The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Can Pardew Do The Double Over Mourinho?

8:11 am, Saturday, February 8th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

There’s not too many Newcastle fan that think we can get much out of the game this afternoon at Stamford Bridge, and especially since Jose Mourinho will be out to beat Newcastle, after we surprisingly beat them 2-1 at St. James’ Park earlier this season.

jose mourinho

Jose Mourinho – we’re up against this man today

In that game it was all Chelsea in the first half, but Newcastle held out well and then attacked Chelsea in the second period – and it was one of our best displays and best results of the season – a terrific performance from the lads.

But today with Cheick Tiote, Loic Remy, Fab Coloccini, Yoan Gouffran and Papiss Cisse out, and Yohan Cabaye gone, this could be one of the weakest sides we’ve put out in the league this season.

Alan Pardew seems to be a big fan of the Chelsea manager:

“Most weeks is a tactical masterclass from Mourinho, of course he walks on water.” “It’s a professional relationship we have. I don’t go out for dinner with him. I don’t buy him wine or drinks. I admire him because what he’s done in the game.

“But the most important thing is when I stand next to him on Saturday I’m not having any friendship with him. “He knows that. I want to beat him. At the moment this year season it’s 1-0 to me!”

“He’s brilliant for the Premier League. I do love him. I do love him for what he brings. We all love him – or mostly.”

“You don’t get the record he’s got of winning trophies unless you have a very, very sharp intellect. I think it was interesting what he said this week. He’s had a few managers pass under him, working under him as I have had. But they can never take your DNA as a manager.

“You can do the same sessions, the same this and that but at the end of the day it’s what happens in the dressing room during those really crucial moments that matter. He gets those right more often than he gets them wrong.”

“We’ve done a lot of work on the training ground all based around Chelsea and we did even more on Friday on Chelsea – although obviously it was a lighter day, we’ll talk. It’s all geared along those lines to make sure we put in a performance out there that represents the shirt.”

With Newcastle fans in the doldrums with the ineptitude, incompetence and complete lack of ambition shown by the club in the January transfer window, if Newcastle are going to be get a surprise result, today would be a good day to do it.

And how many managers beat Mourinho twice in a season – not too many.

But we just cannot see our side being able to live with Chelsea today – so the expectations are not high.

But we’ve also been wrong before.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Chelsea?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Injuries · Newcastle News · Premier League

9 responses so far ↓

• 1 Korean Magpie // Feb 8, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Doubt it

• 2 davetoon // Feb 8, 2014 at 8:23 AM

stranger things (have not happened)

• 3 catchy in norway // Feb 8, 2014 at 8:26 AM

pardew my dear man, take a bow, your a clown, and while you don’t entertain me with football , you certainly do with the pap you talk,

I think you live on the moon,

you have hoodwinked so many fans into thinking your good because you talk a good game, if only you believed in your self,

I think this self confidence thing people think you have is all an act, JM is self confident , knows what he wants and does it, and tells it how it is, most people can see it the way he does ,

as dion Warwick sang , walk on by , Burt Bacharach wrote it

another good song

When I’m drivin’ in my car
    And that man comes on the radio
    He’s tellin’ me more and more
    About some useless information
    Supposed to fire my imagination
    I can’t get no, oh no, no, no
    Hey hey hey, that’s what I say

• 4 jazzyp // Feb 8, 2014 at 8:29 AM

My dear fellow bloggers, Whats with the Pardew bashing already this morning. He’s been the best thing for Nufc since sliced bread……..And you know this to be true lol

• 5 JDdubai // Feb 8, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Id love it if Pards cam out with a really attacking team, HBA, Marveux, Gouffy behind De Jong and just went for it.

Season is safe, what is to lose from this game as everyone expects to lose so why not at least have a go. If we did and lost heavily then I still think some people would appreciate the fact he had balls instead of going 442 longball and losing 3 or 4 nil as will happen.

• 6 anthc // Feb 8, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Lose by at least three goals today and will not score. Taylors due to give a penalty away with his groin (blatant handball to you and me) or a stupid tackle.

• 7 martoon // Feb 8, 2014 at 9:44 AM

What the hell do you expect Pardew to say “We are without our best players so we are going to get thrashed”. Of course he has got to be positive!

• 8 John Tudor // Feb 17, 2014 at 6:18 PM