The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Alan Shearer – Worries About Newcastle’s Players

12:00 am, Thursday, February 6th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 85 Comments

The nonsense that went on at Newcastle in the last week of the transfer window, will not only have sent a negative message about Newcastle to their faithful fans,  but also our players must be asking what’s exactly going on at the club.

It was gross incompetence to sell Newcastle’s best player and then not replace him last week, and Newcastle’s season has been  jeopardized by those supposed to be leading the club.

alan shearer close up 2012

Alan Shearer – one of Newcastle’s all time greats

Newcastle icon has told talkSPORT that he  also wonders why Newcastle manager Alan Pardew rests players in the two Cup competitions, when we aren’t even in Europe, and play only round 43 games a season these days.

This is what the 43 year-old all-time Newcastle great has told talkSPORT:

“Joe Kinnear was quoted as saying that no-one would be leaving in January.”  “But if you’re going to let your best player go, you have to have a plan for someone to come in.”

“You can’t let Cabaye leave and then bring no-one else in. That just can’t happen.” “It sends a bad message out to the fans and, if you’re a player in that dressing room, you must be thinking, ‘where are we going?’”

“They’re in a decent position in the league, but they are not going to finish in the top four so the two cups are the only things they had a chance of wining.”

“So I don’t get them resting players in those competitions because these are the trophies that the likes of Newcastle need to go for. Resting players in cup competitions I just don’t get.”

“It’s not as if they are in Europe and playing 65 games this season. They went out at the first hurdle in the FA Cup, and played three games in the Capital One Cup.”

“That means they’ll have 43 games this season, and that’s not a lot of games to ask a professional player to play.”

Of course Alan is right, and unless there are big changes made quickly at the Tyneside club, we could continue to be at best a mediocre club in the Premier League.

Gone are the days when we were a top four club in England  – that’s the unfortunate truth.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

85 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I suppose Alan, what we really need is someone who cares, who is not afraid to be vocal, to actually help and do something….

…Mind, we all like to get cozy on the sofa from time to time.

• 2 expatmag // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:06 AM

IBIZA

Shearer would make an excellent DOF if only Ashley could have the foresight to back him in the role

• 3 Belfast // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Ibiza I can help you with your fraud problems.

I will need your sort code and security number located on the back of your card first though.

• 4 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:08 AM

expat…Sadly I feel we could compile a great list of candidates for DOF, or even managers, but that list will always have the proviso of “if only Ashley could have the foresight to back him in the role”.

• 5 Belfast // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Start date and end date would be a great help too.

• 6 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Belfast…They’re bigger than double digit numbers though, you sure you can handle that?

• 7 Graeme // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Expat – How on earth would shearer make a great DOF.
    its a full time role, needs great fexibility and would hardly be compatible with his other business interests.

He would be as good a DOF as he was a Manager!!

• 8 expatmag // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM

IBIZA

Very true. I even thought about applying for the role myself but had second thoughts…….lol

• 9 Graeme // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Ibiza – send them to me – I have some friends in “Dark Places” who could sort that in 20 mins mate lol

How you enjoying wrinkly land??

• 10 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:13 AM

DOF does stand for “Doer of F**kall”, right?

• 11 Jail for Ashley // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Fraud helpline
    +234 84 0800 000,They’re experts.

• 12 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Graeme…Thanks, but despite Belfasts post, I am not auctioning off or giving away my bank details…not today anyway.

I am a lot more chilled, but ready to see some younger and less wrinkled skin :)

• 13 Ciaran // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Just been through the comments this evening. Intellectual debates with tosspots and apparently I bullied Torq off the blog?

High quality stuff indeed.

• 14 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Jail…Thanks.

• 15 Belfast // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Depends Ibiza.
    How much you got in the bank ?

If it’s over £10, I’m sure I could manage it.

• 16 expatmag // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

GRAEME

Of course, he would have to give up his MOTD and ambassadorial duties to take on the role but his ability as a DOF has absolutely no relation whatsoever to his abilities as a manager. They are two completely different roles as you well know.

Shearer would be a good option in my opinion for the following reasons:

1. He has a NUFC man through and through.
    2. He is hfghly respected and experienced in the game both overseas and at home.
    3. He would have the ability to coordinate and liaise with thevarious football issues within the club such as scouting, the academy and the manager as well as fellow directors.
    4. He would be a great voice to the fans

• 17 Jail for Ashley // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:17 AM

expat,
    In my five years in Sydney, I don’t think I saw us mentioned in the Daily Telegraph more than ten times.

• 18 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Belfast…Think of a number between 1 and 10. Multiply it be 10. Divide it by your IQ. Right, you should still have the same number as when you divided by 20, correct?

• 19 Jail for Ashley // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Ibiza,
    De nada para te siempres.

• 20 Belfast // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I quite like the way ruddy gets the blame for everything lol

• 21 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Jail…Que?

Only joking!

Quick question though, why is the greeting for that number “Hello and welcome to the Mike Ashley appreciation hotline”?

Hope all goes well in China!

• 22 expatmag // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:22 AM

JFA

That is Sydney for you, mate. So far up themselves, its unbelievable…LOL

I am from Melbourne. We are the sporting capital of Australia and our papers usually have a two page spread daily on football, both home and abroad. We were on yesterday where they covered the Kinnear resignation.

• 23 Belfast // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Forget it Ibiza. Lost my calculator

• 24 expatmag // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:23 AM

CIARAN

I thought it was JT who ran him out of toon……LOL

• 25 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Belfast…Alright mate, no worries. Was simply implying you had an IQ of 1 or possibly 0.

Actually, scratch that…I messed up…it should have ended “you should still have the same number as when you divided by 10″ not 20.

I’ll just get back to what I’m supposed to be doing. Enjoy this moment Belfast :)

• 26 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Jail… +234 is where exactly? After joking about the MA hotline it has occurred to me that something may well be up with that number :)

• 27 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Howay Alan, what don’t you get?

The reasons we dropped players for cup games was because Ashley has made it very very clear to Pardew the Premier League is the priority. Those games come first.

Players will be rested for Cup games because every Premier League game is pivotal so we pick up points to make sure we stay in the league.

Nothing else matters to Ashley apart from TV revenue. This is all he is interested in. Obviously not trophies.

Which in itself is pretty pathetic considering our goal is mid-table under Ashley.

Ashley is pretty easy to read if you look hard enough. But really, it can quite easily be sussed out with the terminolgy..

Zero ambition.

• 28 Ciaran // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Expat

I don’t mind taking the flak for it, I’ll not hide the fact that I had no time for the ITK BS no matter how nice he was perceived to be. Developed a complex too when the ‘rumours’ he was hearing was a crock of nonsense.

Some chat about us scouting Belgium and Holland and expect a new technical director to come in to NUFC. A few weeks later we announced Joe Kinnear as DOF.

I’ve no personal beef with him, but he is as bad as Indykaila and proudtobeageordie.

• 29 beddersmag // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:28 AM

£100M should be enough to bring in five or more top players – even if we only pay out only £40M of what’s available – and do it Mike Ashley’s thrifty way.

Had to laugh at this Ed quote, as if he will spend ‘just’ 40m. You have to love the deluded positivity of the guy though.

• 30 Jail for Ashley // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:28 AM

expat,
    I went to watch Oz vs Uruguay at the MCG, they won 1-0 with a Kevin Muscat penalty, joined the mile high club with the lass I flew down there with :)

• 31 expatmag // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:31 AM

JFA

I was at that game too. We were right in line with the penalty up in the great southern stand.

I joined the mile high club that night too. Me and the missus were staying on the top floor of the Hilton just across the park from the G……LOL

• 32 Jail for Ashley // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Ibiza,
    Google should tell you, Mike Ashley has his call centres there, allegedly…..

• 33 Belfast // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM

He’ll be here under a different name.

You’re still a bully though, and the virus on the blog is probably down to you. ;-)

• 34 Ciaran // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Is this nufcblog.com after dark!?

• 35 Graeme // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Jail, the Direct Line is +234 419 419419

Well known in Nigerian circles lol

• 36 Graeme // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Ibiza +234 is Nigeria, where else lol

• 37 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Bit erotic in here tonight isn’t it?

• 38 Ciaran // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Belfast

It’s my lot in life, probably deserve it for being an annoying s**t for so long haha

I’ve mellowed in my blossoming maturity, if only people could see the real Ruddy… haha

• 39 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Graeme…Cheers…sounds about right!

Prodigy…Not sure about that, but don’t question it, just jump in!

• 40 Jail for Ashley // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:36 AM

expat,
    Fair play but I’m not sure if that qualifies you, they were asking 5000 Aussie for return flights to Montevideo at the time.

• 41 Graeme // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Expat – Shearer has just launched a new “Sports Fitness” outlets – The latest one has just been opened in Dubai and he was there as 1 of the 3 partners that own the brand. He hasnt got the time or the inclination to give up his sofa and external interests to become DOF, Sorry

• 42 expatmag // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:39 AM

JFA

Ha ha……I asked my missus if she would do it on a 14 hour flight from Melbourne to Dubai but she was concerned about the bloke sitting in the window seat……LMAO

• 43 Ciaran // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Call me a prude but I’m gonna sit the next couple of plays out… haha

Night folks!

• 44 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM

I’ll be back soon.

Im just in the process of canceling my Television X subscription!

• 45 expatmag // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Graeme

fair enough. It was just a thought

• 46 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Ciaran…Calling you a prude would be taking it easy on ya mate! Take it easy.

• 47 expatmag // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Well, its hotting up here in Melbourne so I am off to the beach for a swim. Later lads.

• 48 Graeme // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:46 AM

Expat – a good thought as well.

If he was going to take up a carreer in Footy, after getting his badges, he should have started in Div 3 and learned the ropes on the front line.

Shearer wanted to walk straight in to a top level PL club without the skills or experience needed to do the job. A shame really!!!

• 49 Belfast // Feb 6, 2014 at 12:47 AM

I go now bye

• 50 jimmysmith // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Isn’t it a bit incongruous to rest your best players in the cups as part of prioritizing your position in the league and then go and sell your best player mid season.

How do those couple of master strokes, sit neatly together in any best laid plan?

• 51 ONLINE GUY // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Toonarmydownsouth up your own sphincter

Here I am back from the Blackbird hoping to catch you and I find you have written more insulting words to try and bluster your way out of your filthy comment to me …

You said this …

“The xenophobic remark was because you were blabbing on about English football losing it’s identity to the amount of foreigners in the game,”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I can tell you that I never said that either .

You made that up.. I said it like this below

It was the same as Gary Lineker said ..the same as Glenn Hoddle said ..the England team suffers ultimately because of the high percentage of overseas players in each team in the prem .

Your reply to me.. in a rage it seemed.. was disgraceful ..you accused me of xenophobia ..

And I mention that my Nephew is of Mixed race to you because of you levelling Xenophobia at me ..

you explain yourself that Xenophobia is a fear ..a fear of foreigners ! . My Brother in Law is from the Caribbean and I don’t fear him… I love him..he’s a special bloke.

Now tell me you saying that to me was ok ? when all I was speaking of was a football matter .

Xenophobia ..fear of foreigners you say ?

And there was me Talking about the England team.

• 52 ONLINE GUY // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Toonarmy
    up
    your
    own
    arse
    downsouth

From the Oxford English Dick.

Intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries:

Now that’s what you said to me you Bas*ard

See how you took it to another level ?

MY next post will not be as explanatory as the last two if you repeat your racist slur again.

• 53 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Online…Don’t you think the way you both are acting is making this all a whole lot worse?

Try an explanation to each other without the anger and posturing and you may find where the miscommunication has come from?!?

Incidentally, I too thought that you had said tads had given grief to Torq. If that wasn’t what you meant, it’s certainly how it came across to me.

• 54 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Hope you don’t mind my saying…hate to see the family fighting x

• 55 ONLINE GUY // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Ibiza

I did just what you say

I extended the hand of friendship to him in an earlier post ..I was willing to forget it all and he just turned nasty in fact I will find it for you hang about.

• 56 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Online…Okay, haven’t been through all of todays posts, just thought I’d put that out there :)

• 57 Ibizatoon // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Might have a flick through the comments actually…I wonder if TDSarf has been back on with information about it being illegal to say someone has performed badly in their job.

• 58 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 6, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Jimmy,

That’s easy.

We are already safe this season.

Premier League status is all that matters to Mike, not ambition, alot of money to be made in TV money.

We have did that in his eyes now, we’re safe this season in regards to having made that revenue. Off-loading our best player for 3 times his worth is good business to him, now that he knows we are safe. This is how he roles.

We were never going to sign his replacement though, regardless of the midfielders mentioned. How many times have we seen it now. Pathetic bids placed late in windows? Mike likes a kitty to dip into, a very large one i’v said it time and time again. This stops him having to fund anything to do with the club. He learnt his lesson when we were sent down to the championship, footed the bill, then wanted it back. Humerous to say the least.

We’re safe this season through his eyes now and the TV money is more than guaranteed.

It’s just another gamble Jimmy. He see’s us as safe. Not far off the magic 40. The odds are we are safe.

This is all so he can spend a few million in the summer and get us fans off his back again and we are supposed to forget all this past year.

One must admit, the kitty must be a canny size at the Toon now since last year when we broke even.

We have cut wages hugely since 2007. We import players from France on half of the wages. TV revenue, Premier League money, etc etc.

The plan is brilliant in that respect.

Unfortunetly, not spending our TV money and money from players, goes completely against what you need to do in this league to push on.

The bloke is either highly insecure with us and dosn’t know how to operate as a football club owner, or he is very greedy.

What football club holds a kitty in the Premier League?

The question is, why won’t Mike Ashley spend our money? OUR money?

Is it because he will only spend 5 mil to make 10?

10 to maybe make 20?

A football club cannot operate like that.

• 59 HTT // Feb 6, 2014 at 3:36 AM

Mike Ashley, what is going on in the fat man’s head? Frigging international man of mystery these days, even seems to have the papers beaten to an extent.

Fair play to him, he knows that as long as he keeps the uncertainty we’ll always have that glimmer of hope that he is gong to change his ways; learn from past mistakes and finally help the club live up to some of it’s potential.

Likelihood of it happening? Not a chance ha

• 60 jimmysmith // Feb 6, 2014 at 5:27 AM

I’m not sure Mike Ashley really has that much control over the club.

He seems to have the cat by the tail at best. You get the feeling that if you shone a light on his other business dealings, in the same way his ownerership of Nufc is scrutinized, you’d unearth a catalogue of misdemeanors and opportunism.

Trouble is he’s operating in a far bigger pond, the World Game, in running one of England’s biggest football clubs, in the worlds most lucrative domestic football market. It’s a bit more demanding than trading down at heel tat manufacturers.

I’m starting to think its less a question of design and more a lack of calibre.

• 61 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 6, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Online Guy
    You really are an idiot

Move on

I made it clear i have no interest in conversing/debating with you as you have no grasp as to what the hell your actually typing and you then tail off in nonsensical and truly bizarre rants which have fusk all to do with what’s being discussed

But no your intent on dragging g out an arguement from over a year ago no one apart from you remembers or cares about

And you really do need to learn to read, there were no racial slurs
    You can say you have x y and z it’s the internet mate for all I know you’ve been sitting in your lazy boy all evening nursing a microwave meal

Move on, your a boring obsessive poster with to much time
    I explained to you i wasn’t interested in your olive branch because I have no interest in talking to you
    Move on with your life and stop boring the hell out threads with ya rants ffs

• 62 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 6, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Prodigy
    You’ve got it spot on mate

• 63 check the toastie // Feb 6, 2014 at 6:34 AM

This blog is full of Jeremy Kyle wannabes, anything for attention.

• 64 check the toastie // Feb 6, 2014 at 6:34 AM

PARDEW OUT

• 65 theartfuldodger // Feb 6, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Can someone explain this to me in business terms:

We lost cabaye for 20m. No replacement.
    We slide down the table and loose as much if not more.

How is this a good business decision ? How can we praise ashley even in business terms ..

He seems more like a person who is disinterested in NUFC. Taking the P1ss with arbitrary decisions. Doesent care abt Nufc profits,just minimizing losses and keeping the wheel turning.And no confrontational people or press interviews.I cannot see any area intentionally improved.

Assuming he makes some non football related gains eg advertising, the sustainability of his model is based on regular income into nufc without trying hard or planning. And that comes from Ticket Sales and Match Day Attendance. Perhaps, we hit him in the biggest way by not going to games.

• 66 p // Feb 6, 2014 at 6:54 AM

He hardly pays attention to what goes on at nufc anymore, too busy with his other business interests.

• 67 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 6, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Theartfuldodger

I just don’t think that he’s that interested in running the club
    He delegates roles to people he feels can run the club for him, however how the hell he thought putting JFK in charge of the football development side of the business was sheer madness!!!

Check
    There’s nothing wrong with a bit of jezza ;)

• 68 theartfuldodger // Feb 6, 2014 at 7:29 AM

TADS,

Thats why I think that a huge decline in attendance will force him to think and plan.
    He cannot afford to loose his regular source of income which runs the club on its own.

Now if Ashley is disinterested, he cant hire someone in place of jfk who is enthusiastic and of his own mind, can he ?

Ash is now confused, his earlier plan was to have someone equally disinterested and a yes-man who will take the abuse while keeping the wheel turning. For whatevr reasons it dint work.
    The other choice he has is of hiring someone who is enthusiastic and will build but ofcourse that will not be in the miserly way ashley likes. Someone he can handover the mgmt reigns of the club to.

I dont see him liking the fact he has to make choices again and again. But let see what he chooses.

• 69 Slank // Feb 6, 2014 at 7:31 AM

65theartfuldodger @. 65

You have made two statements. The first is a fact (Cabaye sold). The second is a what if (slide down the table). You could have equally said ‘move up the table’. It’s possible i know but i think we will remain where we are.

Remember that after the summer transfer window closed many fans were absolutely sure we would be in a relegation battle because we hadn’t bought anybody. Instead we have been in the top ten almost all the time since.

But yes it doesn’t make financial sense if we slide down the table but that is the risk that successful entrepreneurs make and is why they become rich by making more right calls than bad.

• 70 John Tudor // Feb 6, 2014 at 7:38 AM

kinnear out

• 71 Slank // Feb 6, 2014 at 7:39 AM

P @ 66

I agree with you and have always said that Ashley’s prime attention is focused on SD because that’s his creation and it is where his wealth derives from and in a market where he is king.

I would suspect that Newcastle United in comparison to SD rarely crosses his mind on a daily basis unlike Newcastle fans where it is all consuming.

• 72 Transfer Sage // Feb 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM

dodger

People under estimate the amount of money the club make off tickets

say average price of £30 x 19games x 52,000 people = £29,640,000……that’s a lot of money

• 73 Slank // Feb 6, 2014 at 7:47 AM

68theartfuldodger @ 68

You are talking as if you know Ashley personally who has confided his inner most thoughts to you.

You are like me and all Newcastle fans. We have no idea what he is thinking or what he is going to do.

It has been well known in the City for quite sometime that Ashley is his own man and is very hard to predict but is a very shrewd and very tough operator. He recently took all the very highly paid City analysts by complete surprise by buying and selling into Debenhams.

Putting two and two together may not equal four with Ashley. You would not bet against him.

• 74 MACKEMWARRIOR // Feb 6, 2014 at 7:55 AM

alen sheer overwrited striker if i ever seen won

• 75 John Tudor // Feb 6, 2014 at 7:55 AM

turditis

• 76 mindshaft // Feb 6, 2014 at 7:59 AM

There are some right kernobs on this ere blog, shearer as dof… Errr Ashley doesn’t like him or rate him so that ain’t gonna happen ever !

Tho if we’re just making random stuff up I don’t see why we can’t win the Prem this year – if not we should move the team to Durham as a penalty for being sh1te

• 77 catchy in norway // Feb 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM

a lot of things don’t make any sense in all of this

mike Ashleys biggest problem is , he has not got the right team in place to implement his wishes

it makes no sense, to buy a club for 300 million and not care,
    he might not care about NUFC the way I care about it, but he cares about 300 million,
    the guy likes money, he hates loosing money, but is always looking for the easy way, and that’s not a crime, we all want to earn more for less,

I really dont understand all the fuss about cabaye going, if he wanted to go , why force him to stay, he was crap for the first couple of month until he got his head sorted , but it was only sorted because he was promised he could go, what would have happened if he did not get his wish, toys out the pram again ???

is it pardews fault for relying on a player he new was going ?
    whos fault is it for not having a back up plan ?

Ashley has provided many players , many good players, and for the most part pardew has not made one of them better, and I think that’s just a big a crime as what AShley is doing,

I really dont care who sponsors the shirt, I have no passion for how much we are not getting for lost advertisement space, and I really dont see why anyone else is, your a football fan, not a banker, all you should worry about is the football, concentrate on the players we have, and how we get the best out of those,

I can tell you now, if we were winning games, going for cups, no one would even care who owned the club or who sponsored it,

you think Chelsea fans are worried they have a shady Russian ?
    you think man c fans are worried about oil shieks ??

NO, there winnng things

• 78 mindshaft // Feb 6, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Mackemwarrior – you better get back to school and learn how to spell or have you burnt your school down you idiot

• 79 Slank // Feb 6, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Shearer as far as I can see has few, if any, attributes that would qualify him for a job as DOF.

He is an armchair pundit and not very good at that.

• 80 theartfuldodger // Feb 6, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Slank,

No one knows what Ashleys thinking.
    We are all just guessing based on the clues we have.

Only thing I dont include in my guesses are miracles. Which is what Ashley hopes for when he sells yr best player and still looks to rise up the table. And thats the odacity of a man who doesent understand football (to quote Pardew)

• 81 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 6, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Mindshaft
    Yeah far too much bad blood between Ashley and Shearer
    Plus he has no experience to take such a role

Someone posted a link to a SSN radio interview with Damien Comolli(?) the old Liverpool DOF saying he was looking to get back to the prem, the interviewer mentioned there was a job going at the toon ;)

• 82 Slank // Feb 6, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Catchy @ 77

Reference your last two sentences about Chelsea, Man City and their respective fans you are absolutely correct and i would add that which other fans of a team in the top ten are so worked up about getting rid of their manager ?

• 83 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 6, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Do we really need another DoF?

…in my book we need a CEO preferably someone with football experience or knowledge!

• 84 MACKEMWARRIOR // Feb 6, 2014 at 8:19 AM

btw (by the way for those nubheads from gateshead) im just here to comment and maybe give some bantz as a rival fan.always good to see what the smaller clubs around us are up to

• 85 ToonMatt // Feb 6, 2014 at 10:18 AM

The club is going down with Ashley in charge we need him out before it’s too late.

previous post: Newcastle Man Up For Player Of The Month