join PSG, and the team is now weaker than it was at the start of the transfer window.

This is what Remy Cabella told French radio station RMC:

“I made the right choice to stay in Montpellier. I have goals, I hope to achieve.” “I was glad that they were interested in me but the most important is being here with Montpellier.”

“I was glad that they were interested in me but the most important is being here with Montpellier” “I do not see myself leaving. I am 100% focused with the team.”

In fact all the Newcastle midfield targets last month didn’t arrive on Tyneside, and in not one case did Newcastle even agree a transfer fee with their clubs, with Clement Grenier of Lyon and attacking midfielder Filip Duricic of Benfica being the other two targets, in addition to Cabella.

But in addition to Remy Cabella, Clement Grenier also came out on the second last day of the window, and said he had decided not to leave Lyon in January.

Both Cabella and Grenier were probably fed up at the games Newcastle were playing in trying to get them at rock bottom prices, and we don’t think what happened last month will necessarily help us in the summer, if we still want to get those two Frenchmen to the club.

It’s just a pity that Newcastle don’t seem to learn from their mistakes – we’ve made plenty of them  since the summer of 2007,  when Mike Ashley bought the club.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

194 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ibizatoon // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Not as glad as Ashley!

Anyway, it’s good when things work out for all parties.

• 2 wolfshead@toon // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:05 PM

can ya blame him you dont jump from one sinking ship to another

• 3 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:06 PM

So, that mcdermott affair at Leeds is weird, they sack him and then realise they’d have to pay out so reinstated him in the hope he will quit? hahaha sounds like they’ve got a bunch of jokers on par with ours ruling the roost.

How are they going to make him quit exactly? Apply the clockwork orange eyelid opener uperers and make him watch a pardew training session maybe? Who knows…

The plot thickens

• 4 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:13 PM

blackley,
    I think you being older should act with a little more maturity and apologize as necessary.
    He may well have started this season with an improved squad and the results have shown that, but as I’ve said the squad certainly isn’t any stronger as we were at least five players short last January and five players have since left since, and you cannot say he wasn’t totally hung out to dry that seadon we finished fifth.
    I hope you know my stance on the silver tongued lothario before you go accusing me of something I’m not.

• 5 Graeme // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I would suggest that the complete lack of ambition to do nothing more than finish in the top half ish, every year, would put any ambitious player off coming here.

The 5 French lads last year could well be the last for some time – their plan has now been sussed – who wants to buy into that sort of deal????

• 6 p // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:16 PM

jfa and Blackley – it is a bit of both.

Pardew should have got a couple of decent replacements 2 in and 2 out at the very least.

That said, there was no excuse for Saturday. The players and Pardew need to take responsibility for that debacle.

• 7 BandB // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Who was banned from .co.uk?
    Explain

Please.

• 8 wolfshead@toon // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:18 PM

p

debacle good word haha

• 9 p // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Now we know where Mash was on Saturday, looking to buy an Irish ailing sports retailer

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Has everybody read the waffle section of the match report on NUFC.com it’s harrowing !

• 11 Mike's Iron Curtain // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:27 PM

P

So trying to consume his competitors again, he really is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blob

• 12 BandB // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Hello Jail,

Were you not there?

• 13 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:31 PM

did he just say man city annual wage bill is 400m? frigging hell like

• 14 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:31 PM

class goal that were

• 15 Mike's Iron Curtain // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Toon Tang

I read this morning that their playing staff wage bill was costing them approximately £693k a day, so works out to be around £253m a year.

• 16 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:34 PM

p,
    I’m simply not going to defend Pardew for that as his motivational tactics for the last few Derbies and FA cups are diabolical, but all the players knew Cabaye was going and for all we know thought a morale boosting replacement would be brought in, Pardew has his work cut out lifting this lot up for the remainder of this pointless season.

• 17 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM

BandB hello,
    No I’ve only been up there twice even though I said I wouldnt,three including the testimonial.

• 18 Rotonda heights // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM

what a fantastic post below. really could not be any clearer

take a chance

148sparky55 // Feb 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM

I think most of you are pre-judging what young hungry managers would think of the opportunity of managing newcastle even with Mashley in Charge.

If you are say an up and coming manager like Pochy, or a Laudrup, a Rogers, a Poyet, a OGS for example…and Mashley said to you…”You know what I’m like, you know I run the club like a business, you know I’m a tight cnut, I’m not going to give you any budget for 18 months, but I can offer you premiership football, a good squad and 50,000 home supporters and I want you to get the most out of this crop of players, will you come work for me on 500k a year…I THINK EVERY ONE OF THEM WOULD HAVE SNATCHED HIS HAND OFF.

Obviously we can’t get any of those managers for that kind of money now, put there’s plenty of managers at the same stage in their careers like the above were two years ago that would join us under those circumstances.

So just don’t get the argument of who we would get cos even Mashley can’t be happy at the Sh!te Pardew delivers week in week out.

As a supporter I would be much happier with a progressive manager making his squad play like sunderland did on saturday against us and put up with Ashley so long as the football was good.

• 19 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:41 PM

mike, same price as the whole of toon eh. It may have been Chelsea with 400 i dont know, just heard commentary saying it then.

• 20 BandB // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Jail,

I could have got you a ticket for the derby, if you’d wanted one.

• 21 wolfshead@toon // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:44 PM

rotonda

is sparky55 your other i.d haha

• 22 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:44 PM

BandB I got banned because I used to disagree with the duo of big dave, controller of the blog hammer, and my brother troy. I used to liken them to vicky pollard for their “yeah but, no but” views. Dave couldn’t take it in the end and troy disappeared every time I came on.

• 23 dubzy // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:47 PM

SIGN THIS PETITION………!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 24 BandB // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Blackley,

Were they, like, “the master of the blog?”
    Like Ciaran.
    Or are you fighting old battles?

• 25 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:50 PM

BandB,
    Thanks, but this January has left me angry and the only way I’ll go back in there this season is if there’s some form of protest organised.

• 26 MrMojoRisin76 // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Rotonda
    what a fantastic post below. really could not be any clearer

Why would repost somebody’s post like that?,i have seen hundreds of good posts on here but i don’t feel the need to repost them on another thread with a statement of recommendation.I think Wolfshead got it spot on.

• 27 terencelim // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM

@Rotonda heights, but why would you still want to “accept it” when we all know what Ashley is about? It just doesn’t make sense at all.

• 28 Thump // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM

@dubzy: Time for change(.org)?

• 29 BandB // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Blackley,

Given your past experiences, wouldn’t it be better to work yourself in with your strong opinions?
    Rather than curling your not altogether charming or impressive lip at people who have earned their stripes on this, your refuse?

PS

It is spelled SpartAcus. Nothing worse than an illiterate know-all, don’t you think?

• 30 stuart no9 // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:14 PM

anybody know where I can aquire a MAOC T shirt ??

• 31 lesh // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Obviously Kinnear’s made a lasting impression on Cabella and no doubt every other supposed target he’s gone near.

Putting him in charge of player recruitment is akin to putting King Herod in charge of a creche.

Ashley could help what little credibility by sacking Kinnear.

That’d be one step in the right direction

• 32 mindshaft // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:17 PM

@rotunda – sadly there have been a lot more up and coming managers that have failed when given the opportunity
    I wouldn’t even take laudrup as he’s taken a decent team and actually made them relegation candidates

• 33 Ibizatoon // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Blackley…And didn’t Troy get banned too?

Rotonda / Sparky…”We all know what Ashley is about now…all we have to do is accept it and get on with it, but we don’t have to accept the sh!te Pardew serves up every week do we?”

I get the feeling that perhaps you don’t get what Ashley is about. He doesn’t care about the footballing side, it’s even been said he doesn’t understand football.

I really think you need to reassess what the actual problem is at the club.

We’ve had this discussion before, if Ashley wanted better football he’d have a better manager or even better coaches to work with the current one.

He hired a fitness coach, that’s about the only positive thing I can see he’s done for the past 12 months and before that, he was rectifying mistakes, not pushing forward.

Everything is a result of Ashley.

• 34 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM

rotunda you do know OGS is supposedly on about 4 mill a year don’t ya?
    laudrop has turned a very good swansea team into well a much shitter one
    pochotino cried and spat his dummy out of his pram because there director of football left now he’d be crying for a very different reason if he was under our DOF!
    poyet lets see where they are come the end of the season infact lets see if there’s been turd left in man city’s wembley dressing room!

and any ways do you’s lot think an up and coming manager would ever pick newcastle as his 1st club to manage in the prem?

its not labelled the hardest job in england for nowt its very high pressure and cup winning managers have come here and its been the end of them!

imo no up and coming managers would touch this job they’d rather go to a lesser team with much lesser expectations

• 35 ErnestHemingway // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM

John Tudor….come on and give me some of your pearls of wisdom, me auld mucka

• 36 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Ibiza – troy was banned many times in the early days.

• 37 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Troy Stavers has acted like a true gentleman on here and it is a pleasure to read his posts.

• 38 BandB // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Ibiza,

Hang on a bit,

Troy got banned too??????

eee, I’m proper flustered now. What a family!!!

I need to check this out myself. I almost wish I didn’t have the toolkit.

Well, beddy-byes, bloggers.

I’ll not be chuckling myself to sleep in a smug state of self-satisfaction though. What sort of horrid person would do that?

• 39 Black and White with an army lol // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:35 PM

it’s obvious Cabella said this during a interview, it’s not as if he would say ” i wanted to join Newcastle because they are a bigger club and have better fans with more passion than Montpellier ”

Cabella has fans over there and doesn’t want to let them down by saying he wanted to come here.

when summer comes and if we bid for him he would probably accept it regardless of our and his Chaimen.

• 40 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:37 PM

BandB
    It tells you something when the best thing you can do is pull someone up for their spelling and grammar. Top lesson on a blog is not to do that and especially not for misspelling a personal name!

The things I curl my lip up at are clever comments like that. Anyone who is polite to me I respect. I never mock anyone who doesn’t undeservedly dish it out. I like to speak up for anyone being bullied by the big shots. As there’s a few on here my lip is frequently curled and you may get the wrong impression of me.

• 41 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Bloody hell Ed…put a spin on it why don’t you?!

Read the headline and you’d think that he didn’t want to join Newcastle at all. Read the quotes from him and it turns out he just wants to finish the season with his team, ensure they stay up and hopefully get in the French team for the WC.

If he joined us, then it’s possible he would take some time to adapt and might not be in good form coming up to the WC.

It’s not easy to get good players in January…

• 42 kevymartins // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Chelsea 6 Newcastle 0 ….Were set up for a stinking string of games. Especially when pardrew seems to think Anita is Cabaye and as soon as Anita gets the ball anywhere on the pitch he takes 1 touch and tries the superb ball over the top witch only few in the world can execute and Cabaye was one of them.

• 43 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Jail

Troy may act like a true gentleman but it doesn’t mean he’s not one of the most infuriating people you’ll ever meet when he’s drink driving his keyboard.

• 44 p // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:49 PM

aye Kevy, I am bracing myself for another humiliation

• 45 Ibizatoon // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Blackley…Seems .co.uk are fairly trigger happy…or maybe it just attracts the wrong sorts :)

So then, I get you’re not a fan of Pardew. As far as Ashley is concerned, is it that you think he’s done a good job or that you think the owners role within a club is minimal and it’s all about the manager?

• 46 beddersmag // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Dont think we need worry about ambitious players wanting to join us. Of course they will. But dont be too dissapointed when they leave. We cant attract top, top players. We bring in the next tier and they hope to prove themselves and win a deal with a top premier side. We have done well to keep the players we have over the past few years imo.

• 47 kevymartins // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:52 PM

My france top arrived today with Cabaye 6 on it. I’m glad I decided to get him on my france and not nufc :) …Next top on my radar is Tiote, cote d’ivoire. Stocking up for the world cup ;) …France, Ivory coast, Brazil, Germany will do me since the quality is unreal and there lilke £8 :D

• 48 p // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I was hoping Mac City might soften Chelsea up for us, not looking like that is the case

• 49 Waldo P. Barnstormer // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Ok I’ve allowed satda’s woeful display sink in after being near suicidal after the final whistle. I’ve mostly been indifferent to Mike Ashley and his Hokey Cokey style of stewardship. There have been more bad than good choices he’s made. I can actually think there is a small amount of spite in his actions for the way we as a fan base reacted over KK. Does just enough to recover and safe guard his investments, but never over the top as what is required to move us forward at any speed. We were relegated which sting him in the pocket we come up in sell Carroll for an obscene amount. We were lucky Leon best stepped up.

The following year brought in cabaye tiote ba marvuex and we finish 5th then we didn’t strengthen for the extra euro games the following season and after a mass panic bought 5 French players and we stayed up by the skin of our teeth. Now this year after one loan signing we were safe in eight touching euro places. Ashley true to form sees no need to invest in safety and sells our best player. Almost as if to say I don’t want the extra games we struggled with last year and I won’t invest enough to push towards a possible top4 as I personally think could have been done but boy we’d of had to splash.

Anyway back to the point in the headline, we are now only a stepping stone club it the truest sence of the term. Cabaye proved it by the agreement to move if the right bid came in. But we do only seem to sell players that want to leave. The dross that we should shift stay till their contracts run out. We will only get players how want a bigger move in a couple of years.

As long as things stay the same I refuse to travel 300 miles round trip to a home game. I will buy man kids shirts if they wish as I’m not gonna push them to another club but as regards me, my purchases have now fully stopped. I now have lost the last sliver of hope for any sort of success under this regime and feel sorry for the generation of youth that Ashley will poison and possibly force to follow other clubs.

The toon army is on deaths door, we need a new king to lead us away from this depressive fog that is ungulfing our once proud club.

• 50 ONLINE GUY // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Great game ..That’s how to dominate midfield ..a complete performance by Chelsea.

• 51 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:01 PM

blackley,
    I can only judge people as I find them and so far Troy Stavers has only shown impeccable politeness and good etiquette on this particular blog, if only everybody could show such manners and restraint the blog would be a better place.

• 52 kevymartins // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:02 PM

And for any doubters out there the pic’s don’t have the sponser badge due to the site regulations. But I compared a nufc top to a real one and you really can’t tell the difference they have the Authentic thing on the bottom right and the dri-fit on the bottom left.

• 53 Jackel001 // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:06 PM

@GFN_France: Remy Cabella: ‘The coach thinks that I can be in a better team, but I think Newcastle could be a good springboard for me.’ #MHSC #NUFC

• 54 John Tudor // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Father O’Malley rose from his bed one morning.
    It was a fine spring day in his new parish.
    He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the
    Beautiful day outside. He then noticed there was . … .. A donkey
    lying dead in the middle of his front lawn. He promptly called the local
    police station.
    The conversation went like this:
    “Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?”
    “And the best of the day te yerself.. This is Father O’Malley at St.
    Ann’s Catholic Church. There’s a donkey lying dead in me front lawn and
    Would ye be so kind as to send a couple o’yer lads to take care of the
    matter?”
    Sergeant Jones, considering himself to be quite a wit and recognizing
    The Irish accent, thought he would have a little fun with the good
    father, replied,
    “Well now Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!”
    There was dead silence on the line for a moment .. . . . . . ….
    Father O’Malley then replied:
    “Aye,’ tis certainly true; but we are also obliged to notify
    The next of kin first, which is the reason for me call.”

• 55 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Gary Neville…. “These days wingers have to be full backs and full backs have to be wingers”
    “You talk about having a luxury player out wide…not the way the game is going you don’t”

I have paraphrased slightly, but that is basically what he said tonight. I tried making this exact point on here about Ben Arfa and why he should not play wide. But i suppose people are going to say Gary Neville knows nothing, because it portrays one of our poor players in a bad light.

• 56 John Tudor // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:16 PM

After a delicious dinner and a few drinks the wife leads husband into the bedroom.

With a very seductive voice the woman asked her husband, “Have you ever seen twenty dollars all crumpled up?”

No,” said her husband.

She gave him a sexy little smile, unbuttoned the top 3 or 4 buttons of her blouse, and slowly reached down into the cleavage created by a soft, silky push-up bra, and pulled out a crumpled twenty dollar bill.

He took the crumpled twenty from her and smiled approvingly.

She then asked him, “Have you ever seen fifty dollars all crumpled up?”

“Uh… no, I haven’t,” he said, with an anxious tone in his voice.

She gave him another sexy little smile, pulled up her skirt, and seductively reached into her tight, sheer panties… and pulled out a crumpled fifty dollar bill.

He took the crumpled fifty and started breathing a little quicker with anticipation.

Now,” she said, “have you ever seen 50 thousand dollars all crumpled up?”

“No way!” he said, while obviously becoming even more aroused and excited, to which she replied,

“Go look in the garage,”

• 57 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:17 PM

By poor i dont mean as in skills, i mean as in hard done by.

• 58 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:17 PM

gary neville has just said that RW n LW have to be RB n LB
    and vise versa as thats how the game is changing and there ain’t any place any more for luxury players

so catchy n jesper i think that says alot?

• 59 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM

well said markaccus :)

• 60 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Manxpie

Just what i said. Jesper and a few others critisized me for saying that about ben arfa. I am sure they will find a way to twist it around

• 61 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:21 PM

We are going to be accused of back-slapping now :D

• 62 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:24 PM

You know that game where you say who you would invite to a fantasy dinner party….. Jose would be first on my list. He is f#cking brilliant. Bet he is a right laugh

• 63 John Tudor // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:26 PM

A farmer goes out to his field one morning only to find all of his cows frozen solid. As far as the eye can see are cows, motionless like statues. It had been a bitterly cold night, but he’d never thought anything like this would happen. The realisation of the situation then dawned on him. With his entire livestock gone, how would he make ends meet? How would he feed his wife and kids? How would he pay the mortgage? He sat with his head in his hands, trying to come to terms with his impending poverty.
    Just then, an elderly woman walked by, “What’s the matter?” asked the old lady.
    The farmer gestured toward the frozen cows and explained his predicament to the woman.
    Without hesitation the old woman smiled and began to rub one of the cows noses. After a few seconds the cow began to twitch and was soon back to normal and chewing the cud.
    One by one, the old woman defrosted the cows until the whole field was full of healthy animals.
    The farmer was delighted and asked the woman what she wanted as a repayment for her deed.
    She declined his offer and walked off across the field.
    A passer-by who had witnessed the whole thing approached the farmer.
    “You know who that was don’t you?” asked the passer-by.
    “No” said the farmer “who?”

“That was Thora Hird.”

• 64 kevymartins // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM

@Markaccus Didn’t a few players come out a few years ago and say it’s all an act from jose. He is not like that in real life and it’s just to get the attention.

Pritty sure I seen it when I watched his documentary.

• 65 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM

John

ba dum tss. :D

• 66 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM

yeah we’re happy clapping back slappers!
    i had it with jesper too and he kept on saying “babysitting”
    which annoyed me and catchy said when i said you have to defend as a team like wat mourinho does and ben arfa wouldn’t get in his team
    he said “i don’t know nothing about football”
    then produced stats on hazard and ronaldo that showed nothing lol

but if you watched that match tonight how hard does every chelsea player work?
    great performance by them and makes the title challenge much more excitin

• 67 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Kevy

yeah some of the “silly” thinga he says are an act. The media think they are getting one up on him when they ‘expose” it, but really they are dancing to his tune. Its beautiful :D

He is a very clever man, and if he can act that well, i bet he is genuinely a funny bloke.

• 68 shearer 9 // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Hi guy just got my Newcastle top from sports direct or 16 quid :) Just a quick on I’ve been a toon fan since I was like 5 now nearly 23. From Southampton went to my 1st game last year against saints wen it was 4-2 looking to go bak. Again on my bday against villa but tickets r short. The question is do I go I the platinum stand bit witch aim a bad spot I was ther last time for 52 quid or go in the east stand block c I think it was for 41 quid it’s more center of the pitch and 12 rows up them ones tho I can’t get on nufc web site only on virgogo or wot ever it called lol so what do u guys think easy stand better view or platinum ? Cheers guys

• 69 John Tudor // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Got my mate a man utd lamp for crimbo looks great in the middle of the table.

• 70 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Manx

yeah i had the same experience. Jose wont even play a luxury player in the middle, hence Mata situation. I believe you can get away with one in the hole, or as a false no. 9 as your holding player/s cover.

• 71 John Tudor // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Resetting The Password.

“Sorry, your password has been in use for 30 days and has
    expired you must register a new one.”

roses

Sorry, too few characters.

pretty roses

Sorry, you must use at least one numerical character.

1 pretty rose

Sorry, you cannot use blank spaces.

1prettyrose

Sorry, you must use at least 10 different characters.

1f*ckingprettyrose

Sorry, you must use at least one upper case character.

1F*CKINGprettyrose

Sorry, you cannot use more than one upper case character consecutively.

1F*ckingPrettyRose

Sorry, you must use no fewer than 20 total characters.

1F*ckingPrettyRoseShovedUpYourAssIfYouDon’tGiveMeAccessRightF*ckingNow!

Sorry, you cannot use punctuation.

1F*ckingPrettyRoseShovedUpYourAssIfYouDontGiveMeAccessRightF*ckingNow

“Sorry, that password is already in use.”
    _________________

• 72 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM

a much shorter joke tudor save ya fingers

a farmer counted his flock of sheep and came to 196

once he rounded them up he had 200!

now thats worth a ba dum tiss!

• 73 John Tudor // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Be careful driving past old Trafford there giving 3 points to everyone.

• 74 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Ohhhhhhhhh dear manx

maths joke.

• 75 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Shearer 9,
    I hope you realise that not a penny of that shirt sale went to the club or on an incoming transfer.

• 76 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:44 PM

JT,
    Men with glass houses …..

• 77 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Ibiza – a manager is the key position. Mikey’s got it badly wrong.

mikey has done well to provide a very decent squad. We’ll see if he continues to strengthen astutely. I say astutely, he could have done better with the same resources.

• 78 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:46 PM

I hate the way football is going with this ultra defensive style that a lot of managers use .

I grew up watching the Keegan era and the end to end stuff is what I fell in love with . In 10 years it will get to the stage where every game is either a 0-0 or a close 1-0 rather than a thrilling 4-3 or a good 6-0 drubbing .

All the future stars will be picked because of how hard they work and their “engine” rather than what they can do with a football .

Is it just me or is anyone else concerned ? .

• 79 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Jail

…… should not walk around with no pants on

• 80 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Oh great it’s a bloody Markaccus/manxpie love in, running round whipping each other with wet towels ;)

Anyway how dare you two commit the blogs cardinal sin and question Sir H. Benson Arthur I’ll see you hang for this

• 81 John Tudor // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Following Tom Daley admitting he’s gay, rumours are rife that his boyfriend is a fellow Olympian.

My money’s on Fatima Whitbread.

• 82 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:47 PM

BandB

Just re-read your post about my spelling. I think I picked you up wrong. I apologise.

• 83 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM

yeah mark i used that as an example lol you must no nothing about football too!
    i think with arfa we have to persevere with him in the hole
    and with tiote sisko an anita we should be ok in protecting that but on sat anita had a shocker caught out all over the place

but keep with it, arfa and the rest will show it’ll work imo

• 84 kevymartins // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM

A pound coin was thrown onto the pitch at Ibrox. Police are trying to determine whether it was a missile or a takeover bid.

• 85 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

BPC
    Who’s gone ultra defensive? Neville’s point is when the attacking full backs go forward the wingers need to cover

• 86 kevymartins // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

What’s the difference between Newcastle United and the Bermuda Triangle?

The Bermuda Triangle has three points.

• 87 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Bpc

i see your concerns, but for every dull game, there is a game with lots of goals. Some of the counter attacking football is impressively quick. Tonight, chelsea were playing the best attacking side in the prem, and jose did a job on them.

• 88 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Kevy @83
    Brilliant!!

• 89 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Malevolent Mike has been very lucky that the man he fired with out explanation introduced Graham Carr to the fold otherwise we might have Mick Harford on scouting duties.

• 90 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Tads

how dare you besmirch us

A DUEL, SIR!!!

• 91 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM

pipe down tads
    i was actually enjoying agreeing with someone on here for once! :)

• 92 kevymartins // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Amid all that talent in Manchester City’s midfield, Martin Demichelis looks like a competition winner who’s won the chance to take part.

I’ve just seen a Manchester United season ticket holder nailed to a tree.

I tried to free him but he said, “No, No, not until the end of the season!”

• 93 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:56 PM

jail remember he’s got an 8 year contract too tho which has been used to the absolute maximum these last 2 windows!!

• 94 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Kevy

All good teams seem to habe an unexplained player dont they? :D

Demichelis is pants. He is their boumsong!

• 95 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Some humility shown by blackley, obviously taking a leaf out of his younger brothers book, very refreshing and good for blog morale, an apology to Troysta and we’ll know you’re on the right track.

• 96 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Manx,
    ???

• 97 voodoo85 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Joe Kinnear resigns !!!

• 98 voodoo85 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Sky Sports News ?@SkySportsNews 3m
    Joe Kinnear resigns as Newcastle director of football. More on #SSN

• 99 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Voodoo,
    At eleven o clock ?

• 100 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM

jail i hoped you’d know i was being highly sarcastic lol

• 101 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Kevy
    Aye Demichelis is an awful player, really strange signing terrible defender and had no business playing in midfield!
    Rodwell must be going in the summer if there choosing a CB over him

• 102 voodoo85 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Yep, at 11 o’clock Jail

• 103 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM

GET IN !

1 down, 2 to go .

• 104 spudzzz // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Get the champagne out…..Kinnear resigns….hahahahaha

• 105 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:09 PM

wat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????
    is that true!?

• 106 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM

YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

@DeadlineDayLive: Joe Kinnear has resigned as Newcastle’s director of football. (Source: http://t.co/jX3JbiEjtU)

Happy fcuking days!!!!

• 107 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM

He’s out of our club
    He’s out of our club
    One of the fat cockney b*stards is out of our club

• 108 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM

True! Something had to give.

• 109 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

haha pitty it wasn’t 4 weeks earlier tho hey!?

• 110 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

JFA
    It’s on the club website!

• 111 toon22 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM

The only decent thing he did while DOF

• 112 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Voodoo,
    Cheers for that, I wonder how much that has got to do with the 4K season tickets cancelled today or he didn’t realise how much ‘Mikey’ expected him to be shit on.

• 113 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM

What a laugh! Wor lass says “He didn’t sign a single player, did he?”

• 114 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM

oh and catchy theres another of your claims gone! :)

• 115 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM

defo an avid follower of the blog then mr kinnear

• 116 FinnBarr // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Maybe there is a God up there after all!

• 117 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Anyone else feel this is another master stroke by the fat puppet master by trying to show he is annoyed Kinnear brought no one in and he has got rid ?

Its like a hit man tying up lose ends by killing witnesses FFS . Not fooling me like

• 118 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM

right lads how long before he phones in pissed!!!??

• 119 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM

pfm – ‘the western’ gets played as victory song at high spl levels in my gaff

• 120 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:16 PM

“Coming soon to cinemas nationwide, Joe Kinnear is…………………The Fall Guy”

• 121 kevymartins // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Wtf There must be something not right at the club if even JFK can’t stick it and resigns. He will probaly come out in a few days and say he did not get the funds he was promised or something.

• 122 Spreadthetoon // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Good news that JFK has gone. But boy did he do a lot of damage to us in a very short period of time. What a waste of space he was.

• 123 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM

he’ll be back in the morn claiming he put the wrong name on the email

• 124 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM

There’s no real statement on the website which is odd and the club have said they won’t comment any further so it’s not clear if he’s walked, been pushed or picked up a nice cushy pay check for carrying out his orders to the letter

• 125 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Jail
    I felt bad when I realised that it was a well intentioned remark and not another smart arse comment that you sometimes get on here.

where did you get the 4k figure from?

• 126 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM

he was trying to forge pards resignation and used his own name hahaha

• 127 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM

I hope to higher powers that this is not scripted and we’ll find out why he’s quit, more likely we’ll hear health reasons.

• 128 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM

well after seeing o’leary on the last transfer show and being called “good mates” with him he’ll be our next you heard it here 1st

i just hope ashley didn’t see my bring back lamearse post the other day and take it seriously!!

but to be serious this just shows wat a shambles this club is at the mo infact laughing stock comes to mind

• 129 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM

tads, you mean get ash through another window ?

• 130 wolfshead@toon // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM

@125

lmao

• 131 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Catchy
    Who will Mashley use to force Pardew out now?

Thank fcuk he’s gone before he appointed any back room staff

That being said he should never of had a job in the first place

• 132 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:23 PM

suppose you could be on to something, keep getting a joey boy in before every window and then blaming it on them when the window shuts. Sacking them or pushing for resignation when its over

• 133 croftus5678 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:24 PM

think this is what we needed in order to find any hope that it was all jokes fault (even though i’m pretty sure it was ashley at least theres a chance i could be wrong)

so do we wait till next window ? not convinced myself ! still an armchair supporter for hopefully the rest of the season if my willpower hold out and hopefully they will get some ambition if the crowd drops.

• 134 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Joe Kinnear is trending worldwide on twitter :) .

• 135 Beattie25 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM

This is too perfect from Ashley’s point of view.

Pardew is now absolved of all blame in man peoples eyes despite being the spineless coward that he is.

Ashley now has eyes taken from him for a short period of time as people mutter over Kinnears apparent failure.

All whilst those clever enough to see that this was the plan all along say touche to that fat fcuk Ashley.

No signings, safety in the PL and the club in too much turmoil to fight for Europa means that he has won yet again.

This should be a spark to light a fire of discontent from te fans to really drive home the fury and ensure that Joe takes Alan and Mike with him.

Sadly I feel too many will think ‘job done’ and take Kinnear resigning as a victory.

It is, but only one person has won this evening.

• 136 brklyngeordie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM

so obvious this was the plan all along knowing we were going to sell Yohan in January and make no moves this season at all and Ashley hires this loser to make a quick pound fuck off and be the fall guy Kinnear had no probs with taking this right up the ass

• 137 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:26 PM

bpc hahaa joes gone global.

• 138 Belfast // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Smoke and mirrors Jail.

Trying to take the heat of himself.

• 139 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Blackley,
    I’m sorry, I don’t quite understand the first bit, but somebody said earlier they’d read on Facebook that there’d been 4K cancellations.

• 140 archaeomag // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:28 PM

JFK has resigned !!!

• 141 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:28 PM

FFS

I GO MISSING FOR HALF AN HOUR, AND JFK RESIGNS.

• 142 brklyngeordie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:28 PM

1 by 1 they fall now for Humpty Dumpty #mikeashleyout

• 143 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:29 PM

trust an archaeologist to come in late to the party !!

• 144 toon22 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:29 PM

I think alot of people wont get caught out with the small print on the season ticket renwals this time.

• 145 Belfast // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Lets think of a way that we can make those angry fans not so angry.

Bye bye Joe.

Wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them.

• 146 The Atlanta Geordie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:31 PM

thank god kinnear resigned. stupidest Irishman ever….

• 147 brklyngeordie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:31 PM

this was plan all along No signings this season and knew all along we were selling Cabs in January then all blame toward Kinnear was hired only to be the fall guy all along…Ashley you C**t your next!!

• 148 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Markaccus
    Well get lost for another half hour and hopefully someone will have bought the club

• 149 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Beattie

I heard a rumour that Ashley offered jfk the job while he was p1ssed, and did not have the heart to sack a mate. This could be the fall out.

• 150 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Wor Al just had a veiled attack on Mike, not Mikey funnily enough and Hartson reckons JfK couldn’t take the abuse he was getting on MOTD 2

• 151 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Ahem

JFK has resigned. Don’t say I didn’t say it might happen…

I said either he’s crap at his job and needs to leave or MA isn’t allowing him to do his job so he needs to have the balls to leave.

I wonder if we’ll find out which. Either way, it forces MA’s hand now!

• 152 toon22 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:35 PM

If they think the departure of the stupid c**t is going to quell the discontent they are sadly mistaken.

• 153 Beattie25 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Markaccus
    Ashley only has a concept of self worth and doesn’t realise or care that decisions like hiring JFK not only disrupts a football club but the subsequent fallout also damages peoples lives.

I knew that this was the case already but that (whilst imo unlikely) just backs up all assumptions.

• 154 Ciaran // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:37 PM

We can go around hurling around insults and false rumours but can we please not go around calling Kinnear an Irish man. Please?

• 155 Munster Mag // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Llambias on way back!

• 156 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM

@MsiDouglas: Kinnear didn’t speak to Pardew for days after the West Ham win. Said last week that his days seemed numbered: http://t.co/Sf2thd0g2E

@MsiDouglas: Absolutely atrocious decision to bring him back. He just couldn’t do it. Ashley had been wavering for a while now, now JK has walked. #nufc

@cwarr07: Don’t be surprised if this leads to the return of Llambias #NUFC

• 157 p // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I don’t think this means a lot, maybe he was sick, maybe he was annoyed he could not do his job because of no funds.

If he was not sacked it suggests he did not leave for not failing to sign someone which would be perhaps the most reassuring reason.

• 158 Beattie25 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM

All we need know is a Russian knight in shining armour.

Upon a golden steed, riding forth to be our saviour.

Alexei Mordashov I call upon you.

• 159 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:39 PM

tads, Belfast,
    Smoke and mirrors most possibly, has he carried out the perfect blag and last pay off or is Ashley that clueless in the footballing world that he’s pushed his second patsy too far.

• 160 Belfast // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:39 PM

This is also a nail in Pardews coffin imo.

A lot of fans only back Pardew because they think Kinnear will replace him.

Interesting…

• 161 Beattie25 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Also, as people ar pointing out on Twitter.

Kinnear going means no more:

”But if Pardew gets sacked, Kinnear will take his place…”

• 162 Beattie25 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Yes Belfast, indeed.

• 163 Markaccus // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Tads

you could have left cwarrs post off. He is full of absolute sh1te :D

• 164 Sydney Toon // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Finally! A step in the right direction, even though we have now gone backwards, what Ashley does next will be interesting.
    Somebody had to be accountable, and its obvious that its a “voluntary” resignation from JK. Similar to Llambias, its obvious that Ashley has pushed JK out, obviously there was a workable budget provided otherwise JK would still be in the job, with De Jong in as a loan signing, which is actually good business.
    A DoF only works when there is a young coach in charge, like Cortese and Pochettino at Southampton. A project that will continue to reap rewards.
    It will be interesting to see which way we go. Will Ashley bring in a CAPABLE DoF and interview a number of candidates?
    Will he go back to the CEO model, but giving Pardew control over transfers, which I believe is what he will now do.
    Will we see the evil & cunning side of Ashley, not the wanker side which brought in Kinnear, and bring in Cortese and convince Pochettino to jump ship to rejoin him at a bigger club, larger resources and a transfer kitty to build on a good quality top 8 side.

Or will he be preparing for an imminent sale of the club, will he take full control himself of things? Will Carr be elevated to DoF which would be interesting and increasing the scout network.

IMO I think he will go back to the CEO arrangement, give Pardew control on transfers and increase the Scout network. Cortese anyone?? Bring back Mort anyone?? Could we be seeing a club in full rebuilding in the Summer, new CEO, new Manager, new Players… Has Ashley decided to start all over again??

Too many questions…. BUT the best news is that JFK is gone, Pardew we know is on the edge of either being sacked or backed like never before at NUFC.

Exciting times ahead!

• 165 Belfast // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Wouldn’t want that little swine back either.

Slimey Dekka, no thanks

• 166 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:42 PM

The conspiracy theorists are quick off the mark. Usually the best view is the straightforward one: incompetent and naive appointment in the first place. The fans called it then and its been borne out.

• 167 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM

@BBCSport: Alan Shearer on Joe Kinnear’s resignation at #NUFC “I’m not sure what he did there anyway” http://t.co/XE5SUGHnB5 http://t.co/HwULEkwy1b

• 168 Norlinsen // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Guys, check out this picture, I really laughed out loud of this one. Clown Kinnear!

• 169 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:44 PM

“Kinnear was a controversial appointment by owner Mike Ashley in June last year, with his main role to identify new playing talent”

• 170 voodoo85 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:44 PM

@152

Just read tonight that LLambias in interested in returning to football and could be interested in the Southampton DOF like role but an advisor to Ashley is also a possibility

exact quote: “In the background, Derek Llambias remains keen to get back into football. He is open to moving to Southampton to work for the Liebherrsw but he knows Ashley and the prospect of a return – maybe even in an advisory context – is not the most far-fetched suggestion.”

from: http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/agenda-yohan-cabaye-departure-leaves-6648214

• 171 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Markaccus
    I know but he makes me laugh!

Well seems he’s resigned, so not pushed for being a useless lump

• 172 Jail for Ashley // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:45 PM

There’s a whole Rubiks cube of possibilities of why he’s apparently rapped, but unless he gets pissed up and tells us we’ve got no chance of finding out.

• 173 SlicRic // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:45 PM

So hands up who thinks we will get a proper DOF ???? anybody
    more than likely the FCB’s chopper will be bring Dekka back to the club

• 174 Thump // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM

One down, two to go.

• 175 Belfast // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Yes Beattie indeed lol

Mikey just removed Pardews armbands.

• 176 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Beattie it wont mean the end of the joe for manager fears so long as joe still breathes

• 177 p // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:48 PM

with any luck JFK will phone up talksport tonight half cut and give us a laugh

• 178 Belfast // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:48 PM

And his rubber ring…

• 179 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:48 PM

2 scenarios

1 – MA genuinely wanted a Cabaye replacement and has forced JFK to resign as he didn’t do his job properly
    2 – JFK was trying really hard to do his job but has resigned because MA’s restrictions made it impossible

Announcements over the next few days and the next appointment will tell us a lot about MA’s real ambitions for the club.

• 180 Beattie25 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Could be the best swerve in all history.

Ashley say to Derek Llambias ‘No signings this season’

Derek says ‘I’m not prepared to face the fans wrath’

Ashley says ‘Well we need someone who will’

Derek says ‘How about I resign and you get someone in to replace me, then when they resign I’ll come back. That way I’ll have a positive image like a returning hero and you won’t have to spend any money on transfers’

Ashley says ‘That’s genius, and I know just the fella.’

• 181 Toon Tang // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:48 PM

would rather see Vern off skint in the DOF role than that tit with the groucho disguise on

• 182 manxpie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:49 PM

there could be a buyer lined up but he said (in a strongly offensive foreign language) “i’ll buy it asloooooooong as the best player is sold AND the best DOF in the world in alllll of history is sacked!!

• 183 Beattie25 // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Blackley

Why are you still typing?

Get out there, find Kinnear and drive a steak through his heart

• 184 Graeme // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:51 PM

What wonderful news – Absolutely delighted to see the idjit leave NUFC – he should never have been brought back.

• 185 AaranD // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM

So he resigns days after the window closes, the reason being Ashley said there is a budget and doesn’t like the lack of signings…
    Might be me being cynical but I think Kinnear has done his job for Ashley and brought no one in, Ashley to sell up soon!

• 186 archaeomag // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM

SHOCK HORROR – Maybe MA does give a F’F’ – oh no he resigned – he was not sacked !

• 187 kevymartins // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM

If I feel this good that jfk resigned I could not imagine whar it would feel like if someone took over.

• 188 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:54 PM

archaeomag

Doesn’t mean a thing. Especially as they’re apparently mates. MA could have suggested that JFK resign.

Like I said, the next move will tell us a lot…

• 189 yorkymag // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM

One down two to go
    Get in

• 190 Belfast // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Yes Aaran, I agree.

• 191 archaeomag // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM

@TDS
    Just looking for a positive; I would like to think MA sacked him.

• 192 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM

@nufcfans: Interesting suggestion from @Guus_Rotink, was it Pardew who pushed Kinnear out? Clearly seems to be some tension re: transfers. #NUFC

@nufcfans: AP quote: “You know, if I was in charge, solely, of transfers, the answer might be different, but I’m not.” #NUFC

• 193 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 3, 2014 at 11:59 PM

I have it on good authority that mikey didnt push him. No, joe got wind that ciaran was assembling the magnificent seven and he thought better of it.

• 194 Sydney Toon // Feb 4, 2014 at 12:34 AM

About time!
    To me, IMO, this is the same as Llambias situation, both didn’t do the jobs they were asked to do, both failed, more so Kinnear than Llambias. Kinnear was pushed, surely!
    Now comes the interesting next few days. Has a replacement been lined up and knowing Ashley’s past, there will be somebody lined up.
    There are some great Football CEO’s out there and also great DoF out there.
    The obvious comes to mind would be Nicola Cortese, but where would that leave Pardew?
    Just a slight left field option… Would Carr be appointed to DoF, he has the experience and respect of Ashley and Pardew?
    Will Pardew get full control, which appears to be the easiest option, one that makes Ashley nervous but ultimately brings 1 person accountable not a few.

previous post: Mike Ashley’s New Five Year Plan For Newcastle