Alan Shearer – Worries About Newcastle’s Players

The nonsense that went on at Newcastle in the last week of the transfer window, will not only have sent a negative message about Newcastle to their faithful fans,  but also our players must be asking what’s exactly going on at the club.

It was gross incompetence to sell Newcastle’s best player and then not replace him last week, and Newcastle’s season has been  jeopardized by those supposed to be leading the club.

alan shearer close up 2012

Alan Shearer – one of Newcastle’s all time greats

Newcastle icon has told talkSPORT that he  also wonders why Newcastle manager Alan Pardew rests players in the two Cup competitions, when we aren’t even in Europe, and play only round 43 games a season these days.

This is what the 43 year-old all-time Newcastle great has told talkSPORT:

“Joe Kinnear was quoted as saying that no-one would be leaving in January.”  “But if you’re going to let your best player go, you have to have a plan for someone to come in.”

“You can’t let Cabaye leave and then bring no-one else in. That just can’t happen.” “It sends a bad message out to the fans and, if you’re a player in that dressing room, you must be thinking, ‘where are we going?’”

“They’re in a decent position in the league, but they are not going to finish in the top four so the two cups are the only things they had a chance of wining.”

“So I don’t get them resting players in those competitions because these are the trophies that the likes of Newcastle need to go for. Resting players in cup competitions I just don’t get.”

“It’s not as if they are in Europe and playing 65 games this season. They went out at the first hurdle in the FA Cup, and played three games in the Capital One Cup.”

“That means they’ll have 43 games this season, and that’s not a lot of games to ask a professional player to play.”

Of course Alan is right, and unless there are big changes made quickly at the Tyneside club, we could continue to be at best a mediocre club in the Premier League.

Gone are the days when we were a top four club in England  – that’s the unfortunate truth.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I suppose Alan, what we really need is someone who cares, who is not afraid to be vocal, to actually help and do something….

…Mind, we all like to get cozy on the sofa from time to time.

• expatmag

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:06 AM

IBIZA

Shearer would make an excellent DOF if only Ashley could have the foresight to back him in the role

• Belfast

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Ibiza I can help you with your fraud problems.

I will need your sort code and security number located on the back of your card first though.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:08 AM

expat…Sadly I feel we could compile a great list of candidates for DOF, or even managers, but that list will always have the proviso of “if only Ashley could have the foresight to back him in the role”.

• Belfast

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Start date and end date would be a great help too.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Belfast…They’re bigger than double digit numbers though, you sure you can handle that?

• Graeme

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Expat – How on earth would shearer make a great DOF.
    its a full time role, needs great fexibility and would hardly be compatible with his other business interests.

He would be as good a DOF as he was a Manager!!

• expatmag

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM

IBIZA

Very true. I even thought about applying for the role myself but had second thoughts…….lol

• Graeme

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Ibiza – send them to me – I have some friends in “Dark Places” who could sort that in 20 mins mate lol

How you enjoying wrinkly land??

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:13 AM

DOF does stand for “Doer of F**kall”, right?

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Fraud helpline
    +234 84 0800 000,They’re experts.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Graeme…Thanks, but despite Belfasts post, I am not auctioning off or giving away my bank details…not today anyway.

I am a lot more chilled, but ready to see some younger and less wrinkled skin 🙂

• Ciaran

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Just been through the comments this evening. Intellectual debates with tosspots and apparently I bullied Torq off the blog?

High quality stuff indeed.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Jail…Thanks.

• Belfast

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Depends Ibiza.
    How much you got in the bank ?

If it’s over £10, I’m sure I could manage it.

• expatmag

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

GRAEME

Of course, he would have to give up his MOTD and ambassadorial duties to take on the role but his ability as a DOF has absolutely no relation whatsoever to his abilities as a manager. They are two completely different roles as you well know.

Shearer would be a good option in my opinion for the following reasons:

1. He has a NUFC man through and through.
    2. He is hfghly respected and experienced in the game both overseas and at home.
    3. He would have the ability to coordinate and liaise with thevarious football issues within the club such as scouting, the academy and the manager as well as fellow directors.
    4. He would be a great voice to the fans

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:17 AM

expat,
    In my five years in Sydney, I don’t think I saw us mentioned in the Daily Telegraph more than ten times.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Belfast…Think of a number between 1 and 10. Multiply it be 10. Divide it by your IQ. Right, you should still have the same number as when you divided by 20, correct?

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Ibiza,
    De nada para te siempres.

• Belfast

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I quite like the way ruddy gets the blame for everything lol

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Jail…Que?

Only joking!

Quick question though, why is the greeting for that number “Hello and welcome to the Mike Ashley appreciation hotline”?

Hope all goes well in China!

• expatmag

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:22 AM

JFA

That is Sydney for you, mate. So far up themselves, its unbelievable…LOL

I am from Melbourne. We are the sporting capital of Australia and our papers usually have a two page spread daily on football, both home and abroad. We were on yesterday where they covered the Kinnear resignation.

• Belfast

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Forget it Ibiza. Lost my calculator

• expatmag

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:23 AM

CIARAN

I thought it was JT who ran him out of toon……LOL

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Belfast…Alright mate, no worries. Was simply implying you had an IQ of 1 or possibly 0.

Actually, scratch that…I messed up…it should have ended “you should still have the same number as when you divided by 10” not 20.

I’ll just get back to what I’m supposed to be doing. Enjoy this moment Belfast 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Jail… +234 is where exactly? After joking about the MA hotline it has occurred to me that something may well be up with that number 🙂

• Toon-Prodigy

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Howay Alan, what don’t you get?

The reasons we dropped players for cup games was because Ashley has made it very very clear to Pardew the Premier League is the priority. Those games come first.

Players will be rested for Cup games because every Premier League game is pivotal so we pick up points to make sure we stay in the league.

Nothing else matters to Ashley apart from TV revenue. This is all he is interested in. Obviously not trophies.

Which in itself is pretty pathetic considering our goal is mid-table under Ashley.

Ashley is pretty easy to read if you look hard enough. But really, it can quite easily be sussed out with the terminolgy..

Zero ambition.

• Ciaran

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Expat

I don’t mind taking the flak for it, I’ll not hide the fact that I had no time for the ITK BS no matter how nice he was perceived to be. Developed a complex too when the ‘rumours’ he was hearing was a crock of nonsense.

Some chat about us scouting Belgium and Holland and expect a new technical director to come in to NUFC. A few weeks later we announced Joe Kinnear as DOF.

I’ve no personal beef with him, but he is as bad as Indykaila and proudtobeageordie.

• beddersmag

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:28 AM

£100M should be enough to bring in five or more top players – even if we only pay out only £40M of what’s available – and do it Mike Ashley’s thrifty way.

Had to laugh at this Ed quote, as if he will spend ‘just’ 40m. You have to love the deluded positivity of the guy though.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:28 AM

expat,
    I went to watch Oz vs Uruguay at the MCG, they won 1-0 with a Kevin Muscat penalty, joined the mile high club with the lass I flew down there with 🙂

• expatmag

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:31 AM

JFA

I was at that game too. We were right in line with the penalty up in the great southern stand.

I joined the mile high club that night too. Me and the missus were staying on the top floor of the Hilton just across the park from the G……LOL

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Ibiza,
    Google should tell you, Mike Ashley has his call centres there, allegedly…..

• Belfast

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM

He’ll be here under a different name.

You’re still a bully though, and the virus on the blog is probably down to you. 😉

• Ciaran

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Is this nufcblog.com after dark!?

• Graeme

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Jail, the Direct Line is +234 419 419419

Well known in Nigerian circles lol

• Graeme

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Ibiza +234 is Nigeria, where else lol

• Toon-Prodigy

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Bit erotic in here tonight isn’t it?

• Ciaran

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Belfast

It’s my lot in life, probably deserve it for being an annoying s**t for so long haha

I’ve mellowed in my blossoming maturity, if only people could see the real Ruddy… haha

• Ibizatoon

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Graeme…Cheers…sounds about right!

Prodigy…Not sure about that, but don’t question it, just jump in!

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:36 AM

expat,
    Fair play but I’m not sure if that qualifies you, they were asking 5000 Aussie for return flights to Montevideo at the time.