Injury Blow Suffered By Newcastle

Just when you thought things couldn’t get much worse at Newcastle, there’s news today that Cheick Tiote is doubtful for the game at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

cheick tiote man united

Cheick Tiote – doubtful for Saturday

The news coming through is that Cheick suffered an injury in training earlier this week, and he is currently doubtful for the game in west London on Saturday.

Tiote has done a decent job in captaining Newcastle in the absence of Fabricio Coloccini this year, but his loss on Saturday would be a big blow to the side, who are already weakened  because Coloccini and Loic Remy will also miss the game.

Fabricio Coloccini has been out with a knee injury since New Years’ Day, and is not expected to be fit for Saturday, and Loic Remy still has two games to serve of his three match ban for getting himself sent off at Norwich City.

We should hear more on Tiote’s  injury from manager Alan Pardew later today, when he holds his press conference for the Chelsea game, from the Benton Training headquarters.

And he is bound to be asked about Joe Kinnear’s dismissal, although he is unlikely to say much about that.

Newcastle do have Dan Gosling who could come in for Tiote, if he doesn’t make it, but the loss of Check will further weaken the side against Chelsea, who seem to be in good form after beating Manchester City 1-0 at the Etihad on Monday night.

And Alan Pardew is under significant pressure to get Newcastle playing well again, and picking up some points, after the latest humiliation at the hands of Sunderland last Saturday.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Slank

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:16 AM

REPOST

Ed, we could miss out on a lot of targets.

Likewise our rivals could miss out on a lot of their targets.
    Clubs in Europe could also miss out on a lot of their targets.

“Nil Desperandum!”

• croftus5678

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:19 AM

horrible thing to say but i fully expect us to lose against chelsea and spurs so i’m not looking for a result.

i’ll be looking at marv though if played and luuk to see what missing things they can bring.

• Slank

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Ed,

‘…just when you thought things couldn’t get much worse…’

I wouldn’t tempt fate.

There could always be a Brian McDermott moment with Joe!!

• MACKEMWARRIOR

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:23 AM

who would be in a combined sunderland and nufc team?

Manoone
    Bardsley Brown Colocini Santon
    Ki Tiote Sissoko
    Johnson Altidore Borini

that would be mine.

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Wtf is that smell?,a bit like chip pan fat,cigarette smoke and a hint of incest.

• 70TWO

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:34 AM

I’m not holding my breath but I’m still waiting for that press release which will set out what those in charge are in charge of. Do that the press conference today can be purely concerned with the Chelsea match, which is what Pardew is there for.

Surely there is a question in there for him, “So AP are you happy to be the only conduit of information from NUFC, or would you rather be talking about the football?”

• martoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Markaccus – from previous- apart from a cold I’m well thanks. I’d rather have Brand Beckham than Ashely owning Newcastle. I could just see Victoria living in Gateshead and if they had another kid they could call it Deckham Beckham 🙂

• Hatem's better than Messi

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Tiote out … who cares?

Season is over.
    No cups.
    No relegation.
    No chance of Europe.

We’re playing for what?

Same next season and the season after.

JFK – job done. Deflected shite. No players signed, star sold.

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Markaccus
    God can you imagine the joint Pardew and Beckham interviews!

Lol they’d be triffic!

• 70TWO

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:44 AM

If we can beat ManU and Spurs at home we have a chance at 6/7th place and European football. Which will attract the certain quality of player that we desire. The present squad should be motivated enough to show their own abilities and AP needs to stop being dependent on individuals. If they perform on the field and get the club in to a challenging position, then it is up to Ashley to carry the can.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:47 AM

lol

• Hatem's better than Messi

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:49 AM

No strikers … no one to create in midfield.

It’s a slow slide down the table for us – we’ll hardly win a match from now until the end of yet another miserable and pointless season.

• martoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Hatem’s better than Messi @8 – I care. I have a ST because I like to watch football and I like to watch NUFC win rather than lose. Realistically I don’t expect us to win anything but the occasional flirtation with Europe is nice which we can still achieve – admittedly it is going to be more difficult now but still possible.

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Forget about teams,what tactics would you go for v Chelsea?,Sam’s “19th century” football or have a go at them.

• Markaccus

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Dekham Bekham!! Hahahaha.

Tads

the interveiws would be less understandable than kenny dalgliesh on acid!

• Transfer Sage

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM

mackem

krul
    debuchy, wilo, mbiwa, alonso
    tiote, ki, anita
    johnson, remy, gouff

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Sage
    The sign clearly say’s “please don’t feed the monkey’s”.

• Markaccus

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Mackem

id swap bardsley for debuchey. Both players are red cards waiting to happen, but i think debuchey is slightly less likely and is better going forward. Id swap altidore for remy. And maybe anita (he was pants against you lot but is usually better than that) for sissoko. Id keep the rest of your players, especially the goaly.

• Markaccus

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Actually might stick alonso in for santon to be honest.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:03 AM

mojo

but i’ve already bought the nuts

• Markaccus

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Mojo

to be fair, the lad has come here for a footy discussion and a bit of freindly banter. He does not seem to be gloating (if he does he can f#ck off 😀 )

• Rebbeca from 7 miles away

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Reading through the las t few articles we all seem to be in a similar mood towards the current regime and I’d like to have my two pennies worth..

From what I’ve observed or the conclusion I have came to is Mike Ashley hasn’t made one mistake since he’s been here, what I mean is every decision has been calculated to a t.
    I don’t believe Ashley missed the debt the club was in before he purchased the club I think he knew about it and uses it as a excuse not to sell up or another reason we can’t compete financially.

The same tactic of smoke and mirrors is used every transfer window bar last January where we seem to I’d targets make a poor bid and end up without a player, this to me is either to appease so we think the clubs active in transfer market when really it isn’t.

JFK, the renaming of the ground etc are all done to take our eyes from his major plan, which I haven’t worked out yet. But when ever things seem to be going right there’s a spanner thrown in the works, which has the fans in uproar which gives fat Mikes business more free adds and distracts the fans from what they were really annoyed about in the 1st place.

The disappearance of JFK was strange to me, why sack him? Just another poor attempt to please the fans, miss direction again just to take the pressure off Pardew?

I’m sick of second guessing the club and Ashley’s motives but I certainly don’t believe a successful. Business man would continue too make such easy mistakes constantly.

I came to the conclusion a while ago were the perfect advertising vehicle for SD etc, were in the news as much as Man U Citeh Pool etc without even trying to compete, if were in the papers good or bad it’s more head lines for Ashley and his business. And that’s why I think all this he’s done to club and fan has been carefully thought out..

• Hatem's better than Messi

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM

The club can’t be bothered … why should I care?

I’ve was a crazy NUFC supporter always in b&w.
    Now I don’t support Ashley’s NUFC.
    I watch games but not with the same intensity.

This season I prefer watching Southampton and the NBA.
    I watch Toon games if the stream is decent.
    I don’t support Southampton but they play great football in the way NUFC should play.

If NUFC can’t be bothered trying why the f### should anyone turn up.
    Send your season tickets back.
    They might change policy if they get a wake up call.

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Mackem Warrior

Krul
    Debuchy Willo Yanga Alonso
    Anita Tiote ki
    Johnson Remy Goofy

• Markaccus

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Rebecca

i bet you look nowt like the picture!!

• Transfer Sage

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM

tads

same team 🙂

• WWSBRD

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Combined SAFC and NUFC team hmmm Id have
    Krul
    Debuchy Willo MYM Haidara
    Tiote Anita Sissoko
    Johnson (in a world year, HBA when its not) Remy Gouffran

Seems too many Sunderland players in that though

• Markaccus

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Just realised Brown was in the team.
    No. Just no. Mym for me.

• martoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Rebbeca @22 – Sorry I can’t agree – I don’t think it is a carfully thought out plan more like staggering from one disaster to another. Keegan, Dennis Wise etc. were 2 of several mistakes made at thestart and I believe Llambias admitted that in one of his interviews (although I might be wrong). JFK was a drunken appointment that he Ashley couldn’t even remember doing.
    I agree it is amazing that a successful shrewd businessman makes so many mistakes but it is probably more due to lack of time to concentrate on NUFC rather than SD.

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Mark
    I know bud,still smarting from Saturday though.Haven’t been able to bring myself to watch SSN because i might see the highlights.

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Sage
    Was so tempted to put none of the Mackems in!

It was hard to even type there names!

Sadly i think there owner genuinely wants to see them become a great team, but he’s made some awful decisions
    The difference is he seems to be able to attempt to correct those decisions

Our owner seems happy to just mull around mid table

• theartfuldodger

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Rebecca,

Ashley does not make mistakes with SD.
    With NUFC he just aint interested.

Look at it this way. You have a vehicle which gets you around. All you care is that it works. Your not bothered about its upkeep. Everytime it looks like falling apart , you service it.

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:26 AM

MrMojo
    lol I get that!
    I was horrified when i realised MOTD was on my planner, deleted that straight away!

• count

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:29 AM

John Tudor is the most mind numbing tosspot.

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:30 AM

To be fair the lad must be a genius to invent the computer because i didn’t know they had reached Sunderland yet,last time i was there the shopkeepers had slates and chalk and i had to get my money changed at the travel agent to pre-decimalisation currency,mind you,that was what? 3 weeks ago.

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Tads
    I’m at the stage now where if we win or draw i can watch football,if we lose i don’t want to see a football for at least 48 hrs.Never used to be like this,just the last few seasons.

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Your a mind numbing count.

• wolfshead@toon

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:56 AM

mackem

you need a min of 20 posts before someone will reply to you apart from me that is lol

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Another ode to JFK
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds “I had A Dream Joe”

I had a dream
    I had a dream
    I had a dream, Joe

I had a dream, Joe
    You were standing in the middle of an open road
    I had a dream, Joe
    Your hands were raised up to the sky
    And your mouth was covered in foam
    I had a dream, Joe
    A shadowy Jesus flitted from tree to tree
    I had a dream, Joe
    And a society of whores stuck needles in an image of me
    I had a dream, Joe
    It was Autumn time and thickly fell the leaves
    And in that dream, Joe
    A pimp in seersucker suit sucked a toothpick
    And pointed his finger at me

I had a dream,
    I had a dream,
    I had a dream, Joe

I opened my eyes, Joe
    The night had been a giant, dribbling and pacing the boards
    I opened my eyes, Joe
    All your letters and cards stacked up against the door
    I opened my eyes, Joe
    The morning light came slowly tumbling through the crack
    In the window, Joe
    And I thought of you and I felt like I was lugging
    A body on my back

I had a dream,
    I had a dream,
    I had a dream, Joe

Where did you go, Joe?
    On that endless, senseless, demented drift
    Where did you go, Joe?
    Into the woods, into the trees, where you move and shift
    Where did you go, Joe?
    All dressed up in your ridiculous seersucker suit
    Where did you go, Joe?
    With that strew of wreckage
    Forever at the heel of your boot

I had a dream
    I had a dream
    I had a dream, Joe
    I had a dream
    I had a dream
    I had a dream, Joe

• magpie6699

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Without Tiote we’re doomed!