Mike Ashley Furious At Alan Pardew And Defeat By Sunderland

Newcastle’s owner Mike Ashley is said to be furious with manager Alan Pardew, for Newcastle’s third straight defeat against Sunderland for the first time in 91 years, and it was the second time in succession that we have lost 3-0 at St. James’ Park.

mike ashley 987

Mike Ashley – furious about Sunderland loss

But it doesn’t seem to us  the Newcastle manager has had too much help from the owner, after he sold Yohan Cabaye to PSG last week, didn’t replace him, and there was no sign of Mike Ashley or his conduit Director of Football Joe Kinnear, at St. James’ Park on Saturday.

But after what has happened last week, it would take a ruthless and thoughtless owner to fire the manager, after he has just sold his best player and not replaced him.

So it looks like that is possible.

Alan Pardew has made it clear all this season, and  last month too, that selling Yohan Cabaye without bringing in a replacement would be a mistake – but that’s exactly what Mike Ashley did.

Rather than sacking Alan Pardew, maybe Mike should be explaining to the Newcastle fan base –  what he was doing last week when he  weakened Newcastle’s side for the rest of this season.

This is some of what Alan Pardew has said about the situation today:

“I’m a professional manager.”  “If I was in charge, solely, of transfers things might be different but I’m not. I think I’ve made my opinions very clear this week and all the rest of it is confidential.”

That’s as close as Alan can get to laying the blame for the mess squarely at Mike Ashley’s feet.

It would be a bit rich if Alan Pardew is fired, and while we don’t expect that to happen, we wouldn’t be surprised at anything Mike Ashley does, given his mistake ridden tenure of Newcastle United over the last six and a half years.

The Newcastle fans are simply furious  with everything that has gone on this last week, topped off by another  humiliating 3-0 defeat at home by Sunderland, for the second season running.

It seems the owner is furious too.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Toon Tang

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM

hahahahaha furious

• Graeme

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Ciaren, @ 35, previous post – that comment is absolutely 100% correct, it is so easy to recognise a writing style, the way people use words.

• expatmag

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:09 AM

well, this is interesting. I wonder where ED got this information from.

I must admit that Pardew has look disconsolate in interviews since last Thursday and the next few days should be interesting.

Isnt Laudrup leaving Swansea? maybe Malky Mackay or Steve Clarke. Would they be any better?

• TurkishFan101

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Blackley and Brownlie

“You protest too much – and ironically with homophobic language.”

It’s time for you to leave the blog before you get banned, because you obviously are looking for some trouble.

• Toon Tang

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM

its a large intertwining web of bullshit, it really is. Im pretty sure soon they are going to start forgetting what the next has said or accidentally let slip a bit of info they shouldn’t. Once this has taken place, the whole house of cards will tumble leaving the truth exposed to the light of day.

• Schwefelberg

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Next Quater must be the Springboard of our Discontent!!

• Blackley and Brownlie

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Graeme

I felt sorry for poor Ian at the time. I just thought the usual voices were paranoid. I tended to believe him because I know what it’s like. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ciaran (or is it Ruddy?) thinks I’m Ian re-incarnate FFS.

• Graeme

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Sacking Pardew for Saturdays result would be an absolute disgrace. Mr Ashley, the only person to blame for the result is the man you will see in the shaving mirror in the morning.

I am no real lover of Pardew, or his tictacs, as many will atest, but to sack him for Saturday’s result is scandalous, if not scurrilous – the act of a coward.

• TurkishFan101

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I hope if we sell Cisse as well for £10m which I do not look forward to as I believe he still has something to offer, this would mean Mike Ashley is trying to recoup everything he can + the big mega TV money deal to sell the club off in the summer?

• expatmag

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM

BLACKLEY

Personally, your usage of the term doesn’t bother me but it seems to be antagonistic to others.

If it were me, I would just change the term for the sake of upsetting others, no matter how pithy you may feel they are being.

If you get my drift.

• Toon-Prodigy

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM

He’s got some nerve Ashley like..

If he is infact furious, it will only be as half as i am at him!

• Graeme

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM

B&B – I speak only in terms of the fact that his comment on the use of words, the manner in which they are used, the sequence in which they are used, can be most distinctive.

I have and desire, no involvement in your individual dispute whatsoever.

• Belfast

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Not a fan of Pardew, but I don’t think there’s a big enough mug out there that would be willing to sell their soul to these mugs.

• expatmag

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Looking at Saturdays game and why were so pathetic and why I have a certain amount of sympathy for Pardew.

Firstly, he has lost virtually the spine of his team as he sees it with Colo injured, Csbaye sold and Remy suspended. Furthermore, then injuries to Gouffran and Cisse left his selection thnreadbare. Even Obertan was injured although he would not have been a miss.

His week would have been tumultuous with the Norwich game we should have won, Cabaye gone and Remy suspended and the fascvt their were no incomings.

De Jong was clearly unfit and Ameobi limited so his options were further affected.

When he was interviewed pre match on Thursday, he looked exhausdted and the fasct that he gets little support from above and they couldn’t even attend the match never mind taking any pressure off him is scandalous.

For his own self respect and health, he should just say, sod it and walk out.

• expatmag

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:24 AM

BELFAST

It would appear to be like that but remember, there are a number of managers out there who would sell their soul to manage NUFC and haven’t been working for a number of years. Think of O’Leary etc and that is the standard we would get.

• Belfast

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Very fishy that he hasn’t walked out by now. Must have signed a shity contract, and they have him by the balls.

• expatmag

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:29 AM

well, see you guys later

• Graeme

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:29 AM

expat @ 15 O’leary isnt fit to manage a run down fish & chippy mate.

• Uncertain Toon

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Sack Pardew and let JFK run the team till the summer.
    We’re not goin to get relegated so lets have a laugh at JFK’s interviews!

• Belfast

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Yeah we would get another manager, who’s out of work, and desperate for a job no doubt.

But I don’t think we could attract anybody who’s stock is high.

• Belfast

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:34 AM

I think that Graham Carr would probably step in before kinnear would tbh

Heart attack Jack would be back in a & e after the first week.

• i

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:39 AM

What I find most depressing about the current situation/regime is I can’t see how it can end?
    If you sack Pardew, you get JK as manager. Which has to be worse. If JK’s health failed, MA would just find somebody as equally as bad.
    Ashley will never sell, as he is owed about £250,000,000 and he will get nowhere near that if he sold. Plus why would he want too as he gets free advertising for SD.
    What the protest/boycott brigade need to remember is all that would achieve is more free publicity. You are dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t. That is what he wants.
    All I can see is a relegation scraps every year, with the occasional season of mid table mediocrity to break it up. With every decent player being sold as soon as anybody offers enough money.

• Graeme

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Belfast – what has A&E done to deserve that A’hole turning up??

• ErnestHemingway

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:44 AM

where has ed got this story from? does he know this for a fact?

cos i reckon ashley doesnt give a flying f**k.

• ErnestHemingway

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:47 AM

The longer Pardew stays, the less sympathy i have for him. He is becoming more of a patsy by the day. If he had any self respect, he would walk away from this club.

• Laurent Robert 32

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:52 AM

If Pardew got his own signings it would be a mix between a Pulis and Allardyce side with ordinary players, and it would be dreadful.

He’s lucky that Graham Carr is providing him with players who can mask his inability to manage at the required level by taking good shots from range.

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM

AP’s position is very difficult. He is continually undermined. It’s not his fault nor the players. Support the team not the regime. Ashley should sell the club if he is unwilling to invest and yes that means SOMETIMES paying the market price or a little bit more. I cannot imagine our reputation is that good in France right now! I’m sure Niafron could tell via what the mood in France is. Shambolic running of a football club. AP is just being hung out to dry.

• petey

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:00 AM

Pardew isn’t the problem. He got us into Europe one season and helped the players cope with a busy following season without reinforcements. Pardew doesn’t make signings the way this club is run and I think he is doing a good job getting all sorts of playing styles to fit in.

In saying that I don’t think he is the manager to take us forward either if Ashley has the policies he does. We need more of a tactician. The likes of laudrup for example. Maybe guardiola is interested 😀

• Toon-Prodigy

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:03 AM

It’s a sad state of affairs when the owner is actually spoken about more than the team.

• Graeme

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Spread – how do you do that? It sounds nice, but in reallity, HOW?
    Everytime you buy a ticket, a programme, a beer, a burger, a coke etc etc, you are supporting Mike Ashley & THE Regime.

There is simply no way you can turn up at SJP and NOT support THE REGIME. That is what he is banking on – it doesnt matter what he does, what pain he causes, what anger he creates – 50,000 will turn up, twice a month and pay him for the priviledge of being there.

It is 100% his modis operandi – he KNOWS he can screw you over, he can piss you off, he can destroy your dream – but, next home game, YOU will be there, begging him to take your money.
    Just how STUPID is that??

• petey

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Spot on toon prodigy. I hate to admit it though he has seemingly done a good job at the financial side if things. I’m hoping his plan is just to get us totally out of dept and sell the club for more than he purchased it because of that lack of dept. A profit making business is enticing to anyone.

Is that rich Indian bloke still around? :-p

• MacToon

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:11 AM

What a long day. A few points I’ve seen mentioned:

The club did not get academy category 1 status, obvious I know but they would certainly be crowing about if the had!

It is true that Ashley is actively selly the club’s land assets. I had heard about the land infront of Shearers bar to Nexus but not about Pitt St, worth a look into I think and if the club had made a “gift” of these assets to other companies before sold.

Only 2 loan signings all season, although a record I believe for the prem league, might, with luck, mean the beginning of the end of Ashley? Oh I can dream can’t I! and include the “asset stripping” too.

JFK, I was told, is here purely as a go-between between the club and Ashley, basically Ashley’s ears.

There seem to be alot of unhappy customers (understatement?) at SJP at the moment, wonder what the future holds……….

and finally, our friendly eggman the phantom shopping bag swinger seems to have gone quiet. No doubt Stockholm Syndrome can take it’s toll.

• Sav

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Hemmingway@25, that is what I was wondering. Mashley never says peep to the fans or the papers. In fact he has appointed that total waster Kinnear to stand between him and Pardew, and now he has appointed a pain-in-the-butt so-called Press and PR Officer to write JFKs script so he doesn’t cause any further f**k-ups. Of course, if he or Kinnear bothered to turn up to the match, perhaps we could read something from his demeanour or his body-language, but of course, he didn’t. In these circumstances of total black-out, can someone tell me how the hell anyone knows Mashley is furious with Pardew? And if there IS such a direct conduit to the owner, could I suggest (respectfully) we shove a long middle finger up it? This article is so much tosh it could have been written by S****s D****t Media. That is how spurious it is.

• Graeme

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Sav @ 33 – It probably was written by SD Media!! Now what??

• musomag

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Where did this information come from Ed?

Rather than being furious, I would find it more believable if the post read ‘Mike Ashley is HUNGRY’

• lochinvar

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Was Ashley at the match protecting his interests ? I didn’t think so,. Presumably Kinnear was setting off to start negotiations with new players not realising that the window and the shutters had closed.
    All for one (Ma self) and none for all ( rest of us )

• Toon-Prodigy

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Petey,

God knows. I’v forgotten his name. Was it Ambani or something.

We can always dream eh!

Why would anyone want to buy us though? The whole club seems a mess right now to me. It would take a major revamp.

Unhappy supporters, no ambition, no signings. I wonder what we look like to the neutral or any prospective buyers right now.

Only someone with a great love for the club would touch us and sort out this sorry mess. Sadly none of us can afford it.

The books maybe fine and we may well be cleared of debts but where is the fun and entertainment for the football fan?

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Graeme
    Agree but I guess banners are a start.

If MA is stripping the club he could be acting outside the memorandum of association, and I guess he could be legally challenged against any other asset sales. All companies have these along with articles of association. If MA is acting outside these boundaries then his hand could be forced unless he could clearly state and evidence is was for the benefit of the company / club. I guess that would be a start.

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Night peeps.

• lesh

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:38 AM

Uncertain Toon…. Get a grip man! Do you really think the mess the club’s in would be improved by installing Kinnear as manager would be a laugh? Kinnear’s behaviour has been anything but funny.

Uncertain, you’ve got a strange sense of humour – unless of course you’re one of those hanging onto Sunderland’s day of glory. I won’t even give your opinion any credibility as no real football supporter would say such a childish thing. Grow up!

As far as Pardew’s concerned, he may not be the best coach in the world but when he deecribes himself as a professional manager, I’d say that is a very apt description. He has behaved impecably under extremely difficult circumstances when he’s been undermined by an owner who appears to know little about football or people management and has given him little, if any, public support when times have been tough.

He’s had a crude and out of touch Director of Football foisted on him, a man who had been an embarresment to Newcastle United ftom the first dsy he was dumped into St James’s Park. Kinnear’s provided Pardew with no support – not even having the decency to own up to the Cabaye debacle and the sooner he slings his hook, the better!

Ir better still, if Ashley had any sense and a sense of decency, he’d have sacked Kinnear months ago.

Give Pardew a break because the longer fans’ ire is directed at him, the longer Ashley and his performing chimpanzee Kinnear get away with inflicting yet more damage on Newcastle United!