Newcastle Defeats To Sunderland Even Worse Than Back In 1923

In the three successive games Newcastle lost from 1922 through 1923 we lost 2-0, 3-2 and 2-0 so in those three successive defeats 91 years ago, we conceded seven goals and scored two goals.

sunderland fc emblem

These are the dates and venue of those three successive defeats way back when:

11th November 1922 Sunderland 2 Newcastle 0 - Roker Park
15th December 1923 Sunderland 3 Newcastle 2 - Roker Park
22nd December 1923 Newcastle 0 Sunderland 2 - St. James' Park

This time we conceded eight goals and scored only one goal in the three successive defeats.

The other thing that is worse this time around is that two of our defeats – both by 3-0 – have been at St. James’ Park,  whereas back then, two of the defeats were away at the old Roker Park.

So we have equaled the worst record in consecutive games against Sunderland ever – and it currently stands at three defeats in a row.

Now we have to wonder what will happen next season? 🙁

Comment welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Big Pappa Cissé

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Another feather in Pardews cap for abysmal records as NUFC .

• Belfast

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:11 AM

He’s certainly breaking records.

All the wrong ones though lol

• TurkishFan101

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Tads

No, the Gareth Bale quote from the Mirror is about his move before he just went to Real Mardrid, there was rumours on the same night that Joe Kinnear enquiered and went as far as seeing Levy for Bale, untill he got told how much lol..

Black and White with an army lol

Haha, yeah mate same. I thought I was dreaming then I realised I live in a dream enough as it is with the Looney Circus in charge. I could not believe it, Mike Ashley wouldnt even sanction transfers of over £10m, so Joe Kinnear talks to Levy and tells him hes going to be buying Gareth Bale LOL 😀

Joe Kinnear: “Ey Mikey, I hadent heard from you ina while you tosser, we fakin buying garif bayle or wot? the blady geezer Levy said we offer him X Y and Z and its ours you heard? you blady know I am capable of piking the fone up to Sir Smelex fegisin, the nufc fans will be kissing your blady feet you cockney pleb. Alrighty mikey, dey blady want £85 mil, naw I know the maney aint a problem to ya mikey so oughtta spend naw and make big wonga in the future.

Ey mikey, mikey you dere..???? *the blady fat cockney pie shat the fone on me that faking d!ck, who does he fink he is, you’re faking dealing with Joe F@cking kinnear you fak off!*

• AMEOBI

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Really? Just after a full day of abuse from the scum. You decide to update records on the same subject. Thanks Ed haha

• TurkishFan101

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Good night lads, hope to wake up to some good news about our club being sold!!

• TurkishFan101

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Before I go, quote from Tevez when he was at West Ham and how Pardew still adapts to his same tactical mistakes and line ups picked.

Tevez:

“In Argentina or Brazil he would have been out long ago. It was clear the team did not react as he wanted — it wasn’t going right.

“I was never given the chances I thought I would be given and I was told to play out of position against my will.

“I had to sacrifice myself for the team which I don’t think helped. I was playing in ways I did not understand well and I lost a lot from my own game.

“It didn’t fit where he put me, but I wanted to help.”

• Ancientcoptic

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:25 AM

More sewing the seeds of discontent. *sigh*

• TurkishFan101

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:26 AM

So fans, please think twice before wanting a player like Cisse out…

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Turkish…That post just killed a little bit of me.

• TurkishFan101

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Ibiza

Which one? Sorry I didn’t want to kill anything out of anyone 🙁

• Big Pappa Cissé

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:37 AM

@ Turkish

Lol, “kissing your baldy feet” 🙂 .

Great stuff .

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Turkish…Only playing…I mentioned earlier about never wanting to see Tevez’ comments about Pardew posted on here….It took about an hour 🙂

Take it easy.

• spitfire_

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Just leave it, Ed… ffs…

• ONLINE GUY

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:39 AM

BandB

despite your (best)? nay … you can do better.. attempts to get me to bite ..and I seen what you did there ..I decided discretion was the better part of valour or keyboard wickedness….

I used to play Football to a Decent level and do know a few people in the game .

I can hazard an educated ..well sort of , guess, that you have contact with a few folks we are all aware of in your day job ..Daily Basis.

I mentioned a few people in the real world ..telling you just how it is, my Daughters Etc..its easy for me to tell you ..Its just how it is ..I cant change it ..and would not want to ..its just some people talking ..nothing spectacular ..that’s life .

I will never have a pop at you because in the premier league of posters I think your the best here . Really. )

Despite you attempts to take the p*ss

Or to you I feel I should say ..Extract the Michael. x

• ONLINE GUY

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Manxpie

your a bit trivial .. can you nott see I was extending the olive branch after you started that ruck a few months back …IN fact we were having a laugh about it if mem serves . Dont give me any more of your cheek ..You seem to need a few people to join in with you when your sniping ..is that a trait that RUNS in your family ?BBAAAAA

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Online…Oh right, no not at all. Was a comment about itk’s being more entertaining when they forget what they’ve said in the past, wasn’t actually talking about you…even if it was in response to a post about ya.

However, please do keep a close eye on me, it makes me feel safer x

P.S. Weren’t you telling me about some musical project some time back that was all hush hush?!? Or have I got the wrong poster?

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Sniper Sheep you say?

Would make Wales a deadly force 🙂

• TurkishFan101

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Ibiza

Haha ok mate gn I’m genuinely going off now,

BPC

Gn to you too lol

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Turkish…May I suggest refrigeration?

Goodnight 🙂

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Online..I mentioned you to try and demonstrate I wasn’t talking about you – Seems to have worked well 🙂

Well come on mate, the suspense is killing me! Any idea on timelines?

Weren’t you based in the states before or was it more visiting for said project?

You might as well let me have your inside leg measurement whilst you’re at it.

• ONLINE GUY

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Ibiza…it just that you mentioned my name in conjunction with what you were saying .

yes that’s me..been at it 5 years and counting ..I have everything in order now ..still cant say much,

Karma and all that .. biting me lip to not tell you though. shucks..let me know if you read this as there’s a new page starting up ..tell me on the new page mate x

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Wow…check me out…mystic Ibiza!

• ONLINE GUY

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Manxpie ……..come hither………don’t run off

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Yeah Manx…stop quivering behind my fence…

• ONLINE GUY

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Well iTs late and Iv got Cabin fever ..Ibiza I was on a working Holiday really strange but interesting .. and beneficial..

Iv seen some arguments on here last few weeks ..I usually give them a wide berth ..but tonight was special ..lt was full of cowardly little comments and people backing up their cronies …I love it when that occurs ..as I know I’m dealing with whimpering little snotty nosed freak’s. What a hoot !!!!. nite Ibiza. x

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Online…As long as I am included in that list of whimpering little snotty nosed freaks, then I am happy!

And yes, I mean “I am” and not “I am not”.

Do keep me posted when you can.

Sweet dreams blog protector of the innocent and weak x

• Mister Tuff

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:14 AM

TDS – I believe you are off line -so at your leisure can you give further details about your previous statement as follows :-
    “Just as it is illegal for a company to phone up your previous employers and for them to say you were crap at your job.”
    An quote of the Act and section would do nicely.
    I have an interest in legal matters so eagerly await your reply.

• Mister Tuff

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:15 AM

error
    an quote =a quote

• Thump

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Nothing like cheering us all up, eh Ed?

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Tuff…Have to say that was has been scratching my head.

How can that be illegal? Making up false complaints? Sure…that would be slander (to the best of my limited legal knowledge)…but does that mean you can never get a bad reference? I think not.

Thump…To be fair, people have been getting well carried away and upbeat, it’s about time they were brought back down to Earth.

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:21 AM

that one*, not “was”.

• Mister Tuff

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Ibiza -morning – it would be my understanding that it would not be illegal – with having a reasonable understanding of matters legal, I know of no laws in the UK stating such a practice is unlawful. Hence I keenly await TDS’s response.

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Tuff…Should be interesting to find out about. No sarcasm intended…not sure I can pull that off.

May I ask then, what is your professional field?

• nufcusa

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Please refrain from writing bull shit blog posts that have no relevance and serve no purpose.

Thanks

• Mister Tuff

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Ibiza – been involved with legal matters all my life – most recently a fraud investigator.

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:58 AM

Tuff…Is that an answer to your profession or admitting you’re a naughty boy? 😉

Anyway, off to go and deal with some fraud of my own…should I clear that statement up a bit? Nah, what’s the worst that could happen?

*Knock knock*

• Mister Tuff

Feb 5, 2014 at 2:12 AM

ibiza – how could you think otherwise – I’ve always been on the “right side”.

• HAZZY1

Feb 5, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Ive not been on for a while because im so angry I didnt know how to get my point across but ive heard some news that MA wont back Pards because he has been in touch with Landrup and reps about taking over and buying the players he wants in the summer TVmoney and Cabs money =60m+ ive heard Landrup will go back to swansea for a few first team players he knows and works well with im not saying im ITK but I thought it would make sense why Joe has been sacked then Landrup next will be Pards?

• ramajama

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:49 AM

HAZZY1

Where did you hear this news from mate?

• Sydney Toon

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:22 AM

HAZZY1
    Now that is more optimistic than I am! So lets go one step further.. Cortese is hired as new MD/CEO and Laudrup brought to rebuild the squad.
    One can only dream about this but harsh reality I think will be that Carr and Pardew will have the reigns on transfers, we will see more players in but of a mix of youth and experience.