Newcastle Now Warned As To Their Future Conduct

The fracas that saw both Loic Remy and Bradley Johnson sent off in the game at Norwich City, has resulted in both clubs being fined, because they failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behavior. That’s FA language for saying both sets of players just lost it.

loic remy bradley johnson

Loic Remy and Bradley Johnson confronting each other

In the 82nd minute all hell was let loose as Loic Remy and Bradley Johnson confronted each other, as shown above, and then both were sent off by the referee.

Both clubs then  appealed the red cards – and for no logical reason we could find – Bradley Johnson was let off and didn’t serve any suspension at all – and yet Loic is still suspended for three games and is out another  two games.

Was that unfair to Newcastle, or was that unfair to Newcastle?

This is the statement the FA issued today:

“Newcastle admitted the charge and accepted the standard penalty of £20,000, which includes a third-off for admitting.”  “Norwich, who had a similar breach earlier this season, denied the charge, which was subsequently found proven, and were fined £30,000.”

“Both clubs were warned as to their future conduct.”

And to add insult to injury Newcastle hit each post and the cross-bar during the game, and were much the better side and we should have collected all 3 points.

However, it took a great save in injury time from goalkeeper Tim Krul, for Newcastle to even come away with that point from Carrow Road.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• TurkishFan101

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Repost:

List of potential managers we could get:

Frank De Boer

Marcelo Biesla

Senol Gunes – This guy is very successful at Turkey and his Champions League performance shows this as well. Plays good football as well!

Guus Hiddink – Very much possible, he loves Newcastle according to the time when we played him!

Frank Rijkaard

So fans which one would your choice be or your rankings from most wanted to least??

• clinath@ed

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:56 PM

If dreams came true…I’d have Mr Hiddink.

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:57 PM

OMG SD has taken over the FA if there offering a third off!

• clinath@ed

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Does this count towards us winning something this year?

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Clinath
    If dreams came true we’d have a combination of man city and barcas line up and won the CL several times over!

You better get that lottery ticket Dok!!!

• Ancientcoptic

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM

The FA are a bit of a joke, nobody really respects them, just accept the decision and move on.

Leave them to their Champagne parties and odd decision making processes.

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Red carded?
    Why not celebrate in style with a 3rd off our sharp new misconduct line
    Pop in to your local sports direct branch today while stocks last!

• clinath@ed

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Tads….and I thought I had a vivid imagination. Was going to say something about spending some time in your dreams….but that just sounded wrong.

• DokToon

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM

tads, here stateside its up to 214 mil… im stopping on the way home after work, if i hit, certain valued bloggers will win new nufc shirts… with no wonga logo as part of my hostile takeover 🙂

• DokToon

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:20 PM

in samurai times, one would be asked to fall on his sword.. i will offer mr ashley a choice between a driver, a 5 iron and a putter… then deny him his choice, just to show him what its like to be toyed with 🙂

• Thump

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:39 PM

@Turkish: Hiddink or Rijkaard. Rijkaard would be a dream come true for me. Neither would come though 🙁

• Tsunki

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM

I am not surprised the club have been warned – acting like a proper team beating Chelsea and even manure at home, but losing to the unwashed like league 2 divers. The FA won’t stand for us impersonating a PL side much longer, you have been warned Mr Ashley.

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:54 PM

I’m not sure this will help but here goes..

I was born 1975 in a house on Ebor st, I’m 38 will be 39 this year.
    I lived and still live in heaton except when in forces or working away.
    I went to Ravenswood primary on chilling ham rd then to Benfield comp.
    I jointed the army in 94 and left 2000 I was posted in Germany and was sent to places from there.
    Returned to the uk in 2000 and moved back to heaton.
    I’ve went to the matches since 84 sometimes as a season ticket holder others on the door. I gave my last season ticket up when we finished 5th I still get to go if I want but it’s a chore now and something I once loved hurts me so I try and stay away, still been three times this year.
    I’m six feet three inches about 15 stone, I have long hair and tattoos everywhere with LOVE in six inch letters around my neck.
    For the last few years I’ve went to the Landmark for beers before and after the match.
    My name is Craig only because my dad wouldn’t let my mam call me Lesley… I do have a nickname all my friends kno me by but since we’re not friends yet I’ll keep a couple secrets.. 😉

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Sorry Bandbs pet I feel shady just thought the name of Rebbeca would invoke a smile on some of the sullen faces around,,

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM

DOK
    Some of you may buy the toon if you won the lottery I’d be inclined to live like di caprio in wolf of wall st even tho I’m a hippy 😉

• TurkishFan101

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Thump

Agree with you on the manager part, but maybe getting them will not be impossible, there will be big changes in the summer awaiting us. Its either the club is being sold or Mike Ashley fixing the club from bottom to top realising the potential of the club…

• BandB

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Rebekka,

I want you to to stay with me.

I pretended to be a bloke until I eventually lost my rag. Ask Ibizatoon, Ciaran, Tsunki, Ian Toon.

I hope the next girl who comes along won’t be asked about her c*ck.

You can stay a girl for me.

• clinath@ed

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Reading between the lines….I think Rebbeca is a Bloke!

• BandB

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:18 PM

PS,

Do any of you boys have a problem with that!

• clinath@ed

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Not at six foot three BandB…!

• firebug666

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:28 PM

PMSL @ Clinath@ed

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:42 PM

I’m a hippy guys, got that anger out my system years ago although a certain cockney gets me ranging from time to time.
    I’m sure some of you will have seen me about I stand out a bit with bright green tats on my neck.
    I like a good laugh getting intoxicated and talking bollocks about the toon.typical Geordie.

• BandB

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Bekks,

On a scale of one to 10 of “killing the blog”, you managed it, pet :0

Ibizatoon……….over to you.

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Turkishfan

Choosing a manager I find quite hard, if it was my job to choose someone I’d want to know transfer budget targets in league etc etc.
    I don’t think we have a chance of a good established manager at the minute our best chance is a young up and comer but that’s a big risk too. Our best bet may have gone to the unwashed.

If it’s anyone I wanted Bobby Robson all day every day twice on a Sunday! Never had so much pride in my team as a fan until dyer etc blew the doors off.
    Met the man twice a true gent who had time for anybody!

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:56 PM

BandB
    After reading for a while I suspected a few of the posters were spotty teenagers who’d played too much FIFA.
    So saying a few of them have never met a female the idea I may or not be a man and have offered cuddles round they’ll either be hiding or jacking off. 😉

• BandB

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Bekks,

Leave that alone for now, though but.

We might have the blog to ourselves for a while 🙂

Whadd’ya think happens next?

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I don’t know if it’s all girls ;). Maybe we should get a bottle of lambrini in?

I never took much notice when there’s been name calling etc, I remember Ian being accused of posting under a different name.
    Did something else happen that caused the suspicion?
    I assure everyone I posted 1st time couple days ago although I created my account around six weeks ago..
    If someone was posting under two names it wouldn’t bother me if I disagreed with him first time reading it again wouldn’t change my mind unless there was new info!

Can we talk about football I fear the worst but am always optimistic, I’m going for a bore draw the mora what about you?

• BandB

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:10 PM

For the puzzled.

If Jeff from Benwell can “choose” to be an abusive thick-heed as his online persona, what is out of bounds?

• Blofal

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:10 PM

I think tonight we need 5 at the back…

Debuchy-Saylor-Willo-Mbiwa-Santon
    ————–Anita———-
    –Sissoko—–Marveux—–Benarfa
    ————–DeJong——-

• BandB

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Bekka,

Football, yes. Offer me your crack.
    The boys will join in, I hope.

• scubydu

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM

rebecca are you the one with a tattoo on your b—- end

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Scu have you been watching me in the toilets?

With the players we have when fit I’d play
    Krul
    Debauchy. Willow. Mbiwa. Haidra/Dummet

Tilted. Sissoko
    Anita
    Gouff/HBA. Remu
    De Jong

Anita always shows for the ball and generally keeps the ball well i think Sissokho should be box to box sitting with tiote and breaking with Anita tying it together. I don’t rate santon as he jogs back into position when caught out.
    I’d put Remy on right as he does most damage coming from the left than through the middle and De Jong can hold the ball and bring people into play better. As for goofy or Benny I’d love to find a way for Benny to flourish I just don’t think he can with Pardews style..
    That team and set up to me is our best bet really and strongest side in my opinion so changes for sat would be made accordingly.

• BandB

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:26 PM

I hate to predict defeats.

I predicted 4-0 to us last week, though I would not have done that with my hand on a Bible.

I think Chelsea expected to do us without breaking sweat last time. I don’t expect them to do that again.

So, hand on Bible. A scrappy draw.

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Tiote Sissokho

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Haha and that’s backwards. Remy on left coming in on his right

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM

And 4 3 3

• BandB

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM

I’m off to bed, chucky egg. To ask God to remember us tomorrow.

B, A, N, D, B

• scubydu

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:35 PM

becca
    i knew you when you had no tats
    wos talkin to ya dad (dave) earlier,told him you were talkin bollocks on this site.

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Haha what bollocks I’m a talking? Haha funny you seem to know me.. You shy?

• scubydu

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:42 PM

becca
    i cant be shy i took you for breakfast a few weeks ago in hexham .penny dropped yet