The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Injury Blow Suffered By Newcastle

9:14 am, Thursday, February 6th, 2014 by Ed Harrison · 105 Comments

Just when you thought things couldn’t get much worse at Newcastle, there’s news today that Cheick Tiote is doubtful for the game at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

cheick tiote man united

Cheick Tiote - doubtful for Saturday

The news coming through is that Cheick suffered an injury in training earlier this week, and he is currently doubtful for the game in west London on Saturday.

Tiote has done a decent job in captaining Newcastle in the absence of Fabricio Coloccini this year, but his loss on Saturday would be a big blow to the side, who are already weakened  because Coloccini and Loic Remy will also miss the game.

Fabricio Coloccini has been out with a knee injury since New Years’ Day, and is not expected to be fit for Saturday, and Loic Remy still has two games to serve of his three match ban for getting himself sent off at Norwich City.

We should hear more on Tiote’s  injury from manager Alan Pardew later today, when he holds his press conference for the Chelsea game, from the Benton Training headquarters.

And he is bound to be asked about Joe Kinnear’s dismissal, although he is unlikely to say much about that.

Newcastle do have Dan Gosling who could come in for Tiote, if he doesn’t make it, but the loss of Check will further weaken the side against Chelsea, who seem to be in good form after beating Manchester City 1-0 at the Etihad on Monday night.

And Alan Pardew is under significant pressure to get Newcastle playing well again, and picking up some points, after the latest humiliation at the hands of Sunderland last Saturday.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Cheick Tiote · Dan Gosling · Fabricio Coloccini · Injuries · Newcastle News · Premier League

105 responses so far ↓

• 1 Slank // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:16 AM

REPOST

Ed, we could miss out on a lot of targets.

Likewise our rivals could miss out on a lot of their targets.
    Clubs in Europe could also miss out on a lot of their targets.

“Nil Desperandum!”

• 2 croftus5678 // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:19 AM

horrible thing to say but i fully expect us to lose against chelsea and spurs so i’m not looking for a result.

i’ll be looking at marv though if played and luuk to see what missing things they can bring.

• 3 Slank // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Ed,

‘…just when you thought things couldn’t get much worse…’

I wouldn’t tempt fate.

There could always be a Brian McDermott moment with Joe!!

• 4 MACKEMWARRIOR // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:23 AM

who would be in a combined sunderland and nufc team?

Manoone
    Bardsley Brown Colocini Santon
    Ki Tiote Sissoko
    Johnson Altidore Borini

that would be mine.

• 5 MrMojoRisin76 // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Wtf is that smell?,a bit like chip pan fat,cigarette smoke and a hint of incest.

• 6 70TWO // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:34 AM

I’m not holding my breath but I’m still waiting for that press release which will set out what those in charge are in charge of. Do that the press conference today can be purely concerned with the Chelsea match, which is what Pardew is there for.

Surely there is a question in there for him, “So AP are you happy to be the only conduit of information from NUFC, or would you rather be talking about the football?”

• 7 martoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Markaccus – from previous- apart from a cold I’m well thanks. I’d rather have Brand Beckham than Ashely owning Newcastle. I could just see Victoria living in Gateshead and if they had another kid they could call it Deckham Beckham :)

• 8 Hatem's better than Messi // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Tiote out … who cares?

Season is over.
    No cups.
    No relegation.
    No chance of Europe.

We’re playing for what?

Same next season and the season after.

JFK – job done. Deflected shite. No players signed, star sold.

• 9 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Markaccus
    God can you imagine the joint Pardew and Beckham interviews!

Lol they’d be triffic!

• 10 70TWO // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:44 AM

If we can beat ManU and Spurs at home we have a chance at 6/7th place and European football. Which will attract the certain quality of player that we desire. The present squad should be motivated enough to show their own abilities and AP needs to stop being dependent on individuals. If they perform on the field and get the club in to a challenging position, then it is up to Ashley to carry the can.

• 11 Hatem's better than Messi // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:47 AM

lol

• 12 Hatem's better than Messi // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:49 AM

No strikers … no one to create in midfield.

It’s a slow slide down the table for us – we’ll hardly win a match from now until the end of yet another miserable and pointless season.

• 13 martoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Hatem’s better than Messi @8 – I care. I have a ST because I like to watch football and I like to watch NUFC win rather than lose. Realistically I don’t expect us to win anything but the occasional flirtation with Europe is nice which we can still achieve – admittedly it is going to be more difficult now but still possible.

• 14 MrMojoRisin76 // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Forget about teams,what tactics would you go for v Chelsea?,Sam’s “19th century” football or have a go at them.

• 15 Markaccus // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Dekham Bekham!! Hahahaha.

Tads

the interveiws would be less understandable than kenny dalgliesh on acid!

• 16 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM

mackem

krul
    debuchy, wilo, mbiwa, alonso
    tiote, ki, anita
    johnson, remy, gouff

• 17 MrMojoRisin76 // Feb 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Sage
    The sign clearly say’s “please don’t feed the monkey’s”.

• 18 Markaccus // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Mackem

id swap bardsley for debuchey. Both players are red cards waiting to happen, but i think debuchey is slightly less likely and is better going forward. Id swap altidore for remy. And maybe anita (he was pants against you lot but is usually better than that) for sissoko. Id keep the rest of your players, especially the goaly.

• 19 Markaccus // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Actually might stick alonso in for santon to be honest.

• 20 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:03 AM

mojo

but i’ve already bought the nuts

• 21 Markaccus // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Mojo

to be fair, the lad has come here for a footy discussion and a bit of freindly banter. He does not seem to be gloating (if he does he can f#ck off :D )

• 22 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Reading through the las t few articles we all seem to be in a similar mood towards the current regime and I’d like to have my two pennies worth..

From what I’ve observed or the conclusion I have came to is Mike Ashley hasn’t made one mistake since he’s been here, what I mean is every decision has been calculated to a t.
    I don’t believe Ashley missed the debt the club was in before he purchased the club I think he knew about it and uses it as a excuse not to sell up or another reason we can’t compete financially.

The same tactic of smoke and mirrors is used every transfer window bar last January where we seem to I’d targets make a poor bid and end up without a player, this to me is either to appease so we think the clubs active in transfer market when really it isn’t.

JFK, the renaming of the ground etc are all done to take our eyes from his major plan, which I haven’t worked out yet. But when ever things seem to be going right there’s a spanner thrown in the works, which has the fans in uproar which gives fat Mikes business more free adds and distracts the fans from what they were really annoyed about in the 1st place.

The disappearance of JFK was strange to me, why sack him? Just another poor attempt to please the fans, miss direction again just to take the pressure off Pardew?

I’m sick of second guessing the club and Ashley’s motives but I certainly don’t believe a successful. Business man would continue too make such easy mistakes constantly.

I came to the conclusion a while ago were the perfect advertising vehicle for SD etc, were in the news as much as Man U Citeh Pool etc without even trying to compete, if were in the papers good or bad it’s more head lines for Ashley and his business. And that’s why I think all this he’s done to club and fan has been carefully thought out..

• 23 Hatem's better than Messi // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM

The club can’t be bothered … why should I care?

I’ve was a crazy NUFC supporter always in b&w.
    Now I don’t support Ashley’s NUFC.
    I watch games but not with the same intensity.

This season I prefer watching Southampton and the NBA.
    I watch Toon games if the stream is decent.
    I don’t support Southampton but they play great football in the way NUFC should play.

If NUFC can’t be bothered trying why the f### should anyone turn up.
    Send your season tickets back.
    They might change policy if they get a wake up call.

• 24 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Mackem Warrior

Krul
    Debuchy Willo Yanga Alonso
    Anita Tiote ki
    Johnson Remy Goofy

• 25 Markaccus // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Rebecca

i bet you look nowt like the picture!!

• 26 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM

tads

same team :)

• 27 WWSBRD // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Combined SAFC and NUFC team hmmm Id have
    Krul
    Debuchy Willo MYM Haidara
    Tiote Anita Sissoko
    Johnson (in a world year, HBA when its not) Remy Gouffran

Seems too many Sunderland players in that though

• 28 Markaccus // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Just realised Brown was in the team.
    No. Just no. Mym for me.

• 29 martoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Rebbeca @22 – Sorry I can’t agree – I don’t think it is a carfully thought out plan more like staggering from one disaster to another. Keegan, Dennis Wise etc. were 2 of several mistakes made at thestart and I believe Llambias admitted that in one of his interviews (although I might be wrong). JFK was a drunken appointment that he Ashley couldn’t even remember doing.
    I agree it is amazing that a successful shrewd businessman makes so many mistakes but it is probably more due to lack of time to concentrate on NUFC rather than SD.

• 30 MrMojoRisin76 // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Mark
    I know bud,still smarting from Saturday though.Haven’t been able to bring myself to watch SSN because i might see the highlights.

• 31 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Sage
    Was so tempted to put none of the Mackems in!

It was hard to even type there names!

Sadly i think there owner genuinely wants to see them become a great team, but he’s made some awful decisions
    The difference is he seems to be able to attempt to correct those decisions

Our owner seems happy to just mull around mid table

• 32 theartfuldodger // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Rebecca,

Ashley does not make mistakes with SD.
    With NUFC he just aint interested.

Look at it this way. You have a vehicle which gets you around. All you care is that it works. Your not bothered about its upkeep. Everytime it looks like falling apart , you service it.

• 33 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:26 AM

MrMojo
    lol I get that!
    I was horrified when i realised MOTD was on my planner, deleted that straight away!

• 34 count // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:29 AM

John Tudor is the most mind numbing tosspot.

• 35 MrMojoRisin76 // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:30 AM

To be fair the lad must be a genius to invent the computer because i didn’t know they had reached Sunderland yet,last time i was there the shopkeepers had slates and chalk and i had to get my money changed at the travel agent to pre-decimalisation currency,mind you,that was what? 3 weeks ago.

• 36 MrMojoRisin76 // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Tads
    I’m at the stage now where if we win or draw i can watch football,if we lose i don’t want to see a football for at least 48 hrs.Never used to be like this,just the last few seasons.

• 37 MrMojoRisin76 // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Your a mind numbing count.

• 38 wolfshead@toon // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:56 AM

mackem

you need a min of 20 posts before someone will reply to you apart from me that is lol

• 39 MrMojoRisin76 // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Another ode to JFK
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds “I had A Dream Joe”

I had a dream
    I had a dream
    I had a dream, Joe

I had a dream, Joe
    You were standing in the middle of an open road
    I had a dream, Joe
    Your hands were raised up to the sky
    And your mouth was covered in foam
    I had a dream, Joe
    A shadowy Jesus flitted from tree to tree
    I had a dream, Joe
    And a society of whores stuck needles in an image of me
    I had a dream, Joe
    It was Autumn time and thickly fell the leaves
    And in that dream, Joe
    A pimp in seersucker suit sucked a toothpick
    And pointed his finger at me

I had a dream,
    I had a dream,
    I had a dream, Joe

I opened my eyes, Joe
    The night had been a giant, dribbling and pacing the boards
    I opened my eyes, Joe
    All your letters and cards stacked up against the door
    I opened my eyes, Joe
    The morning light came slowly tumbling through the crack
    In the window, Joe
    And I thought of you and I felt like I was lugging
    A body on my back

I had a dream,
    I had a dream,
    I had a dream, Joe

Where did you go, Joe?
    On that endless, senseless, demented drift
    Where did you go, Joe?
    Into the woods, into the trees, where you move and shift
    Where did you go, Joe?
    All dressed up in your ridiculous seersucker suit
    Where did you go, Joe?
    With that strew of wreckage
    Forever at the heel of your boot

I had a dream
    I had a dream
    I had a dream, Joe
    I had a dream
    I had a dream
    I had a dream, Joe

• 40 magpie6699 // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Without Tiote we’re doomed!

• 41 Vask // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Makem,

Your combined team is a swansea, liverpool newcastle and sunderland team.
    plus 3 Dm’s aint got much creativity.

I’d go:

———-Krul———-

Debuchy–Willo–MYM–Dummet
    ——————-Tiote——————
    ————Sissoko–Marveuax——
    Arfa/Johnson——————Remy
    —————Luuk De Jong———–

So there you have it one well managed Makem would get into my team. I’d select Poyet as the manager though. Seems quite good at getting the best out of over the hill and over rated players.

• 42 Vask // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Where as Pards seems to drain all confidence from good prospects.

• 43 catchy in norway // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:17 AM

way to many doom and gloom merchants in here

shay given is kind of right, win the league or get relegated,

we only have 11 players

sad times, sad you have let your stds drop so low

• 44 catchy in norway // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Mackem Warrior

the only person id take from your place is poyet,,

get him in with our squad, and we would not need any of your players

• 45 ErnestHemingway // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Hang on lads…a mackem comes on and suggests a left back they’ve just bought is better than ours? Alonso was truly honking for Bolton, he’s had one good game for the scum and he’s better than santon, haidara….I would rather have dummett than Alonso.

• 46 mindshaft // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM

We’re in relegation form with a measly 4 points from our last 6 games, no doubt that’ll be 4 points from 8 after Chelsea / Spurs games – just as well we had that winning streak as we’d be in big trouble otherwise.

Any hope of Europe is long gone in my opinion, lets just hope we aren’t in free fall

• 47 ErnestHemingway // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Out of the mackems team, I would say only Johnson, Ki and at a push, and I mean a big frigging push, borini.

That’s what grates most, they’re bang average and still battered us.

• 48 mindshaft // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Probably best we just ignore Mackem – he’s obviously bored watching their season highlights and he’s obviously been kicked out of school (if he ever went)

• 49 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:26 AM

ernest

he was terrible at bolton but he is fantastic at sunderland, been great every game for them…i’d take him over our lot

• 50 Vask // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:26 AM

The thing with standards though i that when they’re not met disappointment is caused. How about we all take a leaf out of st Pauli’s book and just sing all through the match instead of the stunned silence that was present on Saturday.

The biggest disappointment for me about the derby defeat is the toon fans allowing sunderland songs to be heard around St James’ this should never be the case even if the makems lead 25-0 we should still be the dominant voice in our own stadium.

The atmosphere is sh*te these days. No matter what our situation with the hierarchy we should be raising the roof every home game and creating a hostile and intimidating atmosphere for visiting fans and teams alike. It also would give our players a massive lift if what they heard was 50,000 fans singing in unison from before the first whistle til after the last.

That’s how it should be. No matter what the of field staf and execs do.

• 51 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:31 AM

vask

It’s not helped by Ashley splitting up season ticket holders who have sat together for years as they were against him.

• 52 catchy in norway // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Transfer Sage

take poyet , and put him in charge of our team, then see how many of there players would make ours

none

• 53 Vask // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Sage,

Moot point. split people up all they want. You get three or four people in a certain spot singing their hearts out all game the others will join in. I remember when all of the stadium was a ‘singing section.’ So what evs you say about splitting up people is a poor excuse. We are Newcastle United. Season ticket holders sit next to each other for the whole of the season and don’t sing with each other. That is not United.

• 54 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM

vask

not true on 2014 i’m afraid, get a lot more casual fans, a lot more who drive not drink so maybe more reluctant/shy to sing, it’s different to 10/20 years ago

people don’t always know many songs, just a couple so can’t get going

look at our away fans, all hardcore fans, get a variety of chant going, consistent through a game, more so than at home…need to get people together

• 55 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:40 AM

catchy
    poyet is light years ahead, wanted him in the summer, but still rate alonso over any of our left backs

• 56 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:43 AM

catchy

for me managing is about getting the mentality and confidence into players, formations sort themsevles, you pick wide men they stay wide, pick all central players they will naturally go narrow…formation isn’t hugely important, it’s getting the right players in and getting them in the right frame of mind and to believe in themselves, let them play the way they know best.

• 57 Aturnbull // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Team for Chelsea:

Krul
    Debuchy Willo MYM Santon
    Anita Sissoko Marveux
    Benny Cisse De Jong

Where is Gouffran? was in form and then suddenly dropped off the radar!

Cisse needs games! Remy is out for next couple of games so Pardew should play Cisse! Wasn’t even on the bench for Derby game. Wearing the number 9 shirt for NUFC used to mean something!

Hopefully De Jong starts and makes an impact.

• 58 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:48 AM

aturnbull

gouff is injured.

• 59 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 11:56 AM

for cheslea we need to go to our best defence

so need krul, debuchy, wilo, mbiwa then dummet (santon keeps getting subbed, so pointless keeping him in to waste a sub, clearly not trusted so his confidence will be down)

We need some strong play in the middle missing tiote and cabaye…bring in anita and sissoko to holding roles.

We need to make sure we have somebody who can hld the ball up when going long or played into feet, so de jong is a must for me, looked to hold it well against the mackems.

After that you need creativity to supply the front lads….i’d get marv in a central role, looked ok as a sub there.

Leaves just the wider players, gouff is a must with his work rate, would have liked sissoko on the right but tiote’s injury means he must be in the middle. so probably need to go for ben arfa, he won’t get back enough so need to make sure anita and sissoko are very disciplined.

We need to make sure only one fullback attacks so always three at the back, mourinho did that at man city with ivanovic attacking and azpilacueta defending.

so i’d end up with a side of

krul
    debuchy, wilo, mbiwa, dummet
    tiote, sissoko
    hba, marv, gouff
    de jong

• 60 Himanshu Dhingra // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I wrote an Article about Pards

• 61 DokToon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:00 PM

gmorning all, from the dark side of the pond…

so i am looking forward to the 2014-2015 season, maybe a cup run, and the window opens a crack :)

• 62 catchy in norway // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:17 PM

TS

confidence is everything

and I wont comment on the Sunderland players, Alonso may well be a better player, but stick him under pardew, he will look just as bad as what we have.

I have said it many times, poyet reminds me of KK, nothing is a bother for him, he smiles and takes the preasure from the players, allowing them a freedom to express themselves, within a set system, they all have jobs to do, and they work as a team,

under pardew, he would rather send them out into the firing line to cover his own ass,

one point I read from rebecka today, against stoke, he could see the problem, but was waiting until half time to change it, EHHHHH , in a 90 min game every minute is vital, he got lucky and they got 2 sent off,

yipppeeeee, hero

• 63 catchy in norway // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Himanshu Dhingra //

nailed him, the situation, very well written, and I hope others read it too

• 64 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:19 PM

catchy

I agree on poyet. The art of being a manager is to be a good lier and actor. No matter how bad a situation you need to be able to convince your team there is a way forward and that they can achieve their targets.

• 65 pawl250 // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Mackem – Based on Current form I would go

———————- Mannone
    Debuchy – Williamson – Brown – Alonso
    ———– Sissoko – Tiote – Ki
    Johnson ———— Remy ——– Gouffran

Krul, Santon, Mbiwa, Colback, Ben Arfa, Borini, Altidore

I think Ki is better than Anita.

I think Johnson is currently playing better than Ben Arfa.

Mbiwa for me would be a choice, but as I based it on form Williamson has been our best centre back and Brown is certainly better than Taylor.

Alonso is better than Santon based on what I have seen of him, he looks good going both ways.

• 66 pawl250 // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM

I forgot to mention Krul has been no where near his top form, Mannone has actually kept Mackems in the cup aswell as games.

Certainly looking like a rare Arsene Wenger error letting him go for so cheap. Easily worth triple what they paid.

• 67 Himanshu Dhingra // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Thanks

Catchy

• 68 AMEOBI // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:25 PM

I wouldn’t have one Mackem in my team pahah

• 69 pawl250 // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:25 PM

This weekend I would go (* = providing if fit)

—————————- Krul
    Debuchy – Williamson — Mbiwa —- Haidara
    Gouffran* – Sissoko – Tiote* – Anita – Sammy
    ————————- De Jong

Ben Arfa is too lazy to work against Chelsea, and Santon deserves to be dropped for a very poor performance against Sunderland.

But we will go for

————————- Krul
    Debuchy – Williamson – STaylor – Santon
    Ben Arfa – Sissoko – Tiote* – Anita – Gouffran*
    ———————– Shola

If Gouffran is injured I would go for Ben Arfa in my team, Sammy in Pardews

If Tiote is injured I would go for Bigi in my team, Pardew will go for Gosling.

• 70 dubzy // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM

OMG!!! NUFC HAVE Papa John’s as their official pizza partner.

This club gets better and better( Shocking sponsor Wonga now papa john every1 gunna be laughing at us soon,Oh wait they already are !

• 71 Jail for Ashley // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Rebecca,
    I’m with you on that one, I think pretty much every decision has been well thought out, just that it’s impossible to get his logic, why hire KK knowing he was going to deliberately undermine him six months later, so many baffling decisions it really does give the impression it’s being made up as he goes along, but as you say it’s all done for a reason, it’s unthinkable now to say he never knew about the clubs debt, he’s a cold calculating con man known as a backstabbing wretch in the business world with a close loyal group of patsies who he probably looks after very well.

• 72 pawl250 // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Ameobi

Then you are a biased fool like half the Mackems in my office. They/You cannot say anything nice about the other because you are all so biased.

Its a game of football.

Some of their players are better than ours. Two stand out performers for the weekend where Colback and Alonso.

I personally think Ki is a great player and they will be lucky to get him next season.

Bridcutt is very average though, as is Bardsley. I hear them banting on about these two players and I just think REALLY?!

Bardsley is a thug, a one that laughed at his team losing which is ridiculous and he should have been moved on. Bridcutt is a standard average player, the only reason he is playing for Sunderland is Poyet knows him, if he was any good another manager would have went for him long before now.

• 73 dubzy // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:33 PM

There u go 1 already

love the quote This is a really exciting partnership and one that I’m sure the supporters will enjoy., FUCK I SAY

• 74 Himanshu Dhingra // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:34 PM

any one seen this?

• 75 ErnestHemingway // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Sage

Can’t agree that alonso is betree than our left backs matey. I remember a full back the mackems had called Patrice carteron who scored against us, had a great game abd a few decent games after….he was pony! Dont rate Alonso now, even after one or two good games. It’s only a year since santon was consistently our best player, was called back into the Italy team. You have to say that he’s a better player than Alonso, even if Alonso had a good game in the derby.

As much as I sympathise with pardew, a lot of players have regressed under his stewardship.

• 76 ErnestHemingway // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:56 PM

And as for the mackem thinking mannone is a better keeper than krul…Ahahaha

• 77 ErnestHemingway // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Agree that if poyet was in charge of us, our team would be far better…but that ain’t gonna happen anytime soon.

• 78 mag // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM

If the Mackems win the league cup where does that leave Pardew? After seeing Laudrup,Martinez and now Poyet in Wembley finals with vastly inferior squads he has to be viewed as an inferior manager.

• 79 ErnestHemingway // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM

For me, sissoko has been a constant threat for us in most games this season. I’m not usually one for using stats to back up my point, but I’m going to be a hypocritical swine and say that sissoko has one of the highest assist totals in the league this season and more impressive is the amount of chances he has created.

• 80 Rotonda heights // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Mag

always has been

• 81 Rotonda heights // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:14 PM

the tragedy is ash was thinking of poyet last summer but didn’t fire pardew.

• 82 Greebol1892 // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:37 PM

From what I’ve seen on here, it only takes one good game for another team’s player to be labelled ‘a class act / we should sign him’….
    It only took Shearer eight games to become a shit manager as well….. all RUBBISH.
    Players & managers can only prove themselves by showing consistency longer term.
    Pardew has proved he’s not good enough at this level. Poyet has proved nothing except his current players know how to beat us.

• 83 Greebol1892 // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:41 PM

On topic: if Tiote’s out, we are in for a cricket score UNLESS he plays Mapou instead of Taylor.
    And keep strolla away!

• 84 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:42 PM

greebol

watch the style of how the man has his team playing, that’s a huge factor…turned around their season in the space of 3 months

did a lot with a very average brighton side, almost getting them in the prem league.

• 85 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:44 PM

greebol

agree consistency is important but also you can sometimes just see that spark or raw talent in somebody that makes you think are capable of a lot more.

• 86 Greebol1892 // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:47 PM

TS
    I agree he is showing promise as a good manager and I would def have him instead of AP but my point is, the proof will be end of season. Certainly seems to have the right philosophy tho.

• 87 Goodfella // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Newcastle have suspended willie donachie. ? Anybody know about this?

• 88 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Anyone see that Donachie has been suspended for disciplinary reasons???

All seems a bit close together, things don’t seem to happy behind the scenes at NUFC

• 89 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:52 PM

tads

We’ll never know, our club doesn’t tell us anything, they won’t even tell us how long a player is injured for or what it is, so no chance on something like this.

greebol

true, but looking at his team, it shouldn’t go down, but the start di cannio made meant they probably should, he looks a good manager who knows how to get players to buy into his system.

• 90 LocalZero // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Rebecca @ 22, Jail @ 71

You could be right but I don’t think it’s very likely. There’s not doubt in my mind that he’s made mistakes at NUFC and he definitely has form for making some big ones – apart from allegedly losing over £1m in one casino visit (although maybe that doesn’t count given that’s probably his kids pocket money!), the shares in SD dropped from 300p to 30p when he first floated it. That was very nearly a business disaster and definitely not part of a masterplan. He also lost the Constructive Dismissal case that KK threw at him so I don’t believe he’s some all-knowing, calculating oracle and that everthing he touches turns to gold. He’s definitely unconventional in his methods though.
    I don’t honestly think he meant to get relegated, or for Lambias to walk out, or for Kinnear to make an a*se of himself (even if that was predictable). His methods have also changed over the years and those weird first few months where he was drinking with the fans seemed genuine enough, even if laughable now. He went from being fairly trigger happy with managers and appointing crowd-pleasers like KK to being the least trigger happy owner in the PL with (a non-crowd-pleaser) AP. Doesn’t seem like part of a masterplan but I could be wrong.

• 91 toonking // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM

news from skysports website on a suspended coach

• 92 NEoffers.co.uk // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM

3x 60 Minute Driving Lessons – ONLY £10.00 (usually £60)

Large area of the North East covered.

• 93 DokToon // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM

whos the muppet named neoffers… mackem troll perhaps….

• 94 catchy in norway // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I want all the coaching staff gone

bunch of free loaders

• 95 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

catchy

how would you know that?

• 96 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:21 PM

@lee_ryder: Pardew on Kinnear: http://t.co/W4WdMySO3V #nufc

@NUFCTheMag: Pardew Newcastle v Chelsea Injury Update – Oh Dear… http://t.co/i1F8KFEWSZ

@NUFCTheMag: Newcastle United Attempt To Starve Fans Into Submission http://t.co/OovdwyZtNK

Busy day for NUFC, at least with Papa Johns we know we’ll have some dough available in the summer

• 97 catchy in norway // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Transfer Sage

just a guess

2 options here

either pardew just don’t listen to them or there just yes men, all of them

• 98 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:27 PM

catchy

you’ve said pardew is stubborn before…they weren’t bad coaches when they worked with bobby robson.

There are definitely problems, whether coaches or pardew to blame or both, there needs to be some change.

But as many here say, until Ashley is gone (or has a total different approach) I can’t see much positive change in the clubs ambition.

• 99 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM

there is just no reason for ashley to want champs league football, will cost as much as it makes and even then we would only compete for top 4, never be nailed on.

• 100 70TWO // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:31 PM

If Tiote is out of the Chelsea match I think AP will use either Mbiwa or Santon in the middle, more like a 541. However he could also use either of them on the right and bring Sissoko into the middle, resulting in a defensive double up on Hazard.

I agree with an earlier post, which said de Jong should be used as much as possible as he is more likely to stay at the end of the season and let Remys WC dreams float away. If ‘calculating’ Ashley was interested in free advertising he would have transferred Seim in also, I guess he needs to update his Casio.

• 101 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:31 PM

For those of you who want a different take on Laudrup’s firing here are a few article from BT, who have actually talked to Laudrup and people around him:

*I do apologies in advance as I have used goggle translate!

There is a 7 page story in BT today, but I cannot access it since I don’t subscribe :(

• 102 catchy in norway // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Transfer Sage

carver is the only one who worked with SBR, when he went it alone , he failed,

now pretty much where ever SBR went , he was a winner,

so im thinking that carver is a knuckle head, just a yes man, with no imput

• 103 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:35 PM

I think as the clubs hierarchy have pretty much written off the second half pardew should experiment, try some new styles, some different players, a couple of the kids…..just so he knows exactly how much people can contribute next season and where he needs to strengthen.

Whether ashley backs him in the summer or not is irrelevant, at least will pardew ill know what his priorities are for the summer.

• 104 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM

cacthy

maybe, maybe not, i really don’t know so i won’t comment one way or the other, just think for sir bobby to have him around he must have been putting something good into the side, but i really couldn’t say one way or another.

In general we haven’t got the best coaches, especially at senior level, our kids seem to be doing very well and a lot come through as youth internationals, just making the step up to the senior side is the problem.

• 105 toonbrother // Feb 6, 2014 at 7:20 PM

if gosling plays we are screwed. he can’t even pass the ball

previous post: Newcastle Could Miss Out On Top Target This Summer